CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Maths 2021-22: Maths is one of the most important and tough subjects in CBSE Class 10 Board Exams. It requires a lot of practice, a deep understanding of concepts and memorization of important formulas. Maths is a scoring subject and can help students improve their overall CBSE Class 10 results. If you are a student appearing in CBSE Class 10 Maths Exams for 2021-22, the first thing you should do to ensure better scores is to get familiar with CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Math 2021-22.
It is a prerequisite for Class 10 students appearing for the board exams to have a holistic understanding of the CBSE Class 10 for 2021-22 Mathematics Syllabus. Otherwise, they might miss out on certain important chapters and topics. Students searching for the syllabus of Maths Class 10 CBSE 2021-22 can get complete details from this article.
The revised CBSE Class 10 for Maths has been divided into two terms: (i) Term I and (ii) Term II. The CBSE Class 10 Term – I Syllabus includes 7 chapters while the CBSE Class 10 Term – II has 5 chapters to cover. Each term holds 50 marks, where 40 marks come from written exams and 10 marks will come from internal assessment. This article will provide you with a detailed CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Maths for both the terms along with Chapter-Wise marks distribution. Also, students can download the Term-Wise Syllabus of Maths Class 10 CBSE 2020-21 PDF from this page. Read on to find out everything about Maths Reduced Syllabus Class 10.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Maths 2021-22: First Term
The First Term Syllabus for CBSE Class 12 Maths contains 6 Units and holds 50 marks in total. Students can find the marks-wise weightage of all the units from the table below.
|VI||STATISTICS & PROBABILITY||6|
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Maths 2021-22: Second Term
The Second Term Syllabus for CBSE Class 10 Maths have 4 Units and it accounts for 50 marks in total. For Unit-wise Weightage, Students can refer to the table provided below.
|IV||STATISTICS & PROBABILITY(Cont)||4|
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Maths (Old Syllabus)
Here we have also provided the late-year CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for your reference. Before getting into the detailed CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Maths, let us have a look at the units included in the syllabus of maths class 10 CBSE 2021-22, along with the marks distribution. Check out the below table for chapter-wise weightage of the CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus.
|Unit No & Name||Weightage|
|Unit 1 – Number System||06|
|Unit 2 – Algebra||20|
|Unit 3 – Coordinate Geometry||06|
|Unit 4 – Geometry||15|
|Unit 5 – Trigonometry||12|
|Unit 6 – Mensuration||10|
|Unit 7 – Statistics And Probability||11|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
The CBSE Board examination will be conducted for 80 marks. The remaining 20 marks are allotted for Internal Assessment. Students must create a study plan based on the latest syllabus of maths CBSE 10 CBSE 2021-22 to achieve the desired score in the final exams.
New CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus
Due to the loss of classroom teaching time, HRD Minister Ramesh Nishank Pokriyal has reduced the syllabus of Class 10 CBSE 2021-22 Maths by up to 30%. However, teachers are notified to explain the deleted topics even if they are not included in the portion. Students can check the deleted Syllabus of Class 10 Maths in the below section.
Many Class 10 students find CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Coordinate Geometry, Number Systems, and other topics tough. To help them, Embibe offers mock tests to practise the learned concepts and understand the basics. Let us now look at the detailed CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Mathematics – chapters and concepts under each unit.
10th CBSE Maths Syllabus For Number Systems
- Real Numbers – Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic – statements after reviewing work done earlier and after illustrating and motivating through examples, Proofs of results – irrationality of √2, √3, √5, decimal expansions of rational numbers in terms of terminating/non-terminating recurring decimals
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus For Algebra
Students can check the CBSE, Class 10 mathematics algebra chapter syllabus below.
- Polynomials – Zeros of a polynomial. Relationship between zeros and coefficients of quadratic polynomials.
- Pair Of Linear Equations In Two Variables
a. Pair of linear equations in two variables and graphical method of their solution, consistency/inconsistency.
b. Algebraic conditions for number of solutions. Solution of a pair of linear equations in two variables algebraically – by substitution, by elimination. Simple situational problems. Simple problems on equations reducible to linear equations.
- Quadratic Equations – a. Standard form of a quadratic equation ax2+bx+c=0, (a ≠ 0). Solution of the quadratic equations (only real mysqladmins) by factorization, by completing the square and by using quadratic formula. Relationship between discriminant and nature of mysqladmins.
- Arithmetic Progressions – Motivation for studying Arithmetic Progression Derivation of the nth term.
Download – Algebra Formulas for Class 10
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Maths – Coordinate Geometry
- Lines (In two-dimensions) – Concepts of coordinate geometry, graphs of linear equations. Distance formula. Section formula (internal division).
Class 10 Maths Syllabus For Geometry
Definitions, examples, counter examples of similar triangles.
- (Prove) If a line is drawn parallel to one side of a triangle to intersect the other two sides in distinct points, the other two sides are divided in the same ratio.
- (Motivate) If a line divides two sides of a triangle in the same ratio, the line is parallel to the third side.
- (Motivate) If in two triangles, the corresponding angles are equal, their corresponding sides are proportional and the triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If the corresponding sides of two triangles are proportional, their corresponding angles are equal and the two triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If one angle of a triangle is equal to one angle of another triangle and the sides including these angles are proportional, the two triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If a perpendicular is drawn from the vertex of the right angle of a right triangle to the hypotenuse, the triangles on each side of the perpendicular are similar to the whole triangle and to each other.
Tangents to a circle motivated by chords drawn from points coming closer and closer to the point.
- (Prove) The tangent at any point of a circle is perpendicular to the radius through the point of contact.
- (Prove) The lengths of tangents drawn from an external point to circle are equal.
- Division of a line segment in a given ratio (internally).
- Tangent to a circle from a point outside it.
Maths Syllabus Class 10 CBSE For Trigonometry
- Introduction To Trigonometry – Trigonometric ratios of an acute angle of a right-angled triangle. Proof of their existence (well defined); Values (with proofs) of the trigonometric ratios of 30°, 45° and 60°. Relationships between the ratios.
- Trigonometric Identities – Proof and applications of the identity sin2A + cos2A = 1. Only simple identities to be given.
- Heights and Distances – Simple and believable problems on heights and distances. Problems should not involve more than two right triangles. Angles of elevation/depression should be only 30°, 45°, 60°.
NCERT Class 10 Maths Syllabus For Mensuration
Areas Related to Circles – Motivate the area of a circle; area of sectors and segments of a circle—problems based on areas and perimeter/circumference of the above-said plane figures. (In calculating the area of a circle segment, problems should be restricted to the central angle of 60°, 90°. Plane figures involving triangles, simple quadrilaterals and circles should be taken).
Surface Areas and Volumes –
- a. Problems on finding surface areas and volumes of combinations of any two of the following: cubes, cuboids, spheres, hemispheres and right circular cylinders/cones.
- b. Problems involving converting one type of metallic solid into another and other mixed problems
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus For Maths Statistics And Probability
Statistics – Median and mode of grouped data (bimodal situation to be avoided).
Probability – Classical definition of probability. Simple problems on single events (not using set notation).
CBSE Class 10 Maths Exam Pattern
Along with the syllabus of maths class 10 CBSE 2021-22, it is essential to have information regarding the CBSE Class 10 Maths Exam Pattern. The CBSE Class 10 Maths Question Paper contains two sections- A and B. Both Section A and Section B have internal choices.
Part – A:
1. It consists of two sections- I and II.
2. Section I has 16 questions. Internal choice is provided in 5 questions.
3. Section II has four case study-based questions. Each case study has 5 case-based sub-parts. An examinee is to attempt any 4 out of 5 sub-parts.
Part – B:
1. Question No 21 to 26 are Very Short Answer Type questions of 2 marks each.
2. Question No 27 to 33 are Short Answer Type questions of 3 marks each.
3. Question No 34 to 36 are Long Answer Type questions of 5 marks each.
4. Internal choice is provided in 2 questions of 2 marks, 2 questions of 3 marks and 1 question of 5 marks.
The Internal Assessment carries 20 marks:
|Pen Paper Test and Multiple Assessment (5+5)||10 Marks|
|Lab Practical (Lab activities to be done from the prescribed books)||5 Marks|
CBSE Class 10 Maths Books
To prepare for the Class 10th Maths exam, it is crucial for students to follow the latest syllabus and exam pattern prescribed by the CBSE. Students can get comprehensive details of the CBSE Class 10th 2021 Mathematics Syllabus in the following books. The Class 10th Mathematics book name and publication are mentioned in the table below.
|Book Name & Publication|
|Mathematics Textbook for Class X – NCERT Publication|
|Guidelines for Mathematics Laboratory in Schools, Class X – CBSE Publication|
|Mathematics Exemplar Problems for Class X, NCERT Publication|
|Laboratory Manual – Mathematics, NCERT Publication|
Now you have a clear idea about CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Maths. Make sure you finish every topic most effectively and efficiently. Solve as many CBSE Class 10 Maths questions as possible. You can also take CBSE Class 10 Maths mock tests on Embibe. The tests are designed by subject matter experts and provide a detailed explanation of every question. Students can utilise these tests to cover the complete syllabus of Maths Class 10 CBSE 2021-21 and perform better in the final exams.
FAQs On Class 10 CBSE Maths Syllabus
The frequently asked questions on Maths Class 10 Syllabus are given below:
A. CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus consists of 7 units: Number Systems, Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, Geometry, Trigonometry, Mensuration, Statistics, and Probability.
A. Yes, the Area of Triangle that comes under Class 10 Maths is not deleted from the 2021-22 Syllabus.
A. No, For 2021-22 the syllabus is not reduced, and the whole 100% syllabus is included in this session.
A. As a result, the level of difficulty of the Standard exam was way higher than the Basic exam. On the other hand, the Class 10 Maths Basic examination questions are easy, where all the questions were asked from NCERT itself. Therefore, students can easily attempt all the questions within the time frame without facing any difficulty.
A. No, for Academic session 2021-22, the Board is not removed from Class 10th.
We hope this detailed article on CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for Maths is helpful. If you have any queries regarding this article, kindly drop your questions in the comment section below, and we will get back to you.2442 Views