BITSAT Syllabus 2021 – Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani has not yet released the syllabus for the 2021 exam. However, since the CBSE syllabus has been reduced by 30%, it is being considered that the BITSAT syllabus might be reduced as well. The official announcement to arrive in February 2021 will clarify the aspects such as syllabus, exam date, and any other possible changes.
Candidates planning to appear for the exam must prepare according to the BITSAT syllabus 2021 prescribed by the institute. It is also advisable to refer to ‘How to Crack BITSAT 2021‘ for a step by step preparation plan to ace the exam.
The university level exam – BITSAT consists of four sections- Physics, Mathematics/Biology, Chemistry, and English Language & Logical Reasoning. Candidates are required to study and practice for all four sections in order to qualify for the exam. The following article contains all the critical information related to the BITSAT 2021 syllabus such as important topics, reference books, and more. Scroll below in order to know the complete details.
BITSAT Exam Pattern 2021
The BITSAT paper pattern includes multiple factors such as mode of exam, question type, number of section, duration of exam, marking scheme, medium of exam and more. Candidates can have the complete knowledge of all the factors included in the BITSAT exam pattern below.
BITSAT Test Pattern
|Name of Exam||BITSAT|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-based test (CBT)|
|Medium of exam||English|
|Level of Exam||University Level|
|Number of sections (Parts)||4|
|Number of questions||150 questions|
Physics – 40
Chemistry – 40
Mathematics/Biology – 45
English Language – 15
Logical Reasoning – 10
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
|Marking Scheme||+3 for the correct response|
-1 for an incorrect response
0 for leaving the question blank
Distribution of Questions: Questions in the examination among all the four parts are distributed as mentioned below:
Distribution of Questions and marks – Section wise
|Name of Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Part I – Physics||40||120|
|Part II – Chemistry||40||120|
|Part III (a) – English Proficiency||15||45|
|Part III (b) – Logical Reasoning||10||30|
|Part IV – Mathematics||45||135|
BITSAT Syllabus 2021
Once the candidates decide to appear for the BITSAT 2021, they can start with the preparation for the exam. Preparing for the exam includes knowing the exam pattern, sections in the exam, and more. However, getting familiar with the different sections allows students to prepare better for the exam. The BITSAT 2021 exam will consist of the following sections in the examination.
- Part I – Physics
- Part II – Chemistry
- Part III (a) – English Proficiency
- Part III (b) – Logical Reasoning
- Part IV – Mathematics/Biology
Candidates covering the BITSAT 2021 syllabus for all four parts have a better chance of qualifying for the examination.
BITSAT Syllabus 2021 – Section-wise topic classification
As already discussed BITSAT is conducted in four parts, candidates must cover all the topics from all the parts appearing in the exam. Candidates can check the part wise topics in the syllabus of BITSAT 2021 below.
- Work and Energy
- Rotational Motion
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Units & Measurement
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Impulse and Momentum
- Modern Physics
- Electronic Devices
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Physical and Chemical Equilibria
- Chemical Kinetics
- Hydrogen and s-block elements
- States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen
- Biological, Industrial and Environmental Chemistry
- Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
- p- d- and f-block elements
- Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal Reasoning
- Nonverbal Reasoning
- Differential calculus
- Integral calculus
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Linear Programming
- Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry
- Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry
- Structure and Function – Animal
- Ecology and Environment
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Structure and Function – Plants
- Diversity in Living World
- Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants
- Reproduction and Development in Humans
- Cell: The Unit of Life; Structure and Function
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Genetics and Evolution
BITSAT Syllabus 2021: Recommended Books for Preparation
While preparing for BITSAT, candidates require the best study material to ace the exam. Every year at the time of interview of the BITSAT toppers, they recommend preparation tips and the study material they used while preparing. Considering the tips provided by these toppers, Here are some of the recommended books, candidates may refer to while preparing for BITSAT 2021 exam.
Recommended books for Physics Preparation
|NCERT Physics Part 1 and Part 2 Textbook for Class XII|
|Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma Vol 1 and Vol 2|
|Understanding Physics Series by D. C Pandey|
Recommended books for Chemistry Preparation
|NCERT Chemistry Part 1 and Part 2 Textbook for Class XII|
|Physical Chemistry by P. Bahadur|
|Inorganic Chemistry by O. P. Tandon|
|Organic Chemistry by Arihant (Theory & Practice)|
Recommended books for Mathematics Preparation
|NCERT Maths Part 1 and Part 2 Textbook for Class XII|
|Objective Mathematics by R. D. Sharma|
Recommended books for English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning Preparation
|BITSAT English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning by Disha Experts|
|Pearson Complete guide to the BITSAT (English) by One Learn Education|
|Wren and Martin ( For English)|
Recommended books for All in one BITSAT preparation
|Complete Success Package for BITSAT by Arihant|
|Comprehensive Guide to BITSAT 2015 with Mock Test by Disha Experts|
|Pearson Complete Guide to BITSAT|
Preparation Tips for BITSAT 2021
After the candidates decide to appear for the BITSAT 2021, they must start with the preparation right away, as the BITSAT is a competitive exam. Accordingly, candidates need to have a tight preparation schedule and approach the syllabus with planning and determination. Candidates can check here some important tips to prepare for the BITSAT 2021 below:
- Syllabus and exam pattern – As the initial step of preparation, candidates are required to know the exam pattern and the syllabus for BITSAT 2021. Knowing these details will let the candidate proceed further in deciding the plan.
- Planning – Once the candidates know the details of the exam, they must proceed further in planning, as they can make a plan considering the weightage of every topic in the exam by comparing the BITSAT syllabus and exam pattern.
- Get the study material – After planning for the preparation, candidates must collect the adequate study material considering the syllabus. The study material includes the books as per the syllabus. Links to buy the recommended books are available below for the sake of candidates.
- Start studying – As per the plan the candidates must start studying using the study material. Candidates must cover all the topics of the syllabus in order to qualify with a good score in the BITSAT 2021. Create short notes for the revision process.
- Take breaks – While studying, candidates must take an adequate amount of breaks as to not get frustrated. An adequate amount of break in between will help the candidate preparing for the exam in a cool way.
- Stay healthy – While preparing candidates must not follow the unhealthy lifestyle to avoid getting ill while the preparation process. Getting sick while preparation will lead to quitting the plan in between.
- Practice past year question papers and mock test – Candidates must prepare using the past year question paper and mock test, this will help in knowing the exam pattern in detail, important topics, and the topics candidates need to cover again. Also, preparing from the mock test will help the candidate in knowing the computer-based exam, this will ease out the process on the exam day.
- Revision – After following all the above steps, candidates must revise all the topics again. This will ensure that the candidate hasn’t missed any topic while studying. Use the short notes created while studying.
FAQs Regarding BITSAT 2021 Syllabus
The frequently asked questions regarding BITSAT 2021 are listed below:
|Q.1 What kind of questions are asked in BITSAT 2021? How can I prepare for them? |
A.1 Since the BITSAT exam features multiple-choice questions, Candidates can check out the Best Books for BITSAT and also take BITSAT Mock Tests to prepare themselves for the exam.
|Q.2 Is BITSAT tougher than the JEE exam? |
A.2 No. However, it is a very competitive exam, and candidates can expect tricky questions and train themselves for the exam by taking mock tests and checking the BITSAT syllabus in detail on this page.
|Q.3 Is a 300 score good in BITSAT?|
A.3 While a good score depends on how test-takers scored overall, a 300 score is considered a good score for admission into BITS.
|Q.4 Is CBSE and BITSAT syllabus the same?|
A.4 BITSAT exam syllabus is more or less the same as the CBSE syllabus. Since the CBSE syllabus has been reduced, the same is expected from BITSAT. However, till the official announcement is done, it is ideal to cover the entire syllabus.
We hope this detailed article on the BITSAT 2021 Syllabus has helped you. If you have any queries about this article, feel free to ask in the comment section below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for latest news and updates on BITSAT Syllabus 2021.1583 Views