CUSAT CAT Exam Pattern 2020 – The exam pattern of CUSAT CAT 2020 has been set by the Cochin University of Science and Technology. CUSAT CAT 2020 exam pattern is essential for candidates who wish to clear the entrance exam with flying colours. The information about the CUSAT CAT exam pattern 2020 helps in preparing in a planned way for the exam. The question paper of CUSAT CAT consists of three sections. Candidates have to answer 250 questions in three hours. The three sections of CUSAT CAT are Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Read the complete article below to know more about the detailed exam pattern and also the syllabus of CUSAT CAT 2020.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Aspirants can check the exam pattern of CUSAT CAT 2020 before applying for the exam. The exam pattern comprises the number of questions, types of questions and the total marks of the exam. Read the table below to understand further about the pattern of CUSAT CAT 2020.
Overview of CUSAT CAT Exam Pattern
|Mode of the exam||Computer Based Test|
|Types of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total number of questions||250|
CUSAT CAT Section-wise Division
|Subject||Number of questions|
- A separate minimum score of 10 marks in each of the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is compulsory for being qualified to be included in the rank list.
- This requirement of minimum marks will not be applicable on candidates belonging to Kerala Scheduled Caste and Kerala Scheduled Tribe communities
CUSAT CAT 2020 Marking Scheme
For every correct answer, the candidate will be awarded +3 marks and for every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted. The candidate will be marked zero for unanswered questions.
- The marks of mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in the CUSAT CAT will be considered in the same order.
- If the tie continues, the total number of correct answers of Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the CUSAT CAT will be considered in the same order.
- If the tie continues after applying the above two conditions, dates of candidates in descending order will be considered.
- If the tie continues, the names of the candidates in alphabetical order will be considered.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of Common Admission Test conducted by Cochin University of Science and Technology is divided into 3 sections: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The CUSAT CAT syllabus is based on class 11 and 12 syllabus of higher secondary courses.
Preparation Tips for CUSAT CAT 2020
A candidate needs disciplined to be followed in order to prepare well and perform well in the exam. To give the best of his/her shot, a candidate must follow these basic steps:
- Candidate should get familiar with the syllabus and exam pattern of CUSAT CAT 2020
- This helps in planning only selected topics
- Preparing a timetable benefit in tracing the progress
- Arrange or buy the most helpful books for clearing the CUSAT CAT
- Outline the study agenda accordingly
- Practice sample papers, last year question paper (if available online)
- Include small breaks in your study plan
- Find your faults and strengths
- Pay more attention to your faults and don’t forget to practice your strengths
- Take proper rest and sleep at regular time
- Eat healthy and avoid junk food
Stay tuned to embibe.com for the latest news and updates on the CUSAT CAT Exam Pattern 2020.