South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019: South Indian Bank has released the official notification for the recruitment of Probationary Clerks and Probationary Officers across its branches in India. The South Indian Bank 2019 recruitment offers a total of 160 vacancies for Probationary Officer posts and 385 vacancies for Probationary Clerks posts (South zone-310, North Zone-75). The SIB PO and Clerk registration process started on 19th June on SIB’s official website: southindianbank.com. Interested candidates must apply for either South Indian Bank Probationary Officers or Probationary Clerks posts before 30th June 2019. Even though the vacancies are a handful, lakhs of candidates will apply for South Indian Bank 2019 exam as it is one of the top private sector banks in India.
To ace in the South Indian Bank 2019 PO and Probationary Clerk exam, it is crucial for the candidates to know everything about the South Indian Bank 2019 recruitment. This article will provide you with all the necessary details regarding South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019, like important dates, eligibility criteria, application process, admit card and more. Read on!!
South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019
Before getting into the details of South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019, let us have an overview of the exam:
|Name of the Exam||South Indian Bank Recruitment Exam|
|Name of the Post||Probationary Officer and Probationary Clerk|
|Conducting Authority||South Indian Bank|
|Job Location||Depends on the Requirement|
|Number of Stages||Two (Online test, Group discussion or Personal Interview)|
South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019: Important Dates
The important dates for South Indian Bank PO recruitment 2019 are tabulated below:
|South Indian Bank PO Online Registration Begins||19th June 2019|
|South Indian Bank PO Online Registration Ends||30th June 2019|
|Online Aptitude Exam for SIB PO||25th July 2019|
The important dates for the South Indian Bank Clerk recruitment 2019 are tabulated below:
|South Indian Bank Clerk Online Registration Begins||19th June 2019|
|South Indian Bank Clerk Online Registration Ends||30th June 2019|
|Online Aptitude Exam for SIB Clerk||26th July 2019|
South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019: Eligibility Criteria
Before getting into the South Indian Bank 2019 PO and Clerk application form filling process, the aspirant must validate his/her eligibility as per the guidelines set by South Indian Bank itself. Failing to meet the eligibility standards will result in candidature failure. So, check out the criteria for South Indian Bank PO & Clerk exam from the table below:
South Indian Bank PO & Clerk Age Criteria: The age criteria for the posts of South Indian Bank PO and Clerk are tabulated below:
|Age Limit as on June 30, 2019||Educational Qualification|
|South Indian Bank PO||25 years
5 years relaxed for SC/ST candidates
|X/ SSLC, XII/ HSC & Graduation with minimum 60% marks under regular course|
|South Indian Bank Clerk|| 26 years
5 years relaxed for SC/ST candidates
South Indian Bank PO & Clerk Nationality: Candidates must be of Indian nationality.
How To Apply For South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019
Interested candidates of South Indian Bank recruitment 2019 for PO and Clerk posts must apply in the online mode. No other means of application is accepted. Candidates can follow the detailed steps mentioned below to successfully fill up the South Indian Bank application form:
- 1st Step: Visit the official South Indian Bank website by clicking here.
- 2nd Step: On the South Indian Bank homepage, click on “Careers” tab from the top right corner.
- 3rd Step: Select either “Recruitment of Probationary Officers” or ” Recruitment of Probationary Clerks” based on the job you wish to apply.
- 4th Step: Search for the option “Apply Online” and click on it. You will land on the registration page with instructions, carefully read them before proceeding.
- 5th Step: To begin with the registration process, click on the“Click For New Registration” button to enter your name and contact details.
- 6th Step: After filling in the information, click on “Save & Next” option. The provisional registration and password will be created.
- 7th Step: You will have to upload the Photo and Signature as per the guidelines mentioned.
- 8th Step: If you are unable to complete the South Indian Bank application form in one go, then use the option “Save and Continue” option by clicking on it. By doing this you can ensure your data that is submitted is not lost. In this case, the candidate will have to log in using registration number and password to continue with the application process.
- 9th Step: Now, enter your personal, academic and experience information.
- 10th Step: Make sure to validate the information you enter at every stage and click on “Save and continue“.
- 11th Step: Verify all the information you provided in the application form on the “Preview” tab and click “Submit“.
- 12th Step: Upload the scanned image of the handwritten self-declaration in the prescribed file format.
- 13th Step: Click on the “Final Submit” button.
- 14th Step: Now you will enter the payment page. Select the mode of payment and make the payment of the application fee.
- 15th Step: Take a printout of the payment e-receipt and save it for further references.
South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019: Application guidelines
- – Candidates must ensure that they provide a valid email ID and mobile number at the time of enrollment because the registration number and the password will also be sent to the email ID and mobile number.
- – Verify every single detail you mentioned from the beginning before clicking on the final submit button. Once the final submission is made, you cannot make any more changes.
- – Candidate’s name, fathers name or husband’s name must be spelt exactly the same, matching the identity proof/certificate/mark sheet.
- – The application form is integrated with the payment gateway which means the candidate must make the payment to successfully complete the registration process.
- – The South Indian Bank PO/Clerk application form payment can be made only in the online mode.
- – On successful completion of payment, the candidate will receive the receipt. Failing to receive e-receipt indicates the payment hasn’t gone through.
- – Only after the payment of application fee candidates will be able to take a printout.
- – The dimensions of the photograph to be uploaded must be 200 x 230 pixels (preferred) with a file size of 20kb–50 kb.
- – Ensure there is no red-eye or reflection in the image.
- – The applicant has to put his left thumb impression on a white paper with black or blue ink then scan it and upload.
- – Signature in capital letters will not be accepted.
- – The text for the handwritten declaration must be as follows – “I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019: Application Form Fee
South Indian Bank PO application fee has to be paid only in the online mode. The payment can be made using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, IMPS, Internet Banking, Cash Cards/Mobile Wallets. The application fees for South Indian Bank PO & Clerk recruitment varies for different categories.
South Indian Bank PO Recruitment application fee for different categories are tabulated below:
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||Rs 200|
South Indian Bank Clerk Recruitment application fee for different categories are tabulated below:
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||Rs 150|
South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019: Selection Process
The South Indian Bank recruitment process involves 2 stages for both PO and Clerk vacancies:
- 1st Stage: Online Aptitude Test
- 2nd Stage: Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD and PI)
South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019: Exam pattern
The first stage of South Indian Bank 2019 Recruitment, Online Aptitude Test, will be conducted only in the English language. Once the Online Aptitude Test is cleared, candidates can go forward to the Group Discussion and Personal Interview round. The South Indian Bank PO & Clerk online exam has four sections – Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, General Awareness, English Language and Data Analysis & Interpretation. Check out the detailed South Indian Bank exam pattern from the table below:
|Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Marks||Sectional Time|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||40||50||40 minutes|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||50||20 minutes|
|English Language||40||50||40 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||40||50||40 minutes|
**Negative Marking: There is also a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019: Section-wise Syllabus
English language: This section contains objective questions that will test your knowledge of grammar, comprehension, and vocabulary. The various topics that come under this section are as under:
|Parts of Speech (Noun, Pronoun, Verb, Adverb, Conjunction, Preparation, Adjective, etc.)||Tenses|
|Singular and Plural||Articles – A, An and The|
|Subject-Verb Agreement||Narration – Direct and Indirect Speech|
|Story-based comprehension||Fact-based comprehension|
Based on the rules and regulations of English grammar, several types of questions may be asked, like:
- Fill in the blanks,
- Spotting errors,
- Sentence completion,
- Cloze test, etc.
Reasoning And Computer Aptitude: This section tests your analytical and logical skills as well as your knowledge of computer software and hardware. Let us first look into the different topics under Reasoning.
|Distance and Directions||Blood Relations|
|Linear Seating Arrangements||Circular Seating Arrangements|
|Statements and Arguments||Statements and Conclusion|
|Statements and Assumption||Assertion and Reasoning|
|Number and Alphabet Series||Coding – Decoding|
|History and Evolution of Computers – Generations of Computers||Computer Fundamentals|
|Operating Systems||Input and Output Devices (I/O Devices)|
|Central Processing Unit (CPU)||Storages and Memories|
|Database Management||Basic Security Concepts|
|Computer Abbreviations||Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)|
|Keyboard Shortcuts||Computer Terminologies|
Data Analysis And Interpretation: This section tests your mathematical and analytical skills. Data analysis questions asked are usually of the following types:
- Bar graph,
- Line graph,
- Pie chart, etc.
However, solving these questions needs knowledge of basic Mathematics and calculations. For that, it is always good to brush the basic topics of high school Mathematics:
|Profit and Loss||Percentage|
|Average||Ratio and Proportion|
|Simple and Compound Interest|
General / Economy / Banking Awareness: This section contains questions related to general knowledge, banking, and economy. Let us first look into the topics that are included under General Awareness:
|Countries and Capitals||Countries and Currency|
|Books and Authors||Awards and Honours|
|Indian History||Indian Geography|
|Indian Polity||Indian Constitution|
|Culture||National and International Events of Importance|
Economy / Banking Awareness:
|History of Banking||Banking Terminologies|
|History of Reserve Bank of India||Roles and Responsibilities of RBI|
|Banking Rates||Banking Abbreviations|
|Banking and Financial Institutions of India||Indian Economy|
|Banking Rules and Laws||Related Schemes|
South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019: Admit Card
An email/SMS will be sent to the candidates to download their South Indian Bank PO/Clerk Call Letter from the official website. Aspirants can click on the direct link sent via email or visit southindiabank.com to download the admit card using their Registration Number and Password (generated during online registration). Follow the steps as under to download your South Indian Bank admit card:
- Visit the SIB official website @ www.southindianbank.com
- In the homepage click on ‘Careers’ section provided on the top right-hand side.
- Click on “Recruitment of Probationary Officers” or ” Recruitment of Probationary Clerks“.
- Click on the Call letter Download link.
- SIB PO Exam Admit Card Login Page will display on the screen.
- Enter the Registration Number/ Roll Number & Password/DOB in the given fields.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Hall Ticket will display on the screen. Download and take a print out the SIB Probationary Officer for future reference.
The following details will be mentioned on South Indian Bank Admit Card:
- Name of the Aspirant.
- Father’s Name.
- Date of Birth.
- Gender (Male/Female).
- Examination Centre Code.
- Test Centre.
- Date of examination.
- Space for Invigilator’s Signature.
- Instructions to follow during the Exam.
- Space for Candidate’s Signature.
- Applicant’s Photograph.
South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019: Tentative Exam Centers
The tentative exam centres for the Online Exam of South Indian Bank PO and Clerk are as under:
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur, Hyderabad, Kakinada, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh – Mohali|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru, Hubli, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udipi|
|Kerala||Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Indore, Ujjain|
|Maharashtra||Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana|
|Tamilnadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Dindigul, Madurai, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Perambalur, Salem, Thanjavur, Tiruchirapalli, Thoothukodi, Tirunelveli, Vellore|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut|
|West Bengal||Durgapur, Greater Kolkata, Howrah, Kolkata, Siliguri|
South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019: Online Exam guidelines
- -The South Indian Bank 2019 exam is for 2 hours, candidates are required to report to the allotted exam centre at the specified reporting time. Candidates are required to spend an approximate of 4 hours for various formalities such as a collection of requisite documents, logging in, receiving instructions, etc.
- – Along with the South Indian Bank 2019 call letter, candidates must also carry an original identity proof to the exam venue.
- – The candidate’s identity will be verified with respect to his/her details on the call letter, in the Attendance List and requisite documents submitted. If the data on identity proof does not match to the call letter, the candidate might not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- – Identity Proof’ that has to be submitted at the exam centre can be a PAN Card/ Passport/ Permanent Driving Licence/ Voter’s Card/ Bank Passbook with a photograph.
- – The examination will only be conducted online in venues mentioned on the respective call letters.
- – Request for venue change or date will not be entertained.
- – On the day of the online test, candidate’s biometric data (thumb impression) will be captured along with a photograph.
South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019: General Preparation Tips
Here are some general tips to prepare for South Indian Bank recruitment 2019:
- Memorize the formulas but not the steps to solve problems.
- Build a strong foundation on theory concepts which require applications.
- Solve a sufficient number of questions to build your confidence in that particular concept.
- Study those sections that are difficult to memorize on a regular basis.
- Do not underestimate the revision part, do it regularly.
- Work on your time management skills to maintain a proper balance between your speed and accuracy.
- Take South Indian Bank PO mock tests and develop a proper, smart and methodical strategy to take the exam.
- Identify and work on your weaknesses and mistakes after every test.
South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019: How to check SIB Result?
Follow the steps below to check your South Indian Bank recruitment Result:
- Visit the official website of South Indian Bank- www.southindianbank.com
- Click on “Careers”.
- Click on “Recruitment of Probationary Officers” or “Recruitment of Probationary Clerks” (Based on the post you have applied).
- Click on “Online Test Results”.
- Enter the required details such as Registration Number, Roll Number, and Date of Birth and click on “Submit”.
- South Indian Bank PO Result will appear on the screen in the form of a PDF containing the names and roll numbers of the qualified candidates.
- Download the PDF and take a printout for further references.
Once the result is released candidates who secured minimum marks set by South Indian Bank will move onto the next round that is Group Discussion or Personal Interview. And after the Personal Interview based on the candidates’ performance in all two rounds, the final result will be declared. Selected candidates of South Indian Bank Recruitment are required to serve a probation period of 2 years as a South Indian Bank Probationary Officer.
South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019: Expected Cutoff
To appear for the Personal Interview round, candidates must clear both sectional and overall South Indian Bank exam cutoffs. Check out the sectional and overall South Indian Bank Expected Cutoff based on last year from the table below:
|Sections||Number of Questions/Maximum Marks||Expected Cutoff|
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Knowledge||50/60||25+|
Now you are provided with all detailed information on South Indian Bank recruitment 2019. We advise you to utilize this time seriously by preparing for the exam. With the syllabus of bank mock test series being similar to SIB PO & Clerk exam, candidates can the free mock tests on Embibe. These will improve their test-taking speed and accuracy thus, in turn, improving the overall score.
If you face any issue or have any query regarding South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019, you can drop a comment below and we will definitely get back to you.
Stay tuned for more latest updates and news on South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019!!58 Views