Delhi School of Economics Admission 2020 – Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University has started the application process for its MA in Economics admission 2020. The candidates can complete the registration process from June 20 to August 31, 2020. Registration can be completed in online mode on the official website of University of Delhi at du.ac.in. Candidates who have passed in BA (Economics) with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks from a recognized university will be able to apply for Delhi School of Economics admission. Admission will be done through an aptitude test which will be organized in DU campus only. The candidates will be selected for admission in the MA in Economics on the basis of marks obtained by them in the entrance test and in the personal interview. Read the whole page to know the detail of Delhi School of Economics Admission 2020 such as important dates, eligibility, application, exam pattern, and more.
Delhi School of Economics Admission 2020 Highlights
|Name of the Admission||Delhi School of Economics Admission 2020|
|Conducting Authority||Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University|
|Type of Institute||Public|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit/Entrance based|
|Application Fee||INR. 750/-|
Delhi School of Economics Admission 2020 Dates
A few dates related to Delhi School of Economics Admission 2020 have already been announced by the conducting body. Recently, the conducting authority has revised the announced date; the last date to fill the application form has been extended. The candidates can check the important dates regarding the DU DSE MA Economics Admission 2020 in the table below:
|Start date for Online Registration||June 20, 2020|
|Registration closes||August 31, 2020, Extended|
|Closing date for Payment for Already Registered candidates||August 31, 2020|
|Delhi School of Economics Admission Aptitude Test||To be announced|
|Commencement of class||To be announced|
Delhi School of Economics Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before proceeding to fill the registration form for Delhi School of Economics Admission 2020, the candidates need to check the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the conducting authority. The conducting body has already prescribed the eligibility criteria for the candidates. As per the Delhi University, the following eligibility criteria should be fulfilled by the candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Students (General Category)
Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for Delhi School of Economics Admission 2020 through two modes Direct/ Entrance Test Mode. However, for each mode, the following are the required percentage of marks:
- Direct/Merit Mode– The candidates must have secured at least 60% aggregate marks in B.A. Economics (Hons).
- Entrance Test Mode– A candidate must have secured at least 60% or 1st division or equivalent CGPA in any Undergraduate/Postgraduate degree in any subject from a recognized college/ university.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Students
Foreign nationals are also eligible to apply for Delhi School of Economics Admission 2020. The foreign national candidates will be given a choice to either take a Departmental test or submit their GRE Scores along with 2 recommendation letters from their 2 academic referees.
- Entrance test– Candidates who opt to appear for the entrance test must fill the online form and apply within the prescribed date.
- GRE scores– Candidates who have selected a GRE score for admission must display a high level of mathematical competence through marks obtained in graduation at the university/college studied and in GRE test. After filling the form, candidates will have to send it to the university officials.
Delhi School of Economics Admission 2020 Application Process
After ensuring the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the conducting authority, candidates should proceed to complete the registration process for the Delhi School of Economics Admission 2020. Conducting authority has already started the application process from June 20, 2020. Candidates can access the application form in online mode on the official website of the university till Augiust 31, 2020. The candidates will have to follow the steps mentioned below to fill the application form.
- Visit the official website of conducting authority at du.ac.in.
- Select the option given for registration for Delhi School of Economics Admission and complete registration by entering the necessary details like name, gender, date of birth, nationality etc. Also provide contact detail such as valid email id, mobile number and then create a password.
- Verify the account and login with the e-mail id and password to fill the application form.
- Upload the scanned images of the required documents. The images should be fulfilling the size, dimension, and format criteria.
- Thereafter, proceed to fill the address and bank details in the registration form. Candidates have to now submit the student profile and enter the education details.
- Finally, preview the application form. Candidates should check the filled detail carefully because one mistake can lead the cancellation of their candidature.
- Proceed to make payment of the application form using the available payment option.
Delhi School of Economics Admission Application Fee: The candidates can pay the application fee via debit card / credit card / net banking. Application fee has to be paid as per the fee detail given in the table below:
|SC / ST / PwD / EWS||Rs 300 (for each course)|
|UR / OBC ./ Other||Rs 750 (for each course)|
Delhi School of Economics Admission 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidates preparing to appear for the entrance test for Delhi School of Economics Admission 2020 need to check the exam pattern for the entrance test. The entrance test would be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper). The question paper will have multiple-choice questions only. The question paper will be asked in the English medium. There will be a single test for MA in Economics exam. Candidates have to mark their answers in the OMR sheet. For every correct answer, candidates will be given 1 mark and .25 mark will be deducted for each wrong attempt. Each aspirant should prepare the syllabus of DU in B.A. (Honours) Economics programme. Concepts should be clear and every candidate must have knowledge of the following topics:-
- Microeconomic theory,
- Macroeconomic theory,
- Mathematical Techniques used by Economists, and
- Probability, Statistics and Elementary Econometrics.
Delhi School of Economics Admission 2020 Selection Process
As per the Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University, admission will be done through merit or entrance test. Candidates will have to opt any of the options for admission while registration. As per University, 50% of seats are available for direct admission of students who had graduated with B.A. Economics (Hons) and the remaining 50% will be filled through the Entrance Test. In the written test conducted by the Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University, the candidates must secure a minimum percentage of marks. As per last year admission detail, the minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Test was 40% for General category, 36% for OBC category, and 20% for SC/ST category candidates.
Delhi School of Economics Admission 2020 Merit Lists Preparation
Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University will be the official authority to prepare separate merit lists for Delhi School of Economics Admission 2020. Separate merit list for reserved category and open category will be prepared. The merit lists will be published in online mode on the website and also in offline mode on the notice board of the Department Administrative Office. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the test. For shortlisting candidates, the Admissions committee’s decision will be final and binding on all. The selected candidates will have to be present for admission at the Department Administrative Office with their original documents for verification. They will have to pay the course fee to secure admission. Candidates will have to carry the following documents:
- All original certificates and mark sheets including date of birth certificate along with the attested photocopies thereof starting from 10th class
- 4 recent passport size photographs.
- Admission slips will be issued to successful candidates which must be produced at the time of enrollment in the Delhi School of Economics or in any of the colleges.
Delhi School of Economics Admission 2020 Course Fee Structure
The candidates selected for admission to the MA in Economics programs will have to pay the course fee as per the fee structure furnished in the table below:
|Computer fee||Rs. 3000/-|
|DSE Development Fee||Rs. 500/-|
|DSE Library services fee||Rs. 1000/-|
We hope that this information on Delhi School of Economics Admission has helped you. If you have any queries then you can ask us and we will answer you. Use the comment section below for any queries and comments.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for latest updates on Delhi School of Economics Admission 20201538 Views