CBSE Class 12 Syllabus 2021-22: Central Board of Secondary Education has prescribed the latest CBSE syllabus to students of Class 12. CBSE board has released the reduced syllabus bifurcating the same into two terms. CBSE board will conduct the exam in two parts on the basis of the reduced CBSE Class 11 syllabus. This is done by implementing the Special Scheme of Assessment for Class 10 and 12 for the current academic year 2021-22. The reduced syllabus of Class 12 CBSE 2021-22 in Term 1 & Term 2 provides the right path for students towards studies. Students are highly advised to commence the preparation for the exam according to the latest syllabus. Students who are waiting for the new exam samples must check the official website and get the same from there. CBSE has released CBSE Class 12 syllabus 2021-22. The term-wise reduced syllabus of Class 12 CBSE 2021-22 is available on the official website of CBSE.
By understanding the CBSE syllabus for Class 12, students must perform well in the exam and prepare for the subject thoroughly. Earlier, CBSE has released the rationalized CBSE Class 12 syllabus for Term 1 & Term 2 for the current academic session 2021-22. With the latest circular, CBSE conducts board exams in two terms i.e. 50% CBSE Class 12 syllabus 2021-22 in each term. Keeping the current Covid-19 pandemic situation in mind, the CBSE board has reduced the Class 12 syllabus by almost 30%. Continue reading the full article to know about the subject-wise latest reduced syllabus for the 2021-22 session.
All 12th Standard students must have a clear understanding of the CBSE Class 12 syllabus 2021-22. This article will provide you with the detailed syllabus of Class 12 CBSE for all subjects. Unit-wise distribution of marks along with chapters and concepts under each unit will also be mentioned.
👉 October 18: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) have released the CBSE 10th and 12th Date Sheet for Main subjects.
👉 October 21: CBSE has released the 10th and 12th Date Sheet for Minor subjects.
Practice Embibe’s Exclusive CBSE Term 1 Sample Papers Based on New Guidelines:
Here at Embibe, you can get the Free CBSE Revised MCQ Mock Test 2021 for all topics. The MCQ Test offered by Embibe is curated based on revised CBSE Class Books, paper patterns and syllabus for the year 2021. This mock test series has a comprehensive selection of relevant questions and their solutions. Candidates in CBSE Board can take these free mock tests to practise and find areas where they need to improve for their board exams.
CBSE has introduced a new assessment scheme for 12th Board Exams 2021-22, in which the exams will be conducted in two terms. The term I examination will be held from December 1, 2021, with 50% of the rationalised syllabus in 90-minute MCQ (Objective) format. Term II will be held in Mar-April 2022, with the other half syllabus as a descriptive type for two hours duration. Check the CBSE Class 12 Term 1 exam datesheet in the linked article.
CBSE Class 12 Syllabus 2021-22: Revised Plan
Below we have provided the revised plan by CBSE for Class 12 Syllabus Term 1 and Term 2.
- The academic session is to be divided into two terms with approximately 50% syllabus in each term.
- The syllabus for the CBSE Class XII 2021-22 will be rationalized similar to that of the last academic session to be notified in July 2021.
- The efforts will be made to make Internal Assessment/ Practical/ Project work more credible and valid.
- Schools will continue to teach in distance mode till the authorities permit person mode of teaching in schools.
- The internal assessment in Classes XI-XII (throughout the year-irrespective of Term I and II) would include end of topic or unit tests/ exploratory activities/ practicals/ projects.
- Schools would create a student profile for all assessments undertaken over the year and retain the evidence in digital format.
- CBSE will facilitate schools to upload marks of Internal Assessment on the CBSE IT platform.
- The guidelines for internal assessment for all subjects will also be released along with the rationalized term wise divided syllabus for the session 2021-22.
- The board would also provide additional resources like sample assessments, question banks, teacher training etc. for more reliable and valid internal assessments.
CBSE CLASS XII – COURSE STRUCTURE
PHYSICS CLASS XII
Refer to the image below to get CBSE Term 1 Class 12 syllabus for Physics. We have provided the detailed Physics Class 12 Syllabus 2021-22 Term 1 and Term 2.
BIOLOGY CLASS XII
CHEMISTRY CLASS XII
MATHEMATICS CLASS XII
Here we have provided the Maths Class 12 Syllabus 2021-22 Term 1 and Term 2 separately.
CBSE Term I Syllabus Class 12 – Term I Examination
Here are some important points regarding Term 1 Class 12 Syllabus for 2021-22:
- At the end of the first term, the Board will organize Term I Examination in a flexible schedule to be conducted between November-December 2021 with a window period of 4-8 weeks for schools situated in different parts of the country and abroad. Dates for conduct of examinations will be notified subsequently.
- The Question Paper will have Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) including case-based MCQs and MCQs on assertion-reasoning type. Duration of test will be 90 minutes and it will cover only the rationalized syllabus of Term I only (i.e. approx. 50% of the entire syllabus).
- Question Papers will be sent by the CBSE to schools along with a marking scheme.
- The exams will be conducted under the supervision of the External Center Superintendents and Observers appointed by CBSE.
- The responses of students will be captured on OMR sheets which, after scanning may be directly uploaded at CBSE portal or alternatively may be evaluated and marks obtained will be uploaded by the school on the very same day. The final direction in this regard will be conveyed to schools by the Examination Unit of the Board.
- Marks of the Term I Examination will contribute to the final overall score of students.
CBSE Term II Syllabus Class 12: Term 2 Examination
- At the end of the second term, the Board would organize Term II or Year End Examination based on the rationalized syllabus of Term II only (i.e. approximately 50% of the entire syllabus).
- This examination would be held around March-April 2022 at the examination centres fixed by the Board.
- The paper will be of 2 hours duration and have questions of different formats (case-based/ situation based, open ended- short answer/ long answer type).
- In case the situation is not conducive for normal descriptive examination a 90 minutes MCQ based exam will be conducted at the end of the Term II also.
- Marks of the Term II Examination would contribute to the final overall score.
CBSE Class 12 Syllabus 2021-22: Revised Curriculum- Assessment/Examination
A. In case the situation of the pandemic improves and students are able to come to schools or centres for taking the exams. The board would conduct Term I and Term II examinations at schools/centres and the theory marks will be distributed equally between the two exams.
B. In case the situation of the pandemic forces complete closure of schools during November-December 2021, but Term II exams are held at schools or centres. The term I MCQ based examination would be done by students online/offline from home – in this case, the weightage of this exam for the final score would be reduced, and the weightage of Term II exams will be increased for declaration of the final result.
C. In case the situation of the pandemic forces complete closure of schools during March-April 2022, but Term I exams are held at schools or centres. Results would be based on the performance of students on Term I MCQ based examination and internal assessments. The weightage of marks of the Term I examination conducted by the Board will be increased to provide year-end results of candidates.
D. In case the situation of the pandemic forces complete closure of schools and Board conducted Term I and II exams are taken by the candidates from home in the session 2021-22. Results would be computed on the basis of the Internal Assessment/Practical/Project Work and Theory marks of Term-I and II exams taken by the candidate from home in Class XII subject to the moderation or other measures to ensure validity and reliability of the assessment.
CBSE Term 1 Syllabus Class 12: Detailed Study Plan
August 19, 2021: CBSE has announced the study plan (structure) for Class 12 Term-1 to cover the entire syllabus. Here is the timeline:
|Term 1 Syllabus||September 25|
|Term 1 Revision||November 5|
According to the study timeline, after the online assignments and classes, students are expected to do self-study and complete the syllabus in 40 days from now (September 25). They should refer to NCERT books and an objective chapter-wise question bank only.
In the next 40 days from September 25 to November 5, students should completely focus on the revision part. Use CBSE Class 12 Sample Papers to revise and revisit the topics. CBSE is calling this study plan “Student study hours”. CBSE recommends students study for fixed hours each day to complete the syllabus in a smooth manner. The daily subject-wise study hours are tabulated below:
To employ the 2 hour study hour concept per subject each day, a basic schedule must be created by categorizing the chapters as easy or difficult/lengthy.
CBSE 12 New Assessment Scheme for Board Exams
CBSE has released a new exam plan for Class 12 Board exams for the academic year 2021-2022. At the place of one Board exam, the academic session has been split into two terms, and the board will conduct the exam at the end of each term.
A Notification issued on Monday stated, “The syllabus for the Board examination 2021-22 will be rationalized similar to the last academic session,” when the syllabus was reduced by 30%. The syllabus is divided in half across the two terms. A term I will be held in November-December 2021 and have a 90-minute duration test in MCQ format covering the first half rationalized syllabus. The exam will be held at school under the supervision of external examiners. The question paper and marking scheme will be shared with the schools at the time of examination.
Term II Board exams will be scheduled in March-April 2022 at exam centres mentioned in the admit card. These exams are of two-hour duration. Question papers will be in new and different formats from the present one, but “if the situation is not conducive for descriptive examinations, then the same format as Term I will be followed, i.e. 90-minute MCQ papers.
As the results of both the term exams will be added to the final score, the board also has provided four options based on the Covid situation.
- If both the term exams will be held at the centres, theory marks will be evenly distributed between both exams.
- If schools are closed for Term I exams, students have to take the exams online or offline from their homes, but Term II needs to be held at the associated centres. In this case, the weightage of the [Term I] exam in the final score will be reduced, and the weightage of Term II exams will be increased.
- If Term I exams will be held in school, but Term II exams are not conducive at the centre, and students take it online or offline, then the results are made based on students’ performance in Term I and internal assessments. The weightage of marks of Term I is increased in comparing to Term 2″.
- If both the term exams are non-conducive at schools or centres, then results will be evaluated based on internal assessments and practicals. The marks of term I and II exams taken by the students from home will be considered. The subject to the moderation or introducing other measures to ensure validity and reliability of the assessment will also be considered.
Reduced Syllabus of Class 12 CBSE 2021-22 (Subject-wise)
The CBSE class 12 syllabus 2021-22 PDF will help students clear the board exam with good marks. Moreover, the detailed syllabus is also useful for students who want to appear for competitive entrance exams like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, and NEET for admission to engineering and medical courses in various colleges.
The board has issued a reduced syllabus that is divided into two terms. The board would also divide the exams into two parts, using the CBSE Class 11 Syllabus. For the academic year 2021-22, this was done by introducing the Special Scheme of Assessment for Classes 10 and 12. Because of the proliferation of the Novel Coronavirus, this measure has been taken.
The CBSE class 12 syllabus 2021-22 (Term 1 and Term 2) shows students how to proceed with their studies. As a result, they are recommended to study for the exam according to the curriculum provided here. Class 12 is a watershed moment in a student’s academic career since it determines their future job possibilities. Students may perform well in their examinations and properly study for each topic by comprehending the CBSE Syllabus for Class 12. Students can use the CBSE Class 12 Syllabus to figure out what topics they should start with.
Here we have given the complete CBSE Class 12 Syllabus 2021-22 PDF Download Link. Check the subject-wise syllabus pdf and download it from this page. The detailed syllabus for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, English and Hindi are as follows:
|S. No||Subject (Reduced Syllabus)|
|1||CBSE Class 12 Physics Syllabus|
|2||CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Syllabus|
|3||CBSE Class 12 Maths Syllabus|
|4||CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus|
|5||CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus|
|6||CBSE Class 12 Hindi Core Syllabus|
|NCERT Solutions for Class 12|
|NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics|
|NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry|
|NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology|
|NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Maths|
|CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12|
Syllabus of Class 12 CBSE 2021-22: Importance of CBSE 12th Syllabus
The CBSE class 12 syllabus 2021-22 gives detailed information about the various sections and units for every subject. Chapters and concepts under each unit are also provided. Students must ensure that they have the basic knowledge of all the chapters and concepts. Let’s have a look at the below-mentioned points:
- Syllabus covers entire course structure that represents the marks weightage for each section & duration.
- CBSE Syllabus explains question paper format which makes them familiarize with the type of questions they can expect from each topic.
- Exam papers are prepare according to CBSE board class 12 syllabus , students must prepare accordingly.
- CBSE syllabus helps students to prepare effectively for Class 12 board.
- CBSE syllabus is constructed in a manner that they not only help students but also teachers.
Also, having a deeper understanding of important chapters would be an added advantage. It will help if you are appearing for engineering and medical entrance exams, like JEE (Main and Advanced), NEET, BITSAT, etc.
Syllabus of Class 12 CBSE 2021-22: Preparation Strategy
Students must thoroughly finish the NCERT textbooks for the respective subjects. Class 12th PCM Syllabus (Physics, Chemistry, and Math) is important for engineering aspirants. On the other hand, medical aspirants have to focus on the Class 12th PCB syllabus (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology).
For chapters and concepts of Class 12 you are not confident about, you can refer to the CBSE study material of Embibe. There are video lectures available on Embibe that explain every single concept of the Class 12 curriculum (for PCMB subjects).
In addition, you can also solve CBSE Class 12 practice questions for Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and Biology, that are selected from the NCERT textbooks as well as from other advanced reference books. Detailed solutions are also provided.
FAQs Related to CBSE 12th Syllabus
The frequently asked questions regarding CBSE 12th Standard Syllabus are listed below:
Q: What is the syllabus of Class 12th CBSE?
A: CBSE 12th Syllabus consists of 6 main subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, English, and Hindi. Students will have to choose one language subject as per their choice.
Q: Is the CBSE syllabus the same as NCERT?
A: Yes, CBSE Syllabus is the same as the NCERT Syllabus.
Q: Are NCERT books enough to cover the CBSE Class 12 syllabus?
A: Yes, NCERT books are enough to complete the CBSE syllabus of Class 12. That’s why CBSE recommends the NCERT books. Students should also solve sample papers and previous year papers.
Q: Where can I get CBSE official syllabus for Class 12?
A: You can download the CBSE 12th official syllabus from this article. You can also download the same from the CBSE official website.
Also, at Embibe, JEE and NEET aspirants can take JEE Mock Tests and NEET Mock Tests. Embibe also provides personalized guidance for these exams wherein your current position is identified by Embibe’s Artificial Intelligence-based product, RANKUP. Then, you are given personalized assistance at every step until you are in a position to get into your dream engineering or medical college.
We hope this detailed article on CBSE Class 12 syllabus helps you in your preparation. You can drop your queries in the comment section below. We will get back to you.437 Views