DU JAT 2020 – The application form has been released on June 20, 2020. The last date to fill DU JAT 2020 application form has been extended till July 18. In order to be considered eligible for DU JAT exam, candidates should be passed out in senior secondary examination from CBSE or from any equivalent board with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (55% marks for SC/ST/CW or PwD candidates). The eligible candidates can access the application form on the official website of conducting authority.
DU JAT 2020 is an undergraduate level entrance exam conducted by NTA for offering admission into six stipulated colleges of Delhi university course Bachelor of Management (BMS) and other eight colleges offering programmes like BBA (FIA) and B.A (Hns) in Business Economics. National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the DU JAT 2020 in computer based mode. On this article, the candidates can read detailed information on Delhi University Joint Admission Test (DU JAT) exam such as important dates, eligibility, registration & selection process, syllabus, exam pattern, result and more.
Latest – DU JAT 2020 Application Form has been extended upto July 18.
DU JAT 2020 – Exam Overview
|Name of the examination||Delhi University Joint Admission Test|
|Commonly known as||DU JAT|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Frequency of Exam||Once in a Year|
|Mode of examination||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Programmes Covered through DU JAT||BMS|
B.A (Hons.) in Business Economics
|Number of Test Cities||18|
DU JAT 2020 Important Dates
The exam conducting authority that is National Testing Agency has announced the important dates of DU JAT 2020 exam. The candidates preparing to appear in the entrance exam can check the official in the table below:
DU JAT Exam Dates 2020
|Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Application Form Availability||June 20, 2020 (Released)|
|Application Form Ending||July 18, 2020 (Extended)|
|DU JAT 2020 Admit Card Availability||To be notified|
|DU JAT 2020 Exam||To be notified|
|DU JAT Exam 2020 Result declaration||To be notified|
|Admission against 1st merit list||To be notified|
|Admission against 2nd merit list||To be notified|
|Admission against 3rd merit list||To be notified|
|Classes Begins||September, 2020|
DU JAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The exam conducting body that is National Testing Agency has determined the eligibility criteria for the candidates seeking admission. Along with releasing the application form of the exam, the eligibility criteria has been prescribed. Candidates can check the official DU JAT eligibility criteria 2020 below:
- Educational Qualification: To be considered eligible for the exam, candidates must have cleared the senior secondary examination from CBSE or equivalent board. Candidates whose results are awaited for the qualifying examinations will also be eligible to apply.
- Required Marks: Candidates belonging to general and OBC category must have obtained a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the four subjects- Mathematics, English and other two subjects. Candidates belonging to reserved categories like SC/ST/CW or PwD must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate in class 12 exam.
- Age Criteria: There is no age limit to be eligible for the exam.
DU JAT Application Form 2020
The application form of DU JAT 2020 begins on June 20. In order to fill and submit the application form, the candidates have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of NTA and click on the link for filling the application form ( https://ug.du.ac.in/index.php/site/index )
- Now, click on the tab ‘New registration’ button given there.
- Candidates have to fill the registration form as prescribed there. Thereafter, login through the registered email id and password.
- Candidates have to fill the registration form by entering personal details, educational qualification details, and contact details.
- After filling the registration form, candidates have to upload the documents as per the size and format prescribed in the table below.
DU JAT Registration Form 2020 – Required Documents
|Passport size photograph||10- 50 kb||jpg/jpeg/png|
|Scanned signature||10- 50 kb||jpg/jpeg/png|
|Class X mark sheet/certificate (Self-attested)||100- 500 kb||jpg/jpeg/png|
|Class XII mark sheet- (if result declared)||100- 500 kb||jpg/jpeg/png|
|SC/ST/PwD/CW/KM Certificate (if required)||100- 500 kb||jpg/jpeg/png|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (if required)||100- 500 kb||jpg/jpeg/png|
|Sports and/or ECA certificates (if required)||100- 500 kb||jpg/jpeg/png|
- After uploading the above mentioned documents, candidates need to select the course they are applying apply for.
- Candidates have to now make payment of the application fees through any of the following payment modes:
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Net banking
- In the end, candidates need to take a print of the receipt of the filled application form.
Candidates applying for DU JAT 2020 exam, need to pay the application fee as per the fee details given in the table below:
|Category||Fees Per Course|
|General/ OBC/ CW||Rs. 750|
DU JAT 2020 Exam Centres
While filling the online application form of DU JAT 2020 exam, applicants will be required to select the exam centres from the list given there as per their convenience. The exam centre is where the entrance exam will be conducted in 2020. The exam centres will be shown while filling out the application form. The exam will be conducted in total 20 cities in all over India. The candidates can check the official list of DU JAT exam centres in the table below:
*Delhi/NCR includes: Delhi, Gurugram, Faridabad, Noida, Greater Noida, Sahibabad and Ghaziabad.
DU JAT 2020 Admit Card
Candidates who are going to submit the online application form of DU JAT exam 2020 will be able to download their admit card of the exam. Candidates can download their DU JAT admit card 2020 on the official website of NTA. Candidates must remember that the admit card can be downloaded only through online mode, it will not be sent through offline mode. To download the admit card, candidates need to follow the given steps:
- Visit the official website and click on the official link provided for downloading the admit card.
- Now, login with the credentials- registered email ID and password.
- Thereafter, click on the tab ‘download admit card’ given there.
- System will display the admit card in PDF format on the Screen.
- Download and take the print of the admit card for future references.
On the day of exam, candidates will have to carry their admit card along with a photo ID, without the same no candidates will be allowed to enter the exam hall.
DU JAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The examination conducting body that is NTA has revealed the exam pattern of DU JAT 2020 along with releasing of notification. We are providing here the official exam pattern, the exam would be conducted in computer-based online mode at various exam centres throughout the country. Check the detailed DU JAT exam pattern below:
- Exam Mode: Computer-based Test (CBT)
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Language of Exam: English
- Total sections of the Exam: There will be a total of 4 sections in the exam
- Number of Questions asked in the exam: 100
- Marking Scheme: 4 mark for each correct answer, for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
Exam Pattern – Section wise Distribution
|Section||Number of questions|
|Business and general awareness||25|
|Reasoning and analytical ability||25|
DU JAT 2020 Syllabus
As per National testing Agency, the DU JAT Syllabus 2020 will consist of various topics divided into 4 sections that are Quantitative ability, Reasoning and analytical ability, General English, and Business and general awareness.
|General Awareness||Politics, Current affairs, Geography Economics, General history, Science, Computers|
|General English||Synonyms and antonyms, Fill in the blanks, Grammar and usage Identification of common errors, Vocabulary word-formation, Comprehension at sentence and paragraph level, One-word substitution Pairing of words|
|Reasoning and Analytical Ability||Number series, Direction and distance, Diagram, Verbal reasoning, Missing characters, Verbal analogy, Word sequence, Terms and prepositions, Time sequence|
|Quantitative Ability||Numbers, Profit and loss, graphs and pie chart, Fractions and decimals, Ratio and proportion|
DU JAT 2020 Exam Day Instructions
On the day of exam, candidates are suggested to follow the instructions given below
- Firstly, candidates are advised to reach the exam centre at least half an hour before the exam starting time so that they can avoid facing any inconvenience.
- Candidates should focus on keeping themselves stay relaxed and stress free during the examination day.
- Candidates are advised not to practice on the day of examination, doing the same might get themselves confused.
- Don’t forget to carry the admit card and a photo ID along with it, without the same, no candidates will be allowed to enter the exam hall
- Get ready with all the necessary things required during the exam including the admit card.
DU JAT 2020 Answer Key
After conducting DU JAT 2020 exam, the exam conducting authority that is NTA will release the provisional answer key tentatively on the next day of the exam. Candidates appeared in the exam will be able to access the answer key on the official website. The final answer key will be tentatively released in the month of August 2020. Students can download the answer key through the official website of Delhi University. With the help of answer key, candidates can estimate the score they might get in the entrance exam.
DU JAT 2020 Result
After releasing the final answer key, NTA will declare the result in online mode. The result of DU JAT 2020 exam can be checked in the form of scorecard on NTA’s website. Candidates can download and check the score card on by entering their roll number and date of birth as per the prescribed format. Candidates are advised to keep their score card safe for future use, it will be used during the admission process. After declaration of result, shortlisted candidates will have to appear for further selection process. The candidates who will score required marks in the exam will clear the cutoff and can proceed to get admission.
DU JAT 2020 Cutoff
After declaration of result, National testing Agency will announce cut off of DU JAT exam. DU JAT cutoff determines the minimum marks that each candidate needs to score in the entrance exam in order to be considered eligible for admission. NTA will announce the opening and closing rank soon after the declaration of result. Candidates meeting the cutoff criteria will be called for further admission selection process. The cut off list is prepared by the conducting body on the basis of parameters such as
- Difficulty level of the exam
- The number of available seats in colleges
- Number of candidates appeared in the exam
- Previous year’s cut off trends
- The number of qualifying candidates
- Reservation criteria etc.
DU JAT Expected Cutoff 2020 – Top Colleges
|College||Course||Expected Cut Off Rank|
|Aryabhatta College, Delhi||BMS||710|
|Deen Dayal Upadhyay College, Delhi||BMS||245|
|Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar College||BA (Hons) Business Economics (BBE)||1045|
|Keshav Mahavidyala, Delhi||BMS||270|
|Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women, Delhi||BBA (FIA)||630|
|Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi (SSCBS)||BMS||160|
|Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi (SSCBS)||BBA (FIA)||150|
|Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce||BA (Hons) Business Economics (BBE)||375|
|Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College||BA (Hons) Business Economics (BBE)||875|
DU JAT 2020 Selection Procedure
Candidates who are going to appear in the exam will be selected for admission into management programmes offered at Delhi University completely on the basis of qualifying examination and marks obtained in the exam. The final selection of the candidate will be based on the following parameters:
|Qualifying Examination (Best four subjects including English, Maths and other two subjects)||35%|
|DU JAT 2020 result||65%|
DU JAT 2020 Seat Matrix
Candidates can check below details of DU JAT 2020 seats –
BMS and BA (Hons) Business Economics
|College||BMS||BA (Hons) Business Economics|
|Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khasa College||–||40|
|Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce||46||40|
|Shaheed Sukhdev College for Business Studies||204||–|
|Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women (W)||51||–|
|Ram Lal Anand College||51||–|
|Maharaja Agrasen College||–||51|
|Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College||–||40|
|Deen Dayal Upadhaya College||51||–|
|College of Vocational Studies||51||68|
|Bhim Rao Ambedkar College||–||68|
|Shaheed Sukhdev College for Business Studies||99|
|Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women (W)||51|
DU JAT 2020 – Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
This is the complete guide for Delhi University Joint Admission Test 2020. For any query or doubt, get in touch with us. If you have any doubts or queries regarding the article, feel free to reach out to us using the comment box.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for latest updates on DU JAT 2020200 Views