UGC NET Syllabus 2020 (Latest): NTA will release the UGC NET 2020 exam date soon on the official website. Meanwhile, candidates should focus on their preparation. All interested candidates can download the UGC NET Syllabus PDF from this article. The UGC NET Syllabus was revised in 2019 and no changes are expected this year.
The UGC NETconsists of two papers. Paper 1 is compulsory for all applicants. Whereas for Paper 2, candidates will have to select from the list 81 subjects. In this article, we have provided the detailed syllabus PDF for Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). Scroll down to check the paper-wise syllabus and pattern.
UGC NET Syllabus 2020
The NTA UGC NET 2020 Syllabus of Paper 1 consists of Teaching Aptitude, Research Aptitude, Reading Comprehension, Communication, Reasoning (including Maths), Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, Information & Communication Technology (ICT), People & Environment, and Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration
For Paper 2, candidates have to select any 1 subject (out of 81 subjects). UGC NET Exam tests the eligibility of Indian Nationals for ‘Assistant Professor’ or for ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ in Indian Universities and Colleges.
UGC NET Exam Pattern
The UGC NET exam pattern for Paper-I and Paper-II is as under:
|Paper||No. of Questions/ Marks||Duration|
|Paper-I: General Aptitude||50 questions/ 100 marks||1 Hour|
|Paper-II: Subject Selected by Candidates||100 questions/ 200 marks||2 Hours|
|Total||150 questions/ 300 marks||3 Hours|
UGC NET Exam Pattern For Paper 1
Here is the exam pattern for UGC NET 2020 Paper 1:
|Part I: Teaching Aptitude||5||10|
|Part II: Research Aptitude||5||10|
|Part III: Reading Comprehension||5||10|
|Part IV: Communication||5||10|
|Part V: Reasoning (including Maths)||5||10|
|Part VI: Logical Reasoning||5||10|
|Part VII: Data Interpretation||5||10|
|Part VIII: Information & Communication Technology (ICT)||5||10|
|Part IX: People & Environment||5||10|
|Part X: Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration||5||10|
- Each question carries 2 marks.
- There will be no negative marking in the exam.
- The exam duration is 1 hour.
- Whenever pictorial questions are set for the sighted candidates a passage followed by an equal number of questions will be set for the visually handicapped candidates.
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus
The main objective is to assess the teaching and research capabilities of the candidates. The test aims at assessing the teaching and research aptitude. Candidates are expected to possess and exhibit cognitive abilities, which include comprehension, analysis, evaluation, understanding the structure of arguments, deductive and inductive reasoning.
The candidates are also expected to have a general awareness of teaching and learning processes in the higher education system. Further, they should be aware of the interaction between people, environment, natural resources and their impact on the quality of life.
Here is the detailed UGC NET 2020 Paper 1 Syllabus:
I. Teaching Aptitude
- Teaching : Nature, objectives, characteristics and basic requirements;
- Learner’s characteristics;
- Factors affecting teaching;
- Methods of teaching;
- Teaching aids;
- Evaluation systems.
II. Research Aptitude
- Research: Meaning, characteristics and types;
- Steps of research
- Methods of research;
- Research Ethics;
- Paper, article, workshop, seminar, conference and symposium
- Thesis writing: its characteristics and format.
III. Reading Comprehension
- A passage to be set with questions to be answered.
- Communication Nature, characteristics, types, barriers and effective classroom communication.
V. Reasoning (Including Mathematical)
- Number series; letter series; codes;
- Relationships; classification.
VI. Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments;
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning;
- Verbal analogies: Word analogy — Applied analogy;
- Verbal classification;
- Reasoning Logical Diagrams: Simple diagrammatic relationship, multi-diagrammatic relationship;
- Venn diagram; Analytical Reasoning.
VII. Data Interpretation
- Sources, acquisition and interpretation of data;
- Quantitative and qualitative data;
- Graphical representation and mapping of data.
VIII. Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT : meaning, advantages, disadvantages and uses;
- General abbreviations and terminology;
- Basics of internet and e-mailing.
IX. People and Environment
- People and environment interaction;
- Sources of pollution;
- Pollutants and their impact on human life, exploitation of natural and energy resources;
- Natural hazards and mitigation
X. Higher Education System: Governance, Polity and Administration
- Structure of the institutions for higher learning and research in India: formal and distance education professional/technical and general education; value education: governance, polity, and administration; concept, institutions and their interactions.
UGC NET Exam Pattern For Paper 2
Here is the exam pattern for UGC NET 2020 Paper II:
|No. of Subjects||81 (Candidates need to choose from these)|
|Type of Questions||Objective MCQs (All questions are compulsory)|
|No. of Questions||100 Questions|
|Mark for each Question||2 marks|
|Total Marks||200 marks|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
UGC NET Paper 2 Syllabus 2020
Here is the detailed syllabus for UGC NET 2020 Paper II:
|1||Economics / Rural Economics /Co-operation / Demography / Development Planning/ Development Studies / Econometrics/ Applied Economics/Development Eco./Business Economics||Download||Download|
|11||Defence and Strategic Studies||Download||Download|
|17||Management (including Business Admn. Mgt./Marketing/ Marketing Mgt./Industrial Relations and Personnel Mgt./ Personnel Mgt./Financial Mgt./Co-operative Management)||Download||Download|
|39||French (French Version)||Download||Download|
|46||Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/ Non Formal Education.||Download||Download|
|49||Arab Culture and Islamic Studies||Download||Download|
|55||Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/Human Resource Management||Download||Download|
|59||Library and Information Science||Download||Download|
|60||Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies||Download||Download|
|62||Comparative Study of Religions||Download||Download|
|63||Mass Communication and Journalism||Download||Download|
|65||Performing Art – Dance/Drama/Theatre||Download||Download|
|66||Museology & Conservation||Download||Download|
|70||Tribal and Regional Language/Literature||Download||Download|
|73||Sanskrit traditional subjects (including) Jyotisha/Sidhanta Jyotish/ Navya Vyakarna/ Vyakarna/ Mimansa/ Navya Nyaya/ Sankhya Yoga/ Tulanatmaka Darsan/ Shukla Yajurveda/ Madhav Vedant/ Dharmasasta/ Sahitya/ Puranotihasa /Agama).||–||Download|
|79||Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/Sculpture Graphics/Applied Art/History of Art)||Download||Download|
|81||Social Medicine & Community Health||Download||Download|
|87||Computer Science and Applications||Download||Download|
|90||Politics including International Relations/International Studies including Defence/Strategic Studies, West Asian Studies, South East Asian Studies, African Studies, South Asian Studies, Soviet Studies, American Studies.||Download||Download|
|92||Human Rights and Duties||Download||Download|
|93||Tourism Administration and Management.||Download||Download|
We recommend candidates to start their preparation as soon as possible. It is advised that you develop your preparation strategy first. Analyze how many days you need to spend on every topic. That’s where this UGC NET syllabus will be helpful.
We hope that you go through the UGC NET syllabus and prepare smartly for the upcoming exam. You can also take free UGC NET Mock Tests on Embibe to understand how you are performing. Learn from your mistakes in every mock test and improve your score.
If you have any doubts regarding the UGC NET syllabus or the exam in general, drop down your queries in the comment section provided below. We will get back to you at the earliest.1472 Views