CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Maths 2020-21: Students in search of syllabus of Maths Class 10 CBSE 2020-21 can refer to this article. Knowing the CBSE Class 10th 2021 Mathematics Syllabus is a prerequisite for students appearing for Board Examination. Otherwise, they might miss out on certain chapters and topics. Maths is an important subject of Class 10. Mathematics plays a major role in choosing the career stream at the higher secondary level.
So, students who want to opt for Science must secure good marks in Mathematics. In order to secure good marks in Mathematics, students should be crystal clear with the CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2020-21. In this article, we will give detailed CBSE Maths Syllabus Class 10 along with section-wise marks distribution. Also, students can download the CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Maths as a PDF from this page. Read on to find out everything about Maths Reduced Syllabus Class 10.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Maths 2020-21
Before getting into the detailed CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Maths, let us have a look at the units included in CBSE Mathematics Syllabus along with the marks distribution:
|Unit No & Name||Weightage|
|Unit 1 – Number System||06|
|Unit 2 – Algebra||20|
|Unit 3 – Coordinate Geometry||06|
|Unit 4 – Geometry||15|
|Unit 5 – Trigonometry||12|
|Unit 6 – Mensuration||10|
|Unit 7 – Statistics And Probability||11|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
|CBSE Class 10 Maths NCERT Solutions||NCERT Books for Class 10 Maths|
The CBSE Board examination will be conducted for 80 marks. The remaining 20 marks are allotted for Internal Assessment.
New CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus
Due to the loss of classroom teaching time, HRD Minister Ramesh Nishank Pokriyal has reduced the syllabus of Class 10 CBSE 2020-21 Maths by up to 30%. However, teachers are notified to explain the deleted topics even though if they are not included in the portion. The deleted Syllabus of Class 10 Maths are given below:
Let us now look at the detailed CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Mathematics – chapters and concepts under each unit.
10th CBSE Maths Syllabus For Number Systems
- Real Numbers – Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic – statements after reviewing work done earlier and after illustrating and motivating through examples, Proofs of results – irrationality of √2, √3, √5, decimal expansions of rational numbers in terms of terminating/non-terminating recurring decimals
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus For Algebra
- Polynomials – Zeros of a polynomial. Relationship between zeros and coefficients of quadratic polynomials.
- Pair Of Linear Equations In Two Variables
a. Pair of linear equations in two variables and graphical method of their solution, consistency/inconsistency.
b. Algebraic conditions for number of solutions. Solution of a pair of linear equations in two variables algebraically – by substitution, by elimination. Simple situational problems. Simple problems on equations reducible to linear equations.
- Quadratic Equations – a. Standard form of a quadratic equation ax2+bx+c=0, (a ≠ 0). Solution of the quadratic equations (only real mysqladmins) by factorization, by completing the square and by using quadratic formula. Relationship between discriminant and nature of mysqladmins.
- Arithmetic Progressions – Motivation for studying Arithmetic Progression Derivation of the nth term.
Download – Algebra Formulas for Class 10
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Maths – Coordinate Geometry
- Lines (In two-dimensions) – Concepts of coordinate geometry, graphs of linear equations. Distance formula. Section formula (internal division).
Class 10 Maths Syllabus For Geometry
Definitions, examples, counter examples of similar triangles.
- (Prove) If a line is drawn parallel to one side of a triangle to intersect the other two sides in distinct points, the other two sides are divided in the same ratio.
- (Motivate) If a line divides two sides of a triangle in the same ratio, the line is parallel to the third side.
- (Motivate) If in two triangles, the corresponding angles are equal, their corresponding sides are proportional and the triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If the corresponding sides of two triangles are proportional, their corresponding angles are equal and the two triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If one angle of a triangle is equal to one angle of another triangle and the sides including these angles are proportional, the two triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If a perpendicular is drawn from the vertex of the right angle of a right triangle to the hypotenuse, the triangles on each side of the perpendicular are similar to the whole triangle and to each other.
Tangents to a circle motivated by chords drawn from points coming closer and closer to the point.
- (Prove) The tangent at any point of a circle is perpendicular to the radius through the point of contact.
- (Prove) The lengths of tangents drawn from an external point to circle are equal.
- Division of a line segment in a given ratio (internally).
- Tangent to a circle from a point outside it.
Maths Syllabus Class 10 CBSE For Trigonometry
- Introduction To Trigonometry – Trigonometric ratios of an acute angle of a right-angled triangle. Proof of their existence (well defined); Values (with proofs) of the trigonometric ratios of 30°, 45° and 60°. Relationships between the ratios.
- Trigonometric Identities – Proof and applications of the identity sin2A + cos2A = 1. Only simple identities to be given.
- Heights and Distances – Simple and believable problems on heights and distances. Problems should not involve more than two right triangles. Angles of elevation/depression should be only 30°, 45°, 60°.
NCERT Class 10 Maths Syllabus For Mensuration
Areas Related to Circles – Motivate the area of a circle; area of sectors and segments of a circle. Problems based on areas and perimeter/circumference of the above-said plane figures. (In calculating the area of a segment of a circle, problems should be restricted to the central angle of 60°, 90°. Plane figures involving triangles, simple quadrilaterals and circle should be taken).
Surface Areas and Volumes –
- a. Problems on finding surface areas and volumes of combinations of any two of the following: cubes, cuboids, spheres, hemispheres and right circular cylinders/cones.
- b. Problems involving converting one type of metallic solid into another and other mixed problems
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Maths Statistics And Probability
Statistics – Median and mode of grouped data (bimodal situation to be avoided).
Probability – Classical definition of probability. Simple problems on single events (not using set notation).
CBSE Class 10 Maths Exam Pattern
This question paper contains two parts – A and B. Both Part A and Part B have internal choices.
Part – A:
1. It consists of two sections- I and II.
2. Section I has 16 questions. Internal choice is provided in 5 questions.
3. Section II has four case study-based questions. Each case study has 5 case-based sub-parts. An examinee is to attempt any 4 out of 5 sub-parts.
Part – B:
1. Question No 21 to 26 are Very Short Answer Type questions of 2 marks each.
2. Question No 27 to 33 are Short Answer Type questions of 3 marks each.
3. Question No 34 to 36 are Long Answer Type questions of 5 marks each.
4. Internal choice is provided in 2 questions of 2 marks, 2 questions of 3 marks and 1 question of 5 marks.
The Internal Assessment carries 20 marks:
|Pen Paper Test and Multiple Assessment (5+5)||10 Marks|
|Lab Practical (Lab activities to be done from the prescribed books)||5 Marks|
CBSE Class 10 Maths Books
The Class 10th Mathematics books are tabulated below:
|Book Name & Publication|
|Mathematics Textbook for Class X – NCERT Publication|
|Guidelines for Mathematics Laboratory in Schools, Class X – CBSE Publication|
|Mathematics Exemplar Problems for Class X, NCERT Publication|
|Laboratory Manual – Mathematics, NCERT Publication|
Now you have a clear idea about CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Maths. Make sure you finish each and every topic in the most effective and efficient manner. Solve as many CBSE Class 10 Maths questions as possible. You can also take CBSE Class 10 Maths mock tests for free on Embibe.
|NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths||NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science|
FAQs On Class 10 CBSE Maths Syllabus
The frequently asked questions on Maths Class 10 Syllabus are given below:
A. CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus consists of 7 units and they are Number Systems, Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, Geometry, Trigonometry, Mensuration, Statistics and Probability.
A. No, the Area of Triangle comes under Class 10 Maths Deleted Syllabus. Thus, Area of Triangle has been deleted for the academic year 2020-21.
A. Statement and simple problems on division algorithm for polynomials with real coefficients, Situational problems based on equations reducible to quadratic equations, Cross multiplication method and Application in solving daily life problems based on sum to n terms have been deleted in Class 10 Maths Algebra.
We hope this detailed article on CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Maths is helpful. If you have any queries regarding this article, kindly drop your questions in the comment section below and we will get back to you.21472 Views