SSC CGL Previous Year Papers: The Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC CGL notification 2020-21. Serious candidates preparing for SSC CGL 2021 must go through SSC CGL previous year question papers for reference. They will be very helpful for practicing in the upcoming exam. Note that the pattern of the exam might have changed a bit over the years. So, candidates may find some changes and some constants in the paper. Candidates appearing for the exam can check previous years question papers as well as practice with SSC CGL Mock Tests to understand the nature of questions being asked. Practicing with previous year papers will also give clarity on changing trends in the exam. Candidates can download the previous paper as PDFs for effective preparation.
By solving the CGL previous question papers, candidates can scale their preparation level and work towards improving their weak areas. This will help candidates to identify their strengths and weaknesses during the preparation. With more practice, candidates will be able to boost up their speed and accuracy level. Also, it will help them in developing test-taking skills such as time management, speed, accuracy, and attempt strategy.
SSC CGL Previous Year Papers: Overview Of Exam
Before getting into the SSC CGL previous year question papers, let us have an overview of the SSC CGL exam 2021 given below:
|Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Examination Name||Combined Graduate Level Examination|
|Exam Mode||CBT (Tier I and II), Descriptive (Tier III) and Skill Test (Tier IV)|
|Name of Stages||Tier I, II, III and IV|
|Exam Date for Tier I||To be announced|
|Exam Date for Tier II||To be announced|
|Exam Date for Tier III||To be announced|
|Exam Date for Tier IV||To be announced|
Check other SSC CGL articles to help you in the process:
|SSC CGL Recruitment||SSC CGL Exam Dates|
|SSC CGL Preparation||SSC CGL Books|
|SSC CGL Exam Pattern||SSC CGL Syllabus|
SSC CGL Tier I 2020 Question Paper PDF
The SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier 1 exam was held from 3rd March to 9th March 2020. The paper had four sections namely, General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, English Comprehension. To prepare for the upcoming exam, we have provided you with the latest SSC CGL questions paper PDF. Download the General Awareness and English language questions from the table below:
|General Awareness||English Language|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 March 3 – Shift 1||One Word Substitution|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 March 3 – Shift 2||Antonyms & Synonyms|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 March 3 – Shift 3||Idioms & Phrases|
SSC CGL Previous Year Papers PDF
SSC CGL previous year question papers must be solved in a time-bound manner. This will help you get used to the pressure of taking the actual exam. Download the SSC CGL Tier I previous years papers mentioned below:
- SSC CGL Tier-1 September – 2016
- General Intelligence & Reasoning Question Paper – 2015
- SSC CGL Tier -1 July – 2014
- SSC CGL Tier 1 May – 2013
- SSC CGL Tier -1 July – 2012
SSC CGL Previous Papers: SSC CGL Exam Pattern
Note the following:
- There are 4 sections in the Tier I exam of SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination 2020, with 100 questions that account for a total of 200 marks.
- SSC CGL Tier I & Tier II exam will be conducted in online mode. There are 4 sections in the Tier II exam of SSC CGL, with 100 questions that account for a total of 200 marks.
- Tier III is a descriptive exam and is conducted offline. Candidates need to write Essay/Letter/Application/ Precis.
- The Tier IV of SSC CGL Exam 2020 comprises DEST/CPT these are required for certain government posts. The four tires are indicated below.
|Tier-I||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Tier-II||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Tier-III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier-IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
SSC CGL Previous Papers: Important Tips
Here are a few tips:
- Go through the entire question paper.
- Create a proper plan in order to attempt the question methodically.
- Plan effective time management in advance and decide on your attempt strategy.
- Do not waste time on the question you do not know. Attempt questions only when 90-100% sure.
- Keep track of the time taken for each attempt.
- Start moderating your answers honestly.
- Go through each incorrect answers so as to not repeat the same mistakes in the exam
Benefits Of Solving SSC CGL Previous Year Question Papers
The advantages of solving these papers are as under:
- Going through SSC CGL Previous Year Papers will make you understand the changes this exam has undergone in the past. This will help you prepare for the challenges better.
- Solving SSC CGL Previous Year Papers will help you understand the exact nature of the exam.
- Attempting all the SSC CGL Previous Year Papers will help you track the time spent in solving the paper and your level of efficiency. This will be of huge advantage in the actual exam.
FAQs On SSC CGL Previous Year Papers
The frequently asked questions related to the SSC CGL previous year papers are given below:
|1. Is there a chance of questions being repeated from SSC CGL Previous Year Papers? |
A. There will not be exact questions, but the same type of questions might get repeated from SSC CGL Previous Year Papers.
|2. What should be done after attempting SSC Previous Year questions? |
A. Candidates should evaluate their performance by practicing previous year question papers and rectify the mistakes.
|3. Is attempting SSC Paper Previous year useful? |
A. Yes, solving SSC CGL Previous Year Papers is useful for the candidates appearing for SSC CGL exam.
|4. How SSC CGL previous year papers inculcate test-taking skills? |
A. Candidates will be able to learn time management, accuracy, speed and attempt strategy by solving SSC CGL question papers.
| 5. How many previous year papers should I answer?|
A. It is advisable that candidates answer at least the past 5 years question papers for good practice.
We hope this detailed article on SSC CGL Papers helps you in your preparation for SSC CGL examination 2021 and you ace the exam with a high score. All the very best to all the SSC CGL aspirants! If you have any questions pertaining to SSC CGL Previous Year Papers, feel free to ask in the comments section below and we will get back to you at the earliest.
Watch out for the latest updates that we share regularly on Embibe.2895 Views