Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment 2018 | The official notification for Bank of Baroda Specialist Officer recruitment has been released. Bank of Baroda SO (specialist officer) recruitment exam is conducted annually by Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) to screen eligible candidates into various vacancies of BOB. Aspiring candidates can apply between Dec 05, 2018 and Dec 26, 2018, on the official website of IBPS @ibpsonline.ibps.in/bobsplnov18.
A total of 913 vacancies have been announced this year for the Bank of Baroda SO recruitment. Eligible candidates can apply for this exam on or after Dec 05, 2018 but we advise the aspirants to not wait until the last date to fill the application form. The test will be conducted in the online mode for a time duration of 2 hours and the exam paper will be available in both English and Hindi languages. The exam date has not been announced yet. As soon the official dates get released, we will put the information here.
The Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment Exam will screen candidates into various positions of Scale 1, Scale 2, and Scale- 3. Main departments for which SOs will be recruited are Legal, Wealth Management Services- Sales, and Wealth Management Services- Operations.
Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment Exam 2018: Overview
|Name of the Exam||Recruitment of Specialist officers in Bank of Baroda|
|Conducting Body for the exam||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Exam Language||Hindi and English (Except English Section)|
|Exam Stages||2 (Written Test + Descriptive Exam)|
|Psychometric Test + Group Discussion and Interview|
|Important Dates||Registration Process- Dec 05, 2018 to Dec 26, 2018|
|Payment of Online Fees- Dec 05, 2018 to Dec 26, 2018|
Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment | Eligibility Criteria
Let us now look at the detailed information on the eligibility criteria based on different posts from the table below.
|Legal||MMG/ SIII||A Bachelor Degree in Law|
|Legal||MMG/ SII||A Bachelor Degree in Law|
|Wealth Management Services (Sales)||MMG/ SII|| 2 year (MBA or Equivalent) Post Graduation Degree or Diploma in Specialization in Marketing/ Sales/ Retail.
Graduation from a recognized/ approved by Government/ Government Bodies or AICTE with one-year Diploma/ Certification in Banking/ Finance before joining any private Bank/ Public Bank
|Wealth Management Services (Sales)||JMG/ SI||Graduation in any stream from a recognized or approved institute by Government/ Government Bodies or AICTE|
|Wealth Management Services- Operations||MMG/ SII||2 years of MBA or equivalent degree or Diploma with marketing/ Sales/ Retail/ Finance. The institution must be approved by Government/ Government bodies/ AICTE|
|Wealth Management Services- Operations||JG/ SI||2 years of MBA or equivalent degree or Diploma with marketing/ Sales/ Retail/ Finance. The institution must be approved by Government/ Government bodies/ AICTE|
Bank of Baroda Recruitment 2018: Age limit
Age limit for Bank of Baroda Specialist Officer recruitment is tabulated below. Take a look.
|Job Type||Minimum age||Maximum age|
|Legal Officer MMG/S-III:||28 years||35 years|
|Legal Officer MMG/S-II:||25 years||32 years|
|Wealth Management Services – Sales MMG/S-II:||25 years||35 years|
|Wealth Management Services – Sales JMG/S-I:||21 years||30 years|
|Wealth Management Services – Operations MMG/S-II:||21 years||35 years|
|Wealth Management Services – Operations JMG/S-I:||21 years||30 years|
Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment 2018: Vacancy Details
IBPS is conducting Bank Of Baroda SO exam to fill its 913 vacancies. These specialist officers will be selected for various departments in various positions under different scales. The eligibility criteria for each post is mentioned above. The detailed information regarding the number of the vacancies and qualification required for each vacancy is tabulated below.
|Department||Scale||No. of Vacancies||Previous Experience|
|Legal||MMG/ SIII||20||Min 5 years as Law officer in Legal Department of Commercial Bank or Practicing at juridical services of the central/ state of PSU government|
|Legal||MMG/ SII||40||Min 3 years as Law officer in the Legal department of a commercial bank, practicing for a central/ state government or PSU. Also, a certification approving post qualification experience is also required.|
|Wealth Management Services (Sales)||MMG/ SII||150||4 years of Work experience in sales/ distribution of wealth/ mutual fund/ Insurance products in banks, mutual funds, NBFCs etc.|
|Wealth Management Services (Sales)||JMG/ SI||700||2 years of Work experience in sales/ distribution of wealth/ mutual fund/ Insurance products in banks, mutual funds, NBFCs etc.|
|Wealth Management Services- Operations||MMG/ SII||1||5 Years of Experience in working for Wealth Management Solutions of Products / Mutual Fund / Insurance Applications, etc. Meeting cut off deadlines for wealth products/ Mutual fund/ insurance applications, Upload download of NBA from the RTA and back-end operations pertaining to wealth products// Mutual funds/ Life insurance.|
|Wealth Management Services- Operations||JG/ SI||2||3 Years of Experience in working for Wealth Management Solutions of Products/ Mutual Fund / Insurance Applications, etc. Meeting cut off deadlines for wealth products/ Mutual fund/ insurance applications, Upload download of NBA from the RTA and back-end operations pertaining to wealth products// Mutual funds/ Life insurance.|
Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment | How to Apply
Aspiring candidates are required to register themselves for Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment 2018 through online by filling an application form on the Bank of Baroda’s official website. Applications via any other mode will not be acceptable.
- Forms will be available on the official website @ibpsonline.ibps.in/bobsplnov18.
- Use personal e-mail Id and Contact Number to get registered on the portal.
- Fill all the details required in the specific fields.
- Scan your Photograph and Signature to upload.
- You can save the data if you’re unable to fill the form in a single attempt and continue later by reopening the saved data using your provisional registration number and the password.
- Save the Data, once you’re done with filling all required spaces.
- Remember, you can only make changes in the form before submitting. So, cross-check your information before you click on the Submit button.
- Registration number and the password will be sent to the candidate via email ID or contact number.
- Submit the fee online.
- Download and keep the payment receipt safe for further references.
Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment | Points to Remember
While filling the application form, Candidates must keep certain things in their mind. We advise candidates to double check their details before submitting the registration form. Consider these few tips mentioned below while filling the Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment application form.
- Candidates can save the data while filling the application if they are unable to fill it in one attempt.
- Saved application form can only be accessed thrice using provisional registration number and the contact number.
- Do not upload signatures in Capital letters.
- Candidates are advised to click on ‘Save’after filling the application form before entering to Next tab.
- Cross- Check the data before the final submission.
- Spellings like Name of the candidates/ father’s name/ husband’s name etc. should be filled correctly. Any discrepancies in the spellings mentioned on the form can lead to the rejection of the candidature.
- Any online application with incomplete data like Passport size photograph/ signature etc. will be rejected straightaway.
- The contact information you provided while filling the application form such as e-mail address or mobile number must remain active for further communication till the end of the recruitment process.
Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment | Application Fee
Application for the Bank of Baroda SO recruitment will only be successful after making the payment online. The amount paid for the application fee is non-refundable. The application fee for candidates belonging to different categories is tabulated below along with the acceptable mode of payment. Have a look.
|Category||Amount (INR)||Mode of Payment|
|SC/ ST/ or Physically Disabled Persons||100/-||Debit Cards (Rupay, Visa, Master Card, Maestro)/ Credit Cards/ Internet Banking/ IMPS/ Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets|
Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment | Selection Procedure
Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment procedure will include three stages.
- Written Test
- Group Discussion (GD)/ Personal Interview (PI)/ Psychometric Test and
- Document Verification
Written Test for Bank of Baroda SO will have a total of 200 questions conducted for 200 marks. This exam also has a negative marking that is 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer from the total.
Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment | Points to Remember for the Selection procedure
- If two or more Candidates secure the same cut off marks, candidates with more age will be placed in the better position.
- Candidate must acquire the minimum marks from each test to be eligible for the PI interview.
- Documents required at the time of the interview-
- A) Hard Copy of the interview letter.
- B) A print out of the online application form generated by the system.
- C) Photo ID proof
- D) Semester/ Annual mark sheets and certificates of education including the final degree or diploma certificate. Approved certificates by a board or university with information of result declaration on or before Nov 01, 2018.
- E) Caste Certificate issued by official authorities.
- F) Disability Certificate issued by the District Medical Board.
- G) Service or discharge book for Ex-Servicemen including the proof of pension payment order.
- H) A NOC for current Government/Quasi-government/ Public Sector employees by their authorities.
- I) Document to prove your age
- J) Domicile Certificates and
- K) Work Experience Certificates, salary slips, relieving letter, appointment letter (if applicable).
Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment | Marking Scheme
There will be a total of 200 questions in the Exam paper. For each right answer, candidates will be rewarded with positive marks. Candidates will get 2 hours to finish the exam.
|Test Category||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted from the total for every wrong answer.
Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment 2018 Admit Card
Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment admit card will be available for the candidate to download from the official website https://ibpsonline.ibps.in/bobsplnov18/ once the application process is completed by the candidate.
Details you will have to verify on Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment Admit Card are:
- Name of the Candidate
- Registration Number
- Center Name and Address
- Centre Code
- Exam Timing
- Date of Birth
- Father’s Name
- Instructions For the Exam
Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment 2018 Admit Card: Steps to Download
- Go to the official website to download the admit card.
- Click on the tab ‘BOB SO Admit Card’.
- Candidates will have to use their Username and Password to log in.
- Download the admit card and keep it safe for further references.
Note: It is mandatory to carry the Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment Admit card along with an ID proof to the exam center. Candidates will not be allowed for the exam without the admit card.
Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment 2018: Reservation
|Category||JMG/ SI||MMG/ SII||MMG/ SIII|
Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment 2018: PayScale
|JMG/S I||23700 x 980 (7) -30560 x 1145(2)- 32850 x 1310(7)- 42020|
|MMG/S II||31705 x 1145(1)- 32850 x 1310(10)- 45950|
|MMG/S III||42020 x 1310(5)- 48570 x 1460 (2)- 51490|
Bank of Baroda SO Recruitment exam date has not been announced yet so you still got a chance to apply for the exam and prepare well for it. Always make a schedule before starting your practice and follow it constantly. Practicing more often will help you improve your speed and accuracy in the main exam. So, Embibe has created a platform where you can practice and receive analysis after each test at the same time. Click on the link below to practice questions from IBPS PO Bank mock tests. Practice mock tests of BOB as well to get yourself ready for the main exam.
We hope that the information we have provided on Bank of Baroda SO recruitment 2018 exam was useful for you. If you have any query or feedback to share, please feel free to drop a comment below. Embibe wishes you all the very best for your exam.