AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2019 will be conducted online June 20, 2019, for MBBS admissions to 15 AIIMS Colleges across India. 1027 seats will be offered for admissions through AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2019. AIIMS MBBS 2019 Counselling will be held in 4 rounds including AIIMS Open Round Counselling. Those candidates who have cleared AIIMS MBBS 2019 exam and the candidate’s name which are present in the AIIMS MBBS Merit List will be eligible to participate in Online Counselling. In each round of AIIMS MBBS Counselling, four times the total number of seats in each category will be called. Candidates who wish to participate in AIIMS Online Counselling must register themselves online. Those candidates who register successfully for AIIMS 2019 Counselling will be asked to fill and lock the choice of colleges and courses which they want to pursue.
In order to get an idea about AIIMS MBBS Counselling, the officials will organize mock counselling before the first round of counselling. In AIIMS Mock Round Counselling candidates will be able to exercise the choice preferences amongst available AIIMS institutions, mock allocation, re-shuffling of choices, allocation of seats and acceptance/ rejection of seat by the candidate. After the completion of Mock Round Counselling, AIIMS MBBS First Round Counselling will begin. Those candidates who will be allocated a seat in AIIMS MBBS Counselling will have to deposit their original certificates and fee at the allotted institution. Read on to know more about AIIMS Counselling 2019.
AIIMS MBBS Counselling Dates 2019
The important AIIMS MBBS Counselling Dates 2019 are tabulated below:
|AIIMS MBBS exam date||May 25 and 26, 2019|
|Announcement of result||June 12, 2019|
|Counselling commences||June 20, 2019|
Cutoff Required To Participate In AIIMS Counselling
The following AIIMS MBBS Cutoff lists only eligible candidates equivalent to four times the total number of seats available in all the above AIIMS in each category. The category wise Cutoff tabulated below also applicable for Mock Round / 1st Round of Seat Allocation / Online Counselling.
|Category||Cut-off Percentile Eligible||Overall Rank||Category Rank|
|OBC (NCL) PWBD||90.3963487||32709||12356|
|PWBD-ST||None qualified||None qualified||None qualified|
How To Participate In AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2019?
AIIMS New Delhi is yet to release the details of the online procedure of AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2019. The stepwise procedure of registering for AIIMS Counselling 2019 will be updated here as soon as the details are released by AIIMS New Delhi. Candidates who are qualified in AIIMS MBBS 2019 entrance by scoring the minimum qualifying percentage and are also included in the rank list of candidates are eligible to participate in the first round of AIIMS MBBS Counselling. The step by step procedure to participate in AIIMS MBBS Counselling is listed below:
Step 1: Counselling Registration – First-time users eligible for the first round of counselling will be required to register for participating in the counselling process. Candidates will be able to register for online counselling of AIIMS MBBS 2019 by clicking on the online counselling link which will be made available in the ‘MyPage’ account of eligible candidates. MyPage account is the same account candidates registered for at the time of filling their AIIMS MBBS 2019 application form.
[The AIIMS MBBS Counselling Registration Link will be made available here once released.]
Step 2: Exercising the Choice Preferences – After the successful registration, candidates will have to log in to the counselling module. Eligible candidates will now be able to indicate their preferences of AIIMS institutions and record the same in the portal. At this point, they can add/delete/order/reorder their choice preferences. After making the choices, candidates will be able to save their choices and lock-in & submit the choices. After submission, candidates will not be able to make changes (new addition, reordering, deleting, etc.) until the ongoing counselling round ends.
Step 3: Mock Allotment Results – Online mock allotment results will be released in the first round of counselling only. The mock allotment is done to give an idea to the candidates about the counselling procedure and a rough idea as to the AIIMS college they are likely to be allotted as per their present preferences.
Step 4: Editing and Final Submission of Choices – After mock allotments, candidates will be able to edit their earlier choice preferences (reshuffle the order of AIIMS selected, add new ones, etc.) if desired. This window will be opened for a few days only.
Step 5: Seat Allotment Result – Seats will now be allotted as per candidates’ preferences and their merit ranks in AIIMS MBBS 2019. The result of seat allotment of AIIMS MBBS 2019 will be published here as well.
Step 6: Acceptance or Rejection of Allotted Seat – After candidates are allotted a seat in available AIIMS institutions, they will then need to express whether or not they are willing to take admission on the allotted seat. Candidates who will be allotted a seat will be able to take the following actions:
- a. Actively refuse the seat: As per the rules of AIIMS MBBS 2019 counselling, unless a candidate explicitly refuses the seat allotted to him/her, it will be presumed that one has accepted the seat. So, in case one doesn’t wish to take admission on the allotted seat, they will have to actively refuse the seat by logging into their portal and refuse the seat within stipulated date and time.
- b. Accept the seat and take admission: In case one wishes to accept the seat allotted to him/her, they can do so by ‘reporting at the allotted college’ and submit the documents and fee as will be stated in the schedule of AIIMS MBBS counselling 2019.
- c. Hold the allotted seat, and also participate in subsequent counselling rounds: In case one who has been allotted a seat wishes to hold the allotted seat and at the same time participate in further counselling rounds, then such a candidate will need to deposit the fee and documents at allotted AIIMS, and also express his/her desire to participate in other counselling rounds by selecting appropriate option in the portal.
- d. Failure to take any action: In case one who has been allotted a seat fails to take any action, i.e., neither reports to college, refuse/accept the seat, etc. then such candidate will be rendered ineligible for further rounds of counselling, including open round (to be confirmed after the release of the notification of counselling of AIIMS MBBS 2019.
[The actions which are mentioned above are based on previous year counselling rules. Once the AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2019 actions rules are released we will update here.]
Step 7 – Reporting to the allotted institute – Once the seat has been allotted to candidates. They need to appear at AIIMS Institute with some documents. Their documents will be verified and hence the admission procedure will be completed. Candidates are advised to bring original documents as well as their respective photocopies. Also, do not forget the Demand Draft. We have mentioned those documents below
AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2019 | Documents Required
The following documents will be required at the time of reporting to the allotted college:
- AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2019
- Call letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Date of Birth Proof
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Category certificate from the prescribed authority (For SC/ST/OBC category candidates)
- Six passport size photographs
- One set of self-attested copies of all certificates
AIIMS MBBS Second Round Counselling
The second round of AIIMS MBBS Counselling takes place after the completion of the first round. Those candidates who have registered themselves in AIIMS MBBS Mock Round Counselling are eligible to participate in second round counselling. The following candidates are also eligible to participate in AIIMS Second Round Counselling:
- Those candidates who have been allocated a seat in the first round, but have selected option 3 or 4 can participate in the second round of AIIMS MBBS Counselling.
- Candidates participated in the first round of Counselling but were not allotted any seat are eligible to participate in the second round.
- Candidates obtaining 50% of marks in AIIMS MBBS but were not invited for the first round of counselling will not be allowed to appear for the subsequent rounds of Counselling. But these candidates are eligible to participate in open round or spot counselling.
AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2019 – Seat Matrix
|AIIMS, New Delhi||107|
|AIIMS, Rae Bareli||50|
AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2019 – Fee Structure
The following table explains shows the AIIMS MBBS fee structure. The fees must be paid in cash only. Candidates cannot pay the fee through cheques and drafts, money orders or any other modes. The fee extension date will not be permitted in any case.
|Academic & Other Fees||Amount in Rs||Hostel & Other Fees||Amount in Rs|
|Registration Fee||25||Hostel Rent||990|
|Caution Fee||100||Gymkhana Fee||220|
|Tuition Fee||1350||Pot Fund||1320|
|Laboratory Fee||90||Electricity Charges||198|
|Student Union Fee||63||Mess Security + Hostel Security||500 +1000|
We hope this detailed article on AIIMS MBBS Counselling helps you. If you have any query regarding AIIMS MBBS Counselling or the exam in general, drop a comment below and we will get back to you.961 Views