JEECE 2020 – The application process for JEECE 2020 has begun from June 12,2020. Candidates who are seeking admission through JEECE 2020 can submit the application form latest by 03 July, 2020. Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB) conducts Jharkhand Engineering Entrance Competitive Examination (JEECE) every year for offering admission to B.Tech and B.E programs offered by various governments, private engineering institutions and colleges located in the state of Jharkhand.
However, candidates must note that from now onward, the admission will be done on the basis of JEE Main score, there will be entrance test conducted only for two courses – B.Tech Dairy Technology and Agriculture Engineering. Before applying for JEECE 2020, candidates must know about the important details of the exam such as application process, important dates, eligibility criteria, selection process, exam pattern, results, counselling, and more.
JEECE 2020 – Quick Overview
|Name of the Examination||Jharkhand Engineering Entrance Competitive Examination|
|Commonly known as||JEECE|
|Conducting body||Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB)|
|Type of Exam||Undergraduate|
|Course offered||B.Tech and B.E|
|Basis of admission||JEE Main score|
JEECE 2020 Important Dates
The conducting body has not announced the schedule of JEECE 2020 yet; however, based on last year’s admission schedule, candidates can check the tentative important dates of JEECE 2020 in the table below:
JEECE Important Dates 2020
|Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Starting of Online application form||June 12, 2020|
|Last date of application submission||July 03, 2020|
|Starting of counselling process||August, 2020|
JEECE Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates seeking admission to UG level engineering programs through JEECE exam should firstly check the eligibility criteria. Only after checking the eligibility criteria candidates should proceed to fill up the application form. The examination conducting body has already prescribed the eligibility criteria of JEECE 2020 which the candidates can check below here:
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Domicile: The candidate must be a permanent or local domicile of Jharkhand state.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should be passed in 10+2 level or its equivalent exam from Jharkhand state Board or any other recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidates must have passed with the compulsory subjects of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry in their qualifying exam.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate belonging to general category must have passed with minimum marks of 45% and reserved category candidates should have obtained 40% in their qualifying exam.
- Age Criteria: No upper or lower age limit is prescribed for JEECE 2020.
JEECE 2020 Application Form
Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board has started the application process for JEECE 2020 in online mode from June 12, 2020. The last date to fill applications are July 03, 2020. Candidates must check the complete eligibility criteria and information brochure available online before filling the application form. In order to fill the application form of JEECE 2020, candidates need to follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Firstly, candidates have to visit the official website of conducting body and select the option for filling the application form of JEECE 2020.
Step 2: Candidates have to complete the registration process and fill the application form by providing required details such as personal detail, educational qualification detail, JEE Main 2020 exam detail, and contact detail.
Step 3: Candidates will have to now upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression.
Step 4: In the last, candidates need to pay the application fee of the exam using online modes of payment such as debit card, credit card or net banking method.
JEECE 2020 Application Fee
The candidates will have to pay a non-refundable application fee of JEECE 2020 for B.E/B.Tech programmes as per the fee details given below:
|General/BC-I/BC-II candidates||Rs. 900|
|ST/SC/Female candidates||Rs. 450|
JEECE Exam Pattern 2020
JCECEB has prescribed the exam pattern of JEECE 2020 for the aspirants preparing to appear in the entrance exam. Candidates can check the exam pattern of JEECE 2020 below.
Exam Mode: JEECE 2020 entrance test will be conducted in online CBT mode
Type of Questions: The exam question paper will be objective type
Total Number of Questions: The question paper will contain a total of 150 questions. Each of section will contain 50 questions
Total Marks: The question paper will be of total 150 marks
Language Medium: The question will be asked in both English and Hindi Language
Time Duration: candidates will be given total 3 hours to complete the exam
Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, candidates will be awarded 1 mark and -¼ will be deducted for every wrong answer
Mark Distribution: Candidates can check the subject wise distribution of questions and marks in the table below:
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Total||150 questions||150 marks|
JEECE 2020 Syllabus
Candidates preparing for JEECE need to firstly check the syllabus of the exam. As per the notification released by CBSE, there will be a common syllabus for the entrance test for Class 12th. The syllabus of JEECE 2020 contains various topics from Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. Candidates can check the complete JEECE syllabus 2020 in the table below.
|Mathematics||Relations and Functions,|
Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry,
Sequence & Series,
Application of Derivatives,
Linear Programming and Probability
General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements,
“d” and “f” Block Elements,
Haloalkanes and Haloarenes,
Phenols and Ethers,
Ketones and Carboxylic Acids,
Organic compounds containing Nitrogen,
Polymers and Chemistry in Everyday life
Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism,
Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current,
Dual Nature of Matter,
Atom & Nuclei,
Electronic Devices and Communication Systems
JEECE 2020 Preparation Tips
In order to prepare for the JEECE 2020 in proper way, candidates should follow the below given preparation tips:
- Firstly, know the syllabus of JEECE 2020 exam and then make a time table as per your timing.
- Gather notes and best preferred books (suggested by subject experts) which cover entire syllabus and also practice the sample papers.
- For more practice and being familiar with the question trend, you can solve past years question papers and sample papers.
- Note each and every important concept, formulas and points.
- Practice mock test on the official website of the conducting body on daily basis to analyse your performance.
- Take care of your health, eat healthy foods and sleep 7 to 8 hrs every day.
JEECE 2020 Answer Key
Answer Key of JEECE 2020 will be released by JCECEB after the successful conduction of the entrance exam. Candidates who are going to take up JEECE exam in 2020 can check the answer key on the official website. With the help of JEECE answer key 2020, candidates can estimate the marks they can score in the exam. Once the answer key gets released, candidates need to check the same and if they find out any discrepancy in the same, they can complaint again it under the given timeline. Only the JEECE official answer key will be considered. Answer Key will be in the PDF format.
JEECE Result 2020
After releasing the answer key of the exam, the exam conducting body will declare the JEECE 2020 result. Candidates can check the same on the official website of JCECEB. Candidates should note that the JEECE result card will not be sent by post. Candidates can check and download their scorecard/rank card by entering their roll number or application number. After the results announcement of JEECE 2020, the conducting board will prepare and publish a common and category wise merit list on its website.
JEECE 2020 Merit List
After the declaration of JEECE result 2020, a merit list will be published on the official website. The board will prepare a combined and a category-wise JEECE merit list for seat allotment. In addition to that, the candidates will be arranged in the list on the basis of their JEECE 2019 Scores.
Tie Breaker Criteria
In case of more than one candidate scores the same marks then the following tie-breaking criteria will be followed:
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Mathematics in the Examination
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Physics in the Examination
- Candidates older in age
- As per English alphabetical order of First Name
JEECE 2020 Counselling
After the release of the merit list, the conducting board will shortlist the eligible for admission to B.Tech and B.E programs through JEECE counselling process. The counselling process will be conducted in online mode by the board on its website. The JEECE 2020 counselling process is expected to start from the first week of August, 2020. The counselling will be organized in two rounds.
As per merit order, the selected candidates have to choose their preferred course. If the seat remains vacant after the first round of JEECE counselling, the second round of counselling will be conducted. Candidates will have to submit the required documents for verification process at the time of counselling process.
JEECE 2020 Counselling – Required Documents
The candidates will have to bring the following document for verification process at the time of counselling.
- Admit Card of Jharkhand Engineering Entrance Competitive Examination-2020 (if ADMIT CARD is lost then the copy of F.I.R. in this regard).
- Admit Card, Marks Sheet, Passing Certificate (Original I Provisional) of I.Sc. /10+2 (Equivalent Examination).
- Admit Card, Marks Sheet, Passing Certificate (Original/Provisional) of Matric /10th (Equivalent Examination).
- Caste Certificate.
- Dependency certificate issued by competent Army Officer (for serving Army Personnel/Officer) or Dependency certificate issued by District Soldier Board (for Ex-Servicemen) – who are claiming seat under SMQ Quota.
- Disability Certificate issued by the Medical Superintendent/CMO/Head of Hospital.
- Discharge Certificate (if applicable) I Pension Book. – who are claiming seat under SMQ Quota.
- Income Certificate who are claiming seat under TFW Quota.
- Local Resident Certificate.
- One passport size photograph (the same negative of photograph uploaded at the time of filling the application form).
JEECE 2020 Counselling Fee
The candidates will have to pay the counselling fee as per the fee details given below:
- For General/OBC-A/OBC-II- Rs 400
- For SC/ST and Female- Rs 250
JEECE 2020: Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Question: Is it true that there will be no entrance exam for JEECE?
Answer: Yes, it is true that there will be no entrance exam for JEECE, admission will be done on the basis of JEE Main score
Question: Who will conduct JEECE 2020?
Answer: Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB) is the official body to conduct JEECE.
Question: What is the Eligibility Criteria of JEECE 2020?
Answer: Candidates who are passed in class 12th or equivalent from a recognized board with PCM as main subject are eligible to apply for the exam. Candidates who are appearing in the final year of their qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
Question: When will the application process for JEECE 2020 start?
Answer: The online mode application process will start from the first week of April, 2020, tentatively.
Question: How many rounds will be held for JEECE counselling 2020?
Answer: The Counselling process will be conducted in two rounds. If the seat remains vacant after the first round of JEECE counselling, the second round of counselling will be conducted.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for latest updates on JEECE 2020745 Views