COAP 2021 – The full form of COAP is Common Offer Acceptance Portal which facilitates the admission offers based on GATE scores for admission into the M.Tech programme. In 2017, eight institutes joined COAP whereas, in 2018, seventeen more institutes became part of the portal. Aspirants must register at the portal to access the admission/job offers from the participating institute/PSUs. In 2019, 21 institutes participated in COAP for filling the M.Tech seats. Candidates need to apply for participating institutes separately. COAP only acts as the common platform used by the institutes to upload offers.
COAP invites applications from eligible candidates every year. Candidates must note that COAP is not the application portal for admission to the M.Tech programme. Hence, they need to apply separately to the respective institute as well. The institutes propose their offers in the specified window of time. The portal is then made open for the interested aspirants to select the admission/job of their choice. The selection of candidates is as per the guidelines of the respective PSUs and Institutes. Read the article to know more about COAP.
What is COAP 2021?
COAP is the Common Offer Acceptance Portal which acts as a platform to pursue M.Tech from the participating institutes or secure employment in one of the PSUs. Every year, the officials activate the portal for the access of the aspirants. In 2021, COAP shall witness the participation of 22 educational institutes and public sector units. Once all the institutes propose their offer, COAP is open to all the candidates for selection of the admission or job of their choice.
COAP 2021: Highlights
Candidates who wish to get admission in the M.Tech programme in IITs and IISC Bangalore must register to COAP as well for admission. Students after qualifying GATE can opt for counselling through the portal. Aspirants must check below the highlights of COAP
Overview of COAP
|Name||Common Offer Acceptance Portal or COAP|
|Purpose||For admission to M.Tech Programme and Job in PSUs.|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Number of Educational Participating Institutes||18|
COAP 2021: Notification
The official body released an online notification along with the application form on 25th March 2021. The notification will help the aspirants to access the number of institutes, important dates, the number of seats and offers. The notification will be updated as released by COAP.
COAP 2021: Features
- It is the common portal on which all the participating institutes and PSUs upload their offers in a period of time.
- The registered aspirants are eligible to access the admission or the job offers by registering at COAP from the participating institutes or public sector units where they have applied for admission.
- Aspirants need to register at the corresponding institutes for GATE COAP or PSUs for admission into the M.Tech programme/Job.
- Candidates must read all the guidelines to understand the mechanism of looking at all the job offers and making a specific choice.
- Each participating institute or PSU follows the selection process according to the norms of the respective institutes.
COAP 2021 Important Dates
The officials release the dates for the admission process in the notification. Aspirants must check the dates and apply accordingly at the portal. The dates are tentative, and the finalized schedule for the same will be available after the announcement of the officials. Check below the crucial dates of COAP-
Important Dates of COAP
|Commencement of GATE COAP registration 2021||March 25, 2021|
|COAP 2021 Last Date||To Be Notified|
|COAP 2021 Exam Dates||Not Valid|
|COAP Seat Allotment Round 1||May 13 and 14, 2021|
|COAP Seat Allotment Round 2||May 20 and 21, 2021|
|COAP Seat Allotment Round 3||May 27 and 28, 2021|
|COAP Seat Allotment Round 4||June 03 and 04, 2021|
|COAP Seat Allotment Round 5||June 10 and 11, 2021|
|COAP Seat Allotment Round for additional rounds||Round 1 – June 17 and 18, 2021Round 2 – June 24 and 25, 2021Round 3 – July 1 and 2, 2021Round 4 – July 8 and 9, 2021|
COAP 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The officials prescribe the eligibility criteria for the registration at COAP. Aspirants must check the conditions before applying to avoid rejections. The eligibility conditions include academic and nationality requirements. To apply at the corresponding institute, the aspirants must fulfil all the requirements of the same. Check below the eligibility criteria for COAP-
- Candidates who are citizens of India are eligible to apply.
- Aspirants must have a valid GATE score.
- In case the aspirant appeared for GATE more than once, they must present the scorecard with the highest score.
COAP Registration 2021
Eligible aspirants can register at COAP. The officials of COAP has adapted the online registration process for COAP exams. Candidates must note that COAP is not an application portal for M.Tech admission in any participating institutes. Hence, aspirants must apply separately to the respective institute for admission/job. The registration is free of cost. Aspirants will need to provide a COAP registration number at the application portal of the participating institutes. Check below the steps to register for COAP-
- 1st Step: On the official website of COAP, click on the available registration link.
- 2nd Step: Provide details such as name, valid GATE score, date of birth, email-id etc. for registration.
- 3rd Step: Candidates will receive login credentials on their registered mail id or mobile number.
- 4th Step: Login with the id and password to complete the registration process.
- 5th Step: On successful registration, candidates will be able to access offers made by the institutes.
- 6th Step: Fill the application form with academic and contact details.
- 7th Step: Submit the application form.
COAP Result 2021
The participating institutes exhibit their offers on the common offer acceptance portal. The registered candidates must go through all the offers and choose the most appropriate one. Check below the steps to check the result of COAP seat allotment-
- Login with email id and password
- Click on the seat allotment tab.
- Check the list of applied institutes. Candidates can also access the list of institute selected aspirants for admission or job.
- Aspirants will have the choice to accept and freeze, retain and wait and reject and wait for the offer.
COAP Cutoff 2021
There is no specified cutoff for participating in COAP 2021. Candidates who have secured the IITs Cutoff specified by the officials will be eligible to participate in COAP 2021 since the admissions to IITs will be done through Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP).
How To Check Admission Offers Through GATE COAP Portal?
Candidates can log in to their COAP portal using their login credentials to check the status of seat allotment. Admission offers by all the participating institutes will be listed in the COAP portal as per the schedule. Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to check COAP 2020 seat allotment result:
- – 1st Step: Visit the COAP official website.
- – 2nd Step: Log in to the candidate section using the Login ID and Password.
- – 3rd Step: Click on the “Seat Allotment” option.
- – 4th Step: Check the institute-wise allotment of seats.
- – 5th Step: Confirm or reject the seat allotted to them from the given options – Accept and Freeze, Retain and Wait and Reject and Wait.
COAP 2021: Seat Allotment Options
The officials conduct five rounds of seat allotment. In each round of offer, aspirants will have three options. Candidates need to choose any of them to process the offer. Check below the options available in COAP seat allotment-
Option 1- Accept and Freeze
Aspirants willing to accept any of the offers and do not wish to consider the other offers for seat allotment must select ‘Accept and Freeze’. A candidate who selects this option will not be able to participate in the further rounds of admission.
Option 2- Retain and Wait
Candidates indicating their partial acceptance to any of the available offers and also wish to be considered for upgradation must select ‘Retain and Wait’. Aspirants who will select this option will not be considered for other rejected offers in the current round.
Option 3- Reject and Wait
Aspirants unsatisfied with the offer and wish to appear for the further round must select the ‘Reject and Wait’ option. The same offer will not appear in the further rounds due to the rejection by the candidate.
COAP 2021: All Rounds
After the registration, candidates will receive offers. The process of seat allotment begins once the candidate selects an offer. There will be various rounds of seat allotment. Check below the process of seat allotment at COAP-
- Choose the most preferred offer.
- Candidates must select, accept and freeze the offer if it is of their choice.
- Submit the selection.
- Visit the official’s website of the admitting institute or joining the public sector unit.
- Complete the admission process before the last date.
- The seat allotment will be completed.
Rejection of Offer
- In the case of No, aspirants need to retain and wait.
- Submit the decision
- Visit COAP for the next rounds of offers.
- In case the aspirant is unable to accept the offer up to the last round of allotment, he or she will need to wait for the spot round.
COAP 2021: Participating Institutes
Check below the list of institutes exhibiting their offers at COAP-
|IIT Delhi||IIT Kanpur||IIT Ropar|
|IIT Bombay||IIT Jodhpur||IIT Roorkee|
|IIT Bhubaneswar||IIT Indore||IIT Palakkad|
|IIT BHU||IIT ISM Dhanbad||IIT Patna|
|IIT Bhilai||IIT Hyderabad||IIT Mandi|
|IISC Bangalore||IIT Guwahati||IIT Madras|
COAP 2021 Contact Details
If candidates have any query related to COAP 2021 or in general which is related to COAP, then they will have to reach out to the officials. The contact details through which COAP officials can be reached out are given below:
Telephone: 011-2659 1749
COAP 2021: Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can I apply for M.Tech through COAP?
Ans: No, COAP is not the application portal for M.Tech admission. Candidates need to apply at the respective institute for admission.
Q2. Who can register at the portal?
Ans: Candidates seeking admission in the M.Tech programme of the participating institutes and have a valid GATE score can register at COAP.
Q3. If I have registered on COAP in 2020. Do I need to register again in 2021?
Ans: Yes, as the registration in 2020 will not be valid for 2021. So you will have to re-register if you want to appear in COAP 2021.
Q4. What documents do I need to upload during registration?
Ans: Candidates do not need to provide any document during the registration at COAP.
Q5. What are the options available after selecting an offer?
Ans: After the selection of anyone offered, candidates will get three options-accept and freeze, retain and wait, reject and wait.
Q6. What are the steps after I accept an offer?
Ans: Candidates will need to visit the admission portal of the respective institute to complete the admission formalities.
Q7. Can I select multiple offers at a time?
Ans: No, candidates need to select any one offer in a respective round.
Q8. Will all the institutes have the same number of rounds in COAP?
Ans: No, the number of rounds will depend on the selection process of the respective institute.
Q9. Will there be any offer available after the final round of COAP?
Ans: No, post the completion of the final round, there will be no other offers available to the aspirants.
Q10. I am a foreign national and have a valid GATE score. Can I register at COAP?
Ans: No, only Indian nationals can register at COAP.
We hope this detailed information regarding COAP 2021 helps you. For any query related to this article, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.
Stay tuned to embibe.com to catch all the updates about the COAP 2021.167 Views