Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission: Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan has declared the guidelines for admission procedure in Kendriya Vidyalayas for the Academic Session 2021-22 on KVS official website. KVS is expected to announce the KVS admissions notification in the final week of March 2022. Parents who are interested to get their kids enrolled into KVS must visit the official website i.e. kvsonlineaddmission.kvs.gov.in . KVS admission form 2022 must be filled online along with providing the relevant documents such as birth certificate etc.
Kendriya Vidyalaya 2022 admission is mainly based on the priority and lottery system. Admission procedure for Class 1 will be commenced online. Students who are seeking admission to Class 2 will be commenced via offline mode in which schools on a first-come, first-served basis. The merit list for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2022 will be available in both online as well as offline modes. KVS does not charge anything for filling out KVS online entrance form. KV Registration form 2022 contains all the information like how to apply for KV admission in detail.
Parents and students must abide by the online admission 2021-22 guideline. From 2021-22, 27% of seats are reserved for backward classes candidates. Continue reading this article to learn about KV admission 2022. Read this to find all information regarding crucial dates, age restriction, the paperwork necessary for admission, and other information.
How To Check The Second List of Admission For Kendriya Vidyalaya
As per the given guidelines, the process of admission for the eligible candidates from the selected list will be in accordance with the RTE and will lie in the Service Priority Category (I and II) only. The parents and guardians who have listed their wards for admission in the Kendriya Vidyalaya can follow the following steps to check the complete second list of selected candidates for admission.
- Open the official portal of Kendriya Vidyalaya admission, by using the link: kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in
- Click on Login Button available on the homepage
- You will be redirected to a new page
- Enter the login code, date of birth of your ward, your registered mobile number and then click on login
- The Kendriya Vidyalaya issued second list of result for selected candidates will be displayed on the screen
- Click on downloads to save it for the future references.
The other method for checking the list of selected students based on the regional list is as follows:
- Visit the official website of Kendriya Vidyalaya
- Click on About KV and select the directories
- Select the Region and the Kendriya Vidyalaya where you have applied from the list
- Select the search tab to search and view the details of the school
- Under the academics section, you can find the admission details link listed
- Click on the admission details to get the list and download it.
|Class 8 Mock Test Series||Class 10 Mock Test Series|
|Class 9 Mock Test Series||Class 11 & 12 PCM Mock Tests|
|Class 11 & 12 PCB Mock Tests||NCERT Solutions|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22: KV Sangathan Important Links
Parents and students can find the direct links given below for the KVSangathan admissions:
|Kendriya Vidyalaya 2nd Admission List|
|KVS Registrations Links|
|Print KVS Application Form|
|Access Pro Forma Documents Sample Here|
|Click Here for the KVS Class 1 Admissions 2020-21 Application Status|
|To know the KVS Sangathan 2020-21 New Admission Guidelines, Click Here|
|To know the KV Admission Online 2021-22 Schedule, Click Here (Soon)|
|Click Here for the Admission Notice|
|Click Here for KVS Admission App Download Std 1.|
|Official Website – kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in or kvssangathan.nic.in.|
KVS Admissions 2021-22: An Overview
Before getting into the schedule of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangthan Admission 2021-22, let us have an overview of KVS:
|Name of the Organization||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)|
|Board Affiliation||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 for Class 1 (Application Mode)||Online|
|Application Mode (Other Classes)||Offline|
|Admission Portal||kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2021-22|
When KVS Admission Online Form Get Released?
Admissions to kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in in 2022 will be notified by official notification. On the official website of KVS, students may learn more about the Kendriya Vidyalaya admissions process for 2020-21. The anticipated dates for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2022 are listed below. To apply for admission at a Kendriya Vidyalaya on time, have the necessary papers, such as the kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2022 admission form, available.
KVS Admission 2021-22 Dates
The officials have released the KV School Admission 2021-22 dates. Check the Kendriya Vidyalaya Online/Offline Admission Dates:
|Admission notification date||To Be Notified|
|Start date of online registration for Class 1||To Be Notified|
|Last date of online registration for Class 1||To Be Notified|
|Declaration of provisional select and waitlist of registered candidates||To Be Notified|
|Declaration of the provisional select list of candidates as per priority service category for unreserved seats||To Be Notified|
|Registration for Class 2 onwards (Subject in offline mode to availability of vacancies in a particular class)||To Be Notified|
|Declaration of the list of Class 2 onwards||To Be Notified|
|Admission for Class 2 onwards||To Be Notified|
|For KV students: Registration for admission in Class 11.||To Be Released|
|KV students: Display of admission list & admissions for Class 11.||To Be Released|
|Non-KV students: Registration, display of admission list & admissions in Class 11 (Subject to availability of vacancies)||To Be Released|
How to Register for Kendriya Vidyalaya Class 1 Admissions?
Parents can follow the below-mentioned step-by-step procedure to register for KV Class 1 admissions:
Stage 1: Registration
- – 1st Step: Visit the Official Website of KV Admissions 2021-22: kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in.
- – 2nd Step: Click on “Click here to register”.
- – 3rd Step: Read all the instructions carefully and click on the checkbox stating “I have carefully gone through all sections and sub-sections…” at the end. Then click on the “Proceed” button.
- – 4th Step: In the New Registration Page, enter all the details such as First Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, Mobile Number, Captcha Code, and click on “Register”.
- – 5th Step: Now enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number and the Captcha code.
- – 6th Step: The registration details like Name of the Child, Login code, Date of Birth, and Registered mobile number are generated. Keep the ID safe. Take a printout of the registration details for further references.
Stage 2: Login and Enter the Basic Information
- – 1st Step: Now log in to the official website (or) click on “To log in to the portal click here” on the same page.
- – 2nd Step: In the new login window, enter the details such as Login code, Date of birth, mobile number, and captcha code and click on “Login”.
- – 3rd Step: Fill up the Basic Information of the student like Gender, Category, and Blood group, then click on the “Next” button.
Stage 3: Parent Details
- – 1st Step: In the Parents Details section, enter Mother’s and Father’s details such as Name, Nationality, Country, State, Address, Pincode, Occupation, etc., and click on “Next”.
Stage 4: Choice of Schools
- – 1st Step: Now select 3 choices of state and schools by clicking on “Choose State of School 1, 2 & 3” and “Select School 1, 2 & 3”
- – 2nd Step: Next “Choose Service Priority Category” and click on the “Next” button.
Stage 5: Upload Documents
- – 1st Step: In this section, upload documents of “Proof of Date of Birth of Child” and “Passport size photo of the child” and click on the “Next” button.
Note: Files/Documents uploaded must be in “.pdf” and “.jpg” only. The maximum size of the file should be 256 KB.
Stage 6: Declaration
- Lastly, fill in the declaration and click on the “Submit” button.
KVS Admission Online 2021-22 Guidelines
Before filling the Kendriya Vidyalaya online admission form 2021-22, you must be aware of the new admission guidelines. These guidelines must be followed by the new as well as existing candidates. Following are the key points mentioned:
- Admission for Class 1 would be conducted through an online draw of lots.
- Admissions from Class 2 to 8 would be done on a priority basis. This means, in case the applications exceed the number of seats, the lottery system would be followed.
- Class 9 Admissions will be made on the basis of an entrance exam and
- Admission to Class 11 would be done on the basis of Class 10 marks of the candidates.
- Admission of fresh students to Class 10 and Class 12 are subject to availability.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Form: Who Can Apply For KVS Admissions Online 2022?
Candidates applying for KVS admission 2021 must have the original documents while filling the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission form. Children of Central Government employees, state government staff, and then, private employees, in this order, get preference in admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya.
There are five categories of seats in Kendriya Vidyalaya:
- The Central Govt employees ward gets the first preference.
- Children of Army and Ex-Army gets second preference.
- Government employees’ children get a third preference.
- Single girl child gets the fourth preference.
- Children of private or self-employed personnel get fifth/last preference.
KVS Age Limit
Given below is the maximum and minimum age limit for each of the class to get admission into Kendriya Vidyalaya:
|Class/Grade||Minimum age as on 31st March of the year in which admission is sought||Maximum age as on 31st March of the year in which admission is sought|
|1st-grade||5 Years||7 Years|
|2nd-grade||6 Years||8 Years|
|3rd-grade||7 Years||9 Years|
|4th-grade||8 Years||10 Years|
|5th-grade||9 Years||11 Years|
|6th-grade||10 Years||12 Years|
|7th-grade||11 Years||13 Years|
|8th-grade||12 Years||14 Years|
|9th-grade||13 Years||15 Years|
|10th-grade||14 Years||16 Years|
KVS Reservation Criteria
Below is the reservation criteria for different categories:
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Schedules Caste (SC)||15%|
|Differently Abled Candidates||3%|
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||25%|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission For Class 1
Check out the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Procedure for Class 1 below:
- 15% of seats are reserved for SC and 7.5% seats are reserved for ST. The authorities will work out the shortfall in the number of seats reserved for SC and ST after considering the number of SC/ST children admitted under RTE quota.
- 10 seats (out of 40 seats) in Class I per section are to be filled as per RTE Provisions (25% of seats) and these 10 seats will be filled by draw of lots from all applications of SC/ST/EWS/BPL/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer).
- In the second phase, the authorities will fill the remaining seats as per the existing priority category system. KVS will make use of the shortfall in the seats for SC/ST, if any, by admitting SC/ST applicants. For example, in a single section school, 6 seats are reserved for SC and 3 Seats for ST (15% for SC and 7.5% for ST). Assuming that, 2 SC candidates, 1 ST candidate, and 1 Differently Abled candidate are admitted under RTE in the lottery system in the first phase, then available SC seats will be considered as 6-2 = 4 and ST seats will be 3-1 = 2. The left-out registered candidates from SC and ST categories will be considered as per the order of priority categories for admission. In this case, the remaining 4 seats will be available for admission under the order of Priority of Category.
KVS Admission for Class 10 & Class 12
If the number of students in class 10 or 12 in any KV is fewer than 40, the Deputy Commissioner of the Region will open class 10th and 12th KV admissions in 2022 based on seat availability. These admissions will be granted if the following requirements are met:
- The student should have attended a CBSE-accredited school.
- In order to be considered for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2022 in class 10 or 12, a student must have received an average of 55 percent in class 9 or 11 examinations.
- In Kendriya Vidyalayas, students must choose from a variety of curriculum combinations.
What Is The Process For KVS Admission 2021-22 For Class 2 to 8?
There is no test/exam for admission of students in Class 2 to Class 8 in Kendriya Vidyalaya. The admission is granted based on the priority category system. If applications are more than the number of seats, the authorities follow the lottery system for each category including the single girl child quota (Class VI onwards).
KVS Class 2 – Class 8 Admissions
The officials of Kendriya Vidyalaya have opened the KVS Admissions for the students of Class 2 to Class 8. Parents who are interested to enroll their children under KVS School for Class 2 to Class 8 can now start filling out the KVS Registrations forms. It is to be noted that the registration forms for Class 2 will be available only in prescribed dates.
KV Admissions for Class 2 to Class 8: Important Dates
The important KVS Admission dates of 2nd to 8th Class are given below:
|Start of KVS Registration for Class 2 to Class 8||To Be Notified|
|End of KVS Registration for Class 2 to Class 8||To Be Notified|
|Start of KVS Admissions for Class 2 to Class 8||To Be Notified|
|End of KVS Admissions for Class 2 to Class 8||To Be Notified|
KVS Class 2-8 Registration Process
Parents who wish to enrol their children in KV schools must visit the nearest KV school and register themselves. The KV schools have adapted offline registrations for 2nd to 8th Class admissions.
Steps to Register for Class 2-8 KVS Admissions
- Visit the KV school in which you would like to enrol your children for KVS admissions.
- Collect the registration forms which is available for free of cost at the respective KVS School.
- Enter all the necessary details and submit the required documents.
- On successful of registrations, parents or guardians can check if their child has been shortlisted or not once the KVS Admissions list are released.
Highlights of KVS Admissions for Class 2-8
- KVS registrations will be accepted by the KVS School officials depending upon the number of seats available in a particular class.
- The officials will shortlist the registrations and release the admission list soon.
- The admission list consists of a list of candidates shortlisted for admissions in KVS School.
- Parents can check the admission list and further proceed with the admission procedure as specified by the school officials.
What is the Process of KV Admission in Class 9?
Check out the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Procedure for Class 9 below:
- KVS will conduct an admission test for admission to Class 9. The authorities will also prepare a merit list for each category of priority separately. They will grant admission in the sequence of priority categories, in the order of merit.
- The authorities will conduct the admission test in the following 5 subjects: Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science, and Science.
- There will be only one paper of Admission Test of 3 hours duration and 100 marks comprising Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science & Science, each subject carrying 20 marks.
- Candidates must secure 33% marks on an average to qualify. Students belonging to SC/ST/Divyang category (PH) will be eligible for admission upon securing 25% on average.
What is the Process for KVS Class 11 Admission?
Admission in different streams like – Science, Commerce, Humanities of Class 11 students in Kendriya Vidyalaya will be based on the average marks scored in Class 10 exams:
|Science: A minimum of 60% marks on average in all subjects.|
Commerce: A minimum of 55% marks on average in all subjects.
Humanities: All students of Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV) if declared successful in the Class 10 exam.
KVS Admission Through MP Quota
According to the admission guidelines, there is a special provision through which candidates can take admissions in Kendriya Vidhyalaya. Members of Parliament can recommend up to 10 students for admission to KVs under this provision. However, the students are given admissions only in the schools located in the constituency of the MP who has recommended the students. Check the details of this provision below:
- 1. The MPs can make recommendations for admission in Class I to IX.
- 2. The admissions provided through this quota is above the strength of the class.
- 3. Applications will not be considered after the cut-off dates for admissions. Thus, admissions under this quota have to be made at the start of the academic year.
- 4. The children recommended by the MP for admission must fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- 5. These recommendations have to be made only in the format prescribed by KVS (HQ).
Documents Required For KVS Online Admission/Kendriya Vidyalaya Online Admission
As per the Kendriya Vidyalaya admission guidelines, students need the following documents:
- Certificate of proof of age for Class 1 students in the form of a birth certificate issued by an authority competent to register births. This will include certificates from Notified Area Council/Municipality/Municipal Corporation, extract about the date of birth from records of Village Panchayat, Military Hospital and service records of Defence personnel.
- For other classes, the date of birth as per the transfer certificate issued by a school recognized by the State Education Department will be accepted. The authorities will return the original certificate of date of birth to the parent/guardian after verification.
- The authorities may grant admissions for students up to Class 8 without any school transfer certificate. However, the child needs to be otherwise eligible and his birth certificate has to be issued by a Govt. body.
- For grandchildren of Hon’ble Member of Parliament and PSU employees, proof of relationship of either of the child’s parents with the Hon’ble Member of Parliament or PSU employees would be needed.
- Grandchildren of KVS employees should submit a proof of relationship of either of the child’s parents with the KVS employee (serving or retired).
- A Caste certificate for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/EWS/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/BPL candidates. A competent authority in the concerned State Government/Union Government should issue the certificate.
- The certificate in respect of either of the parents may be accepted initially, for the purpose of admission, if this certificate is not available for the child. However, the certificate in respect of the child has to be submitted within a period of 3 months from the date of admission.
- A certificate from the civil surgeon/rehabilitation center or any other competent authority defined by the Government of India O.M. No. 36035/5/88/Estt. (SCT) dated 4.5.1999 certifying the child to be handicapped, wherever applicable. In case the handicap of the child can be visually seen by the Principal, the child may be accepted as handicapped even without a certificate. However, the parent may be advised to obtain the relevant certificate from the competent authority and submit the same to the school.
- A service certificate showing the number of transfers during the preceding 7 years duly signed and stamped by the head of the office bearing the name, designation, and other relevant particulars in block letters.
- A certificate of retirement for uniformed Defence employees.
- In some cases, the authorities may ask for proof of the residence.
How To Check Kendriya Vidyalaya Application Status?
KVS will conduct lotteries to select the applications for various admission categories. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to check the status of your application:
- – 1st Step: Visit the KVS online admissions portal – kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in.
- – 2nd Step: On the homepage, click on “Check Application Status”.
- – 3rd Step: A new page will open. Now, enter your login code, date of birth of child, mobile number, and captcha code.
- – 4th Step: Click on “Login”.
- – 5th Step: The status of your application will be displayed on the screen
KVS Admission 2021-22 Class 1-12: Contact Details
In case of any query, parents and students can contact KVS directly:
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan,
18, Industrial Area,
Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg,
New Delhi- 110016
Phone No.- 011-26858570, 26512579
Email- email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Study Material For Class 8-12
Make use of free study materials offered by Embibe, which will definitely help you in your exam preparation:
|Class 8 Mock Test Series||Class 8 Practice Questions|
|Class 9 Mock Test Series||Class 9 Practice Questions|
|Class 10 Mock Test Series||Class 10 Practice Questions|
|JEE Main Mock Tests |
(Class 11-12 PCM)
|JEE Main Practice Questions |
(Class 11-12 PCM)
|NEET Mock Tests |
(Class 11-12 PCB)
|NEET Practice Questions |
(Class 11-12 PCB)
FAQs on Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission
Below are some of the frequently asked questions on KVS Online Admission 2021-22:
|Q: How many children of a government employee can get admission into KV? |
Ans: Admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya is given for the children of central government or state government staff. However, admissions are given based on preferences:
1st Preference – The Central Govt employees ward.
2nd Preference – Children of Army and Ex-Army.
3rd Preference – Government employees’ children.
4th Preference – Single girl child.
5th Preference – Children of private or self-employed personnel.
|Q: Can a non-government employee’s children apply for Kendriya Vidyalaya? |
Ans: Yes, it is easier to apply for admission for 1st standard students. Admission will be subject to the availability of seats after filling up the seats as per existing rules. KVs provide admission to non-government employee’s children only if there are vacant seats i.e; after the filling of seats for military or any other defence personnel’s children.
|Q: Where to apply for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22? |
Ans: Though the application process has been completed yet when the portals open, the parents need to fill the online applications for admission and submit it on the designated admission portal – kvsonlineadmission.in.
|Q: When will the 2021-2022 admissions start?|
Ans: The Kendriya Vidyalaya admissions online has been started from 1st April 2021.
|Q: Is KVS admission started? |
Ans: Yes, the KVS admission dates are announced. According to the official notification, KVS Admission 2021-22 commences from 1st April 2021
|Q: Does Kendriya Vidyalaya have LKG? |
Ans: No, KVS schools don’t have Lower Kindergarten or Upper Kindergarten.
We hope this article on Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021 helps you. If you have any questions, feel free to post them below. We will get back to you at the earliest. Stay tuned to embibe.com for more news and updates on Kendriya Vidyalaya.2407 Views