UPSEE 2020 Exam Date: Abdul Kalam Technical University has rescheduled the UPSEE 2020 exam dates to September 20, 2020. This decision was taken as a safety measure against the challenges posed by COVID-19. Previously UPSEE 2020 Exam was scheduled on August 2, 2020. The last date to register and fill UPSEE application form was May 31, 2020. AKTU has given the facility to change their preferred exam cities to the candidates till July 26, 2020. This will help the candidates to take the UPSEE 2020 exam from the respective cities they have moved on before or after the lockdown. UPSEE 2020 AKTU/UPTU Admit Card will be tentatively available from the last week of August or First Week of September on the official website of UPSEE.
Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE) is a state-level entrance exam conducted every year for admission to undergraduate engineering courses as well as other UG and PG courses in various colleges of Uttar Pradesh (UP). If you are looking for the latest and updated information on UPSEE 2020 exam as well as pattern, syllabus, admit card, important dates, etc., then this article is here for you. This article on UPSEE 2020 Exam Date, has all the necessary details regarding the same.
- – (i). UPSEE 2020 exam has been rescheduled to September 20, 2020.
- – (ii). UPSEE 2020 correction window was opened till July 26, 2020. The authorities have allowed the candidates to change their exam cities.
UPSEE 2020: Overview
Before we get into the details of UPSEE 2020, let us have a quick overview of UPSEE 2020:
|Name of the Exam||Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam – UPSEE 2020|
|Conducting Authority||Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU)|
|Purpose of the Exam||Admission to Engineering, Other UG & PG Courses|
|Exam Frequency||Once a Year|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Number of Subjects (for Engineering)||Three|
|Total Number of Questions||150|
|Time Duration||3 Hours|
UPSEE 2020 Exam Dates
The important dates for the exam are as under:
|Online Registration||27th Jan 2020 – 15th May 2020|
|Application Form Correction Window – I||18th Mar 2020 – 18th May 2020|
|Application Form Correction Window – II||20th Mar 2020 (2:00 PM) – 26th May 2020 (11:59 PM)|
|Availability of Admit Card||First Week of September (Tentative)|
|UPSEE 2020 Exam Date||20th September 2020|
|Declaration of Result||To Be Notified|
|UPSEE Counselling||To Be Notified|
As the UPSEE 2020 application dates are already over, we have listed the exam pattern, syllabus and the latest exam events in the next section. If you want to take a look at the UPSEE 2020 eligibility criteria and how to apply sections, kindly scroll down at the last.
UPSEE 2020 Exam Pattern
The UPSEE exam pattern for engineering aspirants is tabulated below:
|Subjects||Number of Questions / Maximum Marks|
|Physics||50 / 200|
|Chemistry||50 / 200|
|Mathematics/Biology||50 / 200|
|Total||150 Questions / 600 Maximum Marks|
Note the following points about the exam pattern:
- The exam will be conducted in the offline mode.
- All the questions will be of objective type (Multiple Choice Questions).
- Each question carries 4 marks.
- There is no negative marking in UPSEE 2020.
- The total time duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- The exam will be conducted in English and Hindi.
UPSEE 2020 Syllabus
The UPSEE syllabus for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are as under:
UPSEE 2020 Syllabus For Physics
The different chapters included in UPSEE Physics syllabus are as under:
- Motion in One Dimension
- Laws of Motion
- Motion in Two Dimensions
- Work, Power, and Energy
- Linear Momentum and Collisions
- Rotation of a Rigid Body about a Fixed Axis
- Oscillatory Motion
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Magnetism in Matter
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Ray Optics and Optical Instruments
- Wave Optics
- Modern Physics
UPSEE 2020 Syllabus For Chemistry
The different chapters included in UPSEE Chemistry syllabus are as under:
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding
- Redox Reactions
- Chemical Equilibrium and Kinetics
- Acid-Base Concepts
- Colligative Properties of Solutions
- Periodic Table
- Preparation and Properties of the following: Hydrogen peroxide. copper sulfate, silver nitrate, plaster of Paris, borax, Mohr’s salt, alums, white and red lead, microcosmic salt and bleaching powder, sodium thiosulfate
- General Organic Chemistry
- IUPAC Nomenclature
- Preparation and Properties Of the Followings: Hydrocarbons, monohydric alcohols, aldehydes, ketones, monocarboxylic acids, primary amines, benzene, nitrobenzene, aniline, phenol, benzaldehyde, benzoic acid, Grignard Reagent
- Solid State
UPSEE 2020 Syllabus For Mathematics
The different chapters included in UPSEE Mathematics syllabus are as under:
- Coordinate Geometry
UPSEE 2020 Syllabus For Biology
The different chapters included in UPSEE Mathematics syllabus are as under:
- Origin of Life
- Organic Evolution
- Mechanism of Organic Evolution
- Human Genetics and Eugenics
- Applied Biology
- Mammalian Anatomy
- Animal Physiology – Nutrition, Excretion, Respiratory System, Nervous System, Endocrine System, Circulatory System, Animal Diversity
- Detailed Study of Protozoa, Porifera, Coelenterata, Aschelminthes, Annelida, Arthropoda
- Comparison between Periplaneta and Blatta
- Plant Cell
- Seeds in Angiospermic Plants
- Cell Differentiation Plant Tissue
- Anatomy of Root, Stem, and Leaf
- Important Phylums – Algae, Fungi, Pteridophyta
- Classification of Angiosperm
UPSEE 2020 AKTU/UPTU Admit Card
AKTU will release the UPSEE Admit Card on its official website. Candidates will have to log in with their Application Number and Password in order to download their admit card. The UPSEE admit card is an essential document that candidates must preserve till the admission process gets over. It will have all the important information about the candidate and the exam mentioned in it, including the exam centre. Without the admit card, candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall.
Although candidates will be able to download the admit card; but they shouldn’t wait until the last moment to download their admit card.
UPSEE 2020 Cutoff
The UPSEE 2020 Cutoff is the minimum marks needed for getting admission to AKTU. In order to qualify in the exam, candidates must secure a minimum qualifying cut off marks. The UPSEE 2020 qualifying cutoff will be issued to let the candidates understand the minimum marks to be obtained to participate in the counselling process. The final admission cutoff will be released after completion of each round of counselling.
Minimum UPSEE 2020 Qualifying Cutoff (Category-wise)
UPSEE 2020 Result & Merit List
AKTU will declare the UPSEE 2020 result on its official website. In order to check their result and download their UPSEE scorecard, candidates need to log in with their Application Number and Password. The UPSEE scorecard will contain the total marks secured by the candidate, marks secured in each subject, qualifying status, and merit position.
Based on the marks secured by the candidates, AKTU will prepare a UPSEE 2020 merit list. In case, two or more students obtain the same score, the ranks of the candidates will be determined as follows:
- The candidate who has a lesser number of incorrect/wrong attempts will be given preference.
- If the tie still remains, the candidate with a higher score in Mathematics will be given preference.
- If the tie still persists, the candidate with a higher score in Physics will be given preference.
- Next, the older candidate will be placed at higher merit.
- Lastly, the candidate with the lowest Application Number will be given preference.
UPSEE 2020 Counselling
UPSEE counselling dates are not announced yet. Candidates must check the official website regularly to know the counselling dates and procedures. Allotment of seats will be based on the candidates’ preference, merit, and availability. The exam officials will start the registration process for all-round of UPSEE 2020 counselling in online mode only.
Candidates will be given a chance to choose their choices as per their preference. During the counselling of UPSEE 2020, they have to fill choice and lock the seats. Also, the candidates should verify their certificated / documents. The exam officials will conduct four rounds along with two spot rounds.
If you want to appear for UPSEE 2021 (next year), you can check the UPSEE eligibility criteria, which is quite mandatory to apply for the exam.
UPSEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Based on the UPSEE 2020 notification, the UPSEE eligibility criteria for admission to first year B.Tech. are given below:
There is no age limit to appear for the exam.
For admission to B.Tech. courses, candidates must have:
- Passed Class 12 or equivalent examination from a recognized Board/University.
- Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects (Physics and Mathematics or Biology for B.Tech. in Biotechnology) and any one of Chemistry/ Bio-Technology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject (Chemistry/ Bio-Technology / Technical Vocational subject for B.Tech. in Biotechnology) in their Class 12 (or equivalent) examination.
- Secured a minimum of 45 percent (40 percent for candidates belonging to SC/ST categories) in aggregate in the three subjects required.
Candidates must be of Indian nationality. NRI, FN, PIO candidates are also eligible.
Note: No private colleges in Uttar Pradesh are allowed to give admission in more than 25 percent of the seats available in it to students from other states.
UPSEE 2020 Application Form
Eligible candidates can follow the steps as under to apply for UPSEE 2020:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of UPSEE – upsee.nic.in and click on the link provided to apply for UPSEE 2020 for admission to B.Tech. (or any other) courses.
- Under “New Candidate Registration”, click on “Apply”. Make sure the box against “Application Form” says “Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination For UG, MCA(Integrated) & MBA (Integrated) Course – 2020”.
- Read the instructions carefully and check the box against the declaration statement.
- Click on “Click here to proceed”.
- Enter your Personal and Contact Details (Name, Parents’ Names, Identity Card Number, Postal Address, Valid Email ID, and Phone Number), set up your security question and password.
- Enter the security pin and submit your registration form. A unique Application Number will be generated for you. Note that down.
Step 2: Filling Up Of Online Application
- Use your Application Number (generated by the system after registration) and Password to login to your account.
- Enter other details, like domicile of your parents, state from which you passed/appeared for the qualifying examination, subjects, details about the exam, like the paper you are applying for and preferred exam city, etc.
- Verify all the details and submit your application form.
Step 3: Uploading Scanned Images
- Upload scanned images of your Photograph and Signature in the prescribed format.
- b. If the uploaded images are clear, click on the “Save” button and move on to the next step.
Step 4: Payment Of Application Fees
- UPSEE application fee can be paid only in the online mode through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
- Choose the mode of payment and pay the application fee.
- Upon successful payment, a Transaction Number will be generated. Note it down.
- Click on the link provided to download the “Confirmation Page” and download it for future reference.
Requirements Of Photograph & Signature
The specifications for Photograph and Signature to be uploaded at the time of filling the application form are as under:
- The photograph should be a recent color photo in passport size (3.5 cm X 4.5 cm),
- The background should be of light color, preferably white,
- The scanned image should be of the JPEG format,
- The size of the file shouldn’t exceed 100 kb.
- The signature should be clear on a white paper (3.5 cm X 1.5 cm),
- The scanned image should be in JPEG format,
- The size of the image file shouldn’t exceed 30 kb.
UPSEE 2020 Application Fees
The UPSEE application form fee for all categories are tabulated below:
|Category||UPSEE 2020 Application Fee|
|Male/Transgender candidates belonging to General and OBC category||Rs 1300|
|All SC/ST candidates as well as Female/ Physically Handicapped candidates of all categories||Rs 650|
Important FAQs Related To UPSEE 2020
In this section, we will take a look at some of the important frequently asked questions by the aspirants on UPSEE 2020.
Ans: After UPSEE exam got rescheduled a couple of times due to the ongoing situation of COVID-19, it’ll be conducted on September 20, 2020.
Ans: There are no criteria of age limit for UPSEE 2020.
Ans: Yes, you can check your UPSEE result only on the official website at upsee.nic.in.
Ans: No, there is not any type of negative marking for incorrect answers in the UPSEE 2020.
Ans: Based on the marks scored by the aspirant in UPSEE 2020 exam, a merit list will be prepared. Then, accordingly, the candidates will be called for UPSEE 2020 counselling. Once the candidates are through the complete process of college choice locking, results will be declared. Candidates will then have to pay the respective fee and their admission seats will be locked.
Ans: UPSEE correction window for change in exam cities was available from July 20 to July 26, 2020.
With just a few days left for the UPSEE 2020 exam, candidates must focus on their preparation. To get a seat in one of the top engineering colleges in Uttar Pradesh, candidates must secure a high score. This is possible only when you finish the entire syllabus thoroughly and practice a sufficient number of UPSEE practice questions. Also, you must take UPSEE mock tests on a regular basis, analyze your performance, and work on your weaknesses. All of these are available for free. Practice these questions and take the mock tests. You will definitely ace the exam.
Now that you know everything about UPSEE 2020, we hope that this detailed article has proved to be helpful for you. If you have any queries, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.
Stay tuned at embibe.com for the latest news and updates on UPSEE 2020.58 Views