AIIMS M.Sc Entrance Exam 2020 – All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi has released the result of M.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam on June 19. AIIMS M.Sc Nursing entrance exam was conducted on June 11, 2020. The admit card has released on June 6, 2020. The examination of M.Sc. and M.Sc. Biotechnology Courses will be conducted on July 4, 2020.
AIIMS M.Sc entrance exam is a national-level exam for admission in M.Sc. Nursing and M.Sc/ M.Sc Biotechnology. Candidates willing to take the entrance examination must be eligible as per the criteria set by the institute. Complete details on AIIMS M.Sc entrance exam 2020 are provided in this article further below.
Latest: To Download AIIMS MSc Nursing Result – Click Here
AIIMS M.Sc Entrance Exam 2020 – Overview
The examination for AIIMS M.Sc entrance for this academic year is to be conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. There are many basic highlights that must be known by candidates aspiring to complete his/her post-graduation degree from AIIMS. Given below is an overview of the AIIMS M.Sc Entrance Exam 2020.
Overview of AIIMS M.Sc Entrance Exam 2020
|Full Exam Name||All India Institute of Medical Sciences Nursing|
|Short Exam Name||AIIMS Nursing|
|Conducting Body||AIIMS New Delhi|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Application Fee (General)||1500 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|AIIMS Nursing M.Sc. – Duration||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
AIIMS M.Sc Entrance Exam 2020 – Important Dates
As per the revised schedule, the table given is updated for candidates to get the complete updated schedule for AIIMS M.Sc entrance exam 2020. Due to the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic, the complete admission process for AIIMS admission 2020 has now been revised. Therefore, candidates must be aware of the changes.
AIIMS M.Sc Entrance Exam 2020 Important Dates:
|basic registration||December 13, 2019|
|last date to complete the basic registration||January 16 – January 31, 2020|
|Correction of deficiencies||February 6 – 17, 2020|
|Final status (Accepted & Rejected)||February 24, 2020|
|Uploading of Prospectus||March 12, 2020|
|Generation of Code for Final Registration||May 4 to 11, 2020|
|Final Registration (Payment of fees and city choice)||May 4 to 11, 2020|
|Final Status of M.Sc Nursing application||May 15, 2020|
|Re-choose the exam centre||May 15 – 18, 2020|
|Last date for submission of required documents||May 20, 2020|
|Availability of admit card for M.Sc Nursing||June 3, 2020|
|Admit Cards of M.Sc. Courses / M.Sc Biotechnology||May 21, 2020|
|Examination of M.Sc. Nursing||June 11, 2020|
|Examination of M.Sc. and M.Sc. Biotechnology Courses||July 4, 2020|
|Result Declaration for M.Sc Nursing||June 19, 2020|
AIIMS M.Sc Entrance Exam 2020 – Courses Offered
There are various courses offered by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences for candidates aspiring to complete their masters in science or M.Sc degree from the institution. Given below are some of the courses offered by the institute.
- Perfusion Technology
- Reproductive Biology
- Clinical Embryology
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Cardiological/ CTVS Nursing
- Neurosciences Nursing
- Oncological Nursing
- Paediatric Nursing
- Nephrological Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
AIIMS M.Sc Entrance Exam 2020 – Eligibility
As per the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, there are some major eligibility criteria that must be fulfilled by each and every candidate applying for AIIMS M.Sc entrance examination 2020. Therefore, every candidate must go through these criteria given below as per course before starting to apply for admission.
Eligibility for M.Sc (Nursing)
- A candidate must have passed B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing / B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Certificate)/ Post-Basic / B Sc. Nursing (4years) course from an educational institution recognised by the Indian Nursing Council.
- Also, the candidate must have passed the qualifying exam with at least 60% marks. 55% marks are the minimum for SC/ST category candidates.
- The candidate must have a registration as Nurse, RN, RM (Registered Nurse, Registered Midwife) with any State Nursing Council.
Eligibility for M.Sc Courses
The candidate must have the following qualification and must have secured 60% marks in it whereas it is 55% for SC/ST category candidates. Qualification required for M. Sc Medical Anatomy, Medical Biochemistry, Biophysics, Medical Physiology, Medical Pharmacology and Biotechnology is given below:
- Candidates should have at least 55% marks in MBBS/BDS whereas it is 50% for SC/ ST candidates.
- B. Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (4½ year course)
- B.Sc. degree of minimum three years duration in any subject.
For Reproductive Biology and Clinical Embryology – Candidates should possess B.Sc degree in any of the discipline related to Biology or allied Biology
For Nuclear Medicine Technology –
- Candidates must have B.Sc. degree courses in Nuclear Medicine from a recognized University. OR
- B.Sc. degree with Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics from a recognized University. OR
- B.Sc in allied/ related subject i.e. Radio Diagnosis/ Radiotherapy from a recognized University. OR
- B.Sc. in Life Sciences with Physics as a subject from recognized University.
For Cardiovascular Imaging and Endovascular Technologies – Candidates should have a B.Sc. degree in Radiography from a recognized University.
Eligibility for M.Sc Biotechnology – Admission requirements are the same as other M.Sc. Courses along with B. Tech (Biotechnology).
AIIMS M.Sc Entrance Exam 2020 – Application Form
The application form for AIIMS M.Sc entrance examination must be filled only through online mode. Every candidate willing to apply for the examination can take a look at the steps elaborated below in order to apply for the AIIMS M.Sc entrance examination 2020.
Step 1st – Online Registration
- Firstly, candidates need to fill up personal details (name, parents’ name, date of birth, gender, etc.), and contact details (mobile number, email ID).
- Click ‘Save & Proceed’ after filling up this page.
- Applicants will receive an email and SMS having your candidate ID and Password on your registered email ID and mobile number.
Step 2nd – Qualification and Address details
Next, a candidate needs to Log in using the credentials and edit the details and fill up their educational qualification and address details.
Step 3rd – Make Payment
The next step is to pay the requisite fees by Credit/ Debit Card or Net banking. Application fees can be paid only via online mode.
- General / Unreserved (UR): Rs. 1,500
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): Rs. 1,500
- SC/ST: Rs. 1,200
- Person with Benchmark Disability (PWBD): Nill
Step 4th – City Choice: Applicants must choose their centre of examination wisely, exam centre once chosen cannot be changed.
Step 5th – Upload Images: Upload scanned images of your recent, passport-sized photograph, signature and left thumb impression. The supported digital image format is .gif, .png, .jpg/ .jpeg.
Step 6th – Print Application Form: Finally make sure to print out the confirmation page generated and save it for future reference.
AIIMS M.Sc Entrance Exam 2020 – Admit Card
The registered candidates must download the admit card for AIIMS M.Sc entrance examination from the official website of the institute. In order to do the same login credentials that are login Id and password. Further, every candidate must go through the details provided on the AIIMS M.Sc admit card 2020. The steps to download the admit card are provided below for candidates to understand the process better.
- Visit the official website and log in by clicking on the link to download admit card
- Next, enter the Registration ID and password
- The admit card will be displayed.
- Download the same
- Check if there are any discrepancies in the details
- If not, save a soft copy for future reference and print a copy.
AIIMS M.Sc Entrance Exam 2020 – Exam Centers
The entrance examination for AIIMS M.Sc 2020 is to be conducted in various examination centres chosen by the institution. The list of examination centres as per state and city is provided below for candidates to select wisely.
AIIMS M.Sc Exam Centers
AIIMS M.Sc Entrance Exam 2020 – Exam Pattern
It is important for candidates preparing for the AIIMS M.Sc entrance examination to know the examination pattern for the test. Therefore, given below is the pattern in which AIIMS M.Sc examination is conducted by the institute.
- Duration of Exam – 90 minutes.
- Total no of Questions – 90 Questions
- Mode of Exam – Online, computer-based exam
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Questions
- Marking Scheme – Each question carries one mark and 1/3 mark will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
- Language of Exam – Exam will be conducted in English language only.
Subject wise Marks
- Physics – 30 marks
- Chemistry – 30 marks
- Biology – 30 marks
- General Knowledge – 10
AIIMS M.Sc Entrance Exam 2020 – Result
Once the examination is successfully conducted by the institute, the result will be declared through online mode. AIIMS M.Sc Nursing result was announced on June 19, 2020. In order to check the result for AIIMS M.Sc entrance examination, 2020 candidates need to login through the official website by entering their registration Id and password. The result is declared in the form of a rank card that is to be downloaded by the candidates. Also, in case of any tie between two or more candidates is it resolved using the methods given below.
Tie Breaking Policy
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology (or Mathematics, in the case of Para-Medical courses) in AIIMS Nursing 2020 exam.
- In case the tie is still unresolved, candidates obtaining higher marks in Chemistry in the entrance examination will be ranked higher.
- If the tie still remains unresolved, then candidates who have obtained higher marks in Physics in AIIMS Nursing exam 2020
- Finally, to resolve the tie in case it doesn’t get resolved using the above guidelines, the older candidate will be given preference in admissions
AIIMS M.Sc Entrance Exam 2020 – Seat Reservation
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences allots seats to candidates as per category. In the application form candidates are asked to fill the category they belong to. Also, some of the seats as per category were reserved by the institution. Given below is the list of category wise seat reservations in AIIMS M.Sc entrance examination 2020.
- Reservation of seats at AIIMS, New Delhi is as follows:
- Other Backward Class – 27%
- Scheduled Caste – 15%
- Scheduled Tribe – 7.5%
- It should also be noted that for Indian citizens, 3% reservation for the physically handicapped candidates will be provided on the basis of category.
AIIMS M.Sc Entrance Exam 2020 – Counselling
Soon after the declaration of result candidates need to attend the online counselling process as per their ranks in the entrance examination. A choice filling round will be carried out before the actual counselling process. Further, the order of counselling of AIIMS Nursing 2020 will be General/ST/SC/OBC. The AIIMS Nursing counselling will be done strictly on the basis of the combined merit list. The result of the first round of counselling will be declared in the last week of June.
Steps in AIIMS Nursing 2020 Counselling (Round 1):
- New Registration
- Exercising, locking the choices and their order for Mock Round.
- Announcement of MOCK results
- Reordering of choices/adding/deleting choices and locking the choices as per preference
- Seat Allocation
- Acceptance or Refusal of the allocated Seat by the Candidate.
Documents to be submitted for verification: All the below mentioned documents must be submitted in original along with a set of self-attested copies
- AIIMS Nursing 2020 admit card
- Matriculation/High School/Higher Secondary certificate issued by Board/ University mentioning
date of birth of the applicant.
- Degree/Provisional passing certificate of the qualifying examination
- Detailed mark sheets of the qualifying examination
- Migration Certificate from the University/ Board last attended
- ‘No objection Certificate’ if the candidate is already employed with Central / State Government / Public Undertaking
- Physical Disability Certificate issued from a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board in case of PwD candidates
- Category Certificate in case of SC/ST or OBC candidates
- Certificate of physical fitness from Registered Medical Practitioner
AIIMS M.Sc Entrance Exam 2020 – FAQs
Q.1 What is the selection procedure for AIIMS M.Sc 2020?
Ans: Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of entrance test. After the conduction of the exam, counselling will be done on the basis of merit list.
Q.2 How many marks are required for General Category candidates to get admission in M.Sc courses?
Ans: Candidates should have a minimum of 60% marks in order to get admission in M.Sc courses
Q.3 What will be the number of questions and marking scheme of AIIMS nursing 2020?
Ans: There are a total of 70, 100 and 90 questions asked in BSc nursing post-basic, BSc nursing (H) and MSc nursing, respectively. While one mark for correct response is to be awarded and one-third for wrong attempt will be deducted.
We hope that this information on AIIMS M.Sc Entrance Exam has helped you. If you have any queries then you can ask us and we will answer you. Use the comment section below for any queries and comments.
Stay tuned to embibe.com to get the latest updates and news on AIIMS M.Sc Entrance Exam 2020.49 Views