SSC CGL Mock Tests 2023: Are you aspiring to clear the SSC CGL exam? Don't know where to start? Well, look no further; this article...
SSC CGL Exam Dates 2023: Tier 1 Exam Schedule, Important EventsAugust 11, 2023
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus 2023: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has specified the new exam pattern and syllabus for SSC CGL Tier 2 exam. Candidates who intend to prepare for this exam can check the revised syllabus from the official website. They can also check the detailed syllabus on this page. However, they must follow the latest syllabus to maximise their chances of clearing this exam.
|Subjects||Practice SSC CGL Tier 2 Unlimited Questions with Solution|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Practice SSC CGL Tier 2 Quantitative Aptitude Questions|
|English Language & Comprehension||Practice SSC CGL Tier 2 English Language & Comprehension Questions|
**Steps to practice unlimited SSC CGL Tier 2 questions are given in this article below.
Knowing the syllabus will help candidates focus on important topics for the exam. Furthermore, it will prevent them from wasting time on unimportant topics. It will help to boost applicants’ confidence and aid in prioritising topics and improving weaker sections. Read on to find out the topics covered in the Tier 2 syllabus.
To build a full-proof strategy to obtain high marks in the Tier 2 exam, applicants must be aware of the latest exam pattern, as well as a detailed syllabus. Before proceeding with the latest syllabus, let us have an overview of the SSC CGL Recruitment for Tier 2 below:
|Tier 2 (Paper 1, 2, 3)||Paper 1 (Compulsory for all posts), |
Paper 2 for candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and
Paper 3 for candidates applying for the Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer posts.
Objective type, multiple choice questions, except for Module-2 of Section-3 of Paper-1
Candidates should check the revised SSC CGL exam pattern as it will help them get familiar with the question paper pattern. Furthermore, they learn about the subjects, type, number of questions, duration, and marking scheme. Check the revised Tier 2 exam pattern below:
The detailed SSC CGL Tier 2 exam pattern for Paper 1 is provided below, along with the revisions made by SSC this year:
No. of Questions
Reasoning and General Intelligence
English Language and Comprehension
Computer Knowledge Test
Data Entry Speed Test
One Data Entry Task
The detailed SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern for Papers 2 & 3 is provided below:
|Paper||Section||No. of Question||Maximum Marks|
|Paper 3||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
Note- Tier-2 will have a negative marking of 1 for each incorrect answer in Papers 1, 2, and 3.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to practice unlimited SSC CGL Tier 1 questions at Embibe:
Following the preliminary exam, candidates must prepare for Tier 2 of the SSC CGL 2023 exam. Except for Module-2 (Data Entry Speed Test) of Section-3 of Paper-1, the Mains exam will be administered online and will be an objective multiple-choice exam. Candidates can find the latest syllabus on ssc.nic.in. However, they can go through the subject-wise syllabus below:
Module-1 of Session-1 of Paper-1 (Mathematical Abilities)
|Number Systems||– Computation of Whole Number |
– Decimal and Fractions
– Relationship between Numbers
|Fundamental arithmetical operations||– Percentages |
– Ratio and Proportion
– Square Roots
– Interest (Simple and Compound)
– Profit and Loss
– Partnership Business
– Mixture and Allegation
– Time and Distance
– Time and Work
|Algebra||– Basic Algebraic Identities of School Algebra and Elementary Surds (Simple Problems) |
– Graphs of Linear Equations
|Geometry||– Similarity with Elementary Geometric Figures and Facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres |
– Congruence and Similarity of Triangles
– Circle and its Chords, Tangents, Angles Subtended by Chords of a Circle, Common Tangents to Two or More Circles.
|Mensuration||– Triangle |
– Regular Polygons
– Right Prism
– Right Circular Cone
– Right Circular Cylinder
– Rectangular Parallelepiped
– Regular Right Pyramid with Triangular or Square Base.
|Trigonometry||– Trigonometry |
– Trigonometric Ratios
– Complementary Angles
– Height and Distances (simple problems only)
– Standard Identities
|Statistics and probability||– Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency Polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart |
– Measures of Central Tendency: Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation
– Calculation of Simple Probabilities
Module-2 of Section-1 of Paper-1 (Reasoning and General Intelligence)
Questions will be from both verbal and non-verbal types. These will include:
|Semantic Analogy||Embedded Figures|
|Figural Analogy||Figural Pattern (Folding and Completion)|
|Symbolic Operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy||Critical Thinking|
|Space Orientation||Number Series|
|Venn Diagrams||Figural Series|
|Semantic Classification||Problem Solving|
|Symbolic/ Number||Emotional Intelligence|
|Figural Classification||Word Building|
|Drawing Inferences||Numerical Operations|
|Punched Hole/ Pattern-folding & unfolding||Coding and Decoding|
Module-1 of Section-2 of Paper-1 (English Language And Comprehension)
|Sentence Structure||Spot the Error|
|Fill in the Blanks||Synonyms/Antonyms|
|Spellings/ Detecting Misspelt Words||Idioms & Phrases|
|One Word Substitution||Improvement of Sentences|
|Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs||Conversion into Direct/ Indirect Narration|
|Shuffling of Sentence Parts||Shuffling of Sentences in a Passage|
|Cloze Passage||Comprehension Passage|
Module-2 of Section-2 of Paper-1 (General Awareness)
Here questions are aimed to assess applicants’ general awareness of their surroundings and their application to society. Questions are also designed to evaluate an educated person’s understanding of current events as well as topics of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect. The syllabus includes:
|Important Days & Dates||Science|
|Current Affairs||Books and Authors|
|India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.||People in News|
Module-1 of Section-3 of Paper-1 (Computer Proficiency)
|Computer Basics: Organization of a Computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Input/ Output Devices, Computer Memory, Memory Organization, Back-up Devices, PORTs, Windows Explorer, and Keyboard Shortcuts.||Working with the Internet and E-mails: Web Browsing & Searching, Downloading & Uploading, Managing an E-mail Account, e-Banking.|
|Software: Windows Operating System, Basics of Microsoft Office like MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint.||Basics of Networking and Cyber Security: Networking Devices and Protocols, Network and Information Security Threats (like hacking, virus, worms, Trojan etc.) and Preventive Measures.|
The SSC CGL Tier 2 Statistics Syllabus is as follows:
1. Collection, Classification and Presentation of Statistical Data – Primary and Secondary data, Methods of data collection; Tabulation of data; Graphs and charts; Frequency distributions; Diagrammatic presentation of frequency distributions.
2. Measures of Central Tendency – Common measures of central tendency – mean median and mode; Partition values- quartiles, deciles, percentiles.
3. Measures of Dispersion- Common Measures Dispersion – range, quartile deviations, mean deviation and standard deviation; Measures of relative dispersion.
4. Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis – Different types of moments and their relationship; the meaning of skewness and kurtosis; different measures of skewness and kurtosis.
5. Correlation and Regression – Scatter diagram; simple correlation coefficient; simple regression lines; Spearman‟s rank correlation; Measures of association of attributes; Multiple regression; Multiple and partial correlations (For three variables only).
6. Probability Theory – Meaning of probability; Different definitions of probability; Conditional probability; Compound probability; Independent events; Bayes’ theorem.
7. Random Variable and Probability Distributions – Random variable; Probability functions; Expectation and Variance of a random variable; Higher moments of a random variable; Binomial, Poisson, Normal and Exponential distributions; Joint distribution of two random variables (discrete).
8. Sampling Theory – Concept of population and sample; Parameter and statistic, Sampling and non-sampling errors; Probability and nonprobability sampling techniques (simple random sampling, stratified sampling, multistage sampling, multiphase sampling, cluster sampling, systematic sampling, purposive sampling, convenience sampling and quota sampling); Sampling distribution (statement only); Sample size decisions.
9. Statistical Inference – Point estimation and interval estimation, Properties of a good estimator, Methods of estimation (Moments method, Maximum likelihood method, Least squares method), Testing of hypothesis, Basic concept of testing, Small sample and large sample tests, Tests based on Z, t, Chi-square and F statistic, Confidence intervals.
10. Analysis of Variance – Analysis of one-way classified data and two-way classified data.
11. Time Series Analysis – Components of time series, Determination of trend component by different methods, Measurement of seasonal variation by different methods.
12. Index Numbers – Meaning of Index Numbers, Problems in the construction of index numbers, Types of an index numbers, Different formulae, Base shifting and splicing of index numbers, Cost of living Index Numbers, and Uses of Index Numbers.
The CGL Tier 2 Syllabus is divided into two sections: Finance & Accounts and Economics & Governance, with sub-topics listed below:
1.1 Financial Accounting
1.2 Basic Concepts of Accounting
2.1 Comptroller & Auditor General of India- Constitutional provisions, Role and responsibility.
2.2 Finance Commission-Role and functions.
2.3 Basic Concept of Economics and introduction to Micro Economics
2.4 Theory of Demand and Supply
2.5 Theory of Production and Cost
2.6 Forms of Market and Price Determination in Different Markets
2.7 Indian Economy
2.7.1 Nature of the Indian Economy Role of different sectors, Role of Agriculture, Industry and Services-their problems and growth.
2.7.2 National Income of India-Concepts of national income, Different methods of measuring national income.
2.7.3 Population-Its size, rate of growth and its implication on economic growth.
2.7.4 Poverty and unemployment- Absolute and relative poverty, types, causes and incidence of unemployment.
2.7.5 Infrastructure-Energy, Transportation, Communication.
2.8 Economic Reforms in India
2.9 Money and Banking
2.10 Role of Information Technology in Governance.
Note: Questions in Paper-1 will be of Matriculation Level, Paper-2 of 10+2 Level and Paper-3 and Paper-4 of Graduation Level.
Quick Links –
|SSC CGL Application Form||SSC CGL Eligibility|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Date||SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Admit Card||SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Tips|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Analysis||SSC CGL Tier 2 Result|
Find below some commonly asked questions related to the SSC CGL Tier 2 syllabus:
A: The SSC CGL Mains exam syllabus comprises three papers.
A: The CGL Tier 2 syllabus for Mathematical Abilities consists of Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Profit and Loss, Mixture and Alligation, Time and Distance, Time and Work, etc. Check the above article for a detailed syllabus.
A: The SSC CGL Mains syllabus for English comprises spotting errors, filling in the blanks, synonyms & antonyms, misspelt words, idioms & phrases, one-word substitution, sentence improvement, active/ passive voice, etc. Read the above article for a detailed syllabus.
A: Go through the above article for the Tier 2 General Studies syllabus.
A: Yes. The CGL Tier 2 will have a negative marking of 1 for each incorrect answer in Papers 1, 2, and 3.
We hope this detailed article on SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus 2023 helps you. Feel free to check our app If you have any queries regarding the exam. We will be happy to help you out.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for the latest updates on SSC CGL 2023.
Unleash Your True Potential With Personalised Learning on EMBIBECreate Free Account