MHT CET 2020 Exam: The Maharashtra Higher and Technical Education Minister, Uday Samant, has postponed the MHT CET 2020 again until further notice. This decision was taken after analyzing the current coronavirus situation in Maharashtra. MHT CET 2020, which was rescheduled to be conducted from 4th July to 5th August, will stand postponed until the situation improves. The new exam dates of MHT CET will be announced soon. As for now, candidates can utilize this time to prepare for the exam and work on their weaker areas so as to do well.
As per the MHT CET exam pattern, there will be objective type questions based on the following sections – Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Candidates qualifying in MHT CET will further have to go for the counselling process. Candidates who will be allotted colleges will further have to pay the admission fees in order to take admission to the B.Tech or B.E programmes offered in the state. This article has all the information that anyone needs to know about MHT CET 2020. Continue reading this article to know more.
- Latest (22 June 2020): Higher and Technical Education Minister, Uday Samant had tweeted that all State Entrance Examinations for various courses under the Department of Higher Education and Technical Education have been postponed due to the rising cases of COVID-19 across the country and the state.
- – (i). State CET Cell, Mumbai has allowed the registered candidates to change their exam centre preference/district preference from June 5 to June 10, 2020.
- – (ii). The officials have asked the already registered candidates to update their HSC Board details in their application forms before June 07, 2020.
- – (iii). The MHT CET exam dates have been announced. It’ll be conducted on July 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 28, 29, 30, 31 as well as August 3, 4 and 5, 2020. Furthermore, MHT CET Admit Card will be available on the official website once the dates are announced.
MHT CET 2020 Exam: Overview
Before we get into the details of MHT CET 2020, let’s go through a quick overview of the exam:
|Name of the Exam||MHT CET 2020|
|Conducting Body||The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra|
|Level of Exam||State Level Exam|
|Frequency of Exam||Once in a year|
August 3, 4 and 5, 2020
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test|
|Exam Duration||90 minutes for each paper|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Type Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of Sections||Three|
MHT CET Exam Date 2020
In this section, all the eligible and interested candidates can check below the important dates of MHT CET 2020. This will help you keep track of the MHT CET exam:
|MHT CET Application Form release date||7th January 2020|
|Last date to apply||29th February 2020|
|MHT CET Application Reopened||26th May – 1st June 2020|
|Change of Exam Centre On Application Form||5th June – 10th June 2020|
|Release Date of MHT CET Admit Card|
|MHT CET Exam|
August 3, 4 and 5, 2020
|MHT CET Answer Key||To Be Announced|
|Result of MHT CET||To Be Announced|
|MHT CET Counselling||To Be Announced|
|Commencement of classes||To Be Announced|
MHT CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The exam conducting body prescribes the eligibility criteria for MHT CET 2020. It is important for the candidates to check the MHT CET eligibility criteria in order to avoid any rejection at any later stage. The eligibility criteria include requirements based on nationality, age and educational qualification.
- Nationality – Candidates must be Indian nationals.
- Age Limit – The exam conducting body has not set any age bar to apply for MHT CET 2020 entrance exam
- Educational Qualification – Candidates must have passed class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and are required to obtain a minimum of 50 per cent marks to be eligible to apply for the entrance exam.
MHT CET Application Form 2020
The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra has released the application form for MHT CET 2020 on January 7. Candidates will be able to fill up MHT CET application form 2020 on the official website in online mode. Before filling up the application form of MHT CET 2020, candidates must go through the eligibility criteria in order to avoid rejection at any later stage. While filling the MHT CET application form, candidates will have to follow these steps – register (Aadhaar and Non-Aadhaar), fill in the online application form, uploading of scanned images and payment of application fees either in online or offline mode. Check below the steps:
- MHT CET Registration
- Filling the MHT CET application form online
- Uploading of Scanned Images
- Payment of application fee
- Final submission
- Downloading the MHT CET application form
Candidates can pay the fees in online mode (credit/debit card (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), IMPS, Netbanking, Cash cards/mobile wallets) or through challan. Candidates can check below the application fees:
MHT CET Application Fee
|General Category candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J & K Migrant candidates||Rs.800 + Payment Gateway Charges|
|Candidates belonging to Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DTNT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC, SEBC] and Persons with Disability and candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only.||Rs.600 + Payment Gateway Charges|
MHT CET Exam Pattern 2020
The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra prescribes the exam pattern of MHT CET 2020 for the aspiring candidates. The MHT CET exam pattern will have all the important information about the nature of questions, mode of exam, marking scheme, time duration, etc. This computer-based test will have objective-type questions and candidates will have to finish each paper within 90 minutes.
MHT CET 2020 will be conducted in two groups: PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) and PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology). Check the table below to understand more about the MHT CET exam pattern:
|Paper-I (Physics and Chemistry)||90||100|
MHT CET 2020 Marking Scheme
Candidates appearing for the exam must know the marking scheme.
- As per the MHT CET 2020 exam pattern, there will be one mark for each question allotted in the paper-I (Physics and Chemistry). Whereas in paper II (Mathematics), every question will be of two marks.
- There will be no negative marking and for unattempted answers, no marks will be deducted.
MHT CET Syllabus 2020
The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra releases the syllabus of MHT CET 2020 on the official website for the aspiring candidates in order to prepare for the exam in a better way. MHT CET syllabus will help candidates in understanding the topics and sub-topics. The questions asked in MHT CET 2020 will be from the prescribed MHT CET syllabus 2020 for Physics, Maths, Chemistry and Biology matching the Class XII syllabus for these subjects. By going through the syllabus, candidates can prepare well for the examination and score better. Check below some of the subtopics of MHT CET:
MHT CET Mathematics Syllabus
- a) Trigonometric Functions
- b) Sets, Relations, and Functions
- c) Circle and Conics
- d) Probability
- e) Straight Line
- f) Three Dimensional Geometry
- g) Plane
- h) Linear Programming Problems
- i) Continuity
- j) Applications of Derivative
- k) Integration
- l) Differentiation
- m) Applications of Definite Integral
- n) Differential Equation
- o) Statistics
- p) Bernoulli Trials and Binomial Distribution
MHT CET Physics Syllabus
- a) Magnetic effect of electric current
- b) Scalars and Vectors
- c) Frictions in Solids and Liquids
- d) Ray Optics
- e) Force
- f) Circular Motion
- g) Rotational Motion
- h) Oscillations
- i) Gravitation
- j) Refraction of Light
- k) Elasticity
- l) Electrostatics
- m) Wave Motion
MHT CET Chemistry Syllabus
- a) States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- b) Nature of Chemical Bond
- c) Surface Chemistry
- d) Hydrogen
- e) Solid State
- f) Chemical Thermodynamics and Energetic
- g) Redox reactions
- h) Electro-chemistry
- i) General Principles and Processes of Isolation
- j) Nature of Chemical Bond
- k) Solutions and Colligative Properties
- l) Elements
- m) S-Block elements (Alkali and alkaline earth metals)
- n) p-Block elements Group 15 elements
- o) Basic principles and techniques in organic chemistry
- p) d and f Block Elements d-Block Elements
MHT CET Biology Syllabus
- a) Diversity in organisms
- b) Genetic Basis of Inheritance
- c) Biochemistry of cell
- d) Gene: its nature, expression, and regulation
- e) Plant water Relations and Mineral Nutrition
- f) Biotechnology: Process and Application
- g) Enhancement in Food Production
- h) Microbes in Human Welfare
- i) Photosynthesis
- j) Respiration
- k) Reproduction in Plants
- l) Organisms and Environment
- m) Human Health and Diseases
- n) Animal Husbandry
- o) Circulation
- p) Excretion and osmoregulation
- q) Control and Co-ordination
- r) Human Reproduction
MHT CET Admit Card 2020
The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra will issue the MHT CET 2020 admit card on the official website. Currently, there are no fixed dates related to MHT CET Admit Card 2020. To download the admit card, candidates will have to use their application number and password in the login window. MHT CET admit card will mention the details about the exam venue, date and time of the exam, test centres address along with other information like the name of the candidate, application number and photograph and signature.
Along with the admit card of MHT CET, candidates are also required to carry any one photo identity card – Aadhaar Card, Passport, Voter ID Card, Driving License and PAN Card. Without carrying the admit card of MHT CET 2020, candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam centre.
MHT CET Exam Centres 2020
The venues where the entrance exam will be held are the exam centres of MHT CET entrance exam. Candidates have to select the MHT CET 2020 exam centres as per their preference (where they want to take the entrance test) while filling out the application form. Candidates can check below some of the exam centres of MHT CET 2020:
Note: The exam conducting body might drop any exam centre of MHT CET if the adequate number of candidates are not available.
MHT CET Result 2020
The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra will tentatively declare the result of MHT CET 2020 in the last week of August on its official website. Candidates will be able to check their MHT CET result by using their roll number and captcha code. The exam conducting authority will prepare a rank list on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology.
Once the rank list is prepared, the authorities will release the result of MHT CET 2020. The result will contain scores and ranks secured by the candidates in the entrance test. You can find the direct link to check your MHT CET Result below:
How MHT CET Result Will Be Declared?
As the exam is held in multiple shifts, a normalization procedure is used to determine the scores and ranks of the candidates who have qualified in the exam. Scores of the candidates will be declared in the form of percentile scores ranging from 0 to 100. These scores will be based on the performance of all candidates who wish to appear for MHT CET 2020.
MHT CET Merit List 2020
All the shortlisted candidates will get admission to various B.Tech programmes offered by the participating institutes based on the merit list/rank list of MHT CET 2020. The authorities will release the final MHT CET merit list once the results are out. Candidates who have appeared for the exam and qualified can check the merit list of MHT CET 2020 by using their application number and date of birth.
What After MHT CET Result Declaration?
After the declaration of result, all the shortlisted candidates will be eligible to participate in the counselling rounds at MHT CET. Candidates who get the choice of their college and course are required to take admission by paying the prescribed fees of that college.
MHT CET Cutoff 2020
The various participating institutes will likely release the cutoff for the entrance exam. The cutoff of MHT CET is the minimum marks required by the candidates in order to select for admission in the various participating institutes. The university decides the MHT CET 2020 cutoff score for admission based on the number of seats available, the number of candidates who have appeared for the exam, and difficulty level of the exam.
MHT CET Counselling 2020
Candidates qualifying in the entrance examination will be eligible to go for MHT CET 2020 counselling process organized by the institution. All the shortlisted candidates must be physically present at the time of counselling or else seats will be allocated to other candidates. There will be three rounds of counselling of MHT CET followed by a spot/ institutional round depending on the available seat.
For MHT CET counselling, candidates have to register, fill their choices of colleges in the order of their preference. After registration, the candidates must get their documents verified at the allotted centres. There is no counselling fee for MHT CET qualified candidates. However, candidates applying on the basis of JEE Main scores must, however, pay the counselling fee.
MHT CET 2020 Counselling Fees
|General, Candidates from outside Maharashtra and Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries||Rs.800|
|Candidates belonging to the Reserved Category of Maharashtra State and PwD applicants from Maharashtra||Rs.600|
While going for MHT CET 2020 counselling rounds, candidates will also have to carry the following documents for verification.
Documents To Be Carried While Appearing For Counselling
- Class 12th mark sheet (original and photocopy)
- Class 10th mark sheet (original and photocopy)
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Admit card of MHT CET 2020
- Scorecard of MHT CET 2020
- Printout of the application form and fee receipt
- Passport and stamp size photographs
- Candidates belonging to reserved category will have to carry – Caste certificate, Income Certificate (original and photocopy)
MHT CET 2020 Participating Institutes
All the shortlisted candidates will have to select colleges from the participating colleges. Also, while choosing the colleges and courses candidates are advised to consider the cutoff marks required for admissions, ranking/rating of the college, facilities offered and placement statistics. Candidates can check below some of the top participating colleges that are given below:
- Sipna Shikshan Prasarak Mandal College of Engineering & Technology, Amravati
- Shri Sant Gajanan Maharaj College of Engineering, Shegaon
- Government College of Engineering, Amravati
- Prof. Ram Meghe Institute of Technology & Research
- P.R. Patil College of Engineering & Technology, Amravati
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute(VJTI), Matunga, Mumbai
- Usha Mittal Institute of Technology SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Matunga, Mumbai
- Manjara Charitable Trust’s Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Vidyalankar Institute of Technology, Wadala, Mumbai
- Mahavir Education Trust’s Shah & Anchor Kutchhi Engineering College, Mumbai
- Saraswati Education Society’s Saraswati College of Engineering, Kharghar Navi Mumbai
FAQs Related To MHT CET 2020
You can find the important FAQs related to MHT CET 2020:
Ans: MHT CET which was scheduled to be held from July 4 to August 5, 2020 has been postponed after analyzing the increasing cases of coronavirus in the country and the state.
Ans: No, there will be no negative marking in MHT CET 2020.
Ans: No. Only reserved categories of Maharashtra will be eligible. Reservations will not be given to students from other states or even the central list unless it’s a part of the category list of Maharashtra.
Ans: No, the MHT CET application form will only be available in online mode.
Ans: MHT CET is conducted once a year.
Ans: No, you need not send the online application form of MHT CET to the exam conducting body.
Ans: After the MHT CET exam, a merit list will be prepared considering the marks scored by the candidates. The counselling and choice filling will be organized on the basis of the merit list. Once the seat allotment process is done, candidates will get their respective colleges and the MHT CET counselling process will be completed. You can read about the MHT CET Seat Allotment in detail.
Ans: You can check the MHT CET important chapters right here. Preparing for these topics will make you be in a good situation so that you can score well in your exam.
Ans: You can get all the MHT CET previous year papers for free at Embibe.
We certainly hope that this article has provided value to you. If you have any suggestions or queries, you can put them down in the comments area. We will happy to help you out. Stay tuned to embibe.com for the latest news and updates on MHT CET 2020.165 Views