CBSE NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science Chapter 15: The detailed Class 10 NCERT Solutions for this chapter, Our Environment, are provided in this article. All the NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 15 provided in this article are solved by top experts at Embibe. Science is one of the scoring subjects in CBSE Class 10 and Our Environment is one of the important chapters. It is, therefore, crucial that you finish this chapter and solve all the questions.
With the help of these NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 15, students can easily solve their assignments and ace good scores in the Class 1o board exam. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information regarding NCERT Class 10 Science book activities & solutions for Chapter 15. Read on to find out everything about the chapter, Our Environment.
CBSE NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science Chapter 15: Our Environment
The list of topics and sub-topics covered in Class 10 Science 15 (Our Environment) is as under:
|15.1||What happens when we add our waste to the Environment?|
|15.2||Eco-System – What are its Components?|
|15.2.1||Food chains and webs|
|15.3||How do our activities affect the environment?|
|15.3.1||Ozone layer and how it is getting depleted|
|15.3.2||Managing the Garbage we Produce|
NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science Chapter 10 PDF
Check out the CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 15 solutions here. You can also download the PDF for free from the link given below.
CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 15: Chapter Summary
The environment is the surrounding in which human beings, animals, and plants live with the intent of survival. Plants have been the producers of food on which human beings and other living organisms depend. Some animals also depend on plants for shelter.
The survival of living beings is largely dependent on the environment which is fit for survival. In order to achieve a vibrant environment, we humans must take the utmost care to prevent pollution in every way possible. The depletion of the ozone layer or the loss of habitat will indeed affect the survival of living organisms.
Our Environment Important Questions
Some of the important chapters from this chapter are as under:
Our Environment – Short Answer Questions
- Why is improper disposal of waste a curse to the environment?
- Write the common food chain of a pond ecosystem.
- What are the advantages of cloth bags over plastic bags during shopping?
- Why are crop fields known as artificial ecosystems?
- Differentiate between biodegradable and non-biodegradable substances. Cite examples.
- Suggest one word for each of the following statements/ definitions
- (a) The physical and biological world where we live in
- (b) Each level of food chain where transfer of energy takes place
- (c) The physical factors like temperature, rainfall, wind and soil of an ecosystem
- (d) Organisms which depend on the producers either directly or indirectly for food
- Explain the role of decomposers in the environment?
- Select the mis-matched pair in the following and correct it.
- (a) Biomagnification — Accumulation of chemicals at the successive trophic levels of a food chain
- (b) Ecosystem — Biotic components of environment
- (c) Aquarium — A man-made ecosystem
- (d) Parasites — Organisms which obtain food from other living organisms
- We do not clean ponds or lakes, but an aquarium needs to be cleaned. Why?
Our Environment – Long Answer Questions
- Indicate the flow of energy in an ecosystem. Why is it unidirectional? Justify.
- What are decomposers? What will be the consequence of their absence in an ecosystem?
- Suggest any four activities in daily life which are eco-friendly.
- Give two differences between food chain and food web.
- Name the wastes which are generated in your house daily. What measures would you take for their disposal?
- Suggest suitable mechanism (s) for waste management in fertiliser industries.
- What are the by-products of fertiliser industries? How do they affect the environment?
- Explain some harmful effects of agricultural practices on the environment.
|NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science (Chapter 14 )||NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science (Chapter 16)|
Now that you are provided with all the necessary information regarding CBSE NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science Chapter 15 – Our Environment, you are advised to take free Our Environment mock test at Embibe. Solving these questions will definitely help you to score good marks in this unit.
We hope this detailed article CBSE NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science Chapter 15 (Our Environment) is helpful. If you have any queries regarding this article on NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science Chapter 15, drop your questions in the comment section below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.558 Views