India is home to many of the Top premiere Institutes for Engineering. These Indian Institutes not only offer students high quality education but a bright professional career as well. Undoubtedly, we all would concede that getting enrolled into such esteemed universities and colleges is not a piece of cake, rather it requires lot of perseverance and grit. One has to clear tough Entrance exams that are considered to be the toughest in the country. Not every student makes it to these Colleges.
In terms of Engineering, most of the colleges accept JEE scores for admissions. Other than all the IITs and NITs, there are many good technical colleges, that offers good placements too who accept JEE Scores.
Few such colleges are listed below:
1. IIIT Hyderabad – This college is considered as one of the best for computer science. Even few are of the view that IIIT Hyderabad is better than the IITs.
2. NSIT(Netaji Subhash Insitute of Technology) – A renowned engineering college from NCR. Most of the companies who visit DTU, also visit NSIT campus for placements.
3. Jadavpur University – One of the best college in West Bengal considering their excellent Education pattern. Students from West Bengal are doing very well in placements and in higher studies. Previously, it used to accept JEE Scores, but from recent times, admissions are on the basis of the rank in WBJEE.
4. DA-IICT (Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology) – This is one best private college of Gujarat. Last year DAIICT students got job offer from Google with pay package of around 95LPA.
5. DTU (Delhi Technological University) – Formerly known as DCE is a very old and prestigious college of NCR. DTU comes in the top 10 rankings and have a very impressive placements record.
6. VJTI (Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute) – It is one of the oldest Engineering colleges in Asia. The institute trains students in engineering and technology at the certificate, diploma, degree, post-graduate and doctoral levels.
7. LNMIIT (Laxmi Niwas Mittal Institute of Information Technolgy) – It is an excellent technical institute, located in the State of Rajasthan. It offers both B.Tech. and M.Tech courses to offer.
8. IIIT Delhi – It is a research-oriented university with strong focus on research at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. It is considered as an “Institute of National Importance” by the Indian government’s All India Council for Technical Education.
9. Anna University – Some of the best courses in Engineering are offered here. It is also a good center for research work.
10. PSG Coimbatore – It offers technical and management undergraduate and post graduate programs to students from across the country.
11. BIT Mesra – It is known to offer Scholarship worth 2.25 crores to meritorious students.
12. College of Engineering, Pune – This College offers under-graduate and post-graduate engineering programs. It has number of clubs, events that provide many opportunities for personal development.
A list of the top engineering colleges for 2014 can be found here.
A list of engineering colleges accepting JEE scores can be found in this article.