BITSAT 2020: Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani has announced the BITs exam dates. BITSAT 2020 will now be conducted from September 16 to 23, 2020. Earlier the exam was scheduled to be conducted from Aug 6 to 10, 2020, but has now been postponed after analyzing the COVID-19 situation in the country. BITSAT 2020 will be conducted in online mode for admission into Bachelor courses in engineering.
BITSAT application form correction window was open from 15th to 20th May 2020. Every year around fifty thousand candidates appear for BITSAT out of which approximately fifteen hundred test takers are finally selected by BITS. Continue reading this article to get the complete details on the BITSAT 2020 including the eligibility criteria, application form, paper pattern, test centres and more.
BITSAT 2020 exam dates have been announced. The exam will now be conducted on 16th, 17th, 18th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd September, 2020.
BITSAT 2020 Exam Overview
Before we go deeper into the details of BITSAT 2020, let’s take a quick look at the exam overview:
|Exam Name||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Conducting Body||Birla Institute of Science and Technology, Pilani|
|Commonly Known As||BITSAT|
|Programmes Covered||Bachelor of Engineering|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
BITSAT 2020 Exam Date
After the candidates decide to appear for BITSAT 2020, we advise them to be aware of the complete schedule of the exam. First, the candidates are required to apply for the examination, the successful applicants will be able to book the slots and download the admit card, after the download of the admit card candidates can appear for the exam.
After which BITS Pilani will release the result for all the test-takers in an online mode. Check the event calendar regarding all the events related to BITSAT 2020 from the table below:
|Events||Important Dates for BITSAT 2020|
|Commencement of application form fillup||January 11, 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||May 5, 2020|
|BITSAT application form correction||May 15, 2020|
|Last date for application form correction||May 20, 2020 (Till 5.00 PM)|
|Booking of BITSAT slots||To be Announced|
|Issuance of admit card||To be Announced|
|BITSAT exam date||September 16th – 18th & 21st to 23rd|
|BITSAT Score Display||To be Announced|
|Admit list and waitlist announcement||To be Announced|
Birla Institute of Technology and Science has four campuses. All the campuses of BITS accept the BITSAT score for admission of the candidates. Candidates are required to appear for BITSAT in order to get admission into the campuses available under the BITS. Four campuses of Birla Institute of Technology and Science are as follows:
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- BITS Hyderabad
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Goa
- BITS Dubai
As the BITSAT application dates are over, you can view the eligibility and how to apply sections at the last.
Direct Admission For Board Toppers
BITS offers direct admission to the toppers of the respective board exams. Candidates obtaining the first rank in the board exams will be exempted from appearing in the BITS admission test. The toppers of the board can opt for the programme and the campus of their choice for admission, irrespective of the eligibility criteria laid down by the institute. Candidates will be able to know more about this scheme after the release of the official information brochure.
BITSAT 2020 Slot Booking
After filling the application form, all the successful applicants are given an opportunity to book the slots. The BITSAT 2020 will be conducted in multiple slots within different exam centres, candidates need to select the exam date and the slot. Candidates can complete the slot booking process over the official website. In order to complete the slot booking, candidates are required to access the login window available for this purpose at the official website (bitsadmission.com).
BITS Pilani allots the exam centre to the applicants on a first come first serve basis. Thus, candidates are required to book the desired slot as soon as the process for the same is initiated. Allocating different slots to the candidate will ensure the smooth functioning of the BITSAT 2020. Also, allotment of the desired slot to the candidate will make it easier for the candidate to appear for the exam without any stress.
BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
As soon as the candidate decide to appear for the BITSAT 2020, they must start the preparation for the exam. The preparation for the BITSAT 2020 is initiated by knowing the details of the examination. Candidates can check the exam pattern in brief here:
- Mode of Examination: Computer-based test (online)
- Type of Question: Multiple Choice Questions (Objective type)
- Medium: English only
- Number of Sections: 4
- Duration: Three hours
- Number of Questions: 150
- Maximum marks: 450
- Marking Scheme: correct response yields 3 marks, incorrect response leads to deduction of 1 mark
Distribution of Questions: Questions in the examination among all the sections are distributed as mentioned below:
Section-wise Distribution of Questions
|Name of Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Part I – Physics||40||120|
|Part II – Chemistry||40||120|
|Part III (a) – English Proficiency||15||45|
|Part III (b) – Logical Reasoning||10||30|
|Part IV – Mathematics||45||135|
BITSAT 2020 Syllabus
Along with the exam pattern, one of the detail that the candidates are required to know is the BITSAT syllabus. Candidates need to complete the preparation according to the syllabus in order to qualify the examination. The BITSAT exam is divided into four parts, these four parts are categorized for different subjects:
- English & Logical Reasoning
BITSAT Preparation Tips
Once the candidate decides to appear for the BITSAT 2020, they must start with the preparation process. Here are some important tips, candidates can follow to crack the exam. These tips have been past year toppers and some of the experts.
- Knowing the details: When the BITSAT preparation is initiated by the candidate, they are required to know the details of the examination. Knowing the details of the examination includes knowing the exam pattern and the syllabus. Candidates can start preparing according to the details of the exam.
- Plan and strategize: Once the candidates know the syllabus and the exam pattern, they can plan according to their capability in each of the topics included in the syllabus. The preparation strategy for the exam is different for every test taker, as different candidates face different difficulties in the syllabus.
- Start with the studying: Candidates can start studying after they have a plan for the preparation. Candidates must check the syllabus and cover every topic from every part according to the plan. This is the main step included in the preparation.
- Create short notes: After the candidate has a plan and starts the studying part, they must create short notes for the topics they study. These notes are helpful for last-minute preparation by the candidate.
- Practice past question papers and mock tests: The exam pattern for the BITSAT can be known by the candidate here, however, for a detailed analysis of the exam pattern, candidates must practice from the past year question paper and mock test. Not only this will help in knowing the exam pattern, but this will also help in knowing the important topics of the examination.
- Stay Healthy and take breaks: Candidates do not want to quit the preparation while in the process, thus, they need to stay fit. Candidates must eat healthily and drink plenty of water, this will ensure the healthy life of the candidate. Also, the candidate must take proper breaks in between the preparation process. This will ensure that the candidates do not get frustrated while studying.
- Revision: This is the most important part of the preparation, in this part of the preparation process, the short notes created by the candidate will have the role. These short notes help in the revision before the exam.
BITSAT Admit Card 2020
After booking the slots, candidates will be able to download the BITSAT admit card. The admit card will be available for download over the official website of BITS admission (bitrsadmission.com). In order to download the BITSAT admit card candidates need to log in at the window released by BITS for this purpose. Candidates are required to carry the printed copy of the admit card on the examination day.
No candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall without the production of the admit card. The identity of the candidate is subject to verification using the admit card. Thus, candidates must ensure that all the details on the admit card are correct in all aspects. Candidates will have to use the application number, email address, gender and date of birth to download the BITSAT admit card.
BITSAT Exam Centre 2020
While filling the application form, candidates need to select the preferences of the BITSAT 2020 exam centres. Candidates can enter three preferences in the application form in case they choose the centre in India. If the candidate chooses the exam centre in Dubai, the application fee for the respective candidate changes.
Candidates will not be able to change the exam centre after the final allotment of the exam centre is done. Thus, the candidates must fill the preferences in the application form where they wish to appear for the examination.
BITSAT Result 2020
Birla Institute of Technology and Science will release the score of the BITSAT 2020 next day of the examination. The score can be checked by the candidate by visiting the official website of BITSAT (bitsadmission.com). Candidates need to log in using the credentials such as hall ticket number, registration number and more.
A common merit list for BITSAT is released after the examination for all the slots is over. This merit list is compiled from the scores of the candidate sin BITSAT and 12th class scores, that are submitted by the candidates as per the schedule. Candidates having their name in the merit list are eligible for admission in the various campuses of BITS. The candidates will get admission as per the cutoffs released for different campuses.
BITSAT Cutoff 2020
Admission into the Birla Institute of Technology and Science is based on the BITSAT cut-off score released by BITS Pilani. The cutoff score refers to the minimum marks the candidate requires for admission into different campuses of BITS. After the release of the result, the cutoff score for every campus will be released. Before the release of the BITSAT 2020 cutoff, candidates can check the BITSAT cutoff for 2019 from the table below.
Previous Year BITSAT Cut Off for Pilani Campus
|B.E. branches at Pilani Campus||Cut-off score|
|Electrical & Electronics||341|
|Electronics & Instrumentation||328|
Previous Year BITSAT Cut Off for Goa Campus
|B.E. branches at Goa Campus||Cut-off score|
|Electrical and Electronics||310|
|Electronics & Instrumentation||284|
|Electronics & Communication||322|
Previous Year BITSAT Cut Off for Hyderabad Campus
|B.E. branches at Hyderabad Campus||Cut-off score|
|Electrical and Electronics||308|
|Electronics & Communication||318|
|Electronics & Instrumentation||294|
If you want to appear for BITSAT 2021 (next year), then you can go through the eligibility and how to apply for the BITS from the next section.
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
Once the candidates decide to appear for the BITS admission test, they must fulfil the eligibility criteria laid down by the Institute for admission into BE courses. The BITSAT 2020 application form is to be filled by the candidate only if they fulfil the eligibility criteria. The BITSAT eligibility criteria for admission into BE programmes are mentioned below.
- Candidates who have passed or will be passing the 10+2 level examination are eligible for admission into the B.E. programme from different campuses of BITS and its affiliated institutes.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are compulsory subjects to be studied in the 10+2 level education.
- Candidates must have adequate proficiency in English.
The minimum score in qualifying examination
- A total aggregate of 75% is required in the three compulsory subjects, that is, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- Candidates must have secured at least 60% in every subject separately keeping the aggregate greater than or equal to 75%
Key points regarding BITSAT 2020 eligibility criteria
- Candidates appearing in the 10+2 level examination are also eligible to apply for BITSAT 2020, however, the above criteria are to be met mandatorily.
- Candidates who have passed the 10+2 level examination in 2019 are also eligible to apply.
- In case the candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12 class examination, the latest performance of the candidate is considered
- Candidates who are presently the students of BITS are not eligible to apply for the exam.
BITSAT 2020 Application Form
Candidates who are eligible as per the above-mentioned eligibility criteria can fill the application form over the official website for BITS admission (bitsadmission.com). The application form is available in online mode only. No other mode is available for filling the BITSAT 2020 application form.
Along with filling out the application form for BITSAT candidates are required to pay an application fee, the non-payment of the application fee makes the application form incomplete. Thus, candidates must fill the application form, pay the application fee and submit the same before the last date for the same. Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to fill the online application form.
Steps to fill the BITSAT 2020 application form
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website of BITSAT (bitsadmission.com)
- – 2nd Step: Register for BITSAT 2020.
- – 3rd Step: Fill all the details required in the online application form.
- – 4th Step: Upload scanned copies of documents including photograph and signature.
- – 5th Step: Pay the prescribed application fee.
BITSAT Application Fee 2020
Along with filling the application form, candidates are required to pay the application fee prescribed by the official conducting body for the course applying for. Without the payment of the application fee, the BITSAT application form is marked incomplete. Candidates must check and review the details in the application form and pay the application fee before the final submission.
The review of the application form is necessary, as it will ensure the submission of correct details in the application form. Although BITS provides the facility for the application form correction, the candidates may check all the details before the payment of the fee. Also, the review of the application form is necessary as the application fee is non-refundable in nature.
The application fee is different for male and female candidates. Check the application fee for candidates from India and candidates applying for Dubai campus below:
- Male candidates from India – Rs. 3300/-
- Female candidates from India – Rs. 2800/-
- Application Fee for the applicants opting for examination in Dubai – US $ 90(INR 6300)
Important FAQs Related To BITSAT 2020
Every year candidates come across various queries regarding the Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test. Here are some of the frequently asked questions regarding BITSAT:
Ans: BITSAT is conducted by Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani to facilitate admissions to various engineering programmes offered by different BITS campuses throughout the country.
Ans: As per the latest announcement, the BITSAT 2020 exam will be conducted from September 16th – 18th & 21st to 23rd, 2020.
Ans: The exam pattern for BITSAT remains the same for every course, except for the candidates applying for B.Pharma. Candidates applying for B.Pharma will have to appear for Biology instead of Mathematics.
Ans: No, BITSAT is easier as compared to JEE Main, however, BITSAT is also a competitive examination.
Ans: BITSAT is conducted in an online mode only.
Ans: Yes, BITSAT has negative marking for incorrect responses marked by the candidate. A negative marking of 1 mark is applicable for BITSAT.
Ans: BITS will book the slots for candidates who have forgotten to complete the slot booking process.
Ans: The BITSAT 2020 exams have been announced. The exam will be conducted on September 16, 17, 18, 21, 22 and 23.
If you subscribe to RANKUP, you will get test analysis after every test which will pinpoint your weaknesses and tell you exactly where you need to improve. Furthermore, it will guide you in improving your test-taking skills by helping you improve your time management skills and question selection. It will also improve your academic knowledge. You can also solve important BITSAT practice questions and take free online BITSAT Mock Tests.
We hope this article on BITSAT 2020 helps you. If you have any questions or queries about the exam, post a comment below and we will surely assist you by answering each and every one of your query.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for the latest news and updates on BITSAT 2020.1258 Views