DCET 2020 – Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) will organize DCET exam in the third week of July 2020 for the candidates who wish to take admission to first year Architecture courses under lateral entry and second year engineering courses. DCET 2020 is offline and pen-paper based entrance exam. The candidates can download the application form online which is available from the third week of May 2020. Before applying for DCET 2020 admission, the candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria set by the authority.
The admit card will be issued by the authority online and the candidates must bring the hard copy of the same while appearing for entrance test which will take place in the third week of July 2020. The authority will declare the result of DCET 2020 on its website and the candidates can see the same in the form of merit list. The score attained by the applicants in DCET 2020 exam will be considered by the authority while preparing the merit list. The counselling will be conducted on the grounds of the candidates’ rank and score in DCET. Read the full article to know more about Diploma Common Entrance Test (DCET) 2020.
DCET 2020 – Overview
|Name of exam||Diploma Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly called as||DCET|
|Exam conducting body||Karnataka Examination Authority|
|Level of exam||State Level|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Purpose of exam||Admission to the second year engineering courses and first year Architecture courses under lateral entry|
DCET 2020 Important Dates
The candidates, who apply for DCET exam will have to know about the schedule of the events like application form release, admit card issuance, merit list release, result, counselling etc. The details of the events and dates related to DCET 2020 are as under:
Events calendar for DCET 2020
|Availability of application form||Third week of May 2020|
|End date to submit the application form||Third week of June 2020|
|Deadline to pay the fee amount||Third week of June 2020|
|Issuance of Admit Card||Last week of June 2020|
|DCET 2020 exam||Third week of July 2020|
DCET Eligibility Criteria 2020
The candidates must read the eligibility requirements set by KEA to apply for DCET exam. Those who fail to fulfill any of the below given eligibility criteria will not be able to fill the application form:
Course-wise Eligibility Criteria for DCET 2020
For B.E. programmes (Day Engineering Institutions)
The aspirants must have cleared diploma or other equivalent exam from a reputed institution with at least 45% marks in semester fifth and sixth. Those who belong to reserved category must attain at least 40% marks.
For B.E. Courses (Evening Engineering Institutions)
The aspirants must have cleared diploma or equivalent exam from a reputed institution with at least 45% marks in semester fifth and sixth and for reserved category candidates, it is 40%. Also, the applicants must possess relevant experience of two years as on September 1, 2020.
For B.Arch First Year (Day Engineering College)
The aspirants must have cleared diploma or other equivalent exam from a reputed institute with minimum aggregate marks of 50% in all final year subjects and must also possess 40% score in NATA 2020.
DCET Application Form 2020
The application form for DCET 2020 will be released online and the applicants who are eligible to apply for the same must complete two phases of application process. The candidates must fill and submit the application form online and pay the fee to get the admit card which is the mandatory document to appear for the entrance exam. The steps to fill the application for in two phases are as under:
Steps to fill DCET Application Form 2020 (Phase 1)
- The candidates must go to the official web portal of the authority and tap on “DCET-2020 UG Online Application”
- The candidates need to tap on the link “New User? Click Here to Register ” and provide certain details like name, email address, contact number, gender etc to complete the registration process. Once the applicants is registered online, he or she will get user id and application number as login credentials on their email id and mobile number
- The applicants need to login with user id and application number to access the application form for DCET 2020
- The details like personal, academic, communication etc must be properly filly in the application form without any discrepancy. After this, the applicants must hit the save tab
- Once the application form is filled completely, the candidates need to upload the documents like signature, photograph and left hand thumb impression as per the format specified by the authority
Steps to fill DCET Application Form 2020 (Phase 2)
- In Phase 2 of DCET application form, the applicants need to go through the declaration and read the same thoroughly and tap on submit tab
- Once the declaration is read and selected, the candidates will get an application number and password on their registered mobile number and email as login credentials
- The applicants need to take the hard copy of the challan for application fee payment. They can visit any of the branches of designated bank and proceed to pay the fee amount
- Once the fee payment is done, the candidates need to take the hard copy of the completely filled application form and paste their latest photograph and put signature and thumb impression in the given space.
- The seal and signature of the college authority where the candidates have completed their Diploma is required in the application form
- The candidates must carry the hard copy of DCET 2020 application form and challan copy at the time of document verification process
Application Fee Details
The details of DCET application fee are mentioned below:
Category wise application fee
|General and OBC (belong to the state of Karnataka)||Rs 650|
|SC or ST category (Karnataka origin)||Rs 500|
DCET Admit Card 2020
DCET 2020 admit card will be issued by the authorities and the candidates can get the access of the same through online mode. DCET admit card is the mandatory document that the candidates must bring while appearing for the exam. The details mentioned in the admit card include name of the applicant, roll number, test venue, test date and timing and some important exam related instructions. The applicants must go through the below given steps to download the admit card:
- Go to the official website of the authority
- Tap on the link for admit card
- Mention the login details
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Download the hall ticket and take the hard copy
- The candidates must retain the print out of the admit card for further use during counselling and seat allotment
DCET Exam Centres 2020
The entrance exam will take place at various test centres across the state of Karnataka. The applicants need to make the choice of test centes as per their preferences during application form filling process of DCET 2020. The below given table consists of the list if exam cities for DCET:
List of DCET Test Cities
DCET Exam Pattern 2020
All the candidates who are appearing for DCET 2020 exam must know about the pattern of the test as decided by the concerned authorities. With the help of DCET 2020 exam pattern, the applicants will get the idea of marking scheme, type and number of questions, level of exam, mode of exam etc. The details exam pattern are mentioned below in table:
Exam Pattern of DCET 2020
|Mode of exam||Offline or pen and paper based|
|Exam duration||3 hours|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice or Objective type|
|Total number of questions||180|
|Total sections and marks||Applied Mathematics: 40 marks|
Engineering Papers: 100 marks
Applied Science: 40 Marks
|Marking scheme||One marks is given to the candidates for every right answer and no negative marking is there in the entrance test|
DCET Syllabus 2020
The candidates must also be aware of the syllabus related to DCET 2020. It contains the topics from the subjects like Applied Mathematics, Applied Science and Engineering. The syllabus of Applied Science and Applied Mathematics is for all the candidates while the syllabus of engineering subject is for those who choose the relevant course or programme. The below given table contains DCET 2020 syllabus for Applied Science and Applied Mathematics.
Syllabus for Applied Science and Applied Mathematics
- Wave Motion
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Modern Physics
- Industrial Chemistry
- Heat and Properties of Gases
- Applications of Differentiation
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Definite Integrals
- Differential Equations
- Integral Calculus
- Introduction to Calculus
- Linear Algebra
DCET Answer Key 2020
DCET 2020 answer key will be published by the authorities once the entrance exam is over. To download the answer key, the applicants need to visit the web portal of the authority and enter their login credentials. The candidates can compare their answers with that given in the key and calculate their tentative marks. They can also raise the objections to the authority in case of any discrepancy in the answer key. Note that the authority will provide a certain time within which the candidates can challenge the answer key.
DCET Result 2020
DCET 2020 result will be announced by the authority on its website in the last week of June 2020. To check the result, the candidates must provide their login details. The result consists of the section wise marks and total score attained by the applicants in DCET exam. The candidates must follow the below given steps to check DCET result online:
- Go to the official web portal of the authority
- Tap on link for DCET 2020 result
- Login with application number and password
- The result will appear on the screen
- The candidates must download the same and take the print out for further use
DCET Merit List 2020
The merit list of DCET 2020 will be published by the authorities online once the result is announced officially. There will be separate rank list for B.E and B.Arch programmes. The authority will prepare the merit list on the grounds of the score obtained by the applicants in DCET 2020 entrance exam. Only those candidates will get selected for DCET counselling who find their names in the rank list.
DCET Counselling 2020
All the applicants who are selected as per their rank in DCET merit list will be invited to take part in counselling process. The candidates need to appear at the given venue for verification of documents, filling the choices and seat allotment. The steps in involved in DCET 2020 counselling process are as under:
- The selected candidates need to carry the necessary documents and visit the venue of counselling as per the given date and time.
- Once the documents are verified by the authority, the candidates need to go to the web portal and tap on “Diploma CET-2020 –OPTION ENTRY”. Here the participants must provide their preferences of programme and college before deadline. Once the window is closed, the candidates cannot modify their choices.
- The seats will be allotted to the candidates on the grounds of their rank in the merit list, choices given by them and seat availability. After seat allotment, the applicants need to report at the given college and make the payment of the admission fee. The next round of counselling will take place for vacant seats
Necessary documents for verification
The applicants must bring below given documents for verification during DCET counselling:
- Two latest passport size photographs
- Study Certificate of the applicant
- Rural Study Certificate for those who come under rural category
- Mark sheet of Diploma or other equivalent exam
- Mark sheet of class 10th or other equivalent exam
- Kannada Medium Study Certificate for those who have Kannada Medium quota
- Income certificates (if required)
- Hard copy of completely filled DCET 2020 Application Form
- Diploma scorecard of all semesters
- Challan copy
- Caste Certificate (if required)
- Admit card of DCET 2020
DCET 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions or FAQs
Question: Can I apply for DCET 2020 exam through offline mode?
Answer: No, DCET 2020 application process is online only.
Question: What is the mode of DCET 2020 exam?
Answer: The entrance test of DCET 2020 will be held in offline or pen and paper mode.
Question: Is there any age criteria for the candidates to apply for DCET 2020?
Answer: No age criteria is prescribed by the authority for DCET.
Question: What are the factors that are considered during DCET seat allotment process?
Answer: DCET seat allotment will depend upon marks attained in entrance exam, rank in merit list, preferences given by the applicants and seat availability.
Question: Is it mandatory to bring identity proof along with admit card during DCET 2020 exam?
Answer: Yes, the candidates need to carry DCET admit card and one valid identity proof while appearing for the exam.
Question: What is the mode of application fee for DCET 2020?
Answer: The application fee for DCET 2020 must be paid by the candidates through bank challan
Question: What if I forget to bring certain documents during DCET counselling process?
Answer: As the authority prescribes some necessary documents that the candidates must carry during DCET counselling round, the admission will get cancelled in case the candidates fail to bring the same.
We hope that this information on DCET 2020 has helped you. If you have any queries then you can ask us and we will answer you. Use the comment section below for any queries and comments.
Stay tuned to embibe.com to get the latest news and updates on DCET 2020674 Views