BITSAT 2020 – Birla Institute of Technology and Science conducts the admission test namely BITSAT in the month of May. BITSAT 2020 will be conducted in an online mode for admission into Bachelor programme in engineering. Candidates passing the 10+2 level examination are eligible to apply for BITSAT. The online application form is to be filled in order to appear for this three-hour university level examination. Every year around fifty thousand candidates appear for BITSAT out of which approximately fifteen hundred test takers are finally selected by BITS. For complete details on the BITSAT 2020 including the eligibility criteria, application form, paper pattern, test centres and more, read this article further.
BITSAT 2020 – Exam Overview
|Exam Name||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Conducting Body||Birla Institute of Science and Technology, Pilani|
|Commonly known as||BITSAT|
|Programmes covered||Bachelor of Engineering|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
BITSAT 2020 Important Dates
After the candidates decide to appear for BITSAT 2020, they are required to get aware of the entire event schedule related to the BITSAT. First, the candidates are required to apply for the examination, the successful applicants will be able to book the slots and download the admit card, after the download of the admit card candidates can appear for the exam. Afterwards, BITS Pilani will release the result for all the test-takers in an online mode. Check the event calendar regarding all the events related to BITSAT 2020 from the table below.
BITSAT 2020 Event Schedule
|Commencement of application form fillup||1st week of Jan 2020|
|Last Date to submit application form||4th week of Mar 2020|
|BITSAT application form correction||3rd week of Mar 2020|
|Last date for application form correction||1st week of Apr 2020|
|Booking of BITSAT slots||1st – 2nd week of Apr 2020|
|Issuance of admit card||2nd week of Apr – 1st week of May 2020|
|BITSAT exam date||2nd – 3rd week of May 2020|
|BITSAT Score Display||2nd week of May 2020|
|Admit list and waitlist announcement||3rd week of Jun 2020|
Birla Institute of Technology and Science has four campuses. All the campuses of BITS accept the BITSAT score for admission of the candidates. Candidates are required to appear for BITSAT in order to get admission into the campuses available under the BITS. Four campuses of Birla Institute of Technology and Science are as follows:
- BITS Pilani
- BITS Hyderabad
- BITS Goa
- BITS Dubai
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
Once the candidates decide to appear for the BITS admission test, they must fulfil the eligibility criteria laid down by the Institute for admission into BE courses. The BITSAT 2020 application form is to be filled by the candidate only if they fulfil the eligibility criteria. The BITSAT eligibility criteria for admission into BE programmes are mentioned below.
- Candidates who have passed or will be passing the 10+2 level examination are eligible for admission into the B.E. programme from different campuses of BITS and its affiliated institutes.
- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are compulsory subjects to be studied in the 10+2 level education.
- Candidates must have adequate proficiency in English.
Minimum score in qualifying examination:
- A total aggregate of 75% is required in the three compulsory subjects, that is, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Candidates must have secured at least 60% in every subject separately keeping the aggregate greater than or equal to 75%
Key points regarding BITSAT 2020 eligibility criteria
- Candidates appearing in the 10+2 level examination are also eligible to apply for BITSAT 2020, however, the above criteria are to be met mandatorily.
- Candidates who have passed the 10+2 level examination in 2019 are also eligible to apply
- In case the candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12 class examination, the latest performance of the candidate is considered
- Candidates who are presently the students of BITS are not eligible to apply for BITSAT 2020
BITSAT 2020 Application Form
Candidates who are eligible as per the above mentioned eligibility criteria can fill the application form over the official website for BITS admission (bitsadmission.com). The application form is available in an online mode only. No other mode is available for filling the BITSAT 2020 application form. Along with filling out the application form for BITSAT candidates are required to pay an application fee, non-payment of the application fee makes the application form incomplete. Thus, candidates must fill the application form, pay the application fee and submit the same before the last date for the same. Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to fill the online application form.
Steps to fill the BITSAT 2020 application form
- Visit the official website of BITSAT (bitsadmission.com)
- Register for BITSAT 2020
- Fill all the details required in the online application form.
- Upload scanned copies of documents including photograph and signature
- Pay the prescribed application fee
To know how to fill the BITSAT application form – Click here
BITSAT Application Fee 2020
Along with filling the application form, candidates are required to pay the application fee prescribed by the official conducting body for the course applying for. Without the payment of application fee, the BITSAT application form is marked incomplete. Candidates must check and review the details in the application form and pay the application fee before the final submission. The review of the application form is necessary, as it will ensure the submission of correct details in the application form. Although BITS provides the facility for the application form correction, but the candidates may check all the details before the payment of the fee. Also, the review of the application form is necessary as the application fee is non-refundable in nature.
The application fee is different for male and female candidates. Check the application fee for candidates from India and candidates applying for Dubai campus below:
- Male candidates from India – Rs. 3150/-
- Female candidates from India – Rs. 2650/-
- Application Fee for the applicants opting for examination in Dubai – US $ 80 (INR 5600)
The application fee provided above is as per the last year trends, it may or may not change for the BITSAT 2020.
Direct Admission for Board Toppers
BITS offers direct admission to the toppers of the respective board exams. Candidates obtaining the first rank in the board exams will be exempted from appearing in the BITS admission test. The toppers of the board can opt for the programme and the campus of their choice for admission, irrespective of the eligibility criteria laid down by the institute. Candidates will be able to know more about this scheme after the release of the official information brochure.
BITSAT Exam Centre 2020
While filling the application form, candidates need to select the preferences of the BITSAT 2020 exam centres. Candidates can enter three preferences in the application form in case they choose the centre in India. If the candidate chooses the exam centre in Dubai, the application fee for the respective candidate changes.
Candidates will not be able to change the exam centre after the final allotment of the exam centre is done. Thus, the candidates must fill the preferences in the application form where they wish to appear for the examination.
BITSAT 2020 Slot Booking
After filling the application form, all the successful applicants are given an opportunity to book the slots. The BITSAT 2020 will be conducted in multiple slots within different exam centres, candidates need to select the exam date and the slot. Candidates can complete the slot booking process over the official website. In order to complete the slot booking, candidates are required to access the login window available for this purpose at the official website (bitsadmission.com). BITS Pilani allots the exam centre to the applicants on a first come first serve basis. Thus, candidates are required to book the desired slot as soon as the process for the same is initiated. Allocating different slots to the candidate will ensure smooth functioning of the BITSAT 2020. Also, allotment of the desired slot to the candidate will make it easier for the candidate to appear for the exam without any stress.
BITSAT Admit Card 2020
After booking the slots, candidates are able to download the BITSAT 2020 admit card. The BITSAT admit card is available for download over the official website of BITS admission (bitrsadmission.com). In order to download the BITSAT admit card candidates need to log in at the window released by BITS for this purpose. Candidates are required to carry the printed copy of the admit card on the examination day. No candidate is allowed to enter the exam hall without the production of the admit card. The identity of the candidate is subject to verification using the BITSAT admit card. Thus, candidates must ensure that all the details on the BITSAT admit card are correct in all aspects. Candidates will have to use the application number, email address, gender and date of birth to download the BITSAT admit card.
BITSAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Once the candidate decides to appear for the BITSAT 2020, they must start with the preparation process. Here are some important tips, candidates can follow to crack the exam. These tips have been past year toppers and some of the experts.
- Knowing the details: When the BITSAT preparation is initiated by the candidate, they are required to know the details of the examination. Knowing the details of the examination includes knowing the exam pattern and the syllabus. Candidates can start preparing according to the details of the exam.
- Plan and strategize: Once the candidates know the syllabus and the exam pattern, they can plan according to their capability in each of the topics included in the syllabus. Preparation strategy for the exam is different for every test taker, as different candidates face different difficulties in the syllabus.
- Start with the studying: Candidates can start studying after they have a plan for the preparation. Candidates must check the syllabus and cover every topic from every part according to the plan. This is the main step included in the preparation.
- Create short notes: After the candidate has a plan and starts the studying part, they must create short notes for the topics they study. These notes are helpful for the last minute preparation by the candidate.
- Practice past question papers and mock tests: The exam pattern for the BITSAT can be known by the candidate here, however, for a detailed analysis of the exam pattern, candidates must practice from the past year question paper and mock test. Not only this will help in knowing the exam pattern, but this will also help in knowing the important topics of the examination.
- Stay Healthy and take breaks: Candidates do not want to quit the preparation while in the process, thus, they need to stay fit. Candidates must eat healthily and drink plenty of water, this will ensure the healthy life of the candidate. Also, the candidate must take proper breaks in between the preparation process. This will ensure that the candidates do not get frustrated while studying.
- Revision: This is the most important part of the preparation, in this part of the preparation process, the short notes created by the candidate will have the role. These short notes help in the revision before the exam.
BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
As soon as the candidate decide to appear for the BITSAT 2020, they must start the preparation for the exam. The preparation for the BITSAT 2020 is initiated by knowing the details of the examination. Details of the exam include the exam pattern for BITSAT. Candidates can check the BITSAT 2020 exam pattern in brief here below.
- Mode of Examination: Computer-based test (online)
- Type of Question: Multiple Choice Questions (Objective type)
- Medium: English only
- Number of Sections: 4
- Duration: Three hours
- Number of Questions: 150
- Maximum marks: 450
- Marking Scheme: correct response yields 3 marks, incorrect response leads to deduction of 1 mark
Distribution of Questions: Questions in the examination among all the sections are distributed as mentioned below:
Section-wise distribution of Questions
|Name of Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Part I – Physics||40||120|
|Part II – Chemistry||40||120|
|Part III (a) – English Proficiency||15||45|
|Part III (b) – Logical Reasoning||10||30|
|Part IV – Mathematics||45||135|
BITSAT 2020 Syllabus
Along with the exam pattern, one of the detail that the candidates are required to know is the BITSAT syllabus. Candidates need to complete the preparation according to the syllabus in order to qualify the examination. The BITSAT exam is divided into four parts, these four parts are categorised for different subjects
BITSAT 2020 Result
Birla Institute of Technology and Science will release the score of the BITSAT 2020 next day of the examination. The score can be checked by the candidate by visiting the official website of BITSAT (bitsadmission.com). Candidates need to log in using the credentials such as hall ticket number, registration number and more. A common merit list for BITSAT is released after the examination for all the slots is over. This merit list is compiled from the scores of the candidate sin BITSAT and 12th class scores, that are submitted by the candidates as per the schedule. Candidates having their name in the merit list are eligible for admission in the various campuses of BITS. The candidates will get admission as per the cutoffs released for different campuses.
BITSAT Cutoff 2019- 2020
Admission into the Birla Institute of Technology and Science is based on the BITSAT cut-off score released by BITS Pilani. The cutoff score refers to the minimum marks the candidate requires for admission into different campuses of BITS. After the release of the result, the cutoff score for every campus will be released. Before the release of the BITSAT 2020 cutoff, candidates can check the BITSAT cutoff for 2018 from the table below.
Previous Year BITSAT Cut Off for Pilani Campus
|B.E. branches at Pilani Campus||Cut-off score|
|Electrical & Electronics||338|
|Electronics & Instrumentation||319|
Previous Year BITSAT Cut Off for Goa Campus
|B.E. branches at Goa Campus||Cut-off score|
|Electrical and Electronics||308|
|Electronics & Instrumentation||289|
|Electronics & Communication||314|
Previous Year BITSAT Cut Off for Hyderabad Campus
|B.E. branches at Hyderabad Campus||Cut-off score|
|Electrical and Electronics||298|
|Electronics & Communication||312|
|Electronics & Instrumentation||286|
BITSAT 2020 FAQs
Every year candidates come across various queries regarding the Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test. Here are some of the frequently asked questions regarding BITSAT.
Q1. Who conducts the BITSAT?
A1. BITSAT is conducted by Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani.
Q2. Does the exam pattern for BITSAT differ for the course you are applying for?
A2. The exam pattern for BITSAT remains the same for every course candidates apply for except B.Pharma. Candidates applying for B.Pharma will have to appear for Biology instead of Mathematics.
Q3. Is BITSAT difficult as compared to JEE Main?
A3. No, BITSAT is easier as compared to JEE Main, however, BITSAT is also a competitive examination.
Q4. What is the mode of BITSAT?
A4. BITSAT is conducted in an online mode only.
Q5. Is there any negative marking in BITSAT?
A5. Yes, BITSAT has negative marking for incorrect responses marked by the candidate. A negative marking of 1 mark is applicable for BITSAT.
Q6. What if I have forgotten to book the BITSAT slots?
A6. BITS will book the slots for candidates who have forgotten to complete the slot booking process.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for latest news and updates on BITSAT 2020.266 Views