Joint Entrance Examination (Main) – 2014 will be conducted by the JEE Apex Board for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programmes in NITs, IIITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions etc.
For admission to NITs, Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) like IIITs etc. and other participating Institutions, the merit/rank list shall be prepared based on 40% weightage to school Boards marks in class 12th or equivalent examination and 60% weightage to JEE(Main).
JEE Main 2014 Eligibility Criteria
Below listed Eligibility Criteria is based on previous year rules
For those candidates /students who are willing to give the JEE (Main) 2014 must have passed Class XII examination or its equivalent qualification required from any well recognized board, University or Institute in 2012 or 2013. Class XII candidates who are going through their final examinations in 2014 can also appear in the JEE Main 2014 exams. Anyhow the admission criteria in respective institute, College or University as per the guidelines & criteria prescribed by AICTE. Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/any other Qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE (Main).
Qualifying Examinations List:
1. Candidates must have passed their XII Class examination in 10+2 pattern of examination from any recognised Central/State Board of Secondary examination for CBSE or ISCE.
2. Two year pre-university examination, Intermediate or equvilant from a recognized university / board.
3. HSC Vocation examination.
4. Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
5. Any Public School, Board or University in India or in foreign countries recognized by Association of Indian Universities or equivalent to 10+2 pattern.
6. HSC 3 or 4-year diploma from AICTE approved State Board of Technical Education.
7. Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2011 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2015 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2014.
8. A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE (Main) shall be limited to 03 (three).