NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Biology Chapter 6: If you are looking for NCERT Class 11 Biology Chapter 6 exercise questions, then go through this article for detailed solutions and explanations. Using the NCERT Solutions of Anatomy of Flowering Plants, you can outshine others as each answer is prepared by the top science academicians at Embibe.
You can also download the NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 6 PDF to revise the solutions at any time and place in offline mode. For better practice, one must understand the various concepts in Class 11 Biology Chapter 6 and then try answering the questions from the textbook. If you are unable to solve the questions, then you can refer to the solutions provided here.
NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Biology Chapter 6: Anatomy Of Flowering Plants
Before getting into the detailed NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 6, let’s look at the topics included in this chapter:
|6.2||The Tissue System|
|6.2.1||Epidermal Tissue System|
|6.2.2||Ground Tissue System|
|6.2.3||Vascular Tissue System|
|6.3||Anatomy of Dicotyledonous and Monocotyledonous Plants|
|6.4.3||Secondary Growth in Roots|
NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Biology Chapter 6 – Chapter Description
A plant has different kinds of tissues. Plant tissues are broadly classified into Meristematic Tissues (Apical, lateral and intercalary) and permanent (simple and complex). The main functions of tissues include the assimilation of food and its storage, transportation of water, minerals, and photosynthesis, and providing mechanical support. Also, students will learn that there are three types of tissue systems – Epidermal Tissue System, Ground Tissue System, and Vascular Tissue System. The ground tissue system forms the main bulk of the plant. It has three zones – cortex, pericycle, and pith.
Then, this chapter on Anatomy of Flowering Plants will deal with the anatomy of Dicotyledonous and Monocotyledonous Plants. You will learn about the stems and roots of Dicotyledonous and Monocotyledonous Plants. Other topics that are discussed are Vascular Cambium and Cork Cambium. Vascular Cambium is present in patches as a single layer between the xylem and phloem. Cork Cambium is a meristematic tissue that develops in the cortex region.
How to Prepare for Class 11 Biology Chapter 6 Anatomy Of Flowering Plants?
These NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 6 will help you in your exam preparations. Make sure that you understand all the concepts first and then solve the exercises to find out where you stand. Refer to the solutions provided here if necessary. You can also solve the Anatomy of Flowering Plant practice questions and take Class 11 Biology Chapter 6 mock test on Embibe. These will help you not only in your Class 11 exams but also in competitive exams like NEET. This is a high weightage chapter from which 3-4 questions are asked every year.
|NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 5||NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology||NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 7|
NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Biology Chapter 6 – Important Questions
|1 Mark Important Questions From Anatomy of Flowering Plants|
- Name the tissue represented by the jute fibres used for making the ropes.
- Which kind of tools have polyarch vascular bundles?
- What is heartwood?
- Where are bulliform cells found in leaves?
- Which meristem does produce growth in length?
|2 Mark Important Questions From Anatomy of Flowering Plants|
- Why is cambium considered to be lateral meristem?
- Give any four differences between tracheids and vessels.
- What are trichomes? State their functions.
- Distinguish between Collenchymas and Sclerenchyma.
- What is stomatal apparatus? Draw a well-labelled diagram of stomata.
|3 Mark Important Questions From Anatomy of Flowering Plants|
- Differentiate between endarch and exarch conditions.
- Explain the structure and functions of collenchyma.
- What are the sieve elements? Explain their types and functions.
- State the location and function of different types of meristems.
- Describe the internal structure of dicot root.
|5 Mark Important Questions From Anatomy of Flowering Plants|
- Describe the internal structure of a monocot root with the help of a labelled diagram.
- What is wood? What are its different types?
We hope this article on NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 6 helps you. If you have any question feel free to post it in the comment below. We will get back to you at the earliest.134 Views