CMAT Selection Procedure 2021: The participating institutes define the 4 stages of CMAT 2021 Selection Procedure for candidates who qualify CMAT entrance exam (22/27 February 2021). The PGDM/MBA course selection is organised by the participating institute and each B-School has its own unique selection process. NTA is the apex body that will conduct CMAT 2021 exam and is also responsible for guiding the participating colleges in framing the selection procedure. The selection process starts after the declaration of the CMAT Result.
It basically consists of four stages that are CMAT exam, CMAT result, shortlisting on the basis of CMAT individual scores with percentile and the final admission process. This article includes step-wise information about the 4 stages of CMAT 2021 Selection Procedure so that the candidates find no difficulty in understanding their admission process.
CMAT Selection Procedure 2021: 4 Stages Of CMAT 2021 Selection
CMAT Selection Procedure includes four (4) major stages. These have been listed below and have been explained in details later in this article:
- 1) Taking CMAT 2021 on 22/27 February 2021.
- 2) Checking your Percentile/Result and Scorecard
- 3) Shortlisting of candidates for attending the interview (GD/PI) at B-school/University of their choice
- 4) GD-PI and other rounds at institute and colleges/course admission.
Important Points About CMAT 2021
The paper pattern of CMAT exam 2021 is mentioned in the below table. It will help candidates to know insights of CMAT exam:
CMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
|CMAT Exam 2021||22/27 February 2021|
|Conducting Authority||NTA or National Testing Agency|
|Number Of Questions||100|
|Time Duration||3 hours|
Shift-1: 9 AM to 12 PM
Shift-2: 3 PM to 6 PM
|Type Of Questions||MCQs or objective Type questions|
|Mode Of Exam||Online Computer Based exam|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for every right answer and -1 for every wrong answer|
Section-wise Distribution Of Questions and Marks
CMAT 2021 will have 4 sections just like 2020. Below we have tabulated the total questions and marks per section. These sections will also be valid for WAT (Written Ability Test) round so prepare for them well:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Section-wise maximum marks|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25||100|
First Step Of CMAT Selection Procedure 2021: CMAT Exam (January 2021)
The 1st stage of the selection procedure is taking CMAT 2021. NTA will be conducting the test on 22/27 February 2021:
- i) The exam mode of CMAT 2021 is computer-based.
- ii) There will be one session of three hours duration.
- iii) Certain modifications in the test pattern of CMAT 2021 are expected due to COVID-19.
Second Step Of CMAT Selection Procedure 2021: Result Announcement (February 2021)
- a) After the CMAT exam, the CMAT 2021 Merit List, Result and Scorecard will be announced.
- b) The result of CMAT 2021 will be available in March 2021.
- c) CMAT selection process 2021 will be based on the rank of the candidates in the national merit list which will depend upon their overall score.
- d) CMAT scorecard consists of overall raw score, sectional raw score, overall percentile score and sectional percentile score.
Third Step Of CMAT Selection Procedure 2021: Short-listing for admission
- A) Third phase of CMAT selection procedure 2021 is the shortlisting of the candidates for final admission which is done on the basis of CMAT score provided by the B-school or university where you apply for MBA admission.
- B) The procedure of selection will begin in the first week of March 2021 and may extend until last week of May.
- C) The candidates will be shortlisted by the participating MBA/PGDM colleges on the grounds of CMAT exam score 2021 according to the admission policy.
- D) The section-wise and overall cut off in CMAT exam 2021 will be given by the business school during the process of shortlisting.
- E) Those who do not obtain minimum prescribed percentile in CMAT exam 2021 won’t be shortlisted for the final admission process.
Fourth Step Of CMAT Selection Procedure 2021: GD-PI and final CMAT admission 2021
- *) There is a CAP or Centralized Admission Process for the candidates who wish to get admission at an MBA College through CMAT test scores.
- *) Various business schools or universities organize their GD and PI processes separately and then choose the candidates for the MBA program.
- *) The grounds on which CMAT selection procedure 2021 depends include CMAT test score, work experience, academic performance and score in GD-PI round.
- *) Once the GD-PI-WAT round is completed, the business schools will start their final admission process, fee submission in April or May 2021.
CMAT Interview, Group Discussion, Written Test Rounds
The Personal Interview (PI), Group Discussion (GD), and Written Test rounds are conducted by the institute for which you have applied and have no relation with NTA. These rounds can be taken in any order as per institute preference. Once all of the 3 rounds are complete an overall score is given to the candidate and those who qualify the minimum cutoff are offered admission.
It is to be noted that the selection criteria and marks for admission to a particular MBA/PGDM program – HR, Finance, Marketing, Foreign Trade, Operations Management, Consulting, Securities, etc vary. IF you have qualified for a particular college doesn’t mean your admission to the program of your choice is guaranteed. You must fulfil the conditions and clear the cutoff marks set for that particular program.
Other Must Read CMAT Articles
|CMAT Important Dates||CMAT Admit Card|
|CMAT Test||CMAT Registration|
|CMAT Question Paper||CMAT Cutoff|
FAQs On CMAT Selection Process
Here are some faqs that will clear any further doubts:
|Q. What is the validity of CMAT score for selection to MBA colleges? |
A. The score is valid for 1 year only.
|Q. What can I do after CMAT exam? |
A. After your exam is over and the result is out you can apply to 1000+ CMAT participating colleges. We have provided a list at the bottom for top CMAT colleges you can go through it and apply.
|Q. When do the CMAT admission rounds start?|
A. The selection rounds will begin soon after the declaration of results.
|Q. Do I have to fill a different application form for each college? |
A. Yes, each college holds its own admission process and candidates must apply for the same separately.
Stay tuned to embibe.com to catch all the updates about CMAT Selection Procedure.491 Views