MAT 2018: Management Aptitude Test, popularly known as MAT, is a national level exam conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA). MAT is conducted four times a year to select candidates for MBA and PGDM courses in various business schools in India. Around 600 B-Schools accept MAT scores every year.
MAT 2018 for the month of December is scheduled to be conducted on 9th and 15th December 2018. Candidates who are appearing for MAT must have a clear knowledge of MAT 2018. This is a must if you want to create a smart and properly structured preparation plan.
In this article, we will provide you with all the details about MAT 2018 exam. So, read on to find out.
MAT 2018: Everything You Need To Know
Let us look at the overview of MAT 2018 exam:
|Exam Name||Management Aptitude Test (MAT)|
|Conducting Body||All India Management Association (AIMA)|
|Frequency||4 Times a Year|
|Examination Mode||Both Online (Computer-Based Test) and Offline (Pen-Based Test)|
|Exam Conducted in||February, May, September & December|
|Latest Exam Date||9th December 2018 (CBT) and 15th December 2018 (PBT)|
|Time Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Total Number of Sections||5|
|Maximum Marks for Each Section||40|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Maximum Number of Attempts||No Limit|
MAT 2018: MAT December Important Dates
The important dates for MAT December 2018 are tabulated below.
|Last Date for Online Registration for Paper Based Test (PBT)||30th November 2018 (Friday)|
|Availability of Admit Card for Paper Based Test (PBT)||1st December 2018|
|Last Date for Online Registration for Computer Based Test (CBT)||7th December 2018 (Friday)|
|Paper Based Test (PBT) Date||9th December 2018 (Sunday)|
|Availability of Admit Card for Computer Based Test (CBT)||10th December 2018|
|Computer Based Test (CBT) Date||15th December 2018 (Saturday)|
If you are planning on taking MAT in the next attempt, that is in February 2019, have a look at the tentative dates for MAT February 2019 tabulated below:
|Starting of Application Form||3rd Week of December 2018|
|Closing Date of Online Registration (PBT)||Last Week of January 2019|
|Closing of Online Registration (CBT)||2nd Week of February 2019|
|Issue of Admit Card||4th Week of January 2019|
|Date of Exam (PBT)||1st Week of February 2019|
|Date of Exam (CBT)||3rd Week of February 2019|
|Declaration of Result||Last Week of February 2019|
Let us now look into the detailed MAT Exam Pattern 2018.
MAT 2018: MAT Eligibility Criteria
Graduate candidates having Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration from any recognized University can appear for the exam. Candidates in their final year of graduation can also apply for the exam.
MAT 2018: MAT Registration fees
MAT Registration form fees for different mode are tabulated below:
|For Paper-Based Test (PBT)||1550/-|
|For Computer Based Test (CBT)||1550/-|
|Both PBT & CBT||2650/-|
MAT 2018: How To Register For MAT 2018?
Make sure you have the following things ready to complete the registration process:
- Scanned image of a photograph (40 to 100 kb)
- Scanned image of signature (10 to 40 kb)
- Credit Card/Debit Card (ATM Card) or Net Banking details
Follow the steps as under for MAT registration 2018:
Step 1: New Candidate Login
- Go to the official website: https://mat.aima.in/dec18.
- Click on “Register (New Log In)” button
- Fill up the necessary details. Make sure you have a valid Email ID.
- The OTP will be sent to the personal email address to verify. Click on “Verify.”
- Another email consisting of login credentials will be sent.
Step 2: Logging Into Your Account
- Go to https://mat.aima.in/dec18.
- Click on “Login (To Complete the Registration Form)”.
- Enter your Email ID, Password and Date of Birth.
- Click on “Submit”.
Step 3: Fill Choices Of Management Institutes
You can opt for a total of 7 management institutes:
- Fill in the registration form with the names of management institutes of your choice.
- After making your input, click on the “Save”
- You can even edit the information later and click on “Save” after editing.
Step 4: Upload Photo And Signature
Upload scanned copy of your photo and signature:
Requirements for Photo:
- Size: Passport size
- Nature: Colored photograph must be taken against light or white background
- Visibility: Face must be clear without any hats or dark glasses. There shouldn’t be any reflection on the glasses if any.
- Format: JPEG or JPG
- File size: Not more than 100 kb and not less than 40 kb.
Requirements for Signature:
- Sign on the white paper with a black pen
- Make sure the file should be limited to 40 kb and not less than 10kb in JPEG OR JPG format.
Step 5: Make Payment
Payment can be made using Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking.
Step 6: Review & Download Registration Form
Candidates can review their information and download the registration form just for your own record.
Detailed MAT Exam Pattern: Section-wise Marks Distribution
As mentioned above, MAT has five different sections. These are tabulated below along with the number of questions and maximum marks for each section:
|Sections||Total Number Of Questions / Maximum Marks|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40/40|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40/40|
|Indian and Global Environment||40/40|
Important Points About MAT Exam Pattern 2018
Let us now look into some of the important points regarding MAT Exam Pattern:
- a. Mode of the Examination: As mentioned above, MAT is conducted in both online (computer based) and offline mode.
- b. Time Duration: The total time duration for the exam is 2.5 hours (150 minutes) in total.
- c. Type of Questions: MAT consists of Objective Type of questions. Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) are asked in MAT which means each question comes with multiple options and the correct answer is to be picked.
- d. Marking Scheme: Each question carries 1 mark when answered correctly. Each section contains 40 questions and there are 5 sections. So, the total marks for MAT are 200.
- e. Negative Marking: For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
MAT 2018: Detailed MAT Syllabus
AIMA does not release any official MAT Syllabus since it is a standardized one. We have provided you with the syllabus and important topics under each section based on previous year papers.
MAT 2018 Syllabus For Language Comprehension
This section will test the candidates’ command over the English language. Some of the important topics in this section are as under:
- a. Verbal Reasoning
- b. Contextual usage
- c. Antonyms
- d. Jumbled paragraphs
- e. Foreign language words used in English
- f. Sentence correction
- g. Idioms
- h. Different usage of same word
- i. Analogies
- j. Fill in the Blanks
- k. Sentence Correction
- l. Sentence completion
- m. Odd one out
- n. One-word substitution
MAT 2018 Syllabus For Intelligence And Critical Reasoning
This section requires the candidates to find logical solutions to the given data set. The various topics for this section are as under:
- a. Critical reasoning
- b. Assumption-Premise-Conclusion
- c. Statements and assumptions
- d. Identifying arguments
- e. Cause and Effect
- f. Visual reasoning
- g. Assertion and reasons
- h. Identifying valid inferences
- i. Statements and conclusions
- i. Identifying probably true probably false
MAT 2018 Syllabus For Mathematical Skills
This test is conducted to test the candidate’s knowledge of General Mathematics.
- a. Geometry
- b. Ratios and Proportion
- c. In-equations Quadratic and linear equations
- d. Profit & Loss
- e. Partnership (Accounts)
- f. Number system
- g. Mensuration
- h. Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- i. Venn diagram
- j. Clocks
- k. Permutations Combinations
- l. Vectors
- m. Co-ordinate geometry
- n. Calendar
- o. Surds & Indices
- p. Time & Work
- q. Algebra
- r. Averages
- s. Percentages
- t. Sequence & Series
- u. Allegation & Mixtures
- v. Set Theory
- w. Installment Payments
- x. Probability
- y. Trigonometry
- z. Binomial Expansion
MAT 2018 Syllabus For Data Analysis And Sufficiency
Data Analysis, also known as Data Interpretation, needs candidates to decipher and infer the information provided in the form of graphs or charts, using systematic steps and rational judgment to arrive at conclusion. The different topics under this section are as under:
- a. Column Graphs
- b. Line charts
- c. Graphs representing Area
- d. Bar Graphs
- e. Pie Chart
- f. Venn diagram
MAT 2018 Syllabus For Indian And Global Environment (General Awareness)
As the name suggests, this section will test the candidate’s knowledge of events and current affairs in India as well as the world. The coverage for this topic is vast. Candidates should have a grip on Indian History, Geography, and Science. A few topics that might help you start preparing for this section are as under:
- a. Current Affairs
- b. Punchline of companies
- c. Major corporate events
- d. World Records
- e. Science
- f. Geography
- g. Important quotations
- h. Sports
- i. Automobiles
- j. Politics
- k. Business
- l. Top officials of big companies
- m. Famous award and prizes
- n. Books and authors
- o. History
- p. International organizations
- q. Social issues
- r. Finance
- s. Entertainment
MAT 2018: MAT Hall Ticket 2018
MAT Admit Card is the most essential document that needs to be carried to the exam centre. Candidates without the admit card will be denied admission to the exam center. Follow the steps as under to download MAT Admit Card 2018:
|Step 1||Visit the official website for MAT 2018: mat.aima.in/dec18|
|Step 2||Under the “Download” tab click on “MAT Admit Card”.|
|Step 3||Enter any two of the following:
|Step 4||Click on the “Submit” button.|
|Step 5||The MAT 2018 Admit Card will appear on the screen. Download and print the admit card. Keep it safe until the end of admission process.|
Important Details Mentioned On MAT Admit Card 2018
MAT Admit Card 2018 will have the following details about the candidate and the exam mentioned on it. We advise you to verify your details mentioned on the admit card thoroughly.
- Name of the Candidate
- Form Number
- Roll Number
- Date of Exam
- Time of Exam
- Test Centre Address
If any of the above information is missing or if there is any wrong information, candidates must report it to the official authority and get it rectified. Also, there will be huge traffic to the official website at the last moment which may pose a problem in downloading the admit card. So, download it as soon as it is released.
Documents Required With MAT Admit Card 2018
Apart from the MAT Admit Card, candidates must carry a valid photo ID proof with them to the exam centre. It will be necessary for identification at the exam centre. You can take any one of these identity proofs to the test centre for identification purposes – Driving License (DL), Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID Card or UID Aadhaar Card.
MAT 2018: MAT Result And Steps To Download MAT Score Card
The result for MAT December 2018 will be announced by AIMA on or after December 24 in the form of score card. Follow the steps as under to check your result and download the MAT scorecard:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of AIMA: mat.aima.in.
- Step 2: Go to the “Downloads” tab.
- Step 3: Click on “MAT Results” from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4: Enter your Registration Number, Date of Birth and Email ID.
- Step 5: Click on “Submit”.
- Step 6: Your MAT score card will appear on the screen and can be downloaded.
Now you have all the required information necessary regarding MAT 2018. So, finish the MAT syllabus and take mock tests. Analyze your performance in the test and find out where you are making mistakes. Work on them to improve. Start by taking the free bank mock test series of Embibe which have almost the same syllabus. Later practice MAT previous year papers to increase your speed and accuracy.
We hope this detailed article on MAT 2018 helps you. If you have any query, drop your comments below. We will get back to you as early as possible.
All the best!