GUJCET 2020 Notification: The Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) has postponed GUJCET 2020 exam due to the extension of COVID -19 lockdown. As per GUJCET notification, the exam was scheduled to be conducted on 31st March 2020 and now a new date shall be released later. Whereas, GUJCET 2020 admit card was already released on 16th March 2020.
Gujarat Common Entrance Test or GUJCET is conducted to select candidates for admission into B.Tech./B.E. courses offered by 112 participating colleges of Gujarat. GUJCET is conducted by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB). The counselling and admission process is looked after by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC). In this article, all the necessary information about GUJCET 2020 notification will be provided. Read on to find out.
GUJCET 2020: An Overview
Before we get down to the details of GUJCET Notification, let us bring you an overview of GUJCET 2020:
|Name of the Exam||Gujarat Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known as||GUJCET|
|GUJCET Conducting Body||Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB)|
|Admission Conducting Body||Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC)|
|Type of Exam||State Level|
|Category of Exam||Undergraduate|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech. and B.E.|
|Duration of Courses||4 Years|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper-based)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
GUJCET 2020 Important Dates
The important dates for GUJCET are tabulated below.
|GUJCET 2020 Registration Date||21st January 2020|
|Last Date for submitting GUJCET 2020|
Application Form and obtaining a User ID
|15th February 2020|
|GUJCET Admit card Availability Date||16th March 2020|
|GUJCET 2020 Exam Date||Postponed (To Be Notified)|
|Release of GUJCET Answer Key||To Be Notified|
|Declaration of GUJCET Results||To Be Notified|
|GUJCET Counselling||To Be Notified|
GUJCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for GUJCET, candidates must check the GUJCET eligibility criteria that must be met:
|Nationality||The applicants should be of Indian nationality.|
|Educational Qualification||Applicant should have qualified 10+2 or equivalent examination from Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board or any other recognized board.|
|State Eligibility||Applicants should be a bonafide resident of Gujarat. Applicants who are a resident of Gujarat but residing in other state are also eligible to apply for the exam.|
|Qualifying Marks||General applicants should score a minimum of 45% (for general category) and 40% (for reserved categories) in the qualifying exam.|
How To Apply For GUJCET 2020?
Here are some guidelines to fill up the GUJCET 2020 Application form:
- GUJCET application is available only in the online mode.
- If the data entered is incorrect then an application form can be rejected. The details entered will be verified with the documents that you need to bring during the document verification day.
- No correction can be made after the submission of the application form and payment of application fees.
- Also, note that the GUJCET application fee is non-refundable.
- You are also required to upload scanned images of your signature and photograph. The signature and photos have to be clear.
- The size of the attachment should be between 5KB and 50KB.
- Scanned documents should be only in .jpg/.jpeg format and image resolution should be 300 DPI (Dots per Inch) or above.
- The signature must be on a white paper with black or dark blue ink.
- Candidates are also requested to check the instructions before they filled the application form.
GUJCET 2020 Registration Procedures:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website of GUJCET- gujcet.gseb.org.
- – 2nd Step: Click on “Click Here For New Candidates Registration”.
- – 3rd Step: Enter your basic details, including your Email ID and Mobile Number and register yourself.
- – 4th Step: Login with your Email ID and Password.
- – 5th Step: Make the payment of GUJCET application fees. Payment can be made both in online and offline mode.
- – 6th Step: Enter your personal, academic, category details. Upload scanned copies of your “Photograph” and “Signature.”
- – 7th Step: Review the information you have provided and submit your GUJCET online form.
- – 8th Step: Take a print out of the GUJCET application form for future reference.
GUJCET 2020 Exam Centers
The list of cities where GUJCET 2020 is going to be conducted are tabulated below:
|Junagadh and Diu||Junagadh|
|Valsad and Daman, Dadra Nagar Haveli||Valsad|
|Chhota Udepur||Chhota Udepur|
GUJCET 2020 Reservation Of Seats
The reservation criteria for GUJCET 2020 are as under:
|Physically Disabled Category||3%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes||27%|
|Children of Ex-Servicemen and Defense Personnel||1%|
|Unreserved Economically Weaker Section||10%|
GUJCET 2020 Exam Pattern
GUJCET is an offline exam and has two papers. Each question in GUJCET carries 1 mark and for each wrong answer, there is a negative marking of 0.25. The detailed exam pattern and marking scheme for GUJCET 2020 is tabulated below:
|Sections||Total Number Of Questions/Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper 1: Physics & Chemistry||80/80||120 minutes|
|Paper 2: Mathematics||40/40||60 minutes|
GUJCET Syllabus 2020
You can check the detailed syllabus of Gujarat CET 2020 below:
GUJCET Syllabus For Physics
|1||Dual Nature of Radiation & Matte|
|7||Magnetism & Matter|
|8||Electric Charge & Electric Field|
|9||Electrostatic Potential & Capacitance|
|13||Magnetic Effect of Electric Current|
GUJCET Syllabus For Chemistry
|1||Complex Salts or Co-ordination Compound|
|3||Phenols and Ethers|
|4||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|5||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|8||f Block Elements|
|13||P-Block Elements – II|
|15||Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|16||Halo Alkanes and Halo Arenes|
|17||General Principles & Processes of Isolation of Elements|
GUJCET Syllabus For Mathematics
|1||Sets, Relations & Functions|
|5||Permutation & Combination|
|6||Three Dimensional Geometry|
NOTE: You can refer to the detailed GUJCET 2020 Syllabus.
GUJCET 2020 Admit Card
GSEB will release the GUJCET admit card on the official website. Applicants can download the admit card in online mode. The admit card will not be available to applicants in offline mode. Applicants are advised to retain their GUJCET hall ticket till the end of the admission process. The hall ticket will have the necessary details of the applicants, including their test centre and timings for GUJCET 2020.
GUJCET 2020 Cut Off
The cut off of GUJCET will be released by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) through its official website. Once the exam authorities released the cut-off, you will get to know the same on this page. GUJCET Cut Off is the minimum marks required to get qualified for the further round of the admission process. Opening and closing ranks will be mentioned in the cut off list.
The GUJCET 2020 Cutoff is decided by considering so many factors as under:
- Difficulty level of GUJCET 2020
- Total number of questions asked.
- The total number of appeared candidates .
- The number of seats in a particular course in the particular institute.
GUJCET 2020 Answer Key
After the conclusion of the examination, the exam officials will release the answer key of GUJCET on the official website. Initially, the preliminary answer key will be published. Candidates will be able to challenge this answer key within certain time period. After considering all objections / challenges, the final answer key of GUJCET will be issued by the exam authorities.
GUJCET Result 2020
The result of GUJCET will be published in online mode on the official website only. Once the result is published, you will get the direct link to check your GUJCET 2020 result in this article. On the basis of the result, the exam official will prepare the GUJCET merit list 2020. Follow the steps below to check the GUJCET result:
- – 1st Step: Go to the official website – gujcet.gseb.org
- – 2nd Step: Hit the “GUJCET Result 2020 Engineering or Medical” link.
- – 3rd Step: Enter the Roll Number and Date of Birth
- – 4th Step: Click on the “Submit” button.
- – 5th Step: GUJCET result will appear on the screen.
- – 6th Step: Save it and you may take a printout of the same.
GUJCET 2020 Counselling
ACPC will invite the qualified candidates to appear for GUJCET counselling and seat allotment process based on the merit list. Candidates should register themselves to participate in the counselling process. They should visit any nearest Kotak Mahindra Bank branch and buy the GUJCET booklet and 14 digit PIN Number.
GUJCET 2020 Counselling Procedures:
The following are the steps to be followed in the counselling and seat allotment process of GUJCET 2020:
- – 1st Step: Registration For Counselling
- – 2nd Step: Documents Verification
- – 3rd Step: Choice Filling
- – 4th Step: Seat Allotment (Online)
- – 5th Step: Payment of Tuition Fee
- – 6th Step: Downloading of Provisional Admission letter
- – 7th Step: Reporting to the allocated college/institute with the required certificated/documents
GUJCET 2020 Contact Details
You can contact the below authority in case of any query related to GUJCET 2020 Exam:
Address: Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board, Sector 10, Near Old Sachivalaya, Gandhinagar – 382043
Phone: (079) 23220538
Now you have all the details about GUJCET 2020. We hope you make it through the examination. Start your preparation right away so you are completely ready by the time of the exam. Preparing right from the beginning saves you from last-minute confusion. Practice as many mock test papers as you can. You can take the GUJCET Mock Test on Embibe to get a clear idea of the question pattern and difficulty level of GUJCET.
If you have any questions regarding GUJCET 2020 Notification, let us know your queries in the comment section below and we will get back to you at the earliest.793 Views