MHT CET Previous Year Papers: MHT CET (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test) is a highly competitive exam. Around 4 lakh students appear for the exam every year for admission to engineering and pharmacy courses in various colleges in the state of Maharashtra. In order to ensure you get admission to one of the top colleges in Maharashtra, you must have a smart preparation plan. Solving MHT CET previous year papers must be a part of your preparation. Without solving the MHT CET previous year papers, you won’t get a clear idea about the exam and how much you are capable of scoring. There are multiple advantages of solving the MHT CET previous year papers. In this article, we will provide you with all the information about MHT CET previous year papers as well as the free PDFs of the papers for you to download. Read on to find out.
Free MHT CET Previous Year Papers For Download
Before getting into the details of MHT CET previous year papers, let’s have an overview of MHT CET exam for engineering and pharmacy courses:
|MHT CET: An Overview|
|Name of the Exam||MHT CET|
|Conducting Body||State Common Entrance Test Cell, Mumbai|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Number of Sections||4|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of Questions||150 (50 questions in each subject)|
|Time Duration||1 hour and 30 minutes for each paper|
Let us now get to the MHT CET previous year papers for engineering.
MHT CET Previous Year Papers For Physics, Chemistry & Maths
The MHT CET previous year papers for Paper 1 and Paper 2 are given below. Just click on the link and download the papers.
MHT CET Previous Year Papers For Engineering (MHT CET)
MHT CET 2017 Question Paper
|MHT CET 2017 – Physics & Chemistry (Code 11)|
MHT CET 2016 Question Papers
|MHT CET 2016 – Physics & Chemistry (Code 11)|
Benefits Of Solving MHT CET Previous Year Papers
There are several advantages of solving MHT CET previous year papers. Some of them are as under:
- Solving previous year papers gives you an idea about the difficulty level of the exam.
- You get a clear idea about the type of questions asked in the exam., which, in turn, prepares you to face the actual exam with confidence.
- Solving the previous year papers of MHT CET will help you get a clear idea about the chapters and topics that have been asked frequently and are important for the exam.
- It will help you build your stamina, concentration, and confidence.
- You will get to know where exactly you are standing and how much is likely to score in the actual exam.
- Analyzing your performance after taking a previous year test will help you identify your weaknesses – chapters and concepts that you need to work on.
- Taking previous year tests also helps in developing your overall test-taking strategy.
So, it is very important that you solve MHT CET previous year papers as well as MHT CET mock tests after you have finished the entire MHT CET syllabus.
How To Solve MHT CET Previous Year Papers
As mentioned above, you need to improve your overall test-taking strategy as well. So, as you solve MHT CET previous year papers, cultivate the following habits. These will ensure a high level of accuracy and you will be able to finish the paper on time.
1. Allocate two separate time slots of 90 minutes each for the two papers of MHT CET.
2. Start off with your strong subject (for Paper 2). If Physics is your strongest subject, start off with it.
3. Go through all the questions as they appear and try to understand whether or not you will be able to solve them.
4. Attempt only those questions which you are absolutely sure about. Skip the rest.
5. For questions that you are not fully sure but you think you should give it a shot, mark them.
6. Once you have gone through the entire paper and answered all the questions that you are sure about, try to attempt the marked questions. Then try the next level of questions, and so on.
7. Do not spend too much time on any question, nor answer any question in a hurry.
It is to be noted that if you are preparing for JEE Main in a proper manner, you will definitely do well in MHT CET. So, solving JEE Main practice questions and taking JEE Main mock tests will be of great help in your preparation for MHT CET. These are available for free on Embibe. So, once the entire MHT CET syllabus is finished, solve previous year papers in the above manner. Also, make sure to evaluate your performance in details after every test you take. You need to find out the particular chapters and concepts where you made mistakes, couldn’t answer or took more time to solve. You need to revise those chapters and concepts and solve more questions from them. You also, need to work on your time management skills which play an immense role in your performance in any exam.
Also, Embibe provides personalized guidance for JEE Main and Advanced with its Artificial Intelligence powered tool, RANKUP. It looks after the overall development of a student – their academic knowledge, problem-solving abilities, behavioral and test-taking skills, etc., and guarantees score improvement by up to 60 percent.
We hope this detailed article on MHT CET previous year papers helps you. If you have any query, drop a comment below and we will get back to you.2317 Views