CBSE Syllabus For Class 8 Social Science: CBSE Social Science includes three sections – History, Geography, and Civics. The CBSE syllabus for Class 8 History mainly deals with the history of Modern India, i.e. post the revolt of 1857. Having a good knowledge of History of India will help not only in your annual exam of Class 8 but also in various competitive exams for admission to top institutes as well as jobs, in the future.
Likewise, having knowledge of Geography with a focus on Indian Geography and Civics will also be immensely useful. CBSE syllabus for Class 8 Geography, basically, deals with the geography of India, and CBSE syllabus for Class 8 Civics deals with the social and political life in India.
In order to study and learn everything, students must have a clear knowledge of the CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Social Science, for all three sections. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information regarding CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Social Science. Read on to find out.
CBSE Syllabus For Class 8 Social Science
Let us first look into the list of chapters included in the CBSE Class 8 Syllabus for Social Science:
CBSE Syllabus For Class 8 Social Science: History
The CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 History is as under. The names of the chapters are listed here.
- Chapter 1: How, When and Where
- Chapter 2: From Trade to Territory: The Company Establishes Power
- Chapter 3: Ruling the Countryside
- Chapter 4: Tribals, Dikus and the Vision of a Golden Age
- Chapter 5: When People Rebel
- Chapter 6: Colonialism and the City
- Chapter 7: Weavers, Iron Smelters and Factory Owners
- Chapter 8: Civilising the “Native”, Educating the Nation
- Chapter 9: Women, Caste and Reform
- Chapter 10: The Changing World of Visual Arts
- Chapter 11: The Making of the National Movement: 1870s – 1947
- Chapter 12: India after Independence
CBSE Syllabus For Class 8 Social Science: Geography
The CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Geography is as under:
- Chapter 1: Resources
- Chapter 2: Land, Soil, Water, Natural Vegetation and Wildlife Resources
- Chapter 3: Mineral and Power Resources
- Chapter 4: Agriculture
- Chapter 5: Industries
- Chapter 6: Human Resources
CBSE Syllabus For Class 8 Social Science: Civics
The CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Civics is as under:
Unit One: The Indian Constitution and Secularism
- Chapter 1: The Indian Constitution
- Chapter 2: Understanding Secularism
Unit Two: Parliament and the Making of Laws
- Chapter 3: Why do we need a Parliament?
- Chapter 4: Understanding Laws
Unit Three: The Judiciary
- Chapter 5: Judiciary
- Chapter 6: Understanding Our Criminal Justice System
Unit Four: Social Justice and the Marginalised
- Chapter 7: Understanding Marginalisation
- Chapter 8: Confronting Marginalisation
Unit Five: Economic Presence of the Government
- Chapter 9: Public Facilities
- Chapter 10: Law and Social Justice
NCERT Books For Class 8 Social Science
The name of the NCERT books for Class 8 Social Science are as under:
- a. CBSE Class 8 Books For History: Our Pasts – III (Part 1 and Part 2)
- b. CBSE Class 8 Book For Geography: Resource and Development
- c. CBSE Class 8 Book For Civics: Social and Political Life – III
With this detailed knowledge of CBSE Class 8 Social Science syllabus, your preparation will now become easier.
Class 8, as mentioned above, should be taken seriously. All concepts and topics in the CBSE Class 8 Syllabus for all subjects must be thoroughly finished.
At Embibe, you can solve CBSE Class 8 practice questions and take CBSE Class 8 mock tests for Science and Maths. These will prepare you not only for your annual exams but also other competitive exams, like Olympiads. Make the best use of these resources.
We hope this detailed article on CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Social Science (History, Geography, and Civics) helps you. If you have any question, feel free to drop a comment. You can also ping us through our Live Chat Service where we are available from 10 am till 11 pm. We will be glad to help you out.