Delhi Police Recruitment 2019: Delhi Police is conducting the recruitment process for 554 Head Constable posts as announced by the Delhi Police. The Delhi Police Online Registration process for Head Constable begins today, 14th October and the last date to apply is 13th November 2019. Both males and females who satisfy the Delhi Police eligibility criteria can apply for the exam. The Delhi Police recruitment for Head constable post comprises an online exam i.e, Computer-based test. Click Here to Apply Now!
Delhi Police Head Constable Selection will be done on the basis of a Computer Based Exam consisting of 100 questions each carrying 1 mark followed by Physical Endurance Test and Physical Measurement Test. The selection for constable post will be done by the Recruitment board of Delhi Police. Candidates from all parts of the country are invited to apply for the exam as the board plans to widen the base of Delhi Police recruitment and make it Delhi Metropolitan Police force. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information for the Delhi Police Constable exam such as important dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, application form, and exam schedule.
Delhi Police Recruitment 2019 for Head Constable
According to the latest Delhi Police official notification, we bring you some highlights of the exam before going forward with the Delhi Police Recruitment. Check Official Notification for Delhi Police Recruitment Here:
|Recruitment name||Delhi Police Head Constable Recruitment 2019|
|Recruiting body||Delhi Police|
|Post||Head Constable (Both Male and female)|
|Moe of Registration||Online|
|Age limit||18-25 years|
|Registration process begins||14th October 2019 till 13th November 2019|
|Job type||Police job (Government job)|
|Date of exam||To be announced soon|
Important Dates for Delhi Police Recruitment 2019
Every individual who wishes to be a part of the Delhi Police recruitment process should be aware of the exam schedule. We bring you the Delhi Police exam dates below to keep you updated on the upcoming events related to the examination:
|Official notification release date||September 2019|
|Online registration begins||14th October 2019|
|Last date to register||13th November 2019|
|Delhi Police Admit card availability||To be announced soon ( 2 or 3 weeks prior to the exam)|
|Delhi Police Exam 2019||To be announced soon|
|Answer key declaration||To be announced soon|
|Delhi Police Result Declaration||To be announced soon|
|PE & MT||To be announced soon|
Delhi Police Recruitment: Eligibility Criteria
In order to get selected for the Delhi Police Head Constable recruitment process, a candidate should be a citizen of India. Both male and female candidates can apply for the Delhi Police exam provided they meet the eligibility criteria. Let’s bring you the mandatory qualifications that both Male and Female candidates should possess in order to sit for the Delhi Police Head Constable exam 2019:
- Every male candidate should have cleared Senior Secondary (10+2) from a recognized board while filling the application form.
- Relaxation upto 11th class only for Bandsmen, buglers, mounted constables, drivers, dispatch riders, etc. of Delhi Police only. Sons of serving, deceased, retired police personnel including Multi-tasking staff of Delhi Police.
- Relaxation upto 11th class only for daughters of serving, deceased, retired police personnel including Multi-tasking staff of Delhi Police.
- Male applicants must have a valid original Driver’s license for LMV ( Motor Cycle or Car) for the post of constable in Delhi Police as on the date of PE & MT. Also, note that learning license is not acceptable.
Candidates can apply from the age of 18 till 25. Age relaxation is provided to certain categories:
- For General category, relaxation in the upper age limit is admissible upto 40 years, whereas for OBC category its 43 years and for SC/ST category is 45 years.
- Relaxation is also given in the upper age limit upto 29 years for Sons of serving, retired or deceased police personnel/ Multi tasking staff of Delhi police.
- Relaxation is also given in the upper age limit upto 29 years for daughters of serving, retired or deceased police personnel/ Multi tasking staff of Delhi police.
- For male candidates, age relaxation for ex-serviceman will be permitted in accordance with the government from time to time. They will be allowed to deduct the time they served in armed forces from their actual age so that the resultant age, should not exceed the prescribed age by more than three years.
|Sons/Daughters of serving, deceased, retired police personnel||5|
|Sportsmen/Sportswomen of distinction||5|
Physical Measurement of Candidates
|Height should be minimum 170 cms||Height should be minimum 157 cms|
|Height relaxation of 5cms i.e. 165 cms for hilly area residents would be required to produce their hill area certificate for this effect in order to claim their relaxation.||Height relaxation of 2cms for hilly area residents would be required to produce their hill area certificate for this effect in order to claim their relaxation.|
|5cms relaxation for ST applicants.||2cms relaxation for SC/ST applicants.|
|5cms height relaxation in case of Sons of serving, retired or deceased Delhi police personnel/ Multi tasking staff of Delhi police.||5cms height relaxation in case of daughters of serving, retired or deceased Delhi police personnel/ Multi tasking staff of Delhi police.|
|The chest of the candidate should be a minimum of 81 cms-85cms ( minimum of 4cms expansion).||Not Applicable|
|Relaxation is provided by 5cms for residents of hilly areas.||Not Applicable|
|5cms chest relaxation for ST candidates.||Not Applicable|
|5cms chest relaxation for Sons of serving, retired or deceased Delhi police personnel/ Multi tasking staff of Delhi police.||Not Applicable|
How To Apply For Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2019?
The registration process of Delhi Police Recruitment will be conducted in online mode only. We have included the direct link to apply for Delhi Constable Post in this article above. Both male and female candidates from all over India can fill in the Delhi Police Application Form provided they meet the eligibility criteria. Follow these simple steps to fill in the Delhi police recruitment application form:
- 1st Step: Go to the official website of Delhi Police- delhipolice.nic.in.
- 2nd Step: Click on the Recruitment tab.
- 3rd Step: Then, click on the Delhi Police head constable recruitment 2019 link.
- 4th Step: Click on the Registration link.
- 5th Step: Fill in your Personal and Contact details.
- 6th Step: Now, enter the Registration Number and Password (you received over SMS or mail) to login to the application form.
- 7th Step: Fill in the Personal, Educational, Residential and Contact details to complete the application form.
- 8th Step: Now, upload your scanned Photograph and Signature.
- 9th Step: Once uploaded, pay the requisite Delhi Police Application Fee.
- 10th Step: Now click on the Submit button and submit your form.
- 11th Step: Download and take the print out of the Delhi Police Application Form for future reference.
Note: The Delhi Police Head Constable Application fee is Rs 100. Female and other reserved categories candidates do not have to pay any application fee. Once paid the application fees will not be refunded.
Delhi Police Constable Recruitment Reserved Categories
Ex-servicemen candidates will have 10% reserved seats.
Delhi Police Recruitment Selection Procedure Of Constable
The Delhi Police selection process goes like this:
- Computer-Based exam: First the selection will be based on the performance of the candidates in Computer Based Examination (CBE). Candidates have to secure minimum qualifying marks fixed by the authority to pass the exam.
- Physical Endurance & Measurement Test (PE & MT): Qualified candidates in CBE will be shortlisted for Physical Endurance & Measurement Test conducted at the notified venues. It will be qualifying in nature.
- Document Verification: Those who will qualify PE & MT will be provisionally selected. They will be invited for Document Verification. All the selected candidates have to verify their original documents at the designated centers.
The selection procedure also involves medical examination of the provisionally selected applicants. Applicants who will be medically fit and satisfy all the conditions will be finally selected and given an appointment.
Delhi Police Recruitment: Exam Pattern
In order to understand the exam pattern of Delhi Police Head Constable exam, candidates should practice previous years’ question paper which will get them familiar with the pattern of the exam. Now here the question paper will be of class 10th level comprising of 30% essay questions, 50% medium level questions, and 20% difficult level questions. Below we have listed the highlights of the exam:
- The mode of exam is online i.e, Computer Based Examination.
- The types of questions asked are MCQs.
- The exam is of total 100 marks.
- Total number of questions are 100.
- The examination is in both Hindi and English language.
- There is no negative marking.
- The total time period of the exam is 90 minutes.
|Part B||Current Affairs/ General Knowledge||50||50|
|Part C||Numerical Ability||15||15|
|Part D||Computer Fundamentals, MS Word, MS Excel, Internet, Communication, WWW, Web Browsers, etc.||10||10|
Delhi Police Recruitment 2019: Admit Card
The Delhi Police Recruitment Authority for Constable post 2019 will release the Delhi Police Constable admit card of all the registered candidates almost 2 weeks prior to the exam date. Candidates will be able to download and print the admit card from the official website i.e, delhipolice.nic.in once it releases. The Delhi Police Admit Card will not be sent to candidates through post or courier. It is compulsory for all the candidates to carry their Delhi Police hall ticket to the exam center on the day of the exam in order to sit for the exam.
Delhi Police Recruitment 2019: Answer Key
Once the Delhi Police Head Constable online exam is conducted, the answer key will be displayed on the official website of Delhi Police. If the candidates are not satisfied with the response in the Delhi Police answer key released by the officials, they can challenge or raise objections with an explanation within 15 days of uploading the answer key. The challenging fee will be Rs 100 per question. After that, all the challenges raised by the applicants will be scrutinized and the Commissioner of Delhi Police will make a final decision on this which will be further used to declare the final Delhi Police Result.
Delhi Police Recruitment: Result
The final result of Delhi Police Head Constable will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the selected test and the decision made by the commissioner of Delhi Police on the final answer key. The Final result will be declared on the official website of Delhi Police on the date decided by the officials. The list released on the official website will display the names of the candidates shortlisted for PE & MT.
Now that you have a detailed article on Delhi Police Recruitment Constable 2019, we hope you stay updated on the same. The Delhi Police Notification will be released tentatively in the last week of September 2019. We advise that you begin the preparation right away and not wait for the Delhi Head Constable Notification to be out. As some sections of Delhi Police exam is similar to that of banking exam, you can take free Bank Mock Test on Embibe. Taking such mock tests will help you build up confidence and work on your time management.