AIIMS Counselling 2019: The online counselling for MBBS 2019 will tentatively begin from July 3, 2019. Online AIIMS Counselling 2019, will most likely be held in three rounds, followed by an open round counselling. The candidates will have to wait for the AIIMS Result to know if they will be eligible to participate in the first round of counselling. Candidates equal to four times the total number of seats in each category will be shortlisted for the AIIMS Counselling.
The AIIMS Counselling process will include one-time online registration, exercising of choice preferences amongst available AIIMS institutions, mock allocation, re-shuffling of choices, allocation of seats and acceptance/rejection of seat by the candidate. Candidates who will be allocated a seat will be required to deposit their original certificates and fee at the allotted institution. Read on to know more about AIIMS Counselling 2019.
AIIMS Counselling 2019
Below we have given the important dates that one should be knowing:
|Declaration of AIIMS Result / Merit List||
June 12, 2019
|First round of AIIMS Counselling||
July 3 to 6, 2019*
|Second round of AIIMS Counselling||
August 2, 2019*
|Third round of AIIMS Counselling||
September 4, 2019*
|Open round AIIMS Counselling||
September 27, 2019*
*Tentative Dates subject to change
AIIMS Counselling 2019 | Online Procedure
AIIMS New Delhi is yet to release the details of the online procedure of AIIMS Counselling 2019. The stepwise procedure of registering for AIIMS Counselling 2019 will be updated here as soon as the details are released by AIIMS New Delhi.
Candidates who qualify AIIMS MBBS 2019 entrance by scoring the minimum qualifying percentage and are also included in the rank list of candidates will be eligible to participate in the first round of AIIMS Counselling. The following steps will be followed for AIIMS Counselling:
Step 1: Counselling Registration – First-time users eligible for the first round of counselling will be required to register for participating in the counselling process. Candidates will be able to register for online counselling of AIIMS MBBS 2019 by clicking on the online counselling link which will be made available in the ‘MyPage’ account of eligible candidates. MyPage account is the same account candidates registered for at the time of filling their AIIMS MBBS 2019 application form.
Step 2: Exercising the Choice Preferences – After registration, candidates will have to log in to the counselling module. Eligible candidates will now be able to indicate their preferences of AIIMS institutions and record the same in the portal. At this point, they can add/delete/order/reorder their choice preferences. After making the choices, candidates will be able to save their choices and lock-in & submit the choices. After submission, candidates will not be able to make changes (new addition, reordering, deleting, etc.) until the ongoing counselling round ends.
Step 3: Mock Allotment Results – Online mock allotment results will be released in the first round of counselling only. The mock allotment is done to give an idea to the candidates about the counselling procedure and a rough idea as to the AIIMS college they are likely to be allotted as per their present preferences.
Step 4: Editing and Final Submission of Choices – After mock allotments, candidates will be able to edit their earlier choice preferences (reshuffle the order of AIIMS selected, add new ones, etc.) if desired. This window will be opened for a few days only.
Step 5: Seat Allotment Result – Seats will now be allotted as per candidates’ preferences and their merit ranks in AIIMS MBBS 2018. The result of seat allotment of AIIMS MBBS 2018 will be published here as well.
Step 6: Acceptance or Rejection of Allotted Seat – After candidates are allotted a seat in available AIIMS institutions, they will then need to express whether or not they are willing to take admission on the allotted seat. Candidates who will be allotted a seat will be able to take the following actions:
- Actively refuse the seat: As per the rules of AIIMS MBBS 2018 counselling, unless a candidate explicitly refuses the seat allotted to him/her, it will be presumed that one has accepted the seat. So, in case one doesn’t wish to take admission on the allotted seat, they will have to actively refuse the seat by logging into their portal and refuse the seat within stipulated date and time.
- Accept the seat and take admission: In case one wishes to accept the seat allotted to him/her, they can do so by ‘reporting at the allotted college’ and submit the documents and fee as will be stated in the schedule of AIIMS MBBS counselling 2018.
- Hold the allotted seat, and also participate in subsequent counselling rounds: In case one who has been allotted a seat wishes to hold the allotted seat and at the same time participate in further counselling rounds, then such a candidate will need to deposit the fee and documents at allotted AIIMS, and also express his/her desire to participate in other counselling rounds by selecting appropriate option in the portal.
- Failure to take any action: In case one who has been allotted a seat fails to take any action, i.e., neither reports to college, refuse/accept the seat, etc. then such candidate will be rendered ineligible for further rounds of counselling, including open round (to be confirmed after the release of the notification of counselling of AIIMS MBBS 2018.
Step 7 – Reporting to the allotted institute – Once the seat has been allotted to candidates. They need to appear at AIIMS Institute with some documents. Their documents will be verified and hence the admission procedure will be completed. Candidates are advised to bring original documents as well as their respective photocopies. Also, do not forget the Demand Draft. We have mentioned those documents below
AIIMS Counselling 2019 | Documents Required
The following documents will be required at the time of reporting to the allotted college:
- AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2019
- Call letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Date of Birth Proof
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Category certificate from the prescribed authority (For SC/ST/OBC category candidates)
- Six passport size photographs
- One set of self-attested copies of all certificates
AIIMS Counselling 2019 | Eligibility
Tabulated below is the minimum qualifying percentage of AIIMS MBBS 2019:
Equivalent Qualifying Marks (Out of 200)
| Other Backward Classes
|Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes||
AIIMS Counselling 2019 | Seat Matrix
|AIIMS New Delhi||
AIIMS Counselling 2019 | Fee Structure
We have tabulated down the admission fees for AIIMS that you need to pay after counselling.
|Academic & Other Fees||Amount in Rs|
|Student Union Fee||63|
|Hostel & Other Fees||Amount in Rs|
We hope this detailed article on AIIMS Counselling helps you. If you have any query regarding AIIMS Counselling or the exam in general, drop a comment below and we will get back to you.