CA Foundation Syllabus 2021: The Institute of Chartered Accountant of India has released the CA Foundation 2021 Syllabus. Candidates who want to appear for the exam must follow the official syllabus for the upcoming CA Foundation exam. The CA Foundation exam is conducted twice a year, once in May and again in December. Thus to start with your CA Foundation preparation refer to the syllabus.
CA Foundation exam consists of four papers. Aspirants need to have a thorough knowledge of the CA Syllabus for all 4 papers and focus on their preparation for the CA Foundation exam. Besides the syllabus, candidates must also know about CA Foundation Exam Pattern to start their journey towards becoming a Chartered Accountant. This article will provide you with the detailed CA Foundation Syllabus 2021. Besides that, you can also download the CA Syllabus as PDF from the link given below. So, read on to know more.
|CA Foundation Syllabus PDF Download||Click Here|
CA Foundation Syllabus 2021
CA Foundation exam is the gateway to a career in Chartered Accountancy. Thus, to clear the CA Foundation exam, candidates need to have a thorough knowledge of the syllabus and prepare accordingly.
Before getting into the detailed ICAI CA Foundation 2021 syllabus, let’s have an overview of the exam pattern:
- CA Foundation exam has four papers.
- Every paper carries a maximum of 100 marks and the time duration is 3 hours for each paper.
- Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be of subjective type and Paper 3 and Paper 4 will be of objective type.
- The objective type of questions will be have negative marking for wrong answers. 1/4th of the marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all the papers to pass the CA foundation exam.
- CA Foundation exam is an offline exam and conducted twice a year. The question paper will be either in English or Hindi languages.
Read More: CA Foundation Exam Dates
CA Foundation Course Syllabus 2021
The papers in CA Foundation course are as follows:
Paper 1: Principles and Practice of Accounting
Paper 2: Business Laws and Business Correspondence
a) Business Laws
b) Business Correspondence and Reporting
Paper 3: Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning and Statistics
a) Business Mathematics
b) Logical Reasoning
Paper 4: Business Economics and Business & Commercial Knowledge
a) Business Economics
b) Business and Commercial Knowledge
CA Foundation Syllabus for Paper 1 (Principles And Practice Of Accounting)
- Theoretical Framework
- Accounting Process
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Concept of Accounting of Depreciation
- Accounting for Special Transaction
- Final Accounts of Sole Proprietors
- Partnership Accounts
- Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Organization
- Introduction to Company Accounts
- Basic Accounting ratios (Profitability, solvency, liquidity and turnover)
CA Foundation Syllabus for Paper 2 (Business Laws And Business Correspondence & Reporting)
Section A: Business Laws (60 Marks)
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872
- The Sale of Goods Act, 1930
- The Indian partnership act, 1932
- The Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008
- The Companies Act, 2013
Section B: Business Correspondence And Reporting (40 Marks)
Part I : Communication
Part II: Sentence Types and Word Power
- Sentence Type
- Vocabulary Root Words, Synonyms, Antonyms, Prefixes, Suffixes, Phrasal verbs, Collocations and Idioms.
Part III: Comprehensive Passages and Note-Making
- Comprehension Passages
- Note Making
Part IV: Developing Writing Skills
- Introduction to Basic Writing
- Precis Writing
- Article Writing
- Report Writing
- Writing Formal Letters
- Writing Formal Mails
- Resume Writing
CA Foundation Syllabus for Paper 3 (Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning And Statistics
Part A: Business Mathematics (40 Marks)
- Ratio and Proportions, Indices and Logarithms
- Equations and Matrices
- Linear Inequalities with Objective Functions and Optimization with respect to Objective Function
- Time Value of Money
- Permutations and Combinations
- Sequence and Series
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Basic Application of Differential and Integral Calculus.
Part B: Logical Reasoning (20 Marks)
- Number Series, Coding & Decoding and odd man out
- Direction Tests
- Seat Arrangement
- Blood Relations
Part C: Statistics (40 Marks)
- Statistical Description of Data
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion.
- Theoretical Distributions
- Correlation and Regressions
- Index Number and Time Series
CA Foundation Syllabus for Paper 4 (Business Economics and Business & Commercial Knowledge)
Part A: Business Economics (60 Marks)
- Introduction to Business Economics
- Theory of Demand and Supply
- Theory of Production and Cost
- Price Determination in Different Markets
- Business Cycles
Part B: Business & Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks)
- Introduction to Business
- Business Environment
- Business Organizations
- Government Policies for Business Growth
- Organizations Facilitating Business
- Common Business Technologies
Along with this, students should also go through at least one financial newspaper and one business newspaper or watch a business news channel to remain updated about the recent developments.
This is all about ICAI CA Foundation 2021 Syllabus. Students planning to prepare for the exam will have to go through the detailed syllabus and exam pattern. This is a must if you want to prepare a well-structured study plan. This is the right time to start your preparation for the upcoming CA foundation exam which will be conducted on June 24, 26, 28, and 30, 2021. Following a methodological way of studying will help you a lot and will increase the possibility of you cracking this exam. Embibe wishes you all the best for your exam. Do well and crack the exam with flying colors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the best way to prepare the syllabus on time before the exam?
Ans 1. The best way is to start the preparation early and solve as many mock tests as possible. Also, make sure to do the revision everyday.
Q2. Is the CA Foundation exam syllabus lengthy?
Ans 2. Yes, it is a little lengthy. But with the timely preparation you can easily pull it off. Also, make sure to give each subject proper time.
Q3. How many attempts can one take for CA Foundation exam?
Ans 3. The registration for the CA Foundation course will be valid for three years i.e. up to six attempts. Even after three years, you can revalidate your registration for a further three years by depositing Rs 300/- as revalidation fees.
Q4. What are the dates for CA Foundation exam 2021?
Ans 4. The CA Foundation exam 2021 will be conducted on June 24, 26, 28, and 30, 2021.
Q5. What is the minimum eligibility requirement for each subject?
Ans 5. The candidates are supposed to score a minimum of 40% marks in each subject in the exam.
We hope this article on CA Foundation 2021 Syllabus helps you. If you have any question, feel free to drop them in the comment box below. We will get back to you at the earliest.