CG PET 2020 – Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board has released CG PET 2020 application form on March 17. The application process of CG PET 2020 is online and the eligible aspirants need to complete the application form before April 12, 2020. CG PET 2020 will be held on May 21.
CG PET is basically the state level engineering entrance exam and the selected applicants will get admission in various streams like agricultural engineering, dairy technology and other engineering branches. The admit card will be issued on April 28, 2020 to the candidates online that they need to bring at the exam centre.
The authority will announce the result on its website and the selected candidates need to appear for the counselling process. This article is all about CG PET 2020 such as important events and dates, application process, admit card issuance, result declaration, counselling, some preparation tips and FAQs.
Latest – CG PET 2020 Application Form is available now.
Overview of CG PET 2020
|Name of the examination||Chhattisgarh Pre-Engineering Test|
|Common name||CG PET|
|Exam Conducting Body||CPEB or Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board|
|Counselling Authority||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Chhattisgarh|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Test Takers||Approximately 15,000|
CG PET Important Dates 2020
The events and dates related to the CG PET 2020 are notified by CPEB on its website. The tentative important dates of CG PET 2020 is mentioned below in tabular form:
CG PET 2020 Schedule
|Release of CG PET application form||March 17, 2020|
|End date to submit the application and pay the fee||April 12, 2020|
|Application Correction window||March 17 to April 15, 2020|
|Issuance of Admit card||April 28, 2020|
|CG PET Exam||May 8, 2020|
|Release of Answer key||Fourth week of May 2020|
|Announcement of Results||First week of June 2020|
|Commencement of Counselling process||Second week of June 2020|
CG PET Eligibility Criteria 2020
The aspirants who wish to appear for CG PET exam will have to fulfill the eligibility requirements prescribed by the authority. They need to go through the below given criteria before filling the application form for CG PET 2020:
- Nationality: The applicants are supposed to have Indian citizenship
- Domicile: The candidates must be the residents of Chhattisgarh and should possess the domicile of the state.
The course wise eligibility criteria for CG PET 2020 are given below:
For Dairy Technology
- The applicants should have passed 10+2 level exams or its equivalent from Chhattisgarh board or other university with a minimum 50% of marks. For the candidates under SC, OBC, SR or PH category, minimum 40% is required for qualification.
- The minimum age of the applicant should be 17 years at the time of admission.
For Agricultural Engineering
- The applicants should have passed 10+2 level exams or its equivalent from Chhattisgarh board or other equivalent university with a minimum 45% of marks. For SC, OBC, SR or PH category, minimum 40% is required for qualification.
- The minimum age of the applicant should be 16 years at the time of admission.
- The applicants must have passed 10+2 level exams or its equivalent from Chhattisgarh board or other equivalent university with a minimum 45% of marks. For SC, OBC, SR or PH category, minimum 40% is required for qualification.
- The candidates who are appearing in the final year are also eligible.
CG PET Application Form 2020
The candidates who are eligible as per the criteria given by the authority can proceed further to complete the application process. The CG PET application form has been released online and the aspirants need to follow the below given instructions to fill and submit the form till April 12, 2020:
- Visit the official website- vyapam.cgstate.gov.in
- Click on the “Online Application Form PET20” tab
- Enter exam pre-requisites – Choose the exam applied for (PET/ PPHT/ Both PET & PPHT)
- Upload Photo and Signature
- Filling the application form – Enter basic and contact details
- Enter Exam Centre – Choose test centres from 28 exam cities
- Submit the application form by accepting the declaration
- Payment of the application fee
- Take print out of the application form for future use.
CG PET Application Fee
The candidates are supposed to make the fee payment through online mode like debit card or credit card or net banking or SBI challan. The table given below contains category wise application fee details:
|General category||Rs. 200/-|
|40KB – 60KB|
20KB – 40KB
CG PET Admit Card 2020
The admit card of CG PET 2020 will be released online on April 28, 2020. Only those applicants who have filled and submitted the application and paid the exam fee will be able to get the access of the admit card. Some important facts about CG PET 2020 admit card are mentioned below:
- The admit card contains the details like name of the candidate, parents name, registration id, photograph, test date, test time, test venue, signature and exam related instructions.
- The applicants must check the information given in the admit card before taking the print out. In case of any incorrect information, they must report the same to the board for correction.
- It is compulsory to bring the hard copy of the admit card with one photo identity proof on the day of exam.
- The authority will not permit the candidates to sit inside the examination hall without the hall ticket and photo id proof.
- The candidates must retain the print out of the admit card for further use.
CG PET Exam Pattern 2020
The applicants need to learn about the exam pattern of CG PET 2020 for better preparation. It contains the below given points:
- CG PET 2020 exam will take place on May 8, 2020 in one shift from 9:00 am to 12:15 pm.
- There will be a total of 150 questions and all are of multiple choice type.
- The exam paper will be available in both English and Hindi Language.
- Total 150 marks will be there in the paper.
- The time duration of the exam is 3 hours and the applicants will have to finish the paper within the given time only.
- As far as the marking scheme is concerned, the candidates will get one mark for every right answer. No negative marking provision is there.
CG PET 2020 Exam Pattern
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum marks|
CG PET Syllabus 2020
The syllabus of CG PET 2020 decides by the CPEB Board. It is the same as the syllabus of class 12th. The candidates must go through the complete syllabus before the exam preparation so that the proper study plan can be executed. The topics that come under the syllabus will be from the subjects such as Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
To Check CG PET 2020 Syllabus – Click here
Preparation Tips for CG PET 2020
Before starting the preparation of CG PET 2020, the aspirants should go through the below given tips as suggested by the experts:
- Make a proper study routine and follow it on a daily basis.
- Read carefully about the exam pattern and syllabus for better apprehension of the question paper.
- Also go through the marking scheme as prescribed by the board on its website.
- Make a habit of writing notes like important formulas, tough topics, concepts in bullet points as this will help you to recall the things at the time of examination.
- Revision of topics is quite important and one should not ignore the same.
- Solve the sample papers and previous year’s question paper to assess your own caliber.
- Prepare the subjects from the books recommended by the experts.
CG PET Result 2020
The result of CG PET 2020 will be announced by the Board in the first week of June 2020. The aspirants need to visit the official web portal and enter their login credentials to access the CG PET result tab. The candidates will then have to mention their roll number to see the result and the scorecard online.
It is suggestible to keep the hard copy of the scorecard for further use. The merit list will also be released online and the candidates will be given ranking on the basis of their performance in the exam. The selected applicants will then be called for the process of counselling.
CG PET Answer Key 2020
The Board will also publish CG PET 2020 answer key at the time of result announcement. The candidates can access the same on the official website of the board and check the answers.
CG PET Counselling 2020
The candidates who are selected as per their rank in the merit list will have to attend the process of CG PET 2020 counselling that will take place in the second week of June 2020. The steps that come under counselling procedure are online registration, filling up the options, preference and priority, verification of documents and seat allotment.
It is mandatory for all the selected candidates to reach the venue of counselling on time and proceed for document verification process. To ensure this, they need to carry all the important documents and certificates as directed by the authority. The seats will be given to the candidates on the grounds of their ranking in the merit list, their preferences and availability of seats.
FAQS related to CG PET 2020
Question: When will the CG PET application process begin? How can one fill out the application form?
Answer: The application process commences from March 17, 2020. The candidates can fill the application form online by visiting the web portal of the board.
Question: What is the deadline to complete the application process?
Answer: The applicants can submit the application form till the April 12, 2020.
Question: How much do the candidates need to pay as CG PET application fee?
Answer: The Application Fee for general category is Rs.200, for OBC category is Rs.150 and for ST/SC/PH category is Rs.100.
Question: What is the release date of the CG PET 2020 admit card?
Answer: The admit card will be issued online on April 28, 2020.
Question: Is there any provision for application form correction?
Answer: Yes, the applicants can rectify the application once it is submitted online.
Question: Is there any clause of negative marking in the exam paper of CG PET 2020?
Answer: No, there will be no negative marking in the paper.
Question: What is the examination date of CG PET 2020?
Answer: The CG PET exam 2020 will be held on May 8, 2020.
We hope that this information on CG PET has helped you. If you have any queries then you can ask us and we will answer you. Use the comment section below for any queries and comments.
Stay tuned to embibe.com to get the latest updates on CG PET 2020.158 Views