CENTAC 2021: Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC) organizes the annual counselling for admissions into various medical and engineering courses. Btech application form and other UG courses will be released on the official website, and the dates are yet to be notified. The purpose of CENTAC 2021 is to provide admissions into various government-controlled institutions. The Government of Puducherry organizes the counselling process based on the merit list made for Class XII students. The CENTAC 2021 application form can be submitted on the official website centacpondy.in.
Candidates of Puducherry and Tamil Nadu will be shortlisted as per their score of class XII. At the same time, candidates of other states will be shortlisted as per their JEE Main 2021 score. A merit list is then released by CENTAC authorities which can be accessed by the students. As per the same, candidates will be shortlisted for the further counselling process. Once selected, candidates will have to report to their particular institutes for the admission.
CENTAC 2021: Overview
|Name of the Exam||Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC 2020) Counselling|
|Controlling Body||Govt of Puducherry|
|Registration Process||To Be Notified|
|Merit List||To Be Notified|
|Allotment Process||To Be Notified|
CENTAC 2021 Eligibility
The CENTAC 2021 is the gateway to entering different medical and engineering institutes to pursue the desired career. Before applying, candidates should be aware of the eligibility criteria of the same.
Educational Qualification: Candidates of Puducherry and Tamil Nadu must have the equivalent qualification criteria with at least a 45% score in class XII.
Qualification criteria: Candidates of Puducherry and Tamil Nadu will be shortlisted as per the merit list. However, the candidates from other states will be shortlisted based on their ranks in JEE Mains 2021.
Age: A candidate should be 21 years by July 01, 2021. At the same time, SC candidates will get a relaxation of 3 years for the same.
Domicile: Domicile criteria have various conditions that vary as per the situation of the candidates. Here we are providing you with the same in detail.
- The candidates or the parents of the candidates must be a citizen of Puducherry for at least the last 5 years.
- Candidates who have studied their 5 successive classes preceding the qualifying examination are eligible.
- Predecessors of natives who have the certificate issued by Heads of offices proving any area of Puducherry as their home are eligible.
- Candidates whose parents are serving the central government, defense, security forces, etc for at least 3 years in Puducherry are eligible.
- Children of Defense martyrs or the defense personnel with a physical disability and living in Puducherry by considering it as home are eligible.
- French nationals are eligible if they fall under the treaty of cession terms.
How To Apply For CENTAC 2021?
CENTAC application form is not yet released. CENTAC 2021 Application form will be released on the official website only. Candidates can follow the steps mentioned to fill the application form. The application process is divided into two parts. The first part is registering yourself, and the second part is filling the application form.
How To Register For CENTAC 2021?
- – 1st Step – Visit the website of CENTAC – centacpuducherry.in
- – 2nd Step – Click on the link titled “Apply Online“.
- – 3rd Step – Click on “Register” and start with filling the details required.
- – 4th Step – Fill the details like “Candidate’s name, DOB, HSC Register number, E-mail, password, contact info, and the Captcha code”.
- – 5th Step – Once done, click “Register” to submit the details.
- – 6th Step – Now click on the “Verification” link sent to you via email.
How To Fill CENTAC Online Form?
- – 1st Step – Visit the official website – centacpuducherry.in.
- – 2nd Step – Click the link titled “Apply Online“.
- – 3rd Step – Click “Login” to access the application form.
- – 4th Step – Enter your registered “e-mail or mobile number, password, and captcha code”.
- – 5th Step – The first-page Online entry page will require details like “HSC Number, state, Community, fee amount” etc.
- – 6th Step – Now tick mark the line mentioning the acceptance of terms and conditions.
- – 7th Step – Click on “Proceed” to submit the details.
- – 8th Step – Now click on “Choose the preferred courses” from the list visible on the next page.
- – 9th Step – Fill the details like personal, communication, educational, caste, etc in the application form.
- – 10th Step – Click “Next“, once you’re done.
- – 11th Step – Go through the “list of the courses” again and “add or remove” as per your preferences.
- – 12th Step – Once done, “change the preferences” of the courses by moving them up and down.
- – 13th Step – After submitting the application form, click on the Download button to download the PDF format.
Details Required To Fill CENTAC Form
As you know that the CENTAC 2020 form can be filled online, you should be aware of the details required for the same.
- Name of the candidate
- Parent/ Guardian’s Name
- Parent’s Employment details
- Parent’s Annual Income
- Communication Address
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- Region and Equivalent Certificate
- Christian certificate and details (if applicable)
- Community Details
- Telugu Certificate (If applicable)
- Special Allocation
- Community certificate
- Residence certificate
- School details and SSLC Certificates
- Class 12th details and certificates
- Details of Subjects and Marks/ Grades
- NEET/ JEE Mains details (If applicable)
CENTAC 2021 Application Fee
The CENTAC application fee can be submitted through online methods like Net Banking/ Credit Card and Debit Card. The below-given fee is for 2020 will updates the amount if any changes are made in 2021.
|SC/ ST||INR 500/-|
CENTAC 2021 Reservation Criteria
CENTAC 2021 process follows the reservation procedure as per the category or background of the candidates. Here we include the list of the reservations as per the official notification.
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||11%|
|Backward Classes Muslims (BCM)||2%|
|Most Backward Classes (MBC)||18%|
|Extreme Backward Classes (EBC)||2%|
|Backward Tribes (BT)||1%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16%|
|Children/ Grand Children of Freedom Fighter (FF)||4%|
|Person With Disabilities||5%|
|Wards of Ex-Servicemen (EX)||1% and 3%|
|The candidates who are meritorious in sports (SP)||1%|
What Is The Mode Of Selection For CENTAC 2021?
The final selection of candidates is made through a merit list. This merit list is prepared based on marks scored by the candidates in Class 12th. The merit list is released in the form of a Pdf containing the names of selected candidates eligible for counselling.
CENTAC Counselling Process
The counselling process is held for all the candidates that qualify the minimum eligibility criteria and whose names are on the merit list. Here the candidates are requested to lock their seats as per their choice of course and stream. The counselling is conducted in various rounds depending on the seat availability and number of applicants. However, if any seats are still left after counselling, they are converted into management quota and are up for direct admission.
Frequently Asked Question On CENTAC 2021
Below we have arranged the FAQs that candidates often look for:
A: The application process is expected to begin shortly. You can check this article for details.
A: All candidates must fill the application form and pay the application fee on the official website. To check the detailed steps read this article.
A: Usually, 2 rounds of counselling are conducted; however, it can be extended if the numbers of seats are more.
A: It is a Centralised Admission Committee in Puducherry responsible for admission to various UG and PG courses in government colleges in Puducherry.
A: Yes, sending a hard copy of the filled application form is mandatory.
We hope that our article on CENTAC 2021 was useful for you. If you have any queries or feedback to share with us, please feel free to drop a comment below. We will get back to you within a short time.1453 Views