BSNL JTO Salary 2021: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited has decided to recruit Graduate Engineers to the Post of JTO (Civil & Electrical). BSNL will soon release an official notification for BSNL JTO 2021 recruitment dri ve. Candidates who have pursued B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent in Electrical/Civil Engineering (EE/CE) and have appeared for GATE 2021 opting one paper from either EE or CE can apply for the post of BSNL Junior Telecomm Officer.
Working as a JTO officer in BSNL is considered to be highly prestigious in society as it is a central government job that offers great BSNL JTO salary and career opportunities. Candidates who are planning to apply for BSNL JTO must be aware of the BSNL JTO salary, promotion, allowances, and job profile. In this article, we will provide you with all this information.
BSNL JTO Salary 2021
The BSNL JTO pay scale is in the range of 16,400 – 40,500 with initial Basic Pay being Rs 16,400.
BSNL JTO Salary 2021: Other Allowances
The different allowances that BSNL JTOs receive are listed below:
House Rent Allowances (HRA): The employees working for BSNL can avail HRA according to the city they are posted in:
- City A: 16,400 X 30% of Basic = 4920/-
- City B: 16,400 X 20% of Basic = 3280/-
- City C: 16,400 X 10% of Basic = 1640/-
Employee Provident Funds: Every employee will have an EPF account and will receive 12% of Basic Pay + DA as per the employer’s salary.
Medical Allowances: The JTO can avail free medical allowances for their entire family, that is employee’s spouse, children and parents can avail the medical allowances.
Free Phone & Mobile Facility: The BSNL employees who are working under JTO officer can avail the free mobile postpaid facility.
BSNL JTO Salary In Different Cities
The BSNL JTO salary structure for different cities are tabulated below:
|Components||Class A Cities||Class B Cities||Class C Cities|
|DA (126.90% of Basic)||20,812||20,812||20,812|
|HRA||4,920 (30% Of Basic)||3,280 (20% of Basic)||1,640 (10% of Basic)|
|JTO Salary In Hand||40,603||38,963||37,323|
BSNL JTO Salary 2021: JTO Job Profile
Candidates who are qualified will be posted in various departments of BSNL. The BSNL JTO roles and responsibilities under various departments are listed below:
- Optical Fiber Network: The candidates who are posted under the Optical Fiber Network Department are responsible to take care of Voice, Data, Internet & Landline services. That is, they must design and plan the optical networks for all these services.
- Data Centers: Data centers are basically used to store the data and the JTO officers who are working in these data centers are responsible to take care of the software and servers used to process the data. One more advantage of working in the Data Center Department is that all the data centers are located in big cities.
- Mobile: The candidates who are posted in the Mobile Department are responsible for GSM services, 3G broadband data, and voice, Wifi hotspot services.
- BroadBand Department: The JTO officers who are posted in the Broadband Department are responsible to develop and implement DSL, FTTH Technologies, etc.
BSNL JTO Salary 2021: BSNL JTO Promotion
The promotion of BSNL JTO Officers happens in the following order:
- First Stage: Junior Telecomm Officer
- Second Stage: Sub Divisional Engineer
- Third Stage: Divisional Engineer
- Fourth Stage: Deputy General Manager
- Fifth Stage: General Manager
- Sixth Stage: Cheif General Manager
Note: Every three to four years, the candidates must appear for the internal departmental exam to get promoted.
BSNL JTO Salary After 7th Pay Commission
After the approval of the 7th Central Pay Commission, there has been a hike up to 15% to 20% in BSNL JTO salary.
BSNL JTO Recruitment is conducted through GATE Exam. So, you should take your GATE preparation seriously. Revise the whole GATE syllabus and give your best shot in the exam. Score as high as possible to ensure selection in BSNL JTO 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
|Q. What is the salary of a junior telecom officer in BSNL?|
A. The typical yearly BSNL Junior Telecom Officer salary is ₹6,81,807.
|Q. What is BSNL SDO?|
A. Sub Divisional Officer. It’s the next higher post for JTO of BSNL.
|Q. How can I get a job in BSNL as JTO?|
A. The selection process of JTO Recruitment in BSNL consists of qualifying GATE 2021 exam followed by document verification
|Q. Does BSNL recruit through GATE Score?|
A. Yes, BSNL recruits through GATE score but only for Junior Telecom Officer (for Civil & Electrical).
|Q. Can I apply for a BSNL JTO post if I have completed my degree?|
A. Yes, you can apply for the JTO post under BSNL. However, if you have completed a Diploma, then you are not eligible for the JTO post.
Now you are provided with all the detailed information regarding BSNL JTO salary 2021. We hope this detailed article on BSNL JTO salary helps you. If you have any queries regarding this article, reach out to us through the comment section below and we will get back to you at the earliest.2853 Views