DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls – Defence Research and Development Organisation launched the DRDO scholarship scheme for girls. They launched the scheme through the Aeronautics Research and Development Board (AR & DB). Recruitment and Assessment Centre (RAC) invites applications from girls in the first year of UG and PG engineering programmes. The scholarship scheme promotes the girl students to take up the aeronautical, aerospace and avionics engineering programmes for future career prospects. The scholarship scheme of DRDO attracts women from various institutes intending to touch the talent of bright students all over the country.
DRDO lays down specific requirements for the scholarship scheme. Aspirants who fulfil the eligibility conditions can apply for the scheme. The officials will consider the JEE Main or GATE score for B.Tech and M.tech programmes respectively. The amount of scholarship will vary for UG and PG degrees. Aspirants pursuing UG course will receive a grant of INR 120000 per year for a maximum of four years. Read the article to know more about the DRDO scholarship scheme for girls.
DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls: Overview
The scholarship scheme aims to encourage girls to take up engineering programmes in aeronautics, avionics etc. Eligible aspirants can apply for the scheme to avail its benefits. Check below the highlights of the DRDO scholarship scheme for girls-
Highlights of DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls
|Name of the Scholarship Scheme||Defence Research and Development Organization Scholarship Scheme for Girls.|
|Launched By||Aeronautics Research and Development Board|
|Eligibility||Girls students pursuing B.Tech or M.Tech|
|Duration of the Scholarship||Up to the completion of the programme|
|Selection Criteria||Marks in JEE Main or GATE|
|Total Number of Scholarships||30|
DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls: Eligibility Criteria
Students who wish to avail the scholarship must fulfil the eligibility conditions laid down by the authority. The eligibility will define the academic requirements along with the qualifying exam must for applying for the scheme. Check below the eligibility criteria of the DRDO scholarship scheme for girls-
For UG Level
- Students with Indian nationality are eligible.
- Aspirants with admission in the first year of the current academic year in B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc Engineering course can apply for the scheme.
- Students should have a valid JEE Main score.
For PG Level
- Indian nationals are eligible for the scheme.
- Aspirants must have secured admission in the first year of the current academic year in ME/M.Tech/M.Sc engineering programme.
- Students need to secure a minimum of 60% in the qualifying exam.
- Aspirants must have a valid GATE score.
Students pursuing a dual degree programme/integrated masters course in the subjects mentioned above can also apply. However, the scholarship in such cases will be applicable only for the first four years of the B.Tech degree under the above scheme.
DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls – Application Process
Students meeting the eligibility conditions can apply for the scholarship scheme. The officials release the advertisement every year to notify the interested students about the scholarship. Aspirants must check the application dates of the current year and apply accordingly. The authority holds the right to reject the application forms of ineligible students. Hence, all aspirants must check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Find below the application process of the DRDO scholarship scheme-
- Fill in the details of the application form carefully. Aspirants must provide all the necessary details in the application form.
- Upload all the specified documents
- Submit the application form within the deadline.
DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls – Document Checklist
- Enclose a scanned copy of each required certificate
- Upload recent passport size photographs with size not more than 50 KB.
- Proof of admission (not more than 500 KB)
- Aadhaar card (not more than 500 KB)
- Fee details (not more than 500 KB)
- Certificate from the institute (not more than 500 KB)
- Printout of the finally submitted application form for future reference
- Valid GATE/JEE Main mark sheet
DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls: Selection Process
The officials will consider the score of the aspirants in the national-level entrance exam. The aspirants need to have a valid score in the particular exam for selection. The officials will create a merit list based on the score in the entrance exam to shortlist the candidates. Check below the selection criteria for UG and PG level-
Criteria for Selection
|First year UG scholarship||Valid JEE Main score|
|First year PG scholarship||Valid GATE score|
The students without the JEE Main/GATE score will not be considered.
DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls: Instructions for Validity
During the year of scholarship, UG and PG scholars need to qualify for all the tests and examinations prescribed by the institute. Students need to maintain a cumulative grade point average of 70% or 7.00 marks. The officials will not disburse the amount of scholarship for the particular year for the students failing in test/examination and do not complete the academic year.
The institutions will forward the list of qualifying students in the first and the subsequent years to the Aeronautics Research and Development Board for the release of scholarship grants. The authority will also forward the list of the students for discontinuity of the scholarship to the AR&DB board for the record.
DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls: Benefits
The scholarship amount will vary for UG and PG students. The duration of the scholarship for B.Tech and M.Tech pursuing students will be four and two years, respectively. Check below the amount and number of scholarship offered under the DRDO scholarship scheme for girls-
|Level||Subject/Discipline||Amount of Scholarship (INR)||Number of Scholarships|
|AerospaceEngg /AeronauticalEngg / SpaceEngg &Rocketry /Avionics /Aircraft Engg.|
12,000 per year
|Aerospace Engg / Aeronautical Engg / Space Engg & Rocketry / Avionics / Aircraft Engg.|
15,500 per month subject to 186,000 per year.
DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls: Conditions
- The students availing of the scholarship can opt for one scholarship at a time. They will need to submit an undertaking countersigned by the institute that she is not availing any scholarship from any other institute.
- The scholarship offers will depend on the number of scholarships in order of merit. The students can find the list of selected candidates at the official website of AR&DB.
- The number of scholarships is restricted to 20 for UG and 10 for PG students pursuing the respective degrees at the academic institutes.
- The applications without the scanned copies of certificates will be considered incomplete and will be rejected.
- Selected candidates will get scholarships via their respective institutes. The officials of the institute need to submit the contingent bill with the ECS mandate for the release of the money.
- On discontinuation of the scholarship, the officials will not grant it further to the students even if they qualify the eligibility in the later years.
- Aspirants need to produce all original certificates for verification in the institute. The officials will also forward the certificates to AR&DB.
DRDO Scholarship Scheme: General Instructions
- Applicants must fill in the details carefully in the online application form. As incomplete or wrong information will lead to rejection.
- The applications of the students not as per the instructions will be automatically rejected by the computer system. The officials will not entertain any query in this regard.
- The closing date for the submission of the online application form will be the date for determining the eligibility of all the candidates in all respects.
- Students must enclose all the documents and scorecard along with the form.
- Misrepresentation or falsification of data detected at any stage will lead to the cancellation of the candidature.
- Students must note that RAC or AR&DB do not request any payment at any stage of the selection process.
In case of any query regarding the status of approval of scholarship, the students may contact at-
DRDO Scholarship Scheme – Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Who can apply for the DRDO scholarship scheme for girls?
Ans: The girl students pursuing B.Tech or M.Tech from an institute can apply for the scholarship scheme of DRDO.
Q2. What is the duration of the DRDO scholarship scheme for girls?
Ans: The duration of the scholarship is four years for UG students and two years for PG students. However, the continuation of the scholarship will depend on the academic performance of the students.
Q3. How many DRDO scholarships are available for girls?
Ans: There are a total of 30 DRDO scholarship schemes for girls. The UG students are open to 20 scholarships while there are 10 scholarships for PG aspirants.
Q4. What is the mode of application for the DRDO scholarship scheme?
Ans: Aspirants can apply for the DRDO scholarship scheme for girls via online mode.
Q5. What are the criteria of selection for the DRDO scholarship scheme?
Ans: The officials will consider the JEE Main and GATE score for the selection of UG and PG students, respectively.
Stay tuned to embibe.com to catch all the updates about the DRDO scholarship scheme for girls.1584 Views