IBPS PO Previous Year Papers 2021: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released the IBPS PO 2021 Notification for the post of Probationary Officers (PO) on @ibps.in. According to the IBPS calendar, the prelims exam will be conducted on October 9,10, 16, and 17, 2021 whereas, the main exam is scheduled for November 27, 2021. Interested candidates can start preparing for the IBPS Probationary Officer Examination. In order to crack the upcoming exam, candidates must practice IBPS PO Previous Year Papers in order to understand the nature of the exam. Solving previous year papers will give candidates a clear idea about the difficulty level and type of questions asked in the exam. Candidates must know the IBPS PO Syllabus and exam pattern so that they solve the IBPS PO Question Papers in a more effective way. We have provided detailed information on IBPS PO Previous Year Papers in this article. Read on to find out.
Embibe offers interactive mock tests for IBPS PO exam. We use the world’s most intelligent AI-based educational platform & offer calibrated feedback based on your performance & guarantees improvement in days.!!
IBPS PO Question Papers PDF 2021
IBPS PO previous year papers must be solved in a time-bound manner. This will help candidates to understand the nature of the exam and prepare accordingly.
|IBPS PO Sample Paper 2020 in English||DOWNLOAD PDF|
|IBPS PO Sample Paper 2020 in Hindi||DOWNLOAD PDF|
|IBPS PO Prelims 2017 Previous Year Paper||DOWNLOAD PDF|
|IBPS PO Previous Year Paper 2015 Prelims||DOWNLOAD PDF|
|IBPS PO Previous Year Paper 2015 Mains||DOWNLOAD PDF|
The IBPS PO exam is conducted in three phases – Preliminary, Main, and Personal Interview. Candidates must clear the cutoff score of each section of each phase in order to appear for the next phase. Let us now look at the IBPS PO exam pattern of each of the phases given below:
|IBPS PO Apply Online||IBPS PO Mock Test|
|IBPS PO Notification||IBPS PO Books|
|IBPS PO Salary||IBPS PO Study Material|
|IBPS PO Syllabus||IBPS PO Cutoff|
IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern
IBPS Prelims exam is an objective type exam that is 60 minutes long. For each wrong answer, there is a negative marking equal to one-fourth of the mark awarded to each correct answer. Candidates can check the prelims exam pattern tabulated below:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern
IBPS Main exam consists of both objective and descriptive type sections. Each section is separately timed. In the object sections, there is a negative marking for wrong answers equal to one-fourth of the mark awarded to a correct answer. The total number of questions and the maximum marks for each section of the Main exam are tabulated below:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|English Language||45||60||40 Minutes|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||45||40||45 Minutes|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||35||60||60 Minutes|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||35||40||35 Minutes|
|Total in Objective Test||155||200||3 Hours|
|English Language (Letter Writing and Essay)||2||25||30 Minutes|
|GRAND TOTAL||157||225||3 Hour 30 Minutes|
IBPS PO Interview Exam Pattern
Candidates qualifying in the main exam will be called for the interview round. The center, venue, date, and time of the interview will be informed on the candidate’s admit card. Candidates are required to download an interview call letter from the official website. The Personal Interview will be conducted for 100 marks. The qualifying marks for Personal Interview is 35 percent for SC/ST/PwD candidates and 40 percent for others.
IBPS PO Previous Year Papers 2021: How to Attempt?
Check the following points on solving IBPS PO previous year papers mentioned below:
- Go through the complete IBPS PO Syllabus and exam pattern for a better understanding of the topics.
- Prepare a study plan covering all the chapters and concepts in the given time frame.
- Get an idea about the difficulty level of the questions by quickly going through the entire IBPS PO previous year’s papers.
- Start with the questions that are easy ones and skip the questions that you are not sure about.
- After attempting the easy questions, go for the complex ones.
- Make sure all the questions are attempted on time.
- After practicing the IBPS PO Previous year papers, improve on the areas that you found difficult to solve.
- Go through the solutions of every question where you made mistake or struggled to solve and revise the related concepts. This will help in identifying your weak and strong areas.
- Analyze the previous year’s papers for repetitive questions. Give more importance to such questions that can fetch you more marks.
Benefits of Solving IBPS PO Previous Year Papers 2021
Solving IBPS PO previous year papers can help candidates in several ways. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Solving IBPS PO previous year papers will help you understand the trend of the paper and come up with effective strategies for successful completion of the exam.
- Solving IBPS PO previous year papers will help you get an idea about the nature of the exam, difficulty level, and types of questions asked in the exam. It helps in analyzing the paper in less time.
- Solving IBPS PO previous year papers will help candidates to get used to the pressure and stress of taking a successful test.
- Practicing previous year’s papers will give a clear idea about the common questions being asked in the exam.
- Practicing regularly can help candidates to improve their speed and accuracy in the exam paper.
- Model papers will provide information on the type of questions asked in the exam and its marking scheme.
- Taking the mock tests will help candidates to improve academic knowledge as well as test-taking skills such as time management, speed, accuracy, and attempt strategy.
FAQs regarding IBPS PO Previous Year Question Papers
The frequently asked questions on IBPS PO Question Papers are given below:
|Q. Are questions repeated from IBPS PO Question papers? |
A. Questions may be repeated from the IBPS PO Question papers but there is no hard and fast rule that all the questions will be repeated. However, candidates can refer to the question papers for understanding the nature and types of questions.
| Q. What is the syllabus of the IBPS PO Prelims exam?|
A. The IBPS PO syllabus for prelims comprises of English language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability.
| Q. What is the syllabus of the IBPS PO Main exam?|
A. The syllabus of IBPS PO main exam comprises of English Language, Data Analysis and Interpretation, Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, and General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness.
|Q. What is the benefit of practising IBPS PO Previous Year Papers?|
A. Practicing previous year papers will help candidates to understand the nature of the exam, the types of questions asked and the difficulty level of the exam.
|Q. Can I clear IBPS PO only by Solving IBPS PO Question papers? |
A. Solving the IBPS PO Question papers can help you know about different types of questions that are likely to come in the exam but solving the IBPS PO Question papers alone will not help in clearing the exam. Candidates have to thoroughly read the syllabus with time to time revision.
As mentioned earlier, taking the previous year papers or IBPS PO mock tests in online format will be more helpful as IBPS PO is an online exam. At Embibe, you will get a detailed analysis of the online tests you have taken which will help you improve on your weak areas.
We hope this detailed article on IBPS PO Previous Year Paper 2021 helps you in your preparation for IBPS PO exam 2021 and you ace the exam with a high score. All the very best to IBPS PO aspirants!1468 Views