CBSE Class 11 Syllabus 2021-22: The Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) has released the latest Class 11 syllabus for the 2021-22 session. Students can check the latest syllabus CBSE Class 11 on the official website, i.e., cbse.gov.in. Moreover, they can also check the latest syllabus here in this article. Students are already aware that the board has released the new scheme of assessment. According to the scheme, the board has divided the academic year 2021-22 into two terms, i.e., term I and term II. Furthermore, the board has also divided the entire 11th syllabus into approximately 50% for both terms.
The board designed the syllabus according to the guidelines laid down by the Ministry of Education. Furthermore, all the schools affiliated with the board follow the prescribed CBSE syllabus for Class 11. The board prepares the Class 11 exam question paper from the prescribed syllabus. Therefore, students studying and preparing for the Class 11 exam must check the syllabus. It will give students an idea about the course structure, unit-wise weightage, prescribed books, question paper pattern, and other vital details.
The students must also note that there is no reduction in the syllabus for the academic session 2021-22 like the last year. Read the article ahead to know more about the latest Syllabus for Class 11. In this article, we have provided a detailed Term-wise as well as subject-wise Class 11 syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022.
CBSE Class 11 Syllabus 2021-22 – Highlights
Students studying in the CBSE Class 11 can check the highlights related to the exam below:
- CBSE will conduct the Class 11 examination in two terms: the term I exam and the term II/ year-end exam.
- The term I examination covers approx. 50% syllabus of Class 11.
- Similarly, the term II/ year-end examination covers the remaining approx. 50% of the Class 11 syllabus.
- The board has released the overall syllabus and term-wise syllabus for each subject of Class 11.
- CBSE will conduct the term I exam in November-December 2021 and the term II/ year-end exam in March-April 2022.
- The board has not reduced or deleted any portion of the Class 11 syllabus like the last year.
Students can check the CBSE Class 11 marking scheme to know more about the weightage for all subjects.
CBSE Class 11 Syllabus 2021-22 for All Subjects
The CBSE 11th syllabus gives students detailed information about the various sections and units covered in each subject. Students must ensure that they know all the chapters and concepts appearing in the exam. Furthermore, getting a deeper understanding of important chapters or topics would add an advantage in scoring good marks.
With the help of the syllabus, students can focus more on those topics where the weightage of marks is high. Furthermore, the syllabus helps the students prepare for various engineering and medical entrance exams, like JEE, NEET, BITSAT, etc. Students can check the subject-wise CBSE 11th syllabus 2021-22 from the table below. Moreover, they can get CBSE 11th syllabus 2021-22 for all subjects of science, commerce, and arts streams.
Subject-wise CBSE 11th Syllabus 2021-22
Term-wise CBSE Syllabus for Class XI
CBSE has also provided the term-wise syllabus of all subjects of CBSE Class 11. We have provided subject-wise pdfs of the CBSE 11th syllabus for term I and term II exams in the table below. Students can download the term-wise Class 11 syllabus and refer to it for exam preparation. A holistic understanding of the syllabus will enable students to understand the subjects and perform better in the term exams.
Term I Syllabus of Class 11 CBSE 2021-22
Check the subject-wise CBSE 11th syllabus 2021-22 for the term I examination below:
|Subjects||CBSE Class 11 Term I Syllabus PDF 2021-22 Download|
|English Core||Term I Syllabus for Class 11 English|
|English Elective||Term I Syllabus for Class 11 English|
|Maths||Term I Syllabus for Class 11 Maths|
|Physics||Term I Syllabus for Class 11 Physics|
|Chemistry||Term I Syllabus for Class 11 Chemistry|
|Biology||Term I Syllabus for Class 11 Biology|
|Business Studies||Term I Syllabus for Class 11 Business Studies|
|Accountancy||Term I Syllabus for Class 11 Accountancy|
|Economics||Term I Syllabus for Class 11 Economics|
|Computer Science||Term I Syllabus for Class 11 Computer Science|
|Hindi Core||Term I Syllabus for Class 11 Hindi|
|Hindi Elective||Term I Syllabus for Class 11 Hindi|
|History||Term I Syllabus for Class 11 History|
|Geography||Term I Syllabus for Class 11 Geography|
|Political Science||Term I Syllabus for Class 11 Political Science|
|Sociology||Term I Syllabus for Class 11 Sociology|
|Psychology||Term I Syllabus for Class 11 Psychology|
|Biotechnology||Term I Syllabus for Class 11 Biotechnology|
Term II/ Year-end Syllabus of Class 11 CBSE 2021-22
Students can check the table below to know the subject-wise CBSE 11th syllabus for the term II/ year-end examination 2021-22:
Deleted/ Reduced Syllabus of Class 11 CBSE 2021-22
The students must know that the board has not deleted or reduced any syllabus for the Class 11 exam 2021-22. CBSE will cover the entire syllabus in the term I and term II/ year-end exams. However, if any student wants to know about the reduced/ deleted syllabus of Class 11, he/ she can check the same below:
Deleted/ Reduced Syllabus of Class 11 CBSE 2020-21
|Subjects||CBSE Class 11 Deleted Syllabus 2020-21||Few Deleted Topics/ Chapters|
|English Core||Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 English||Writing:|
– Classified Advertisements, Letters to the editor, Article & Report Writing, Narrative
– Modals, Clauses, Change of Voice, Error Correction, Editing Task/ Cloze Passages
– Hornbill: Father To Son, The Adventure
– Snapshots: The Ghat of the Only World, The Tale of Melon City
|English Elective||Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 English||– Report Writing|
– Glory of Twilight
– The Luncheon
– For Elkana
– Refugee Blues
– Felling of the Banyan Tree
– Ajamil and the Tigers
|Biology||Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Biology||– Taxonomy and Systematics|
– Angiospermae; Angiosperms – Classification up to Class, Characteristic Features and Examples
– Morphology and Modifications: Morphology of Different Parts of Flowering Plants: Root, Stem, Leaf, Fruit and Seed
– Anatomy and Functions of Different Tissues and Tissue Systems in Dicots and Monocots. Secondary Growth
– Movement of Water, Gases and Nutrients; Cell to Cell Transport, Diffusion, Facilitated Diffusion, Active Transport
– Essential Minerals, Macro- And Micronutrients and Their Role
– Nitrogen Metabolism, Nitrogen Cycle, Biological Nitrogen Fixation
– Seed Germination; Phases of Plant Growth and Plant Growth Rate; Conditions of Growth
– Alimentary Canal and Digestive Glands, Role of Digestive Enzymes and Gastrointestinal Hormones
– Types of Movement – Ciliary, Flagellar, Muscular
– Reflex Action; Sensory Perception; Sense Organs; Elementary Structure and Functions of Eye and Ear
|Chemistry||Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Chemistry||– Dalton’s Atomic Theory: Concept of Elements, Atoms and Molecules|
– Thomson’s Model and Its Limitations, Rutherford’s Model and Its Limitations
– Significance of Classification, Brief History of the Development of Periodic Table
– Liquefaction of Gases, Critical Temperature, Kinetic Energy and Molecular Speeds (Elementary Idea)
– Heat Capacity and Specific Heat Capacity, Criteria for Equilibrium
– Hydrolysis of Salts (Elementary Idea), Henderson Equation
– Applications of Redox Reactions
– Entire Environmental Chemistry Chapter
|Mathematics||Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Maths||– Difference of sets.|
– Complement of a set, Properties of Complement
– Sum, Difference, Product and Quotients of Functions
– General Solutions of Trigonometric Equations of the Type Siny=Sina, Cosy=Cosa and Tany= Tana
– Entire Principle of Mathematical Induction, Binomial Theorem, and Mathematical Reasoning Chapters
– Square Root of a Complex Number
– Equation of Family of Lines Passing Through the Point of Intersection of Two Lines
– Analysis of Frequency Distributions With Equal Means but Different Variances.
– Axiomatic (Set-Theoretic) Probability, Connections With Other Theories of Earlier Classes
|Physics||Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Physics||– Frame of Reference, Motion in a Straight Line: Position-time Graph, Speed and Velocity|
– Intuitive Concept of Force, Inertia, Newton’s First Law of Motion
– Momentum and Newton’s Second Law of Motion; Impulse; Newton’s Third Law of Motion
– Statement of Parallel and Perpendicular Axes Theorems and Their Applications
– Kepler’s Laws of Planetary Motion, Acceleration Due to Gravity
– Elastic Behaviour, Shear Modulus of Rigidity, Poisson’s Ratio; Elastic Energy
– Heat, Temperature, Heat Transfer-conduction, Convection and Radiation
– Heat Engine and Refrigerator
– Fundamental Mode and Harmonics, Doppler Effect
CBSE Class 11 Exam Preparation Tips
Want to score good marks in the CBSE Class 11 CBSE 2021-22 term I and term II/ year-end exams? Here are some preparation tips that you can follow to score good marks in the exam:
- Go through the CBSE 11th syllabus before start preparing for any subject.
- Short out easy and challenging topics from the Class 11 syllabus.
- Check the Class 11 exam pattern to know about the types of questions, marking schemes, etc.
- Collect all the study materials before start preparing for the exam.
- Start preparing and practising questions from Class 11 NCERT books first.
- You can even take help from NCERT Solutions for Class 11.
- Practice as many questions as possible from various reference books.
- You can also check previous years question papers to know the types and difficulty level of the questions asked in the exam.
- Test yourself by taking CBSE Class 11 mock tests and find out the areas that need improvement.
- Finally, take short breaks and drink enough water to keep yourself hydrated.
How Embibe Helps You Prepare for CBSE Class 11 Examination?
Embibe helps students learn and practice CBSE Class 11 Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and Biology topics through interactive learning. Video tutorials, illustrations and short descriptions will further help in understanding the basics of every subject. Also, students must check the detailed NCERT Solutions for Class 11 for the respective subjects. The solutions provide a detailed explanation of every question so that students can perform better in their exams.
Students aspiring for Engineering must focus on Physics, Chemistry, and Maths as these subjects will have a major share in the competitive exams. On the other hand, medical aspirants must focus on Physics, Chemistry, and Biology to crack the national and state level exams. Embibe’s guide to the syllabus of Class 11 CBSE 2021-22 will surely help you strategise the preparation and scoring well in exams.
Embibe provides mock tests, practise questions, and chapter-wise tests covering the entire Syllabus of CBSE 11th 2021-22 (for PCMB subjects). These practice questions and mock tests will also help in competitive engineering and medical entrance exams, like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, NEET, BITSAT, etc. Make the best use of these resources and ace your final exams and entrance exams with flying colours.
FAQs Regarding CBSE 11th Syllabus 2021-22
The frequently asked questions regarding the CBSE syllabus for Class 11 and their answers are given below:
|Q1: Is there any change in CBSE Class 11 Syllabus?|
A. No, there is no reduction in the Class 11 syllabus this year. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown, the board had reduced the CBSE 11th syllabus by nearly 30% last year, in line with the Union HRD Minister.
|Q2: Is the syllabus of Class 11 related to the syllabus of Class 12 for the CBSE Board exam?|
A: No, 11th Class Syllabus questions will not be asked in CBSE Class 12. But the various concepts are interrelated.
|Q3: How do I prepare for CBSE Class 11?|
A: Some of the tips to study for CBSE Class 11 are:
(i) Make notes as it makes it easier to learn and revise the topics.
(ii) Create a separate list of important formulae and laws.
(iii) Prepare flow charts and diagrams for every topic and practice them.
(iv) Merely reading the summary of the topic will not help. The candidates should study the topics in detail.
(v) Practice the mock papers with Embibe and access them for free.
CBSE Class 11 Related Links
Here are some of the related links through which your can prepare effectively for your CBSE Class 11 exam:
|CBSE Class 11||Maths Formulas for Class 11|
|NCERT Books for Class 11||CBSE Class 11 Preparation Tips|
|CBSE Class 11 Sample Papers||NCERT Solutions for Class 11|
|CBSE Class 11 Top Reference Books||CBSE Class 11 Marking Scheme|
Students can get the complete syllabus of CBSE Class 11th from this article. Furthermore, please reach out to us using the comment box if you have any doubts or queries regarding the article.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for the latest news and updates on the CBSE Class 11 Syllabus 2021-22.1604 Views