EFLU Admission 2020 – The English and Foreign Languages University has postponed the exam of UG programmes for EFLU admission untill the further notice due to COVID-19 pandemic. Earlier, the exam for UG programmes was held on April 12, 2020. EFLU 2020 admit card for UG courses will be released soon by the university.
English and Foreign Languages University is conducting the EFLU 2020 entry tests for PG, UG and doctoral programmes like BA (Hons), MA, B.Ed, PGDTE, etc. On December 17, 2019, the University had released application form and notification for EFLU admission 2020. The EFLU entry exam 2020 will take place in 23 Indian cities for all programs across different test centers.
EFLU is a computer-based national examination. The EFLU 2020 has a total mark of 100 marks. Acceptance for EFLU 2020 depends exclusively on the EFLU-cut off criteria that include the minimum marks for EFLU 2020 applicants. ELU 2020 results and cutoffs will be published by May/June 2020. The applicants should read this article to learn more regarding EFLU admission 2020 which is conducted by the English and Foreign Languages University.
Latest Notification regarding EFLU Admission 2020
Overview of EFLU Admission 2020
|Exam Name||English and Foreign Languages University Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||English and Foreign Languages University|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-based test (CBT)|
|Mode of Study||Regular|
|Exam Duration||120 minutes|
|Total Test Centres||23|
|Total Number of Seat||790|
|Total Ph.D. courses||15|
|Total Teacher Education courses||3|
|Total UG courses||8|
|Total PG courses||14|
Important Dates for EFLU Admission 2020
The table below shows the important dates of EFLU 2020 for major events so that the applicants can become familiar with the exam timetable. The following dates are conveyed through EFLU 2020-21 official brochure.
Schedule of EFLU Admission 2020
|Application process begins||December 17, 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||January 21, 2020|
|Admit card||For PG, Teacher Education Courses, Post Graduate Diploma in Translation and Research courses – February 19, 2020 (Released) |
For UG courses – Releasing soon
|EFLU 2020 exam||February 29, March 1, 2020 (For PG/PGD/PHD courses)|
Postponed untill further notice (UG courses)
|Results||To be notified|
|Counseling||To be notified|
EFLU Admission 2020 – Offered Courses
The English and Foreign Language University offers various courses for UG, PG as well as PhD programs for the applicants who are willing to get admission into the university. A long list of all the EFLU courses proposed by the university is available. Eight UG courses are offered in EFLU 2020 along with 14 PG courses, 15 PhD courses, and 3 teacher education courses.
Seats are spread through three university campuses located at Hyderabad, Shillong and Lucknow. The university has 240 UG course seats, 510 PG seats, 130 teacher education seats and 131 Ph.D. seats.
Seat Distribution for UG Programmes:
|B.A. (Hons.) English||40|
|B.A. (Hons.) Arabic||20|
|B.A. (Hons.) German||20|
|B.A. (Hons.) Japanese||20|
|B.A. (Hons.) Russian||20|
|B.A. (Hons.) Spanish||20|
Seat Distribution for PG Programmes:
|M.A. English Literature||20|
|M.A. Literatures in English||20|
|M.A. Comparative Literature||20|
|M.A. English Language Teaching||20|
|M.A. Computational Linguistics||20|
|M.A. Arabic Language and Literature||20|
|M.A. French Language and Literature||20|
|M.A. German Language and Literature||20|
|M.A. Hispanic Language and Literature||20|
|M.A. Russian Language and Literature||20|
Seat Distribution for Teacher Education Programmes
Seat Distribution for Ph. D. Programmes
|Ph.D. Linguistics & Phonetics||14|
|Ph.D. English Language Education||10|
|Ph.D. Indian & World Literatures||6|
|Ph.D. English Literature||12|
|Ph.D. Literary and Cultural Studies||8|
|Ph.D. Film Studies & Visual Culture||4|
|Ph.D. Comparative Literature||4|
|Ph.D. Translation Studies||4|
|Ph.D. Aesthetics & Philosophy||4|
|Ph.D. Arabic Language & Literature||16|
|Ph.D. French Language & Literature||2|
|Ph.D. Russian Language & Literature||6|
|Ph.D. German Language & Literature||2|
|Ph.D. Spanish Language & Literature||2|
EFLU 2020 Eligibility Criteria
For BA Courses:
The candidates who apply for EFLU 2020 for B.A courses should have:
- At least 50% (General / OBC) and 45% (SC / ST), passed in a 10 + 2/intermediate test or its equivalent.
- The applicants of B.Ed will have a minimum percentage of 50% (General / OBC) and 45% for SC/ST in B.A. English or the same percentage in M.A. for each category.
- English should be a mandatory subject.
- Candidates who are in the last year of qualifying exam or their results are awaited need to meet the qualification criteria while admission process.
For M.A. Courses:
Candidates for the MA courses should have the following qualification:
- A bachelor’s degree in aggregation with minimum of 55% (General / OBC) and 50% (SC/ST)
- For PGDTE English, candidates must have completed M.A. Languages with 55% (General / OBC) and 50% (SC/ST), as a minimum aggregate and in English/English Literature/TESL/ELT/ Linguistics as mandatory.
- For PGDTA, 55% (General / OBC) and 50% (SC / CS) must be scored by the candidates in MA Literature in Arabic / Arabic / Linguistic / Arabic teaching.
- Candidates who have a B.A degree in their own languages or a B.A. degree in each specialty with a B1 standard qualification equivalent to a qualified certification in that language must be prepared for classes in Arabic, French, Russian, Hispanic language as well as literature.
EFLU Application Form 2020
The University has released the application form of EFLU 2020 on December 17, 2019 . The last date to complete the EFLU 2020 application was January 21, 2020. The applicants must ensure that they complete the EFLU application correctly. In the EFLU application form, the university will not provide a correction provision. The applicants are thus recommended in their EFLU application form 2020 to upload all required documents.
A secure getaway is available for candidates to pay their EFLU 2020 application form fee. You can submit the EFLU 2020 application fee via Debit Cards / Credit Card / Net Banking. The fee for the EFLU application form varies according to the various categories of reservations, as shown in the following table.
EFLU 2020 Application Form Fees:
|Category||Fee (In INR)|
EFLU Exam Centres 2020
The EFLU 2020 test centers are located in 23 different cities throughout India. While filling up the EFLU 2020 application form, the candidates can choose their desired EFLU exam site. They should select their exam centers according to their convenience.
The candidates should be aware of the fact that in later phases, the university will not consider a proposal or attempt to modify the EFLU examination centers; therefore, the applicants are recommended to choose their examination centers carefully. The applicants should also note that the university has every right to change the EFLU exam center without prior notice.
EFLU Test Centres
EFLU Admit Card 2020
The EFLU 2020 admit card for UG courses will be released soon. The applicants must enter their login credentials (Username and Password) to download the admission card for EFLU admission 2020. The copies of their EFLU admit card have to be downloaded by the applicants. The entry pass is a hall ticket for the applicants to get an entry in the exam centre. Details such as candidate’s name, roll number, exact location and venue of the test center, date and time of the examination are included in the admit card.
EFLU Exam Pattern 2020
- Mode of Examination – The exam is conducted in computer based mode
- Total Number of Questions – There are 100 questions in the exam
- Total Marks – The exam is of 100 marks
- Type of questions – There are objective type (MCQ) questions and descriptive questions in the exam
- Marking Scheme – For every correct response +1 mark is awarded and there is no negative marking. For unattemped question, no marks given.
Applicants must read the EFLU 2020 exam patterns below.
- M.A. Programmes include Arabic Language and Literature, French Language and Literature, German Language and Literature, Hispanic Language and Literature, Russian Language and Literature- There are three sections – A. Objective type (40 marks) B. Pen and paper (descriptive) – 30 marks C. Oral (30 marks).
- B.A. (Hons.) Programmes include English, Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish and B.Ed in English – The question paper is of objective type and of 100 marks.
- M.A. programs also include English, English Literature, Literatures in English, Comparative Literature, Linguistics, English Language Teaching, and Hindi, computational linguistics, the paper is of objective type and contains 100 questions.
- The paper is in objective form with 100 points for PGDTE in English and PGDTA in Arabic.
EFLU Result 2020
The EFLU 2020 result will be announced in May/June 2020 by the English and Foreign Language University. EFLU results will be published as admission lists, with the names of the applicant(s). Aspirants applying for EFLU 2020 must look into the names, number(s) and marks obtained during the EFLU exam. EFLU counselling is feasible for those who are able to achieve minimum cutoff marks.
EFLU Cutoff 2020
The EFLU cut off for 2020 is the minimum marks which are to be obtained by the test-takers. The distributions of the required minimum marks for each category are prescribed below:
|Categories||Required Minimum Cut off|
EFLU Admission 2020 – Reservation Criteria
The English and Foreign Languages University provides the reservations to the OBC/ST/SC/PWD candidates. Check the seat reservation from the table below:
|Category||Reservation of seats|
EFLU Counselling 2020
The EFLU 2020 counselling is available for candidates who manage to achieve the required minimum cutoff. The EFLU 2020 counselling process will take place in the last week of June 2020 on the campus of the University. In the admission lists published by the university, the candidates will get EFLU counselling date, and time.
It is noted that the candidates are asked to bring all the required official documents to the EFLU counselling 2020 . The lack of any of the documents will lead to the cancellation, even in subsequent phases, of the EFLU admission process. Candidates who do not show up on the mentioned venue and the prescribed time then the same seat will be offered to the next candidate on the waiting list.
Documents to carry for EFLU counselling 2020
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- EFLU application form
- EFLU admit card
- Birth Certificate
- Identity Proof (Aadhar Card/ PAN Card/ Passport)
- Caste Certificate (if any)
EFLU Fee Structure 2020
Candidates can check below the fee structure of all the EFLU programmes:
|Programmes||1st semester fee for General/ OBC||1st semester fee for SC/ ST||1st semester fee for VHC/ PHC category|
|B.A (all courses)||Rupees 3455||Rupees 2625||Rupees 1850|
|B.Ed||Rupees 11100||Rupees 10030||Rupees 1910|
|M.A courses||Rupees 3860||Rupees 2790||Rupees 1850|
|PGDTE/ PGDTA/ PGDT||Rupees 4175||Rupees 2830||Rupees 1850|
|Ph.D. Programmes||Rupees 6540||Rupees 4925||Rupees 3325|
We hope that this information on EFLU 2020 Admission has helped you. If you have any queries then you can ask us and we will answer you. Use the comment section below for any queries and comments.
Stay tuned to embibe.com to get the latest news and updates on EFLU Admission 2020664 Views