DU JAT Exam Pattern 2020 – NTA on behalf of the University of Delhi prescribe the exam pattern of DU JAT 2020. Delhi University Joint Admission Test (DU JAT) 2020 will be conducted in computer based mode. According to the DU JAT exam pattern 2020, the type of questions will be objective and the time duration of the exam will be 2 hours. The exam will take place in two shifts.
The question paper is designed to assess the aptitude of the candidates. The subjects that will be covered in the exam include Quantitative Ability, General English, Reasoning & Analytical Ability and Business & General Awareness as per the exam pattern of DU JAT 2020. This article contains the details related to DU JAT 2020 exam pattern, syllabus of the paper, marking scheme and some important instructions.
Latest – DU JAT 2020 Application Form has been extended till July 18.
Highlights of DU JAT Exam Pattern 2020
The table mentioned below states the major highlights of DU JAT paper pattern 2020. The applicants must go through the same to get the clear idea of the exam pattern:
DU JAT 2020 Exam Pattern
|Mode of exam||Online or Computer-Based|
|Number of papers||1|
|Number of questions||100|
|Number of sections||4|
|Section wise questions||25|
|Type of questions||Objective or Multiple choice questions (MCQs)|
|Time duration||2 hours|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking||1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer|
DU JAT Exam Pattern 2020 – Detailed Overview
- The mode of DU JAT exam is online or computer-based.
- The type of questions in the exam will be multiple choice or objective.
- There will be total 100 questions in the paper and the applicants need to complete the same within two hours.
- The question paper includes total four sections and each of them contains 25 questions.
- The medium of question paper will be English only.
- The subjects that are included in the syllabus contain Quantitative Ability, Business and General Awareness, General English and Reasoning and Analytical Ability.
DU JAT 2020 Exam Pattern – Section wise Questions and Marks
The table mentioned below contains the name of the sections, number of questions in each section and total marks.
Number of Questions and Marks (Section-wise)
|Name of Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Reasoning and Analytical Ability||25||100|
|Business and General Awareness||25||100|
DU JAT Exam Pattern 2020 – Question Paper Highlights
- The question paper contains total 400 marks.
- Each question has equal marks in the paper.
- For every right answer, the candidates will be given 4 marks.
- For every wrong answer, one mark will be deducted as negative marking.
- No deduction will be there for unattempted questions.
- In case a question is marked twice, it would not be considered as a right answer.
DU JAT Marking Scheme 2020 – A Quick Info
Given below is the tabular form of marking scheme of DU JAT 2020:
|For every right answer||+4 marks|
|For every wrong answer||-1 mark|
|For unattempted questions||No deduction|
DU JAT Syllabus 2020
The candidates must be aware of the complete DU JAT 2020 syllabus for better understanding of exam pattern . Let’s discuss the same in below given table:
DU JAT Syllabus
|Quantitative Ability||Numbers, Fractions and decimals, Profit and loss, Ratio and proportion, pie chart and graphs, etc.|
|Reasoning and Analytical Ability||Verbal analogy Word sequence, Time sequence, Terms and prepositions, Number series, Diagram, Direction and distance, Missing characters, Verbal reasoning, etc.|
|General English||Identification of common errors, Grammar and usage, Synonyms and antonyms, word-formation, Vocabulary, Comprehension at sentence and paragraph level, Pairing of words, One-word substitution, etc.|
|General Awareness||Geography, General history, Economics, Politics, Science, Current affairs, Computers, etc.|
DU JAT 2020 – Important Points to Remember
- The applicants are supposed to reach the exam venue one hour before the given time.
- DU JAT admit card is the mandatory document without which the applicants will not be allowed inside the examination hall.
- The candidates are not permitted to bring any electronic item in the examination hall.
- The applicants need not to carry extra rough sheet in the examination hall as they can do rough work in the test booklet.
- The answer sheet must be filled correctly and completely.
- In case, the details are not entered perfectly in the sheet, the result may not be evaluated.
- The invigilator in the examination hall is not supposed to clarify any test related doubts of the candidates.
- The candidates should mark the answers clearly by darkening the circle in the sheet.
- The authority may disqualify the applicants who fail to stick to the instructions given in the examination hall.
This is the complete guide for DU JAT Exam Pattern 2020. For any query or doubt, get in touch with us. If you have any doubts or queries regarding the article, feel free to reach out to us using the comment box.
Stay tuned to embibe.com to get latest updates on DU JAT Exam Pattern 2020294 Views