About South Indian Bank Clerk Exam 2023
The South Indian Bank (SIB) Ltd. conducts South Indian Bank Clerk recruitment to hire suitable candidates for Clerk posts. It is a national-level recruitment. SIB released the official notification and application form online on Febrauary 01, 2023. Interested candidates can apply online at southindianbank.com. The last date to submit the application form is February 12, 2023.
The South Indian Bank Clerk selection process involves two stages, i.e., an online test and interview. The officials will conduct the online test on February 18, 2023. Aspirants who clear the online test are called for the personal interview. Continue to read the article to know about schedule, application process, selection process, exam pattern, syllabus, and more.
South Indian Bank Clerk Exam Summary 2023
Let us go through the overview of the South Indian Bank Clerk 2023 recruitment from the table below:
|Name of Exam
|South Indian Bank Clerk
|South Indian Bank (SIB) Ltd.
|Level of Exam
|Once a Year
|To Be Announced
|Mode of Exam
|Online Test and Personal Interview
|Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Rajasthan, and Delhi NCR
South Indian Bank Clerk Latest Update 2023
Find all the latest news and updates related to the South Indian Bank Clerk 2023 below: February 01, 2023: The officials started online applications for the South Indian Bank Clerk 2023. Apply online here.
South Indian Bank Clerk Notification 2023
The South Indian Bank published the official notification for South Indian Bank Clerk recruitment on February 01, 2023. The official notification contains all the details related to the recruitment that helps aspirants know all about the exam. Aspirants can download the official notification from the direct link provided below:
South Indian Bank Clerk Important Dates 2023
Aspirants must keep track of the important dates. It will help them avoid missing any important deadlines. They can check the South Indian Bank Clerk important dates 2023 from the table below:
|Release of Official Notification
|February 01, 2023
|Date of Release of Online Application Form
|February 01, 2023
|Last Date To Apply Online and Pay Fees
|February 12, 2023
|Date of Admit Card Release
|To Be Announced
|South Indian Bank Clerk Exam Date
|February 18, 2023
|Release of Exam Result Date
|To Be Announced
South Indian Bank Clerk Vacancy
The officials are yet to publish the vacancy for 2023. Meanwhile, aspirants can check the South Indian Bank Clerk vacancies for 2019 below:
|States Under the Zone
|Number of Vacancies
Jammu & Kashmir
South Indian Bank Clerk Job Profile & Salary
The job of a Clerk is to do written work or look after records or accounts in the bank. Furthermore, there are various fields of the bank that a Clerk has to take care of. If the candidates want to apply for the Probationary Clerk job profile in the South Indian Bank, they should know the responsibilities of the profile. Here are some of the responsibilities of a bank clerk:
- The Clerk deals with all the queries of the customers
- Help in cash deposition and cash withdrawal
- Help in opening loan accounts
- The Clerk also ensures compliance of KYC with the customers
- Help in data collecting and processing
- Clerks also manage files and data in the bank
South Indian Bank Clerk Salary
The South Indian Bank provides the salary structure for Probationary Clerks. The candidates who join the bank as Probationary Clerks are entitled to get the salary as per the predefined structure. According to the salary structure, the pay scale of Probationary Clerks is INR 17900 – 1000/3 – 20900 – 1230/3 – 24590 – 1490/4 – 30550 – 1730/7 – 42660 – 3270/1 – 45930 – 1990/1 – 47920/-.
Apart from the basic pay, the candidates are also entitled to get DA, HRA and other allowances as per the bank’s rules. However, the allowances may vary from time to time, depending upon the place of posting.
South Indian Bank Clerk Probation Period
Candidates must know that the period of probation for South Indian Bank Probationary Clerks is 6 months. After completing the probation, the bank will provide confirmation to the candidates. Furthermore, the candidates may note that their confirmations are subject to satisfactory performance during the probation period.
South Indian Bank Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2023
The bank prescribes the eligibility criteria for the South Indian Bank Clerk recruitment. Candidates interested in the recruitment must ensure their eligibility before applying. The South Indian Bank verifies the eligibility before joining. Furthermore, if the bank finds any candidate ineligible, they cancel the candidature of the candidate. The following are the South Indian Bank Clerk eligibility criteria:
South Indian Bank Clerk Age Criteria
Candidates can check the age limit required for the South Indian Bank Clerk post below:
- The lower age limit for candidates is 18 years.
- The upper age limit of candidates must not be more than 26 years.
- Candidate should be born not earlier than February 01, 1997, and not later than January 31, 2005, (both days inclusive).
- SC/ST candidates will get relaxation by 5 years in the upper age limit.
South Indian Bank Clerk Educational Qualification
Candidates must meet the following educational qualification to apply for South Indian Bank Clerk posts.
- Aspirants must have a Graduation in Arts/ Science / Commerce/ Engineering stream under regular course.
- They must have passed Class 10/ SSLC, Class 12/ HSC/ Diploma, and Graduation with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Diploma applicable only if Graduated in Engineering.
- Educational qualification by mode of distance education will not be considered.
How to Apply for South Indian Bank Clerk Exam 2023 Online?
Find the step-by-step procedure to apply online for South Indian Bank Clerk below:
- 1st Step: Go to the official website at southindianbank.com.
- 2nd Step: Click on the “Careers” tab and then “VIEW CURRENT OPENINGS” button.
- 3rd Step: Click on “Apply Here” button.
- 4th Step: Fill out the personal information like the applicant’s name, email ID, mobile number, etc.
- 5th Step: Click on “Submit” button to generate the Registration Number and Password. The same will be sent to the registered email ID and mobile number.
- 6th Step: Login with the provided credentials.
- 7th Step: Enter all other required details.
- 8th Step: Upload the scanned photograph and signature & choose the state a candidate wants to apply for.
- 9th Step: Click on the “Submit” button. 10th Step: Pay the required application fees. 11th Step: Take a printout of the e-receipt and completely filled form for future reference.
South Indian Bank Clerk Application Fee
Candidates need to pay the application fee offline. The South Indian Bank Clerk application fee is as follows:
|SC / ST Candidates
South Indian Bank Clerk Exam Pattern 2023
Candidates should go through the exam pattern to know about the sections, number of questions, marking scheme, and duration. They can check the South Indian Bank Clerk exam pattern below:
|Number of Questions
|Reasoning/ Data Analysis & Interpretation
|General, Economic Awareness, and Banking Awareness
|Quantitative Aptitude & Computer Aptitude
South Indian Bank Clerk Syllabus 2023
Candidates can find the detailed South Indian Bank Clerk syllabus for each subject here.
Reasoning Section Syllabusw
Find the syllabus for the Reasoning sections below:
|Coding and Decoding
|Statement and Arguments
|Distance and Directions
|Number and Alphabet Series
|Statements and Assumption
|Statements and Conclusion
|Assertion and Reasoning
Computer Aptitude Syllabus
Find the syllabus for Computer Aptitude in the table below:
|History and Evolution of Computers
|Central Processing Unit (CPU)
|Input and Output Devices (I/O Devices)
|Storages and Memories
|Basic Security Concepts
|Internet & Email
|Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
General Awareness Syllabus
Candidates can check the syllabus for the General Awareness section below:
|Countries and Capitals
|Countries and Currency
|National and International Events of Importance
|Books and Authors
|Awards and Honours
Economy/ Banking Awareness Syllabus
Check the syllabus for the Economy/ Banking Awareness section below:
|History of Banking
|History of Reserve Bank of India
|Roles and Responsibilities of RBI
|Banking and Financial Institutions of India
|Banking Rules and Laws
English Language Syllabus
Candidates can check the South Indian Bank Clerk syllabus for the English Language sections below:
|Synonyms and Antonyms
|Sentence Rearrangement or Para jumbles
|Idioms and Phrases
|Direct and Indirect Speech
|Singular and Plural
|Articles – A, An and The
Data Analysis & Interpretation Syllabus
Check the syllabus for the Data Analysis & Interpretation section below:
|Missing Data Interpretation
|Mixed Data Interpretation
|HCF and LCM
|Profit and Loss
|Work and Time
|Speed, Distance and Time
|Ratio and Proportion
|Mixture and Alligation
South Indian Bank Clerk Preparation Tips 2023
A better preparation strategy can lead to a better result. Therefore, candidates must make a strategy to prepare for the South Indian Bank Clerk exam. Here are some of South Indian Bank Clerk preparation tips that the candidates can follow:
- Take a look at the syllabus and exam pattern once.
- Sort the entire syllabus into easy and difficult topics.
- Start preparing with the difficult topics and then move to the easy ones.
- Memorise the formulas and the trick behind solving any problem. Check what’s new in the news related to the general, economic, and banking sectors regularly.
- Build a strong knowledge of the general, economic, and banking sectors.
- Solve as many questions as possible on reasoning, data analysis, data interpretation.
- Study difficult sections on a regular basis to memorise them.
- Manage your time properly and maintain a consistent speed in the study.
- Take South Indian Bank Clerk mock tests to familiarise yourself with the exam and identify your weak points.
- Work on your weak topics and practice more after taking every mock test.
- Maintain a proper balance between your study and breaks.
South Indian Bank Clerk Admit Card 2023
The bank releases the admit card online on its official website. Candidates can download the South Indian Bank Clerk admit card at southindianbank.com. Furthermore, they must enter their registration number and password/date of birth to download the admit card. Candidates must carry a printout of the hall ticket and one photo identity proof to the exam centre.
South Indian Bank Clerk Result 2023
The South Indian Bank announces the South Indian Bank Clerk result online at southindianbank.com. Aspirants can check the result on the official website. Furthermore, they need to enter login credentials such as the registration number and password/date of birth on the official portal to check the result. Candidates who secure the minimum qualifying cut off marks in the online test become eligible for the next round, i.e., personal interview.
South Indian Bank Clerk Cut Off 2023
Along with the result, the bank also publishes the cut off marks. The cut off is the minimum qualifying marks that candidates must obtain to qualify for the next round. It depends on the following:
- Total Number of Vacancies
- Total Number of Candidates Appeared for the Exam
- Difficulty Level of the Exam
- Candidate’s Scores Obtained in the Exam
Aspirants can check the expected South Indian Bank Clerk cut off marks from the below:
|Total Cutoff Score
(Out of 200)
|130 – 135
|125 – 130
|117 – 122
|115 – 120
Previous Year South Indian Bank Clerk Cut Off
The following are the cut off marks for the South Indian Bank Clerk 2019 recruitment:
(Out of 200)
Section-wise South Indian Bank Clerk Cut Off 2019
Check the sectionw-se cut off from the table below:
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness
|Data Analysis & Interpretation
FAQs on South Indian Bank Clerk 2023
Some of the commonly asked questions related to South Indian Bank Clerk 2023 are given below:
Q: When will the South Indian Bank Clerk application form be released?
Ans: The bank released the application form for South Indian Bank Clerk recruitment on February 01, 2023.
Q: What is the last date to apply online for the South Indian Bank Clerk exam?
Ans: Candidates can apply online for South Indian Bank Clerk until February 12, 2023.
Q: When will the South Indian Bank Clerk exam be conducted?
Ans: The online test for South Indian Bank Clerk will be held on February 18, 2023.
Q: How many questions are asked in the South Indian Bank Clerk exam?
Ans: The online test consists of 100 multiple-choice questions.
Q: What is the selection process for South Indian Bank Clerk?
Ans: The selection process involves two stages, namely an online exam and a personal interview.
Q: How many vacancies are announced for South Indian Bank Clerk recruitment 2023?
Ans: The bank is yet to announce vacancies for 2023. However, SIB announced 385 vacancies for the year 2019.
Q: How much salary does the South Indian Bank Clerk get?
Ans: The initial basic salary of Probationary Clerks in South Indian Bank is Rs. 17,900/-.