AFMS PG Medical Admission 2020 – Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) and the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS) will conduct counselling session for AFMS PG Admission 2020. DGHS will conduct counselling on the behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) has released notification for second round of counselling for AFMS PG Medical Admission 2020.
As per the notification released, the registration process will start on June 3 and the last date will be June 9, 2020. The process of choice filling and locking will be conducted between June 4 and June 9, 2020. MCI will take 2 days to process the seat allotment list and the result will be declared on June 12, 2020. Candidates who have been alloted seat have to report to the alloted college from June 12 to June 18. Read the complete article to know more about the AFMS PG Medical Admission 2020.
Latest: Click here for notification by MCI for Second round of counselling.
AFMS PG Medical Admission 2020 – Overview
Candidates should read about the basic information first before moving forward with the eligibility criteria for filing the application form. Here a table is given below for candidates’ reference.
|Name||Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS)|
|Name of the exam||NEET PG 2020|
|Admission Conducting Body||Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) on behalf of MCC and |
The Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS)
|Exam Conducting Authority||National Board of Examination (NBE)|
|Admission will be based on||Marks obtained in NEET PG 2020|
AFMS PG Medical 2020 Admission – Important Dates
Candidates seeking admission in AFMS PG Medical Admission should know about the important dates of future events. Here are the released dates of registration and tentative dates of second round of counselling for candidates’ reference.
|Online Registration Start Date (Round 2)||June 3, 2020|
|Online Registration Last Date (Round 2)||June 9, 2020|
|Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2)||June 4 to June 9, 2020|
|Seat Allotment List (Round 2)||June 12, 2020|
|Reporting to college||June 12 to June 18, 2020|
|Counselling Round Priority 3||To be Notified|
|Counselling Round Priority 4||To be Notified|
|Counselling Round Priority 5||To be Notified|
Note: Candidates please note, these are tentative dates and are subject to change. Due to the outbreak of Covid-19, the dates may shift in future.
AFMS PG Medical Admission 2020 – Priority/Category for Admission
The seats for admission have been divided into different priorities. Candidates must note that the counselling procedure will not be the same for all priorities. Even the eligibility criteria will also be different.
- Priority 1: Currently serving officers of AFMS.
- Priority 2: Foreign candidates who are sponsored by Indian Government. These candidates will be accepted on the approval of the Ministry of Defence/DGAFMA/Ministry of External Affairs.
- Priority 3: Medical Officers sponsored by Parliamentary Forces or other organisations of Indian Government. For such candidates, it is compulsory to furnish sponsorship certificates with subjects for sponsorship by the authority to be considered for counselling.
- Priority 4: This belongs to officers who were ex-servicemen and have completed their contractual service. Candidates belonging to this category priority can apply only if they have completed their contractual services on or after May 1, 2017 or before April 30, 2020. This does not apply for candidates who have been dismissed/removed/resigned.
- Priority 5: Civilian doctors who are eligible and are ready to serve AFMS for a duration of five years after having completed the course. Doctors under this category have to sign a bond of INR 29,00,000 to the government of India for admission
AFMS PG Medical Admission 2020 – Participating Institutes
As many as eight institutes offer MD, MS courses and shortlist candidates through AFMS PG 2020.
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Command Hospital (Air Force), Bangalore
- Institute of Aerospace Medicine, Bangalore
- Command Hospital (Central Command), Lucknow
- INHS Asvini, Mumbai
- Command Hospital (Western Comand), Chandimandir
- Army Hospital (Research and Referral), Delhi Cantt
- Command Hospital (Eastern Command), Kolkata
AFMS PG Medical Admission 2020 – Seat Matrix
In order to estimate one’s chances of securing a seat, candidates need to look over to the AFMC PG seat matrix. Read the picture given below to know about the exact seat matrix among all participating colleges.
AFMS PG Medical 2020 Admission – Eligibility Criteria
To grab a seat candidate will need to fulfil the eligibility criteria. Here are a few points of AFMS PG Medical Admission eligibility criteria.
Nationality – Candidates should be Indian except Priority 2 candidates.
Age – There is a specific age limit for priority 5 candidates only. Such candidates must not be more than 35 years of age.
Degree – It is mandatory for candidates to have an MBBS degree from a recognised institution.
Registration – Candidates must hold permanent registration certificate issued by the Medical Council of India (MCI) or State Medical Council (SMC)
Qualifying Examination – Candidate should qualify NEET PG and should have minimum qualifying percentile as mentioned below.
AFMS PG Medical Admission 2020 – Application Form
Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) and the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS) released the application form of AFMS PG Medical Admission 2020 for candidates on March 12, 2020. The NEET PG aspirants can fill the form till March 22, 2020. Candidates who wish to secure admission into AFMS should register themselves via online mode. The candidates will have to visit the official website of MCC and fill the application form. Once the details have been filled in the application form cannot be changed in future, so they are required to be attentive while filling the application form. The authorities will conduct counselling for All India Quota of 15%, Central and Deemed Universities and AFMS Institution. The process of filling the application form can be completed after the payment of the application form fee. The AFMS PG application form fee is Rs. 1000.
AFMS PG Medical Admission Merit List
Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) and the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS) will release priority wise merit list. The merit list will consist of names of the candidates who have been shortlisted along with details like counselling venue, date and timings etc. Candidates who will have their names in the merit list will be called for counselling procedure to be held in future. DGAFMS will release 5 merit lists for five priorities.
AFMS PG Medical 2020 Admission – Counselling Process
Candidates who will have their names in the merit list will be called for participating in the AFMS PG Medical counselling procedure. Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) and the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS) will conduct the counselling process via offline mode. Candidates, who have successfully registered themselves, meet the eligibility criteria and have qualified NEET PG 2020 will have names in the AFMS PG Medical 2020 Admission merit list. To participate in the counselling process of AFMS PG Medical Admission candidates will have to bring certain documents for verification.
Documents required for verification process
- Copy of NEET PG Admit Card 2020
- Six Passport Sized Photographs
- AFMS PG medical registration slip
- NEET PG scorecard 2020
- MBBS pass certificate
- Class 10th pass certificate
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent/Provisional Medical Council/ SMC registration certificate
- Attempt certificate
- First to final year MBBS mark sheets
- Transfer certificate
- Subject-wise certificate
- Release order from Armed Forces Medical Services by DGAFMS concerned Medical Directorate and movement order from last unit (only for Priority 4)
AFMS PG Medical Admission 2020 – Admission Criteria
The authorities of Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) and the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS) have certain conditions which are important to be fulfilled by candidates in order to get a seat and admission. Candidates, please note that although the given points are important but fulfilment of these points does not guarantee admission.
- AFMS PG 2020 admission is provisional and can be rectified or confirmed by the university concerned and the office of DGAFMS.
- Selected candidates have to bring additional documents for admission.
- Candidates should note that the decision of the commandant of the college regarding admission will be deemed final.
- Candidates are advised to keep their NEET PG 2020 admit card and registration slip with multiple photocopied with them.
AFMS PG Medical Admission 2020 – FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Below we have provided some of the questions generally asked by the candidates.
Q1: Which authority conducts AFMS PG Medical Admission 2020?
Ans: Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) and the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS) will conduct the AFMS PG 2020 Medical Admission.
Q2: In what mode candidates will be able to fill the application form?
Ans: The candidates will be able to fill the application form via online mode.
Q3: How many colleges will participate in the centralised counselling of AFMS PG Medical Admission 2020?
Ans: There are 8 participating medical colleges.
Q4: Which Exam do candidates need to qualify?
Ans: Candidates need to qualify NEET PG 2020.
Q5: When will the authorities first merit list?
Ans: The release date of merit list has not been announced yet.
We hope that this information on AFMS PG Medical Admission has helped you. If you have any queries then you can ask us and we will answer you. Use the comment section below for any queries and comments.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for latest news and updates on AFMS PG Medical Admission 2020355 Views