SBI Clerk Syllabus 2020: SBI has released the SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020 notification for Junior Associates (Customer Support and Sales). As per the official website of SBI, the job notice is for more than 8000 vacancies. If you have finished applying for SBI Clerk, the next thing should be to check out the SBI Clerk Syllabus based on the latest SBI Clerk exam pattern. Once, you have grasped a clear idea about the syllabus, you can start with your SBI Clerk preparation. In this article, we are going to talk about all the details concerned with SBI Clerk Prelims and Mains syllabus.
SBI Clerk Exam Overview
Before getting into the details of full syllabus, let’s take a quick overview of SBI Clerk.
The selection process will consist of two online exams, i.e. Preliminary & Main Examination, and a test of specified opted local language.
- Stage-1: SBI Clerk Preliminary Exam
- Stage-2: SBI Clerk Main Exam
- Stage-3: Document Verification & Test of Local Language
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern For Preliminary Stage
The dedicated time duration for SBI Clerk Preliminary exam is one-hour and has three sections (each section of 20 minutes) as tabulated below. Previously, the Preliminary round was not separately timed. For every correct answer, you will get +1 mark. For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
|Section||Total Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning ability||35||35||20 minutes|
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern For Mains Stage
The Mains exam has four sections with all the sections separately timed. The total duration of the exam is 2 hours and 40 minutes with total questions as 190.
|Section||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 Hours 40 Minutes|
- Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark.
- For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
As you can see, all the three sections of SBI Clerk Prelims are there in Mains too. This becomes essential to gear up for your prelims preparation. There are two additional sections in Mains, namely, General/Financial Awareness and Computer Aptitude (merged with the Reasoning Ability section). These rounds test your mental ability with your awareness aptitude. It is important to note that the SBI Clerk syllabus of the three common sections is, therefore, the same for both Prelims and Mains.
SBI Clerk Syllabus | Section-wise Important Topics
In this section, we will talk about the detailed SBI Clerk syllabus 2020 and important topics for each section.
SBI Clerk Important Topics For Numerical Ability (Quantitative Aptitude)
This section requires basic mathematical knowledge up to Class X level. You can ace this section if you remember all the formulas, core concepts and practice regularly to master the application of the formulas.
- Number Series
- Quadratic Equations
- Time and Work
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Ratio and Proportion
- Number Systems
- Surds and Indices
- Boats and Streams
- Permutations and Combinations
- Mixtures and Alligations
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Data Interpretation – Tables, Pie Charts, Bar Graphs, Line Graphs, etc.
SBI Clerk Important Topics For Reasoning Ability
This section tests your ability to solve verbal and non-verbal reasoning questions. Understanding the theory and regular practice is very important to master this section.
- Data Sufficiency
- Statement and Argument
- Statement and Assumption
- Assertion and Reasoning
- Circular and Linear Sitting Arrangements
- Blood Relations
- Coding and Decoding
- Directions and Distance
- Order and Ranking
- Coded Inequalities
SBI Clerk Important Topics For General English
This section tests your basic reading/writing skills and how you are confident in the English language. You must understand the basics of English grammar in order to do well in this section.
- Vocabulary – Antonyms and Synonyms
- Sentence Completion
- Basic English Grammar – Tenses, Articles, Prepositions, Subject-Verb Agreement, Parts of Speech, etc.
- Reading Comprehension
- Error Spotting
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Rearrangement or Para Jumbles
- Phrases and Idioms
- Fill in the Blanks
- Spell Checks
SBI Clerk Important Topics For General Awareness
This section tests your General Knowledge. So, you need to read newspapers/magazines regularly and stay updated with the current affairs about the world. This section involves a lot of things to remember.
- Current Affairs – Sports, Technology, Books and Authors, Awards, National and International Events, Defence, Summits, etc.
- Indian Constitution
- Economics News
- Financial Awareness (Railway Budget, Union Budget, etc.)
- Banking Awareness – History, RBI Guidelines, Banking Terms, Abbreviations, etc.
SBI Clerk Important Topics For Computer Aptitude
This section tests your basic knowledge of computer hardware and software. Spending an hour daily would be enough to complete this section.
- Generations of Computer
- Computer Fundamentals and Terminologies, Hardware and Software, Memory and Storages, Input and Output Devices, etc.
- Operating System
- Internet and Networking
- MS Office – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, etc.
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Computer Abbreviations
- Basic security Concepts
Best Preparation Books For SBI Clerk 2020
In order to prepare for the SBI Clerk, you need to have the right preparation materials in the form of good books. Given below are the list of top books dedicated for each section and is recommended by top teachers and toppers:
SBI Clerk Books For Numerical Ability
- Quantum CAT by Sarvesh Kumar Verma
- Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma
SBI Clerk Books For the English Language
- English Grammar by Wren and Martin
- Objective English by S.P Bakshi
- Word Power made easy by Norman Lewis
SBI Clerk Books For Reasoning Ability
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- Test of Reasoning by Edgar Thorpe
SBI Clerk Books For Computer Aptitude
- Lucent’s Computer by Rani Ahilya
- Objective Computer Awareness by Somya Ranjan Behera
SBI Clerk Books For General/Financial Awareness
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- Banking and Economic Awareness by Rakesh Kumar
- Banking, Financial & General Awareness by I K Pavel
Important FAQs Related To SBI Clerk Syllabus
Given below we have answered some frequently asked questions regarding SBI Clerk Syllabus 2020.
1. Is Differentiation and Integration a part of syllabus?
A: The maths syllabus is based specifically up to the class 10 level. No, differentiation and integration is not a part of SBI Clerk syllabus.
2. Will there be any negative marking in Prelims exam?
A: Yes, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
3. What is the best books for general awareness?
A: The top books recommended by our experts for preparing General Awareness are: Lucent’s General Knowledge, Banking and Economic Awareness by Rakesh Kumar and Banking, Financial & General Awareness by I K Pavel
Once you have gone through the entire syllabus, start attempting SBI Clerk mock tests and analyze them. This will help you to identify the areas that you are weak and what areas do you have to work. Work on them and improve yourself. Also, improve your time management and question selection skills to benefit in your favour.
FREE Online SBI Clerk Mains Mock Tests Available on Embibe:
- SBI Clerk Mains Mock Test 1
- SBI Clerk Mains Mock Test 2
- SBI Clerk Mains Mock Test 3
- SBI Clerk Mains Mock Test 4
- SBI Clerk Mains Mock Test 5
We strongly believe that your SBI Clerk preparation will be simple and effective once you have completed all your mock tests.
We hope that this detailed article on SBI Clerk Syllabus helps you in preparing for your SBI Clerk exam. For any query related to SBI Clerk, drop a comment below and we will surely assist you.296 Views