CBSE Syllabus For Class 8 Social Science 2021-22: CBSE Class 8 Social Science includes three sections – History, Geography, and Civics. CBSE Class 8 syllabus for Class 8 History mainly deals with the history of Modern India, i.e. post the revolt of 1857. Having a good knowledge of History of India will help not only in your annual exam of Class 8 but also in various competitive exams for admission to top institutes as well as jobs, in the future. You can also download the PDF format of CBSE Class 8 Social Science syllabus below.
Likewise, having knowledge of Geography with a focus on Indian Geography and Civics will also be immensely useful. CBSE syllabus for Class 8 Geography, basically, deals with the geography of India, and CBSE syllabus for Class 8 Civics deals with the social and political life in India.
In order to study and learn everything, students must have a clear knowledge of the CBSE Class 8 Social Science Syllabus for all three sections. You can download the CBSE syllabus for Class 8 Social Science in PDF format. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information regarding CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Social Science. Read on to find out.
CBSE Syllabus For Class 8 Social Science: Class 8 Social Science Syllabus 2021-22
Let us first look into the list of chapters included in the CBSE Class 8 Syllabus for Social Science:
CBSE Class 8 Social Science Syllabus: Class 8 History Syllabus
The CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 History is as under. The names of the chapters are listed here.
- Chapter 1: How, When and Where
- Chapter 2: From Trade to Territory: The Company Establishes Power
- Chapter 3: Ruling the Countryside
- Chapter 4: Tribals, Dikus and the Vision of a Golden Age
- Chapter 5: When People Rebel
- Chapter 6: Colonialism and the City
- Chapter 7: Weavers, Iron Smelters and Factory Owners
- Chapter 8: Civilising the “Native”, Educating the Nation
- Chapter 9: Women, Caste and Reform
- Chapter 10: The Changing World of Visual Arts
- Chapter 11: The Making of the National Movement: 1870s – 1947
- Chapter 12: India after Independence
CBSE Syllabus For Class 8 Social Science: Class 8 Geography Syllabus
The CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Geography is as under:
- Chapter 1: Resources
- Chapter 2: Land, Soil, Water, Natural Vegetation and Wildlife Resources
- Chapter 3: Mineral and Power Resources
- Chapter 4: Agriculture
- Chapter 5: Industries
- Chapter 6: Human Resources
CBSE Class 8 Social Science Syllabus: Civics
The CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Civics is as under:
Unit One: The Indian Constitution and Secularism
- Chapter 1: The Indian Constitution
- Chapter 2: Understanding Secularism
Unit Two: Parliament and the Making of Laws
- Chapter 3: Why do we need a Parliament?
- Chapter 4: Understanding Laws
Unit Three: The Judiciary
- Chapter 5: Judiciary
- Chapter 6: Understanding Our Criminal Justice System
Unit Four: Social Justice and the Marginalised
- Chapter 7: Understanding Marginalisation
- Chapter 8: Confronting Marginalisation
Unit Five: Economic Presence of the Government
- Chapter 9: Public Facilities
- Chapter 10: Law and Social Justice
Now you have a clear idea about CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Social Science for all three sections – History, Geography, and Civics. Finish the whole syllabus. As you will have to memorize and remember a lot of information, it is advised that you make notes as you study. Jot down the important points. You can also highlight important points in your NCERT textbooks of Class 8 History, Geography, and Civics. This will make it easier for you to revise.
NCERT Books For Class 8 Social Science
The name of the NCERT books for Class 8 Social Science are as under:
- a. CBSE Class 8 Books For History: Our Pasts – III (Part 1 and Part 2)
- b. CBSE Class 8 Book For Geography: Resource and Development
- c. CBSE Class 8 Book For Civics: Social and Political Life – III
SSt Syllabus Class 8: FAQs On CBSE Class 8 Social Science Syllabus 2020-21
Here are some of the frequently asked questions on Class 8 Social Studies syllabus and their answers:
Q: How many books are there for CBSE Class 8 Social Studies?
A: There are three books for CBSE Class 8 Social Studies – for History, Geography, and Civics.
Q: Are the NCERT Social Studies books enough for CBSE Class 8?
A: Yes, for CBSE Class 8 Social Studies, the NCERT books are enough. Make sure you finish them thoroughly.
Q: From where can I download NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Social Studies?
A: Stay tuned to embibe.com. Embibe will upload the NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Social Science soon.
With this detailed knowledge of the Class 8 Social Science syllabus, your preparation will now become easier.
Class 8, as mentioned above, should be taken seriously. All concepts and topics in the CBSE Class 8 Syllabus for all subjects must be thoroughly finished. Moreover, to refer to the syllabus online, you can download CBSE Class 8 Syllabus for Social Science in PDF format.
At Embibe, you can solve Class 8 practice questions and take Class 8 mock tests for Science and Maths. These will prepare you not only for your annual exams but also for other competitive exams, like Olympiads. Make the best use of these resources.
We hope this detailed article on CBSE Syllabus for Class 8 Social Science (History, Geography, and Civics) helps you. If you have any question, feel free to drop a comment. You can also ping us through our Live Chat Service where we are available from 10 am till 11 pm. We will be glad to help you out.2 Views