CUSAT CAT 2021 Registration has begun from 10th March. The last date to apply for CUSAT 2021 is 31st March. The Cochin University of Science and Technology will be conducting CUSAT CAT 2021 exam on 12th, 13th, and 14th June. CUSAT CAT Admit Card will be released on 25th May 2021. A detailed CUSAT CAT Notification has been released now. In order to appear for CUSAT Exam, candidates should have completed 10+2 years of education with required science subjects.
The Cochin University of Science and Technology will conduct a Common Admission Test for candidates who wish to land a seat in the desired B.Tech course. Cochin University of Science and Technology offers admission in 11 B.Tech courses. For admission in any of these courses, candidates have to appear in CUSAT CAT Exam. Read the complete article to know more about the CUSAT CAT application form, eligibility criteria, important dates, admit card and much more.
CUSAT CAT 2021: Overview
|Exam Name||Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test|
|Commonly Known as||CUSAT CAT|
|Conducting Body||Cochin University of Science and Technology|
|Exam Level||University Level Examination|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Language of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Total Number of Questions||250|
CUSAT 2021 Exam Dates
The official dates of CUSAT CAT 2021 Exam have been released on the official website of Cochin University of Science and Technology. Candidates can visit the official website and check the dates announced. Below is the table for candidates’ references:
|Availability of Application Form||10th March 2021|
|Last date to fill Application Form (Without Late Fee)||31st March 2021|
|Last date to fill Application Form (With Late Fee)||7th April 2021|
|Remittance Fee (Online Only)||10th March to 8th April 2021|
|CUSAT CAT Admit Card availability||25th May 2021|
|Last Date to download Admit Card||14th June 2021|
|CUSAT CAT Exam||12th, 13th, and 14th June 2021 (Announced)|
|Declaration of CUSAT CAT Result||To be notified|
|CUSAT CAT Counselling||To be notified|
B.Tech Courses Offered By Cochin University Of Science And Technology
There are 11 courses offered by Cochin University of Science and Technology. Here is a list of courses offered:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Safety and Fire Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Ship Building Engineering
- Polymer Science and Engineering
- Instrumentation Technology
CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria
Cochin University of Science and Technology has a set eligibility pattern for candidates who wish to take CUSAT CAT Exam. Given below is the broad eligibility criteria for CUSAT CAT.
- Candidates must have passed the 10+2 Examination of the state of Kerala or any other examination accepted equivalent.
- The minimum marks scored in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as optional subject should be 50%.
- There should be 50% minimum marks scored in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.
- Candidates belonging to the Kerala Scheduled Caste (KSC) and Kerala Scheduled Tribe (KST) communities are also eligible to apply if they have the minimum pass marks in the qualifying examination.
- SEBC candidates of Kerala State belonging to the non-creamy layer category are eligible for 5% relaxation in the minimum marks required to qualify the eligibility criterion.
How To Apply For CUSAT 2021 Exam?
The application form of CUSAT CAT will be available soon. CUSAT CAT application form will be made available on the official website of Cochin University of Science and Technology. Read below to know the detailed process of filling the CUSAT CAT 2021 application form:
- Visit the official website of Cochin University of Science and Technology.
- Click on New Candidate Registration.
- Submit details asked on the screen.
- After submitting details, an activation link will be sent to the email address provided by the candidate.
- On clicking the activation link, user account will get activated.
- The user name of the candidate will be his/her email address.
- Passwords must have at least 8 characters and contain at least one Capital Letter, one number and one special character.
Personal Details and Reservation
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Click on ‘Start Registration.’
- Fill in the personal details required in the form.
- In case of any doubt read the prospectus once again.
- If the candidate wishes to claim any special reservation, then he/she must have selected in the left list box and moved to the right box using the ‘select’ button.
- For Keralite status-related information, refer relevant clause of the prospectus.
- For details regarding the NRI status, refer to the relevant clause.
- For any information regarding Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries (CGW), refer to the relevant clause.
- Special reservations need not be available for all courses. Details of special reservations available for each course will be specified in the prospectus.
Photo and Signature
- Candidate need to upload a recent passport size photograph with a face clearly visible in portrait orientation.
- The maximum size of photograph accepted is 500kb. The dimensions of the photo should be 150px x 180px.
- Upload a scanned image of signature, in landscape orientation, with maximum size of 100kb. The dimensions should be 130px x 57px. The image format can be .png, .jpg, .jpeg.
- Candidates need to select the program from the drop-down list.
- Aspirants are required to select the qualification he/she is acquiring or already acquired.
- On the basis of qualification selected, the list of programmes available in the University will be listed. The candidate should add the course(s), he/she wishes and then click the ‘confirm courses’ button.
- After confirming courses, the details of Test subjects will be displayed. If multiple test options are available, the candidate needs to select appropriate one from the options displayed, based on the candidates qualification. Then click the ‘Confirm Tests’ button.
- After submitting the course details, a short preview will be available.
- Candidate should check the details mentioned.
- In case of any change, go to the required page and save the changes.
- After confirming the preview, editing will not be allowed in future.
- After confirming the preview, the candidate needs to move forward with the payment.
- Payment can be made through credit card/debit card/ net banking.
- Fees for general category is rupees 1000 while candidates from reserved category have to pay 500 rupees.
- After completing the payment process, the list of available exam centres will be displayed on the screen.
- The candidate should select their nearest exam centre from the list provided.
- After centre selection, a final preview will be displayed and candidate can go to his/her home page and wait for the University to confirm.
- It may take at least two working days.
- After the approval from the University, the candidate can download the confirmation page from the candidate’s home page.
- The status of the candidate can be seen on candidate’s home page.
List of CUSAT CAT Exam Cities
CUSAT will include various centres in India and one test centre abroad in Dubai. Here is a list of exam centres for the candidate’s reference.
- New Delhi
- Adoor (Pathanamthitta)
- Thodupuzha (Idukki)
- Kalpetta (Wayanad)
CUSAT 2021 Admit Card
The admit card is one of the most important documents for taking any examination. The CUSAT CAT 2020 admit card will be available from 25th May to 14th June 2021 on the official website of Cochin University of Science and Technology:
How to download CUSAT CAT Hall Ticket?
Here are some steps which a candidate can follow to download admit card of CUSAT CAT:
- Visit the official website of Cochin University of Science and Technology
- Login via registered email id and password
- After logging in, click on the admit card tab
- The admit card will appear on the screen
- Candidate should check the details mentioned on the screen
- Download the admit card and get a print out of the same
- Keep the hard copy of Hall ticket safe for future use
Details Mentioned On CUSAT CAT Admit Card
Here are the details which will be mentioned on the admit card:
- Candidate’s name
- CUSAT CAT Application Number
- Course applied
- CUSAT CAT Admit Card number
- Exam Date
- Time of exam
- Duration of CUSAT CAT exam
- Venue of the exam
CUSAT CAT Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern of CUSAT CAT 2020 before applying for the exam. The CUSAT CAT exam pattern includes the number of questions, types of questions and the total marks of the exam. Read the table below to know more about the exam pattern:
|Mode of the exam||Computer Based Test|
|Types of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total number of questions||250|
CUSAT CAT Section-wise Division
|Subject||Number of questions|
- A separate minimum score of 10 marks in each of the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is compulsory for being qualified to be included in the rank list.
- This requirement of minimum marks will not be applicable to candidates belonging to Kerala Scheduled Caste and Kerala Scheduled Tribe communities.
- For every correct answer, the candidate will be awarded +3 marks
- For every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- The score will be calculated as per this given formula: S= 3R-1W, S refers to the CAT score, R refers to the total right questions and w refers to the total wrong answers.
CUSAT CAT Syllabus
The syllabus of CUSAT CAT 2020 has not been released on the official website yet. As per last year trend, the topics for the exam are as per 10+2 level. CUSAT CAT 2020 syllabus contains topics from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) which will be covered in the test.
CUSAT CAT Result
After the successful commencement of CUSAT CAT, candidates need to wait for the announcement of result. The result of CUSAT 2021 will be announced on the official website of Cochin University of Science and Technology.
How to Download CUSAT CAT Result?
Here are some steps which a candidate can follow in order to download scorecard of CUSAT CAT:
- Visit the Official website of Cochin University of Science and Technology
- Tap the result link
- Enter the Email-ID and password
- Download the result and get a printout of the same
CUSAT CAT Cutoff
After the declaration of CUSAT CAT result, it will be time for cutoff. The CUSAT CAT cutoff is the minimum marks required for any candidate to appear in the counselling process. The cutoff for CUSAT CAT will be released a few days after the declaration of result. CUSAT cutoff is the opening and closing rank within which admission will be given to candidates.
CUSAT CAT Counselling
The university will conduct CUSAT CAT counselling in online mode. Candidates who qualify the entrance examination can participate in counselling. A separate notification will be released after the result announcement mentioning the CUSAT CAT 2021 counselling procedure and schedule. The seat allotment will be done through a centralised online counselling based on the marks of CUSAT CAT.
FAQs On CUSAT CAT 2021
Below are the frequently asked questions on CUSAT CAT 2021:
|Q1: How can a candidate contact the admission authority of Cochin University of Science and Technology? |
A1: Candidates can contact via phone number and the email-id given below:
Phone number: +9148425777100
|Q2: What is the mode of CUSAT CAT?|
A2: The exam of CAT by CUSAT will be conducted via online mode.
|Q3: What is the duration of CUSAT 2021 CAT?|
A3: CAT by CUSAT will be conducted for 3 hours.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for the latest news and updates on CUSAT CAT 20211455 Views