Preparation Tips for NEET Chemistry: NEET 2019 is just around the corner and students all over the country aspiring to get into the best medical colleges are burying their heads in their books trying to do all that they can to pursue their dream. If you can ace the Chemistry section, your chances of getting into a prestigious medical college are extremely high. It is regarded as a scoring subject and, although some students tend to overlook this subject because they find it too tedious, they need to take advantage of that fact, put in a little extra effort and gain maximum marks.
Chemistry is subdivided into Physical, Organic and Inorganic Chemistry. 45 questions carrying a total of 180 marks are asked and it has been noticed in previous years’ papers that at least 12-13 questions come from each sub-unit on most occasions. Inorganic Chemistry, in particular, contains a lot of direct questions which, if you learn those chapters thoroughly, can be easily answered with confidence. Regular and diligent practice is required in Physical and Organic Chemistry. Some students have been scoring full marks in Chemistry in the previous years and a majority of the students have answered at least 35 correct answers out of 45. All this is possible if you structure your study plan properly and Embibe is here to help.
Preparation tips for NEET Chemistry
- Learn your formulas thoroughly. Do not leave anything out. With the regular revision, formulas should soon be at the top of your head.
- Concepts in every chapter should be properly understood. Embibe helps you to get a clearer and simpler way to understand concepts through its Knowledge Tree.
- Learn the theoretical portion of Physical Chemistry as they are often tagged in numerical questions. Use Embibe’s unlimited test series to practice till it’s made perfect!
- In Organic Chemistry, do a thorough learning of reactions by writing them down.
- Practice questions on “Conversions” daily.
- Solve previous 5-10 years papers to get acquainted with most frequently asked questions and important chapters to focus on.
- Cover the entire syllabus using only the NCERT book. Then take the full revision test on Embibe to test yourself.
How does practising on Embibe help you?
Embibe’s personalised analysis will tell you whether you are answering each question within the ideal time or over time, how many wasted attempts you commit, whether from lack of knowledge or carelessness and help identify your weak concepts so you can keep practising them to improve your score.
You have 180 minutes to answer 180 questions, but not necessarily 1 minute per question because each question carries a different difficulty level. Using Embibe’s practice tests, you will be able to time yourself better as you attempt each question.
Each question carries 4 marks and 1 negative marking. Keeping this in mind, question selection is crucial. Attempt your strongest concepts first and leave the ones that will take a longer time to complete for last.
Embibe aspires to help make every child not just a dreamer, but an achiever. With this in mind, our experts have devised a Personalised Practice Plan through its flagship product ‘RankUp’, which will provide topic level improvement as you take test after test with the help of hints, solutions, concept descriptions, and video solutions. Even more, a college and branch are predicted for you after each test based on that performance so you have an inkling of how far or near you are to your dream college! Find out more about RankUp by speaking to our experts!
If you face any issue on the preparation tips for NEET chemistry, let us know your queries in the comments section below and Embibe will get back to you.60 Views