Canara Bank PO Preparation 2018-19: Canara Bank has released the Canara Bank PO Recruitment Notification on 23rd October 2018. The application process has already started on 23rd October and will continue till 13th of November 2018 (till 5 pm). The bank has announced 800 vacancies for the post of Probationary Officers in Junior Management Grade Scale – l.
The selection process consists of three stages – Online Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The candidate selected through this selection process will have to go through a specially designed one-year training course leading to a PG Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF). After the successful completion of the PG Diploma course, candidates will be offered appointment in the bank as Probationary Officers in Junior Management Grade Scale – l.
Here is a golden opportunity for candidates aspiring to do Bank jobs. In order to crack this exam, you need to plan and prepare for the exam with all the relevant information in hand. You need to have a thorough knowledge of the Canara Bank PO Syllabus, Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme. You must also have an idea as to how to proceed with the Canara Bank PO Preparation within the limited time available. The article will help you and guide you through the Canara Bank PO Preparation 2018-19. Read and find it out!
Canara Bank PO Preparation 2018-19
Before starting your preparation, go through the Canara Bank PO Exam Pattern and Canara Bank PO Syllabus. Segregate the topics according to the difficulty level and spend more time on difficult topics. Make a realistic timetable and follow it strictly. Try to make your own notes and if not possible, highlight key points as you study. These will help you to revise quickly. Manage your time, revise regularly and take mock tests. The subject-wise preparation plan is given below.
Canara Bank PO Preparation | Exam Sections
At this point in time, you need to know the different stages and sections of the exam.
The Canara Bank Selection process consists of 3 steps namely:
- Online Test
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
The Online Test is a Computer Based Test and will be conducted at various exam centres across India. The Online test will be having the following sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
- General Awareness
- a. Except for English language, other subjects will be bilingual (Both in English and Hindi)
- b. The cut-off marks for each subject and the overall cut-off score will be decided by the bank.
- c. Candidates must clear both the cut-off scores, i.e sectional and overall, in order to appear for the next stage of the selection process.
Canara Bank PO Preparation For English Language
In order to prepare for English Language you need to focus on the three basic parts of English Language that is Grammar, Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension.
- Brush up the rules of English Grammar and practice questions asked based on English Grammar. This will help you to solve questions like Error Spotting, Active and Passive Voice, Tense, Direct and Indirect Speech, etc. Once you are very clear about the grammatical rules and have practiced enough, you will be able to answer most of the questions from this section.
- Improve your vocabulary by reading English newspapers, books etc. Learn new words and practice sentence formation with them. Having a good vocabulary is a key factor by which you will be able to score more in less time.
- Developing reading habits will help you to read and understand passages or articles in less time. This will help you in solving passage-based questions and comprehension tests in comparatively less time.
- Practice different types of questions and read on a regular basis to improve your performance in this section.
In this section, you can score maximum marks in comparatively lesser time provided you are very clear with your basics and have practiced enough.
Canara Bank PO Preparation For Reasoning
This section tests your analytical and reasoning abilities. You need to be good at analysing and decision making. You will need an ample amount of practice to develop these skills.
- Attempt the non-descriptive topics first (Classification, Analogy, Distance and Directions, Blood Relations, etc.) which only needs the basic logical thinking.
- This sections also have a few tougher questions based Puzzles, Seating Arrangements, Syllogism, etc. For this type of questions, have your theoretical concepts clear, read and understand the basic data, pay attention to the variables involved, go through sample questions and understand the steps involved.
- Practice multiple parameter based questions. Start with the noting down the direct information, be clear with the terms used and their relations. Arrange the data and focus on the indirect data available to approach the correct answer.
- Develop the habit of making diagrams or flow charts to solve the questions. Try to do some paperwork instead of solving verbally.
- Refer to the books and online study materials to understand the approach, logic and procedure to solve the problem. Practice regularly to increase accuracy.
- Practice different types of problems with varying difficulty level. Think critically and visualize the problem. Spend more time on difficult and critical questions. Make sure you solve the questions with proper understanding.
Canara Bank PO Preparation For Quantitative Aptitude
This section tests your problem-solving skills and your mathematical knowledge. The questions will be based on mathematical concepts; thus, you need to be clear with your basics. This section has two types of questions: one which are direct formulae based and the other one which needs the knowledge of both formulae and analytical skills.
- Memorize the formulae thoroughly and solve the direct formula-based questions first.
- Questions based on Probability, Permutations and Combinations, Time-, Speed and Distance, etc, are tricky and need greater analyzing and visualizing. For such questions, you need to have a thorough understanding of the theories and you must also know how to apply it.
- Refer to sample problems and solutions to know and learn the detailed method to solve the problems of a specific kind.
- You need very good practice to solve the problems accurately within time. Expose yourself to different types of problems in order to master this section. Devote more time to difficult questions and learn it thoroughly with deep and complete understanding.
Canara Bank PO Preparation For General Awareness
For this section, you need to be aware of the current affairs and keep track of the day-to-day happenings across the globe. This section is very vast but you can prepare for it very effectively and score maximum marks once you know how to deal with this section. Since this is a banking exam, you need focus more on the current affairs which are directly or indirectly connected to the Finance, Banking and Economic aspects.
This section has three different types of questions, namely: Static GK, Current Affairs and Banking Awareness.
- Static Gk is the part which is based on static facts and does not change with time. Thus, all you need to do is to refer to previous year question papers and sort out or observe which kind of questions are asked and what is the topics they intend to cover.
- Prepare according to the previous year question paper analysis and also refer some standard books which will cover up the rest part.
- In case of current affairs, go through the current news and newspapers regularly. Go through the current affairs analysis of the past six months. You can also note down important points for quick revision.
- For Banking Awareness, you need to go through the current affairs and the static knowledge of Banking and Finance.
- Altogether, revising regularly is the key to prepare for General Awareness section.
Canara Bank PO Preparation | Important Dates
Let’s go through the important dates which you need to know. They are as follows:
|Canara Bank PO Preparation | Important Dates|
|Commencement of Online Application Process||23/10/2018|
|Closure of Registration of Application||13/11/2018|
|Online Fee Payment||23/10/2018 to 13/11/2018|
|Last Date for Printing your Application Form||28/11/2018|
|Starting of Call Letter Download (Tentative)||5/12/2018|
|Online Test Date(Tentative)||23/12/2018|
We have provided you with all the information which will help in your Canara Bank PO Preparation. You now know how exactly you need to approach each section and which are the points you need to take care of. You need to refer previous year papers and sample papers for better preparation. Revise regularly and take mock tests to know where you stand.
As all the banking exams have more or less the same syllabus and topics, taking IBPS PO Mock Tests at Embibe will help you to prepare for Canara Bank PO exam. Once you successfully attempt a mock test you can also get detailed test analysis which will point out the factors which is affecting your overall score. Working on these weaknesses will improve your score and confidence too.
We hope that you are now clear about how to go about Canara Bank PO Preparation. If you have any question regarding Canara Bank PO Preparation, please post it in the comment box below and we will get back to you at the earliest.727 Views