AFMS PG Counselling 2020 – Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) and the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS) will organise the centralised counselling for AFMS PG admissions. DGHS will be conducting AFMS PG 2020 counselling on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). The registrations for AFMS PG counselling have already begun on March 12, 2020. The Medical PG aspirants can apply by visiting the official website of MCC to register and fill the application form. The last date to apply for AFMS PG counselling 2020 is March 22, 2020.
After the completion of registrations, authorities of Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) and the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS) will release the merit list of shortlisted candidates who will be further invited to participate in the counselling session. Read the complete article to know more about the AFMS PG Counselling 2020.
AFMS PG Counselling 2020 – Overview
In order to appear and participate in the counselling session candidates will need to start from basic information regarding the same. Here a table is given below for candidates’ reference.
|Name||Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS)|
|Name of the exam||NEET PG 2020|
|Admission Conducting Body||Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) o behalf of MCC and the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS|
|Exam Conducting Authority||National Board of Examination (NBE)|
|Admission will be based on||Marks obtained in NEET PG 2020|
AFMS PG Counselling 2020 – Important Dates
The dates of AFMS PG Counselling 2020 is important information for candidates willing to get into AFMS PG courses. Here are the released dates of registration and tentative dates of counselling for candidates’ reference.
|Online Registration Start Date||March 12, 2020|
|Online Registration Last Date||Mach 22, 2020|
|Release of Merit List (Priority-wise)||To be Notified|
|Counselling Round Priority 1 and 2||To be Notified|
|Counselling Round Priority 3||To be Notified|
|Counselling Round Priority 4||To be Notified|
|Counselling Round Priority 5||To be Notified|
Note: Candidates please note, these are tentative dates and are subject to change. Due to the outbreak of Covid-19, the dates may shift in future.
AFMS PG Counselling 2020 – Priority/Category for Admission
The authorities have divided the seats into different priorities. The counselling process for all priorities may differ. Even the eligibility criteria will also be different.
- Priority 1: Currently serving officers of AFMS.
- Priority 2: Foreign candidates who are sponsored by Indian Government. These candidates will be accepted on the approval of the Ministry of Defence/DGAFMA/Ministry of External Affairs.
- Priority 3: Medical Officers sponsored by Parliamentary Forces or other organisations of Indian Government. For such candidates, it is compulsory to furnish sponsorship certificates with subjects for sponsorship by the authority to be considered for counselling.
- Priority 4: This belongs to officers who were ex-servicemen and have completed their contractual service. Candidates belonging to this category can apply only if they have completed their contractual services on or after May 1, 2017 or before April 30, 2020. This does not apply for candidates who have been dismissed/removed/resigned.
- Priority 5: Civilian doctors who are eligible and are ready to serve AFMS for a duration of five years after having completed the course. Doctors under this category have to sign a bond of INR 29,00,000 to the government of India for admission.
AFMS PG Counselling 2020 – Participating Institutes
Here is a list of institutes where eligible candidates will be getting admission.
- Army Hospital (Research and Referral), Delhi Cantt
- Command Hospital (Air Force), Bangalore
- Institute of Aerospace Medicine, Bangalore
- Command Hospital (Western Comand), Chandimandir
- Command Hospital (Eastern Command), Kolkata
- INHS Asvini, Mumbai
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Command Hospital (Central Command), Lucknow
AFMS PG Counselling 2020 – Seat Matrix
As mentioned above there are 8 participating colleges which have different seat counts for every course. Read the picture given below to know about the exact seat matrix.
AFMS PG Counselling 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) and the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS) have a set of eligibility criteria for candidates who wish to take admission via AFMS PG Counselling 2020. Here are some points given for candidates’ reference to check whether he/she is eligible enough or not.
Nationality – Candidates should be Indian except Priority 2 candidates.
Age – There is a specific age limit for priority 5 candidates only. Such candidates must not be more than 35 years of age.
Degree – It is mandatory for candidates to have an MBBS degree from a recognised institution.
Registration – Candidates must hold permanent registration certificate issued by the Medical Council of India (MCI) or State Medical Council (SMC)
Qualifying Examination – Candidate should qualify NEET PG and should have minimum qualifying percentile as mentioned below:
AFMS PG Counselling 2020 – Application Form
Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) and the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS) have already released the application form of AFMS PG Medical Counselling 2020. Candidates can visit the official website of MCC and fill the application form. The last date to fill the application form is March 22, 2020. Candidates who wish to be a part of counselling should register themselves via online mode. Candidates please note, the details once filled in the application form cannot be changed in future and hence candidates should be alert while filling the application form. The process of filling the application form can be completed after the payment of application form fee. The AFMS PG Medical Counselling application form fee is rupees 1000.
AFMS PG Counselling 2020: Merit list
Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) and the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS) will be responsible for releasing the AFMS PG priority-wise merit list 2020. The merit list is an important list as it contains the names of the shortlisted candidates. The merit list will consist of names of the candidates who have been shortlisted along with details like counselling venue, date and timings etc. The dates of release of AFMS PG 2020 merit list have not been announced yet. Shortlisted candidates who will have their names mentioned in the merit list will be invited to participate in the counselling session for admission in desired college.
AFMS PG Counselling 2020 – Counselling Process
Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) and the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS) will conduct the counselling process via offline mode. Candidates with their names in the merit list will be called for the counselling session of AFMS PG 2020. Candidates, who have successfully registered themselves, meet the eligibility criteria and have qualified NEET PG 2020 will have their names in the merit list. The exact dates of counselling have not been declared yet. For participating in the AFMS PG Counselling 2020 candidates will have to bring certain documents for verification. Any candidate who fails to bring these documents will have to face cancellation of his/her candidature.
Documents required for verification process
- Transfer certificate
- Subject-wise certificate
- Six Passport Sized Photographs
- Release order from Armed Forces Medical Services by DGAFMS concerned Medical Directorate and movement order from last unit (only for Priority 4)
- Permanent/Provisional Medical Council/ SMC registration certificate
- NEET PG scorecard 2020
- MBBS pass certificate
- Internship completion certificate
- First to final year MBBS mark sheets
- Copy of NEET PPG Admit Card 2020
- Class 10th pass certificate
- Attempt certificate
- AFMS PG medical registration slip
AFMS PG Counselling 2020 – Admission Criteria
There are certain conditions set by the authorities of Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) and the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS) which are important to be fulfilled by candidates in order to get a seat and admission. Candidates please note that although the given points are important but fulfilment of these points do not guarantee admission.
- AFMS PG 2020 admission is provisional and can be rectified or confirmed by the university concerned and the office of DGAFMS.
- Candidates are advised to keep their NEET PG 2020 admit card and registration slip with multiple photocopies with them.
- Candidates should note that the decision of the commandant of the college regarding admission will be deemed final.
- Selected candidates have to bring additional documents for admission.
AFMS PG Counselling 2020 – Bond Details
Candidates who belong to priority 5 will have to sign a body for AFMS PG medical admission. Details for the same are given below:
- Priority 5 candidates will have to sign a bond for five year tenure as Short Service Commissioned (SSC) Officer with the Armed Forces Medical Services. Failing to do so will result in payment of certain amount sanctioned by the Government of India.
- The authorities will upload the bond format on the official website which candidates have to read thoroughly. Candidates please note that there will be changes in the bonds from time to time as per the government rules and regulations. Candidates must always be ready to furnish the fresh bond whenever it happens.
- The bond has to be executed on INR 100 non-judicial stamp paper and registered / notarized with office of sub-registrar and submitted on the day of counselling.
- Any expense occurred in the whole process will have to be borne by the candidates.
AFMS PG Counselling 2020 – FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Below we have provided some of the questions generally asked by the candidates.
Q1: Which authority conducts AFMS PG Counselling 2020?
Ans: Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) and the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS) will conduct the AFMS PG 2020 Counselling.
Q2: Which Priority candidates will have to sign a bond?
Ans: The candidates belonging to Priority 5 will have to sign a bond.
Q3: How many colleges will participate in the centralised counselling of AFMS PG Medical Admission 2020?
Ans: There are 8 participating medical colleges.
Q4: How many years will a candidate has to serve after signing a bond?
Ans: Candidates will have to serve for 5 years.
Q5: Is it mandatory for priority 5 candidates to sign a bond?
Ans: Yes, signing a bond is mandatory for Priority 5 cadidates.
We hope that this information on AFMS PG Counselling has helped you. If you have any queries then you can ask us and we will answer you. Use the comment section below for any queries and comments.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for latest news and updates on AFMS PG Counselling 2020474 Views