B.Ed Admission – Bachelors in Education is a two year graduation course. Candidates after passing class 12th examination can apply for the admission process of the course. This 2-year course can be completed within a span of 5 years. As a part of the admission process, candidates will first have to fill the application forms. For every institute, the process is different. It is advised to check the eligibility criteria and abide by the preconditions as on failing to do so, such candidates will not be entertained.
The course is offered in regular curriculum by some of the renowned universities such as Delhi University, Indrapratha university and more. The distance learning option is also available. Candidates get exposed to a wide range of opportunities in educational domains in organizations, institutes or corporate.Read the article given below for the latest updates on B.Ed Admission.
What are the eligibility criteria for the B.Ed admission?
In order to participate in the B.Ed admission process, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria. Every college has its own preconditions. Anyone failing to fulfill this will stand rejected at the time of the application process. It is described in details below:-
1. Education- Candidates must pass the class 12th examination in any stream such as art, science, commerce, etc.
2. Minimum Marks Required- This criterion varies from college to college. However one must ensure to secure more than 55% in class 12th as on the basis of past year trends, renowned colleges keep this as the minimum percentage guidelines.
3. Age Limit- There is no upper age limit. However, candidates must be minimum 19 years old
Stages of B.Ed Admission Process
The B.Ed admission process is conducted in various stages. It involves an application, selection, etc. Candidates who fail to pass any of this stage will get disqualified from the admission process.
It is given below:-
1. Application- This is the first step towards the admission process. It starts around the month of May or June after the release of the result. Every college shares its own application method, steps, etc. Candidates must keep visiting the official website, in order to keep a tab on the notification.
2. Uploading of documents- As a part of the application process only, candidates will have to upload necessary documents such as photograph, scanned signature, etc. Kindly do it as per the instructions species at the time of application.
3. Selection Process- Candidates will be selected on the basis of one’s merit in the qualifying examination in the entrance examination. The selection cycles for the B.Ed admission generally start around the month of June. There may be some changes in the schedule this time, due to CIVID 19.
4. Cutoff Release- Colleges release cutoff marks. These are minimum marks that one must secure in order to be eligible to qualify for the final selection rounds.
5. Counselling and Seat Allotment- As a final selection round, candidates will be called out for the counseling process post which they will be allotted seats based on their merit.
B.Ed Admission Process – Entrance Test
Many popular entrance examinations are conducted. Through these tests, candidates get admission in various B.Ed courses in the affiliated universities and colleges. The table given below provides a list of the entrance tests which the interested candidates can appear for. Check as follows:-
1. DU B.Ed- The Delhi university is known for its quality education especially in this domain. The DU B.Ed examination application process had begun on June 20, 2020. The deadline was July 18, 2020. Important features of the examination are given below:-
- The examination is an objective type test.
- It comprises 3 sections.
- It will be conducted in online mode.
2. BHU UET- The Banaras Hindu University is well known for its education. It conducts an undergraduate entrance test commonly known as BHU UET. The entrance examination has been postponed due to COVID 19.
3. IPU CET- Indraprastha University Common Admission Test (IPU CET) is conducted for admission in various courses at the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
4. Mah B.Ed CET- Eligible candidates can apply for Maharashtra CET for B.Ed Course. The dates have been postponed due to the COVID 19 Pandemic. The examination is going to be conducted in online mode.
5. AP TET- Andhra Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test, This examination is for the admission in colleges affiliated in the AP state.
Distance/Open School B.Ed Admission Process
Candidates can apply for the distance education B.Ed programs. It is as below:-
1. IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam- The IGNOU B.Ed admission will be on the basis of the entrance test. It is a 2 hours online entrance examination. The IGNOU test is divided into two parts: Section A and Section B
2. Annamalai University also offers B.Ed courses in distance courses.
3. Madurai Kamaraj Distance Education offers B.Ed courses distance programs.
4. Other open school programs are described below:-
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
- Karnataka State Open University
- Netaji Subhas Open University
B.Ed admission – Examination Section
The B.Ed examination majorly assesses the students based on their performance in the following sections:-
- Quantitative Aptitude,
- Logical Reasoning,
- Verbal Aptitude
- Teaching Skills
- General Awareness
B.Ed admission – Syllabus
The B.Ed syllabus is designed in a multifaceted way, so that the future teachers get trained and prepared for various situations. It is also designed on how to develop the teaching skills to impart education in the right way. The syllabus subjects include the following topics:-
1st Year Syllabus
- Childhood and Growing Up
- Understanding Disciplines and Subjects
- Teaching Basics,
- Language subjects
- Art and Education
- Knowledge and Curriculum
2nd Year Syllabus
- Contemporary India and Education
- Health, Yoga, and Physical Education
- Assessment for Learning
- Understanding Assessment
Candidates will also be provided with opportunities to intern alongside various organizations. This gives them practical experience and exposes them to real-life situations.
B.Ed Admission Process – University and Fee Structure
Candidates can check the average fee structure of the B.Ed course in the table given below:-
B.Ed College Name and Fee Structure
|1||Jamia Millia Islamia||Rs 15,000/-|
|2||University of Calcutta||Rs 45,000/-|
|3||Banaras Hindu University||Rs 6,500/-|
|4||St. Xavier’s College||Rs 60,000/-|
|5||Delhi University||Rs 65,000/-|
|6||Amity University||Rs 1,50,000/-|
|7||Lady Irwin College||Rs 65,000/-|
|8||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University||Rs 1,45,000/-|
|9||Banasthali University, Jaipur||Rs 1,80,000/-|
|10||Dr DY Patil Vidyapeeth University||Rs 90,000/-|
B.Ed admission – Job Prospects
Candidates will get a wellspring of chances to teach and adopt various roles. Here are some of the career prospects for B.Ed Graduates:-
1. Teaching- B.Ed graduates work as teachers and lecturers in various universities. They are required to simplify subjects to make it simple for the students to understand and apply. The starting salary of the job is Rs 3 LPA.
2. Content Writer- Students who have a flair of writing and education, suits the best for this career option. They are supposed to produce written content in the form of articles, blogs, and more. They get to work in corporate sectors (in the companies furnishing purpose in the education domain). The starting salary is around Rs 3.6 LPA
3. Education Consultancy: This field has taken a surge in current times when compared to the earlier times An education consultant advises the candidates and guides the aspiring students on opening their minds to various career options. The starting salary is Rs 3.8 LPA
4. Education Researcher- As time is growing and changes, so are the requirements of the education field to develop constantly with it. Education research develops solutions and innovative methodologies to cater to the current times and develop the ability of the students to learn better. One of the most common examples of how education changes with times can be seen in smart education. In the current times we see smart boards just 6-7 years back, it was an alien concept and many institutes would use traditional methods to teach. The starting salary of an education researcher is Rs 50,000/- per month
5. Higher studies: As a future development prospects candidates can even choose for higher studies such as MEd option In this the specialization becomes all the more specific
Scope of B.Ed Course
The scope of the Bachelors in Education (B.Ed) course is wide. Education as a field keeps transforming along with times. In such situations, B.Ed professionals, researchers contribute in improving the education field. The scope is vast in education institutes, corporates, consultancy etc. On completing B.Ed programs students adopt the roles of teachers, education advisors, consultant, educational writers and more. They even opt for higher studies options as well to grow their research and specialize in a particular niche. The starting salary of a B.Ed graduate ranges from Rs 30,000 to Rs 50,000. On gaining experience they get to work in more specialized roles and get salary raise to. So for the interested students the scope of the B.Ed course is growing.
B.Ed admission – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is the education criterion for the B.Ed aspirants
A1. This criterion varies from college to college. However one must ensure to secure more than 55% in class 12th as on the basis of past year trends, renowned colleges keep this as the minimum percentage guidelines.
Q2. What is the age limit for those applying for the B.Ed courses?
A2. There is no upper age limit. However, candidates must be minimum 19 years old.
Q3. Which are the popular entrance examinations one can attempt to take admission to the B.Ed courses?
A3. Some of the popular entrance examinations one can attempt to take admission to the B.Ed courses are BHU UET, DU B.Ed Test, IPU Cet, IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam, and more.
Q4. What are the topics included in the B.Ed entrance test?
A4. Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning,Verbal Aptitude, Teaching Skills, General Awareness.
Q5. What are the topics covered in the 1st year B.Ed teaching courses?
A5. The topics covered for in the first year teaching course are: Childhood and Growing Up, Understanding Disciplines and Subjects, Teaching Basics, Language subjects, Pedagogy, Art and Education, Knowledge and Curriculum, etc
Q6. How is content writing as a career option?
A6. Students who have a flair of writing and education suits the best for this career option. They are supposed to produce written content in the form of articles, blogs, and more. They get to work in corporate sectors (in the companies furnishing purpose in the education domain). The starting salary is around Rs 3.6 LPA
Q7. How is an education consulting as a career path as its scope is very limited in the earlier times?
A7. This field has taken a surge in current times when compared to the earlier times An education consultant advises the candidates and guides the aspiring students on opening their minds to various career options. The starting salary is Rs 3.8 LPA
Q8. I wish to do research in the education field. How is it as a career option?
A8. It is a great option. As time is growing and changes, so are the requirements of the education field to develop constantly with it. Education research develops solutions and innovative methodologies to cater to the current times and develop the ability of the students to learn better. The starting salary Rs Rs 50,000/- per month
Q9. Is there an option for distance education in the B.Ed program? If yes, what are the universities and colleges offering the course?
A9. Yes interested candidates can also opt for distance education B.Ed programs. Some of the universities offering the course are: IGNOU, Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Karnataka State Open University, Netaji Subhas Open University, etc.
Stay tuned with embibe.com for the latest updates on B.Ed Admission303 Views