AFCAT 2019 Notification | Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) 2019 has released the official AFCAT Admit Card for the recruitment of commissioned officers in Indian Air Force (IAF) for both technical and non-technical branches. The official AFCAT Notification 2019 has been released on the official website of AFCAT @ afcat.cdac.in. Candidates aspiring to join the Indian Air Force can download the AFCAT Admit Card from or after January 30, 2019. AFCAT 2019 is set to be held on Feb 16, 2019, and Feb 17, 2019.
To download the AFCAT Admit Card you are supposed to use Username, Password, and Security Code. AFCAT is a national level entrance exam to get recruited into the Indian Air Force. The total number of vacancies are 163, distributed among the three main branches of Indian Airforce such as Flying, Ground (Technical) and Ground (Non- Technical). Qualified candidates of AFCAT 2019 will take part in any one of the courses such as Short Service Commission (SSC) in Flying Branch and Permanent Commission (PC) or Short Service Commission (SSC) in Ground Duty (Technical and Non-technical) in the year of 2020.
This article on AFCAT 2019 notification will give you a clear idea on the AFCAT exam with information on exam pattern, eligibility criteria, important dates, application process and more. So, read on to find more
AFCAT 2019 Notification | Exam Overview
|Name of the Exam||Air Force Common Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||Indian Air Force (IAF)|
|Frequency||Twice in a year|
|The language of the Exam||English|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Duration of the Exam||2 Hours|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Marking Scheme|| +3 Marks for right answers
-1 Mark for each wrong answer
|Type of the Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
AFCAT 2019 Notification | Important Dates
|Beginning of Application||1st June 2019|
|Last Date to Apply||30th June 2019|
|Release of AFCAT Admit Card||Last week of July 2019|
|AFCAT 2019||Second week of August 2019|
|Declaration of AFCAT Result||First week of September 2019|
AFCAT 2019 Notification | Eligibility Criteria
Qualified candidates of AFCAT will be hired in one of the three branches of India Airforce. Each branch has its own eligibility criteria, so take a look below to know more.
A) Flying Branch Eligibility-
- Nationality: Only Indian citizens are allowed to participate in the examination.
- Flying Branches Eligibility: Candidate’s birth-date must fall between January 02, 1996 and January 01, 2000. For candidates with the Commercial license issued by DGCA (India), 26 years of the age is also allowed which means the candidate must have born between January 02, 1994 and January 01, 2000.
- Marital Status: Candidates of less than 25 years of age must be unmarried. Any less than 25 years old Widow, Widower or Divorcee candidates are not eligible for the exam. And, candidates cannot get married during the training. Candidates older than 25 years of the age are allowed to attempt the exam only if they get selected. But those candidates, will not get any married accommodation or a place to live with the family during the training period.
- The date of birth must be the same as per the matriculation certificate or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or a certificate issued by any Indian university.
- In case, the matriculation or any other age proof document doesn’t have a birth date in it, candidates can submit a self-attested certificate issued by the principal or headmaster of the school they have studied in. The certificate must have the date of birth details in it.
- Age mentioned in the Matriculation or Higher Secondary examination certificate will be considered as the correct birth date. Candidates must use the same at the time of filling the AFCAT Application form 2019. After the submission of the form, no changes are entertained. Variation of details in any of the certificates will disqualify the candidature.
B) Ground Duty (Technical And Non- Technical) Eligibility-
- Nationality– Domiciles of India only are eligible for the Examination.
- Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) Eligibility: Candidates with birthday between January 02, 1994 to January 01, 2000 are allowed to apply for the exam.
- Marital Status: Candidates less than 25 years old are eligible for the exam. Any Widow, Widower or Divorcee candidates who are less than 25 years old, are not eligible for the exam. Candidates cannot marry during the training period as well. If get selected, then only candidates can attempt the exam, if they’re more than 25 years old. There will be no accommodation allotment done for married candidates or candidates will not be allowed to live with their family.
- The date of birth of the candidate must be same as per the matriculation certification approved by any Indian institute or board.
- Age given in the matriculation certification will be considered as the right one. Please avoid any kind of discrepancy while filling the form.
AFCAT 2019 Notification | Educational Qualification
Ground Duty Technical Branch-
A) Aeronautical Engineers (Electronics)/ AE (L)- Candidates must have 60% in 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics along with a graduation degree of 4 years in Engineering/ Technology from a recognized university or an integrated post- graduation degree of Engineering/ Technology from a recognized university.
- i- Candidates who cleared Section A and Section B examination of Associate Member of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India with 60% are also eligible for the examination.
- ii- Candidates, who qualified their examination from the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers with a minimum of 60% marks in the following disciplines, are also eligible for the examination. Look for the type of engineering more in detail from below.
- Communication Engineering
- Computer Engineering/ Technology
- Computer Engineering and Application
- Computer Science and Engineering/ Technology
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering/ Technology
- Electronics Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Science
- Electronics and (or) Telecommunication
- Engineering Electronics and (or) Telecommunication Engineering (Microwave)
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Electronics Communication and Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics Instrument and Control
- Electronics Instrument and Control Engineering
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Instrument and Control Engineering
- Information Technology
B) Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical)/ AE (M)- Candidates who scored minimum 60% marks in 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics and possess a four-year graduation degree or an integrated post- graduation degree in engineering/ technology from any recognized institute or university, are eligible to attempt the examination. Candidates who cleared Section A & B exam of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India with a minimum of 60%, are also eligible for the exam along with the following disciplines mentioned below.
- 1. Aerospace engineering
- 2. Aeronautical Engineering
- 3. Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
- 4. Mechanical Engineering and Automation
- 5. Mechanical Engineering (Production)
- 6. Mechanical Engineering (Repair and Maintenance)
- 7. Mechatronics
- 8. Industrial Engineering
Ground Duty (Non- Technical) Branch –
- A) Administration & Logistics- A graduate degree of any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks is accepted as eligibility criteria. Candidates who cleared Section A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks are also eligible for the exam.
- B) Accounts: Degree with a minimum of 3 years duration with 60% marks from a recognized university is accepted.
- C) Education- MBA/ MCA or MSC degree is also accepted with at least 50% aggregate marks. MA in English/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Statistics/ International Relations/ Chemistry/ Defense Studies/ Psychology/ Computer Science/ IT/ Management/ Mass Communication/ Journalism/ Public Relation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks are accepted. Candidates must have a graduation degree with 60% of the aggregate marks. Both degrees must be from a recognized university. In the case of the integrated courses, minimum of 50% is required as aggregate marks.
- D) Meteorology- A postgraduate degree with minimum of 50% marks from any stream of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Geography/ Computer Applications/ Environmental Science/ Applied Physics/ Oceanography/ Meteorology/ Agricultural Meteorology/ Ecology and Environment/ Geo- Physics/ Environmental Biology are eligible.
AFCAT 2019 Notification: Physical and Medical Standards
Candidates applying for AFCAT exam 2019 must know about the Physical and Medical standards framed by Indian Air Force. Candidates will not be selected for the final recruitment without qualifying these standards, so go through the following:
- I- For the flying branch, it is mandatory for men and women both candidates have the minimum height of 162.5 cm, leg length of 99 cms (minimum)to 120 cms (maximum) and thigh length of 64 cms.
- II- For ground duty, the minimum acceptable height for men is 157.5 cms (Technical and Non-technical Candidates both). For women candidates, the minimum acceptable height is 152 cms.
- III- Candidates from Kumaun or Garhwal and hills of North East India will get 5 cms of the relaxation. If the candidate is a domicile of Lakshadweep, 2 cms of the height relaxation will be given.
AFCAT 2019 Notification: Visual Standards
A) Visual Standards for the Flying Branch
- i) Candidates with the habit of wearing spectacles regularly are not eligible. They can apply for the testing process even if they want.
- ii) Minimum vision must be 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other. Correctable to 6/6 only for hypermetropia.
- a) Color Vision CP- 1
- b) Hypermetropia- +2.0 d SPH
- iii) Retinoscopicmyopia: -0.5 in any median permitted
- iv) Astigmatism- +0.75 D Cyl (With + 2.0 DMax)
- v) Maddox Rod Test
- a) At 6 meters: Exo- 6 prism D, Eso- 6 prism D, Hyper- 1 Prism D, Hypo- 1 Prism D
- b) At 33 cms: Exo- 16 Prism D, Eso- 6 Prism D, Hyper- 1 Prism D, 1 Hypo- 1 Prism D
- vi) Handheld Stereoscope- All of BSV Grades
- vii) Convergence- Up 10 cm
- viii) Cover Test for distant and near- Latent Divergence/ convergence recovery rapid and complete.
- ix) Binocular Vision- Candidate must have a good binocular vision (fusion and stereopsis with good amplitude and depth.)
B) Visual Standards for Ground Duty (Technical) Branch
|Maximum Limits of Refractive Error||Visual Acuity Errors||Color Vision|
|Hypermetropia: +3.5 D Sph||It is mandatory for the candidates to possess the visual acuity of 6/9 in each eye. Candidates will have to wear the glass when advised.||CP-II|
|Myopia: -3.50 D SpH|
|Astigmatism: ± 2.50 D Cyl|
C) Visual Standards for Ground Duty (Non- Technical) Branch
|Sub Branch||Maximum Limits of Refractive Errors||Visual Acuity Errors||Color Vision|
|Administration||Hypermetropia: +3.5 D Sph, Myopia: 3.5 SPH, Astigmatism: ± 2.50 D Cyl in any meridian||Corrected visual acuity should be 6/6 In each eye||CP II|
+3.5 D Sph
Myopia: -3.50 D Sph
Astigmatism: ±2.50 D Cyl
|Corrected Visual acuity should be 6/6 in the better eye and 6/18 in the worse eye. Wearing glasses will be compulsory||CP III|
AFCAT 2019 Notification | Application Process
Applications for AFCAT 2019 exam should be submitted online. Candidates will have to visit any one of the website among careerindianairforce.cdac.in or afcat.cdac.in. Go through the steps given here carefully to understand the application process of AFCAT.
- Go on the website careerindianairforce.cdac.in or afcat.cdac.in.
- Click on the button Candidate Login.
- You will land on a new page. Then, click on Not yet registered? Register here.
- Create a login Id and password with an e-mail address and contact number.
- After the successful registration, you will receive a Login id and the password.
- Use the login id and password to enter into the portal.
- Reset the password and make sure that new password you choose is easy to remember.
- Log in again.
- Click on Instructions and read the instructions carefully.
- Click on the Application Form Filling to open the blank form.
- Upload your passport size picture and a scanned copy of the signature.
- After filling all the spaces, Cross-check and click on Save and Continue.
- Click Make Payment and choose your method of payment.
- Click on Payment Status to check the payment status to verify if the payment was successfully made.
- After the payment, the registration number will be generated.
- Note down the registration number for future references.
- Download and save the confirmation page for later use.
AFCAT 2019 Notification | Details to be filled in the Application form
A) Personal Information:
- Type of Entry- AFCAT/ NCC Special Entry for flying branch/ Meteorology Branch
- Candidate’s Name (As per the mark sheet of Class 10th)
- Candidate’s Father’s name (As per the mark sheet of class 10th)
- Candidate’s Mother’s Name (As per the mark sheet of Class 10th)
- E-Mail Address
- Alternate E-Mail Address
- Mobile Number
- Candidate’s Visible Identity Mark’
- CPSS/ PABT Batch Number (Choose Passed/ Failed/ Not appeared)- If passed, chose any value from I to iv.
- CPSS/ PABT Date of Passing
- CPSS/ PABT Chest No.
- CPSS/ PABT attended at which Air Force selection Board
- Do you have a current valid commercial pilot license issued by DGCA?
- Are you serving Airman or IAF?
- Select rank in IAF
- Service Number
- Current Posted Unit
- Select Command
- Select Gender
- Select Marital Status
- Date of Birth
- Confirm your birth date
B) Qualification Details
- Education Level
- Graduation Level
- Select Qualification Degree
- Course Degree (In years)
- Name of the College/ Institution
- Name of the University
- Date/ Expected Date of Obtaining the Graduation
- Enter Aggregate/ Gross Percentage scored
- Do you have a backlog?
- 10+2 aggregate or gross percentage
- Enter aggregate or gross physics percentage in 10+2
- Enter aggregate or gross mathematics percentage in 10+2
C) Course Preferences
- Courses- Flying Branch/ Ground Duty Technical/ Ground Duty Non- Technical
- Source of AFCAT information
D) Communication Details
- Full Permanent Address
- State or Union Territory
- Select City
- Fill Pin Code
- Nearest Railway Station
- Landline Number
- Aadhar Number
- Check if the permanent and current address is the same
- Correspondence Address
E) Upload Documents
The picture you upload must be of 10 KB minimum or 50 KB Maximum.
- Thumb Impression
- Check on Declaration by the candidate
- Select Exam City
AFCAT 2019 Notification | Exam Scheme
|Event||Day 1||Day 2|
(AFCAT + EKT)
(AFCAT + EKT)
|Reporting Time||08:00 AM||12:30 PM||08:00 AM||12:30 PM|
|Verification of Admit Card, ID and Biometrics, Photo/ Thumb Impression/ Sign on the attendance sheet and Candidate Seating||08:00 AM to 09: 30 AM||12:30 PM to 02:00 PM||08:00 AM to 09: 30 AM||12:30 PM to 02:00 PM|
|Reading of Instructions||09:30 AM to 09: 45 AM||02:00 PM to 02:15 PM||09:30 AM to 09: 45 AM||02:00 PM to 02:15 PM|
|Written Exam||09:45 AM to 11: 45 Am||02: 15 PM to 04: 15 PM||09:45 AM to 11: 45 Am||02: 15 PM to 04: 15 PM|
|EKT Exam||–||04:30 PM to 05: 15 PM||–||04:30 PM to 05: 15 PM|
AFCAT 2019 Notification | Syllabus
AFCAT 2019 syllabus will have 4 parts included. Candidates will have to answer 100 questions in 2 hours.
|Exam||Chapters||Duration||No. of Questions||Max Marks|
|AFCAT||General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning with Military Aptitude Test||02 Hours||100||300|
|EKT||Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical/ Electronics||45 Minutes||50||150|
AFCAT 2019 Notification | Marking Scheme
- You will get 4 marks for each right answer.
- There won’t be any deduction for unattempted questions.
- Negative Marking: In case of an incorrect attempt, 1 mark will be deducted from the total.
AFCAT 2019 Notification | Admit Card
AFCAT Admit Card will be available to download from Feb 01, 2019. The admit card will be sent into personal mail ids of the candidates. And, to download the admit card, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Visit the website careerindianairforce.cdac.in.
- Sign in with Username, Password, and the Captcha Code.
- Look for the tab written AFCAT Admit Card on it.
- Click on the PDF to open it.
- Download the PDF for later references.
- Carrying Hard copy of AFCAT Admit Card is mandatory, please do not forget to take a print out of the same.
Details on AFCAT Admit Card 2019
Verify the following details from the admit card:
- Name of the candidate.
- Father’s name.
- Registration Number.
- Roll Number.
- Name and Address of the exam center.
- Date and Time of the exam.
Documents to carry to the exam center
- Printed Copy of the admit card.
- Aadhar Card
- Another valid photo id like PAN/ DL etc.
- Two passport photographs
- Ballpoint pen (blue or black)
As you now know, AFCAT exam will be conducted on February 16th and February 17th of 2019 and aspiring candidates can download the AFCAT Admit Card for the exam from Jan 30th, 2018. We advise, you to start your exam preparation way ahead since it is one of the toughest recruitment exams in India. You can crack the AFCAT 2019 exam with the right motivation and dedication so don’t wait away for the right moment and give in your 100% percent dedication to the exam. Follow the news on regular basis and keep yourself updated on the events happening around the globe, especially India. Most importantly, think and act like an Airforce officer during the test.
We hope that we have provided you with all the required information on AFCAT 2019. If you have any query regarding the same, feel free to drop a comment below. We will get back to you in a very short time.
We wish you all the best for your exam.