Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020: Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan has released the first merit list of provisionally selected candidates for admission to Class 1 for the year 2020. The officials of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) has released the sample forms for those who are seeking admission in Classes 2 to 11. The forms have been released on the official website of the Sangathan, i.e. kvsangathan.nic.in.
According to reports, KVS was expected to release the second merit list on August 19 and the third merit list on August 23. But the officials are yet to release KVS 2nd and 3rd Merit List. It is to be noted that the merit lists will be released only if seats are available after the first merit list. Read the article to know more details regarding KVS Admission 2020-21.
Latest Update: Check out the KVS Merit List For Admission in Class 1 for 2020 here!
KVS Admissions 2020 Schedule
Before getting into the schedule of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangthan Admission 2020-21, let us have an overview of KVS:
|Name of the Organization||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)|
|Online registration begins||July 20, 2020|
|Mode of Application||Online|
The KVS Admission Online Schedule for the Session 2020-21 is as under:
|Admission notification date||17th July 2020 (Friday)|
|Start date of online registration for Class 1||20th July 2020 (Monday) 10:00 am onwards|
|Last date of online registration for Class 1||7th August 2020 (Friday) till 7:00 pm|
|Declaration of provisional select and waitlist of registered candidates||1st list – 11th August 2020 (Tuesday)|
2nd list – 24th August 2020 (Monday)
(if seats remain vacant)
3rd list – 26th August 2020 (Wednesday)
(if seats remain vacant)
|Declaration of the provisional select list of candidates as per priority service category for unreserved seats||27th August 2020 to 29th August 2020|
(Thursday to Saturday)
|Extended date for second notification for offline registrations for admissions to be made under RTE provisions, SC/ST and OBC, if sufficient applications not received in online mode.||Notification – 31st August 2020|
Registration – 31st August 2020 to 5th September 2020
(Monday to Saturday)
Display of list and admissions – 7th September 2020 to 11th September 2020
(Monday to Friday)
|Registration for Class 2 onwards (Subject in offline mode to availability of vacancies in a particular class)||20th July 2020 to 25th July 2020|
(Monday to Saturday) Offline Mode
|Declaration of the list of Class 2 onwards||29th July 2020 at 4:00 pm|
|Admission for Class 2 onwards||30th July 2020 to 7th August 2020|
(Thursday to Friday)
|For KV students: Registration for admission in Class 11.||Within a week of class 10 result declaration|
|KV students: Display of admission list & admissions for Class 11.||Within 2 weeks of class 10 result declaration|
|Non-KV students: Registration, display of admission list & admissions in Class 11 (Subject to availability of vacancies)||After the admission of KV students in Class 10|
|Last date of admission for all classes including class 11.||15th September 2020 (Tuesday)|
(Tentative depending on class 10 result)
- If any of the dates happen to be a public holiday the next working day will be treated as opening/closing date.
- The studies of Class 1 will commence from 15th September 2020 either online or regular depending upon improvement in COVID-19 situation.
- Presently around 198 Kendriya Vidyalaya across the country are being used as Isolation Centre or Quarantine Center by Central/State Government due to pandemic COVID-19. These KVs will be functional for regular classes only after lifting of lockdown.
Direct Links For Kendriya Vidyalaya Admissions 2020-21
Parents and students can find the direct links given below for the KVS admissions:
|Click Here for the KVS Class 1 Admissions 2020-21 Application Status|
|To know the KVS 2020-21 New Admission Guidelines, Click Here|
|To know the Admission Schedule, Click Here|
|Click Here for the Admission Notice|
|Click Here for KVS Admission App Download Std 1.|
|Official Website – kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in or kvssangathan.nic.in.|
How To Check Kendriya Vidyalaya Application Status?
Parents will be able to check the status of the applications from 6 am on August 12, 2020, on KVS online application portal. KVS will conduct lotteries to select the applications for various admission categories. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to check the status of your application:
- – 1st Step: Visit the of KVS online admissions portal – kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in.
- – 2nd Step: On the homepage, click on “Check Application Status”.
- – 3rd Step: A new page will open. Now, enter your login code, date of birth of child, mobile number, and captcha code.
- – 4th Step: Click on “Login”.
- – 5th Step: The status of your application will be displayed on the screen
How To Register For Kendriya Vidyalaya Class 1 Admissions?
Parents can follow the below-given step by step procedure to register for KV class 1 admissions:
Stage 1: Registration
- – 1st Step: Visit the Official Website of KV Admissions – kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in.
- – 2nd Step: Click on “Click here to register”.
- – 3rd Step: Read all the instructions carefully and click on the checkbox – “I have carefully gone through all sections and sub-sections…” at the end. Then click on the “Proceed” button.
- – 4th Step: In the New Registration Page, enter all the details such as First Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, Mobile Number, Captcha Code, and click on “Register”.
- – 5th Step: Now enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number and the Captcha code.
- – 6th Step: The registration details like Name of the Child, Login code, Date of Birth, and Registered mobile number is generated. Keep the Id safe. Take a printout of the registration details for further references.
Stage 2: Login and Enter the Basic Information
- – 1st Step: Now log in to the official website (or) click on “To log in to the portal click here” on the same page.
- – 2nd Step: In the new login window, enter the details such as Login code, Date of birth, mobile number, and captcha code and click on “Login”.
- – 3rd Step: Fill up the Basic Information of the student like Gender, Category, and Blood group, then click on the “Next” button.
Stage 3: Parent Details
- – 1st Step: In the Parents details section enter Mother’s and Father’s details such as Name, Nationality, Country, State, Address, Pincode, Occupation, etc. and click on “Next”.
Stage 4: Choice of Schools
- – 1st Step: Now select 3 choices of state & schools by clicking on “Choose State of School 1, 2 & 3” and “Select School 1, 2 & 3”
- – 2nd Step: Next step is to “Choose Service Priority Category” and click on the “Next” button.
Stage 5: Upload Documents
- – 1st Step: In this section – Upload documents of “Proof of Date of Birth of Child” and “Passport size photo of the child” and click on the “Next” button.
Note: Files/Documents uploaded must be in “.pdf” and “.jpg” only. The maximum size of the file should be 256 KB.
Stage 6: Declaration
- Lastly, fill in the declaration and click on the “Submit” button.
KVS Admission Online 2020-21 Guidelines
Interested students and parents can apply and fill the class 1 admission forms online from 20th July 2020 on the official website – kvsonlineadmission.in. Before filling the admission form, you must be aware of the new admission guidelines. These guidelines must be followed by the new as well as existing candidates. Following are the key points mentioned:
- Admission for Class 1 would be conducted through an online draw of lots.
- Admissions from Class 2 to 8 would be done on a priority basis. This means in case the applications exceed the number of seats, the lottery system would be followed.
- Class 9 Admissions will be made on the basis of an entrance exam and
- Admission to Class 11 would be done on the basis of Class 10 marks of the candidates.
- Admission of fresh students to Class 10 and Class 12 are subject to availability.
Who Can Apply For KVS Admissions Online 2020?
Candidates applying for KVS admission 2020 must have the original documents while filling the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission form. Children of Central Government employees, state government staff, and then, private employees, in this order, get preference in admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya.
There are five categories of seats in Kendriya Vidyalaya:
- The Central Govt employees ward gets the first preference.
- Children of Army and Ex-Army gets second preference.
- Government employees’ children get a third preference.
- Single girl child gets the fourth preference.
- Children of private or self-employed personnel get fifth/last preference.
KVS Age Limit
Given is the maximum and minimum age limit for each of the class to get admission into Kendriya Vidyalaya:
|Class/Grade||Minimum age as on 31st March of the year in which admission is sought||Maximum age as on 31st March of the year in which admission is sought|
|1st-grade||5 Years||7 Years|
|2nd-grade||6 Years||8 Years|
|3rd-grade||7 Years||9 Years|
|4th-grade||8 Years||10 Years|
|5th-grade||9 Years||11 Years|
|6th-grade||10 Years||12 Years|
|7th-grade||11 Years||13 Years|
|8th-grade||12 Years||14 Years|
|9th-grade||13 Years||15 Years|
|10th-grade||14 Years||16 Years|
KVS Reservation Criteria
The Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission is made based on the category and reservation system. Below is the reservation criteria for different categories:
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Schedules Caste (SC)||15%|
|Differently Abled Candidates||3%|
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||25%|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission For Class 1
Check out the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Procedure for Class 1 below:
- 15% of seats are reserved for SC and 7.5% seats are reserved for ST. The authorities will work out the shortfall in the number of seats reserved for SC and ST after considering the number of SC/ST children admitted under RTE quota.
- 10 seats (out of 40 seats) in Class I per section are to be filled as per RTE Provisions (25% of seats) and these 10 seats will be filled by draw of lots from all applications of SC/ST/EWS/BPL/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer).
- In the second phase, the authorities will fill the remaining seats as per the existing priority category system. KVS will make use of the shortfall in the seats for SC/ST, if any, by admitting SC/ST applicants. For example, in a single section school, 6 seats are reserved for SC and 3 Seats for ST (15% for SC and 7.5% for ST). Assuming that, 2 SC candidates, 1 ST candidate, and 1 Differently Abled candidate are admitted under RTE in the lottery system in the first phase, then available SC seats will be considered as 6-2 = 4 and ST seats will be 3-1 = 2. The left out registered candidates from SC and ST category will be considered as per the order of priority categories for admission. In this case, the remaining 4 seats will be available for admission under the order of Priority of Category.
What Is The Process For KVS Admission 2020-21 For Class 2 to 8?
There is no admission test/exam for admission of students in Class 2-Class 8 in Kendriya Vidyalaya. The admission is granted based on the priority category system. If applications are more than the number of seats, the authorities follow the lottery system for each category including single girl child quota (Class VI onwards).
What Is The Process Of KV Admission In Class 9?
Check out the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Procedure for Class 9 below:
- KVS will conduct an admission test for admission to Class 9. The authorities will also prepare a merit list for each category of priority separately. They will grant admission in the sequence of priority categories, in the order of merit.
- The authorities will conduct the admission test in the following 5 subjects: Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science, and Science.
- There will be only one paper of Admission Test of 3 hours duration and 100 marks comprising Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science & Science each subject carrying 20 marks.
- Candidates must secure 33% marks on an average to qualify. Students belonging to SC/ST/Divyang category (PH) will be eligible for admission upon securing 25% on average.
What Is The Process For KVS Class 11 Admission?
Admission in different streams like – Science, Commerce, Humanities of Class 11 students in Kendriya Vidyalaya will be based on the average marks scored in Class 10 exams:
|Science: A minimum of 60% marks on average in all subjects.|
Commerce: A minimum of 55% marks on average in all subjects.
Humanities: All students of Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV) if declared successful in the Class 10 exam.
KVS Admission Through MP Quota
According to the admission guidelines, there is a special provision through which candidates can take admissions in Kendriya Vidhyalaya. Members of Parliament can recommend up to 10 students for admission to KVs under this provision. However, the students are given admissions only in the schools located in the constituency of the MP who has recommended the students. Check the details of this provision below:
- 1. The MPs can make the recommendations for admission in classes I to IX.
- 2. The admissions provided through this quota is above the strength of the class.
- 3. Applications will not be considered after the cut-off dates for admissions. Thus, admissions under this quota have to be made at the start of the academic year.
- 4. The children recommended by the MP for admission must fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- 5. These recommendations have to be made only in the format prescribed by KVS (HQ).
Documents Required For KVS Online Admission
As per the Kendriya Vidyalaya admission guidelines, students need the following documents:
- Certificate of proof of age for Class 1 students in the form of a birth certificate issued by an authority competent to register births. This will include certificates from Notified Area Council/Municipality/Municipal Corporation, extract about the date of birth from records of Village Panchayat, Military Hospital and service records of Defence personnel.
- For other classes, the date of birth as per the transfer certificate issued by a school recognized by the State Education Department will be accepted. The authorities will return the original certificate of date of birth to the parent/guardian after verification.
- The authorities may grant admissions for students up to Class 8 without any school transfer certificate. However, the child needs to be otherwise eligible and his birth certificate has been issued by a Govt. body.
- For grandchildren of Hon’ble Member of Parliament and PSU employees, proof of relationship of either of the child’s parents with the Hon’ble Member of Parliament or PSU employees would be needed.
- Grandchildren of KVS employees should submit a proof of relationship of either of the child’s parent with the KVS employee (serving or retired).
- A Caste certificate for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/EWS/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/BPL candidates. A competent authority in concerned State Government/Union Government should issue the certificate.
- The certificate in respect of either of the parents may be accepted initially, for the purpose of admission, if this certificate is not available for the child. However, the certificate in respect of the child has to be submitted within a period of 3 months from the date of admission.
- A certificate from the civil surgeon/rehabilitation centre or any other competent authority defined by the Government of India O.M. No. 36035/5/88/Estt. (SCT) dated 4.5.1999 certifying the child to be handicapped, wherever applicable. In case the handicap of the child can be visually seen by the Principal, the child may be accepted as handicapped even without a certificate. However, the parent may be advised to obtain the relevant certificate from the competent authority and submit the same to the school.
- A service certificate showing the number of transfers during the preceding 7 years duly signed and stamped by the head of the office bearing the name, designation and other relevant particulars in block letters.
- A certificate of retirement for uniformed Defence employees.
- In some cases, the authorities may ask for proof of the residence.
KVS Admission 2020 Dates Class 1-12: Contact Details
In case of any query, parents and students can contact KVS directly:
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan,
18, Industrial Area,
Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg,
New Delhi- 110016
Phone No.- 011-26858570, 26512579
Email- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Find Solutions To Your Queries On Embibe Ask
Often students find themselves stuck on a question or a problem and they are unable to find any solutions. Thus, to help the students with their academic queries, Embibe has launched a unique platform. At Embibe Ask, you can find solutions to all the academic problems and queries. On this portal, you can post your question or upload an image of the question. Our academic experts will provide solutions to your questions at the earliest. You can also check the questions/queries uploaded by others on the portal. The best part about using Embibe Ask is it can be accessed for free! So visit Embibe Ask and find solutions to your queries today.
Frequently Asked Questions On Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission
Below are some of the frequently asked questions on KVS Online Admission 2020-21:
Ans: Admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya is given for the children of central government or state government staff. However, admissions are given based on preferences. Given are the preferences:
1st Preference – The Central Govt employees ward.
2nd Preference – Children of Army and Ex-Army.
3rd Preference – Government employees’ children.
4th Preference – Single girl child.
5th Preference – Children of private or self-employed personnel.
Ans: Yes, it is easier to apply for admission for 1st standard students. Admission will be subject to the availability of seats after filling up the seats as per existing rules. But KVs provide admission to non-government employee’s children only if there are vacant seats i.e; after the filling of seats for military or any other defence personnel’s children.
Ans: The online applications for admission were required to be submitted on the designated admission portal – kvsonlineadmission.in. The last date for online application submission was August 7, 2020.
Ans: The Kendriya Vidyalaya Class 1 admissions have started on July 20 till August 07, 2020.
We hope this article on Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020 helps you. If you have any questions, feel free to post them below. We will get back to you at the earliest. Stay tuned to embibe.com for more news and updates on Kendriya Vidyalaya.9578 Views