SRMJEEE 2020: As per the latest announcement, SRM Institute of Science & Technology has cancelled the SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Exam (SRMJEEE) 2020. This decision was taken by the officials after analyzing the current COVID-19 outbreak in the country. The admissions will be conducted on the basis of the marks scored in class 12, Pre-University, or Equivalent. For getting a seat in B.Tech courses, the marks scored by students in their class 12 Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics will be acknowledged.
SRMJEEE online application has been extended till July 15. As there will not be any exam conducted, the SRMJEEE 2020 Slot Booking and admit card will not be released. In this article, we will be listing out the eligibility criteria, revised admission process and how to fill your SRMJEEE 2020 application forms. Continue reading this article to know more.
SRMJEEE 2020 has been cancelled. Admission will take place on the basis of the 10+2, pre-university or equivalent marks scored by the students in their PCM/PCB.
SRMJEEE 2020 Exam
Before we get into the details of SRMJEEE 2020, let’s have a quick overview of the exam:
|Name of the Exam||SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Exam (SRMJEEE 2020)|
|Conducting Body||SRM Institute of Science And Technology|
|Type of Exam||National Level|
|Frequency||Annual (once in a year)|
|Mode of Application||Online & Offline|
|Category of Exam||Undergraduate Level|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Type of Questions||MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)|
SRMJEEE 2020 Exam Dates
You can find the revised events related to SRMJEEE 2020 from the below table. This will help you track the events:
|Starting of SRMJEEE Application Process||October 12, 2019|
|Last Date to Apply Online for SRMJEEE 2020||July 15, 2020 (Extended)|
|Last Date to submit the offline application form||July 15, 2020 (Extended)|
|Commencement of Slot Booking Process||Cancelled|
|Release of SRMJEEE Admit Card||Cancelled|
|SRMJEEE Exam Date|
|SRMJEEE 2020 Counselling||To Be Announced|
|On-Campus Enrollment||To Be Announced|
|Commencement of Classes||To Be Announced|
What Is SRMJEEE?
SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Exam (SRMJEEE) is a national level exam conducted by SRM Institute of Science and Technology (SRMIST) (formerly known as SRM University) for admissions into various branches of B. E / B. Tech and other courses.
SRMJEEE is an entrance exam conducted every year for the admissions in all the campuses of SRMIST namely, Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, Vadapalani, SRM – AP, Amaravathi and SRM – Haryana, Sonepat.
Please note that the SRMJEEE 2020 exam has been cancelled in light of the challenges posed by COVID-19. Admissions will be done on the basis of 10+2 or pre-university marks scored by the candidates.
SRMJEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the exam, candidates go through the detailed SRMJEEE eligibility criteria. It is mandatory to meet all the required eligibility criteria to get admissions in SRMIST. If the candidature is found to ineligible his/ her candidature will be cancelled.
The SRMJEEE 2020 eligibility criteria are as follows:
SRMJEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria – Nationality
Indians, Non-Resident Indians, and Holders of PIO and OCI Cards Issued by the Government of India.
SRMJEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria – Age
Candidates should be at least 16 years old and the maximum age limit is 21 years as on 31st July 2020.
SRMJEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria – Educational Qualification
- Passed Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) or appearing for Higher Secondary Examination in the current academic year with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology / Botany & Zoology / Biotechnology as major subjects (full-time stream) from any state board, CBSE, ISCE, Matriculation or NIOS.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with Diploma or an A – level with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology/ Botany& Zoology/ Biotechnology as major subjects in an international school.
- Candidates who have completed both 10th and 12th from NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) is not eligible for the exam.
Note: The candidate who has not studied Mathematics as a main subject in 11th and 12th is only eligible for B.Tech in Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Genetic Engineering programs and also some relevant programs in health sciences.
SRMJEEE 2020 Direct Admission Criteria
In order to encourage and support students of exemplary talent, SRM offers direct admission and scholarships. The eligibility criteria for direct admission is given below:
- First rank students of all state and central boards in India
- Top 1000 rankers in IIT-JEE
- Top rankers in each district of Tamil Nadu
- Exemplary sportsperson at National and International level
SRMJEEE 2020 Registration and Application Process
Candidates can apply for the exam in both online and offline mode. Before applying for SRMJEEE 2020, candidates must be ready with the following documents/ requirements:
- A valid & active ‘Mobile Number’
- An active ‘Email ID’
- Scanned copy of Photograph (file size less than 1 MB)
- A Scanned copy of Signature (file size less than 1 MB)
Candidates can apply for the SRMJEEE 2020 by following 5 simple steps which are listed as follows:
- Register Yourself
- Verify Your Account using your Email ID
- Fill in the Application Form with your Personal, Educational and other details
- Pay the application Fees
- Upload your photo and signature
Refer to the image given below to check the steps to apply for SRMJEEE 2020 online.
Steps to Apply For SRMJEEE Admission 2020 – Online Mode
The detailed procedure for online application (as per the previous year notification) is as follows:
- – 1st Step: Registration: Visit the official site (applications.srmuniv.ac.in) and register your self by entering your Name, Email ID, Phone Number, State, and City.
- – 2nd Step: After successful registration, a unique ID and Password will be sent to your registered email ID and phone number. (Note: Provide a valid email ID and phone number as it is very necessary for you to log in and also for future purposes. You will not be permitted to change your email ID once registered).
- – 3rd Step: Log in using the User ID and Password sent to your email and phone number.
- – 4th Step: Enter other details like personal information, educational qualification, etc. and fill up the SRMJEEE 2020 application form.
- – 5th Step: Choose an e-payment option and pay the applicable fees.
- – 6th Step: Upload the scanned documents like photos, signature etc.
- – 7th Step: After completion of all the process click on “Submit”
- – 8th Step: Take the printout of the application form for future reference.
Steps to Apply for SRMJEEE 2020 – Offline Mode
The detailed procedure for offline application (as per the previous year notification) is as follows:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website (applications.srmuniv.ac.in).
- – 2nd Step: Download the application form and take a few printouts.
- – 3rd Step: Use a black ballpoint pen and fill the application form as per the instructions.
- – 4th Step: The Application form is a Computerised OMR form; so, you need to darken the appropriate circles very carefully.
- – 5th Step: Fill in your personal details, qualification details, etc. Paste your photo, sign at the space provided legibly. Likewise, fill in all the applicable credentials compulsorily.
- – 6th Step: After filling the SRMJEEE 2020 application form, take a few photocopies of this form for future reference.
- – 7th Step: The original application form with a DD of Rs.1100/- (Bank charges may apply) in favour of SRMIST has to be sent to the specified address of SRM Institute of Science and Technology before the last date of submission. Candidate must write their name and address on the reverse of the DD.
- – 8th Step: You will be updated regarding the status of your application through email from the SRM Institute of Science and Technology.
Note: You can also complete the application process online without online payment and pay using DD through offline mode. For this, you need to take the print out of the online filled application and send to SRM college with DD attached to it. Without DD, the application will not be accepted.
SRMJEEE Application Fee
The application will be processed only after the successful payment of the application fees. Please note that the SRMJEEE 2020 application fee is non-refundable. You can find the fees from below:
|Online application fees||₹ 1100/-|
|Offline application fees||₹ 1160/-|
As the SRMJEEE 2020 exam will not be conducted this year, we have kept the sections of exam pattern, syllabus and slot booking at the last so that we can give you the most precise and latest information related to the current academic year.
SRMJEEE Counselling 2020
After the announcement of SRMJEEE 2020 been cancelled this year, candidates will be invited for SRMJEEE counselling based on their Class 10+2 / Pre-University or equivalent marks in PCM / PCB. The candidate can choose the preferred specialization or branch of study in a particular campus based on the score obtained, seat availability and fulfilling the program-specific eligibility criteria. Candidate needs to pay the full tuition fees and other applicable fees at the time of counselling.
Provisional Allotment Letter (PAL) will be issued to the candidate after the completion of counselling to confirm the candidate’s admission.
SRMJEEE 2020 – Important Links
Check the SRMJEEE 2020 Important Links from the table below:
|SRMJEEE 2020 Online Application Link (BE/ BTech)||Click Here|
|SRMJEEE 2020 BE / BTech Notification PDF||Click Here|
|List of Exam Centres PDF||Click Here|
|List of Programmes Offered by SRMIST||Click Here|
|List of Post Offices (for fee payment through offline mode)||Click Here|
|SRMJEEE Exam Pattern & Syllabus PDF||Click Here|
SRMJEEE 2020 – Contact Details
In case of any queries candidates, can contact SRM Institute of Science and Technology. The contact details are given below:
Helpline: +91 (044) 27455510, 47437500 (Monday – Saturday (except public holidays) 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM)
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For quick responses, candidates can also use the SRM Query Management System (SRM-QMS). Register for SRM-QMS and verify your ID on your dashboard. Select the query category to submit for a quick response.
Important Note: The SRMJEEE 2020 entrance test will not be conducted. However, candidates who want to appear for SRMJEEE 2021 can know its exam pattern, syllabus, slot booking and admit card procedures from below.
SRMJEEE Exam Pattern 2020
SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Exam is an online computer-based test and the SRMJEEE exam pattern is as follows:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Mathematics / Biology||40||40|
- For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded.
- NO Negative Marking
- The total time duration is 2 hours 30 minutes.
- All the questions are of MCQ type with four options available to choose a correct one.
- The exam will only be in English medium.
- SRMJEEE 2020 will be a Computer Based Test (CBT)
SRMJEEE 2020 Syllabus
Check the detailed SRMJEEE 2020 syllabus PDF for all subjects from the table below.
|Subjects/ Sections||SRMJEEE 2020 Syllabus Download Links|
SRMJEEE 2020 Slot Booking and Admit Card
- SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card will be issued online on the official website only after the completion of the successful slot booking process.
- The slot booking is expected to start from July 3rd week 2020 and is based on a first come first serve basis. The slot booking is done online on the official website.
- Candidates have to book their slots keeping in mind the number of slots available at the selected exam centre on that date and time. Candidates who don’t book their slots will be allocated a slot at the discretion of the university.
- SRMJEEE Hall Ticket / Admit Card will be issued as soon as you book your slot.
SRMJEEE 2020 Results
SRMJEEE 2020 results will be announced by August 1st week. The results will be announced online on the official website of SRM Exam. Moreover, the SRMJEEE 2020 Counselling details will also be available on the same day. Candidates can check their All India Rank In SRMJEEE in the result. A merit list will be prepared based on the marks scored by the candidate.
Important FAQs Related To SRMJEEE 2020
You can go through the frequently asked questions asked on SRMJEEE 2020 below:
Ans: SRMJEEE Applications are available in an offline and online format both. You can visit the official website at application.srmuniv.ac.in. Moreover, the application form will be required details like Name, Educational qualification, DOB etc. The last date of filling the SRMJEEE application form is July 15, 2020.
Ans: The SRMJEE 2020 examination which was scheduled to be conducted from July 30 to August 4 has been cancelled this year. This decision was taken after analyzing the current COVID-19 situation in the country as well as following the safety precautions needed at this time.
Ans: SRM Kattankulthar, Chennai is known as the main campus of SRM University.
Ans: SRMJEEE is an entrance exam for securing admissions into various courses at SRM University. The abbreviation stands for SRM Joint Entrance Exam. Candidates interested in admissions for various courses can attempt this exam.
Ans: No, the SRMJEEE exam doesn’t have any negative marking criteria under the exam pattern.
Ans: Usually, aspirants are invited to attend SRMJEEE counselling on the basis of their scores in the entrance test. However, SRMJEEE 2020 exam has been cancelled this year. Admissions will be done on the basis of 10+2 and pre-university scores.
Now that you know everything regarding SRMJEEE 2020. We hope you have gone through the article and now have an excellent understanding of SRMJEEE 2020.
If you have any questions regarding the exam and counselling procedure, then feel free to ask them out in the comment sections below. We will surely help you out. Embibe wishes you good luck and hopefully, you can land on your dream college.209 Views