GUJCET 2020: The Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) has reopened the GUJCET application form till August 7, 2020. It’s a brilliant opportunity for candidates who have missed applying for GUJCET 2020 Exam. Moreover, the officials have announced GUJCET revised exam dates. GUJCET 2020 will be conducted on August 24 and will be an offline exam.
The Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET) is a state-level exam which is conducted every year for admission to engineering, technology, and pharmacy courses in various colleges in the state of Gujarat. All government, self-financed and other colleges in the state of Gujarat participate in this exam for selection of candidates. Over 1.5 lakh candidates appear for the exam every year. In this article, we will tell you the complete information about GUJCET 2020 as well as the important dates, how to apply, pattern, admit card, and more. Continue reading this article to know more.
- – (i). GUJCET 2020 will be conducted on August 24. Candidates can start downloading their admit cards from August 14, 2020.
- – (ii). GUJCET 2020 Application Window has been extended till August 14, 2020. Apply for GUJCET 2020 here.
- – (iii). The registrations for GUJCET Counselling has already been started.
GUJCET 2020 Overview
Before we get into the details of GUJCET 2020, let’s take a quick look at an overview of the exam:
|Exam Name||Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET)|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB)|
|Type of Exam||Entrance Exam|
|Level of Examination||State-level exam|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech / B.E, B.Pharma|
|Duration of Course||4 – 5 Years|
|Number of Participating Institutes||110+|
GUJCET 2020 New Exam Date
In this section, we have mentioned the important dates for GUJCET 2020. This will help you keep track of the exam so that you don’t miss out on any important events of GUJCET 2020:
|Opening Date of Registration||January 21, 2020|
|Closing Date of Registration (without late fee)||February 15, 2020|
|Last date of GUJCET 2020 Application form (with late fee)||February 19, 2020|
|GUJCET 2020 Application Form Reopened||July 18 – August 7, 2020|
|Release of GUJCET Admit Card||August 14, 2020 (Tentative)|
|Exam Date||August 24, 2020|
|Registration for Counselling||July 13, 2020 Onwards |
|Release of Answer Key||To Be Notified|
|Release of Provisional Merit List||To Be Notified|
|Final Merit List||To Be Notified|
|Release of Allotment List||To Be Notified|
GUJCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the exam aspiring candidates must go through the GUJCET eligibility criteria:
- Nationality: Candidates of Indian Nationality are eligible for the exam.
- State of Domicile: Candidates must be residents of Gujarat. Residents of Gujarat residing outside the state can also appear for the exam.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have passed Class 12 board exams from a recognized board. Candidates who have appeared for the Class 12 board exams in 2020 can also appear for this exam.
- Subjects in Qualifying Exam: For Engineering courses, candidates must pass Physics and Maths as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational subjects in the qualifying exam. For Pharmacy courses, candidates must pass Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with Biology/Mathematics/Biotechnology.
- Marks in Qualifying Exam: Candidates must pass the qualifying exam with at least 45 percent marks (General/OBC). For SC/ST/SEBC categories, the minimum percentage required is 40 percent.
How To Apply For GUJCET 2020?
GUJCET application form will only be available in online mode on the official website. You have to follow the steps below in order to successfully apply for the GUJCET 2020 exam:
- Registration: Go to the official website at gujcet.gseb.org. Click on “Click Here For New Candidate Registration”. Enter the required details and click on “Register”.
- Login: Now login using your mobile number, password and captcha code. Now fill your application form for the required sections of your personal, academic and contact details.
- Payment of fee: Next, candidates will have to pay the application fee of GUJCET 2020 through online payment mode. A payment of Rs. 300 will be allowed through SBI Epay System (credit card, debit card or net banking). The late fee is Rs. 1500 (Rs. 300 + Rs. 1200).
- Uploading of documents: Candidates will have to upload the scanned photograph and signature. Please note that the size of attachments should be between 5KB and 50KB in jpg or jpeg format with a dimension of 120 x 120 px.
- Submission of Filled Application Form: You will be shown a preview of your GUJCET application form. Go through the details once again. If there are changes to be made, do it. Otherwise, click on Submit. You can note down your application number for your reference.
GUJCET 2020 Exam Pattern
GUJCET exam will be conducted only in the offline mode. The question paper will have three languages – English, Hindi, and Gujarati. The different sections of the exam are tabulated below:
|Sections||Total No. Questions||Total Marks|
|Mathematics (for Engineering) / Biology (for Pharmacy)||40||40|
NOTE: The total time duration for the exam is 3 hours. There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
GUJCET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of GUJCET 2020 is the same as the syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and Biology of Class 11 and 12 as recommended by the state board of Gujarat. Candidates must finish the syllabus thoroughly and solve as many questions as possible along with the last 5-6 years’ questions for every chapter in order to score well in the exam. The complete syllabus can be checked as under:
GUJCET Syllabus 2020: Physics
- Dual Nature of Radiation & Matter
- Communication System
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Wave Optics
- Magnetism & Matter
- Electric Charge & Electric Field
- Electrostatic Potential & Capacitance
- Semi-Conductor Electronics
- Electro-Magnetic Waves
- Ray Optics
- Magnetic Effect of Electric Current
- Current Electricity
- Alternating Current
GUJCET 2020 Syllabus: Chemistry
- Complex Salts or Co-ordination Compound
- Phenols and Ethers
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Surface Chemistry
- f Block Elements
- Chemical Kinetics
- Solid State
- P-Block Elements – II
- Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Halo Alkanes and Halo Arenes
- General Principles & Processes of Isolation of Elements
GUJCET Syllabus 2020: Mathematics
- Sets, Relations & Functions
- Indefinite Integration
- Matrices Determinants
- Permutation & Combination
- Theory of Equations
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Definite Integration
- Complex Numbers
GUJCET Admit Card 2020
GSHSEB will release the admit card of GUJCET 2020 in online mode tentatively on August 14, 2020. The admit cards will be issued only to those candidates who have successfully filled the application form and applied for the exam. Candidates will have to login using their User ID and Password to download their admit cards.
The GUJCET 2020 admit card will serve an important piece of document without which candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall. The admit card will bear all the necessary information, like the name of the candidate, registration number, exam applied for, exam center, exam date, exam time, and other guidelines. Moreover, candidates must preserve the admit cards safely with them until the end of the counselling process.
GUJCET 2020 Cutoff
The Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) will issue the cut off of GUJCET on the official website only. The exam officials will prepare and use cutoff as a screening process for counselling further rounds of the admission process.
The cut off contains the opening and closing ranks for admission. GUJCET Cutoff will be released after the exam is conducted based on the following factors:
- Number of candidates who appeared for the exam
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Number of seats available
We will be updating the official cutoff details as soon as they are declared by the exam authorities.
GUJCET Answer Key
GUJCET official answer key will be released by the official authority after the exam is conducted. First, the exam officials will publish the preliminary answer key after the completion of the examination. Candidates will be able to calculate their score once the official answer key is released and predict the college and branch they are likely to get with this score.
The exam authorities will receive challenges against the provisional answer key of GUJCET 2020 for a specified time period. Candidates will have to pay Rs. 500 for every objection. The final answer key will be released by GSHSEB after considering all the objections.
GUJCET 2020 Result
GUJCET 2020 result is likely to be released on the official website The result will be made available on the official website. The direct link to check your GUJCET result will be provided here once the result is declared.
Based on the percentile score secured by the candidates in the Class 12 board exams (theory) and entrance exam, the GUJCET merit list will be created. 60 percentage weightage will be given to the board exams while GUJCET 2020 will have 40 percent weightage. There will be a separate merit list for candidates belonging to different categories.
GUJCET Counselling 2020
GUJCET counselling will be conducted by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC), Gujarat in the online mode. The registration process for the GUJCET 2020 counselling and seat allotment has already been started. To register for the counselling, go to the website of ACPC at gujacpc.nic.in and enter the details of your choice filling and locking. The final allotment will be done on the basis of merit rank and choices filled by the candidates. Once you get provisional allotment, you will have to report at the venue in person along with all relevant documents for document verification.
GUJCET 2020 Counselling: Documents Required
Candidates will have to submit the following documents at the time of GUJCET counselling:
- Class 10 (SSC) Mark Sheet
- Class 12 (HSC) Mark Sheet
- Certificate of Physical Disability
- Transfer Certificate / School Leaving Certificate
- Caste/Category Certificate
- Income Certificate
NOTE: Candidates must bring original as well as photocopies of the above documents.
As GUJCET is a highly competitive exam and to ensure you get into one of the top colleges in Gujarat, you must score as high as possible. Clearing the cutoff alone is not enough. You must finish the Class 11 and 12 Syllabus thoroughly from the books recommended by the Gujarat state board. Solving previous year questions and JEE practice questions are highly recommended.
Once you have finished the whole syllabus, make sure to take GUJCET mock tests on Embibe and make the best use of the Advanced Test Analysis to identify your weak areas and forming up an impressive test-taking strategy.
We hope this article on GUJCET 2020 helps you. If you have any queries related to the examination, please leave a comment below. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Embibe wishes you good luck for GUJCET 2020!630 Views